On 5/18/2018 at 9:18 PM, Elastigirl said:

Woohoo-awesome week 3 birdies and 20# lost!

Yay! Thank you! I managed to hit the same score again this past week, so it wasn't just a fluke :)

On 5/20/2018 at 4:13 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Sorry about all he crazy job stuff, but hoping it will work out for you in the end.

Good luck with the tournament and hope you get lost of sales!

Thanks Elize! We actually did sell quite a bit (by my fairly low standards) - still, our most successful event, businesswise!

2 hours ago, Maigahane said:

How are things going? I hope you had a good camping/disc golf weekend

The weekend was a mixed bag - I played very badly, but hubs played great - he got 3rd in his division (and there was 32 players, so that's much more impressive than when I place in that range lol). Selling stuff was successful, but I'm not overly impressed with how the tourney was run... ah well. The weather was good, if windy, I got to see my baby brother, and the trailer's first trip of the year was good... and has me dreaming of all the renos I want to do to it!

Things have been a little stagnant lately - I've been eating too much, partly from just not getting back on track after the weekend, but some of it is stress-related, for sure!

I have a meeting with my bosses this afternoon, so I'm hopeful that will bring clarity and peace. But not overly optimistic. 

I'm missing doing challenges... but I know I am not in a place to do the next one still. Maybe the one after that. 

Upcoming plan! 

Make the most of this weekend to get ahead on all the stuff that needs to be done in the next couple weeks. 

Trip to Kelowna next Thurs - Mon! For wedding :)

Canmore disc golf tourney the weekend after that.

Stay sane. Eat less. Maybe do a push up. 

• Like 4

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Good luck on everything you have to do, and the wedding! Enjoy! Which dress was this one?
[emoji3]
This one's the lilac strapless :)

So the boss meeting actually went pretty well - they are going to at least consider extending my position full time (instead of .8) until the end of October. We got a little clarity, got to express some concerns and I feel a bit better.

I am very excited to only have 3 more shifts left with my current boss. And I'm gone on vacation on her last day, so I can avoid that whole "I'm pretending to be sad you're gone!" thing.

Yesterday was fairly productive - I made some shirts and ordered more and also new business cards (and stickers!)

Food choices have been decent. Sanity still intact. No pushups yet.
  • Like 4

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

17 hours ago, Fonzico said:

So the boss meeting actually went pretty well - they are going to at least consider extending my position full time (instead of .8) until the end of October. We got a little clarity, got to express some concerns and I feel a bit better.

I am very excited to only have 3 more shifts left with my current boss. And I'm gone on vacation on her last day, so I can avoid that whole "I'm pretending to be sad you're gone!" thing.

Oh thank goodness! Uhhmmm you'll have to say goodbye on the day that you leave for vacation, but then at least can keep it to: "so all the best for your future endeavours" or something in that line. Well probably, if you see her... :D

Sounds like your t-shirt business is going well. So happy for you!

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Oh thank goodness! Uhhmmm you'll have to say goodbye on the day that you leave for vacation, but then at least can keep it to: "so all the best for your future endeavours" or something in that line. Well probably, if you see her... [emoji3]

Sounds like your t-shirt business is going well. So happy for you!
Done! I had a polite goodbye with her before I left yesterday, said some nice things that I didn't mean, and did a little happy dance in my head as I walked away!

I can't fathom for the life of me why she wants to be Facebook friends though... that's a request that'll be ignored.

Off to Kelowna today! I've been doing well at maintaining - I'm just past the 20lbs lost mark still, and considering everything that's been going on lately, I'm SO okay with that. I'm going to try to be moderate over this trip, but it's only 5 days, 2 of them travel. I'll tackle my goals with a vengeance after next weekend, when my life will be slightly less crazy.

I've got pepperoni sticks, cheese sticks, and home-roasted almonds for snacks, and I'll bring a BA sub salad for hubs and I to share for the drive.

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be raining at the disc golf course we were going to stop at on the way... But there's a nice one at our final destination. I think we're going to sneak in a round before we go to our friends' place :D

Alright! Last wedding of the year - let's do this!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Level 20

I'm alive! Stressed out AF, but alive.

Let's see:
1. The Kelowna trip went great! Aside from a very expensive speeding ticket :/ (I was not the one driving. I'm pretty grumpy about this.
But I ate like an idiot, and am still 1lb up from before we left.

2. My job is not going great. I still don't know if I'll be full time or not, and my existing contract runs out at the end of this month. My new boss, while lovely, has neither the time nor knowledge to support me and my coworker, and we're both floundering. And the work that I DO know needs to be done is much much more than her and I can get done in a day and it fucking sucks and I'm wildly unhappy about the whole situation.

3. The latest disc golf tournament was not particular successful from a playing nor a t-shirt selling perspective, which is probably adding to my general malaise.

4. BUT I didn't bloat up over the weekend whilst camping and discing which is first of all unprecedented and secondly a good indicator that my food choices were on track.

5. Hubs and I have made a pact to drastically cut down on alcohol, until his birthday in mid July. Partly for financial reasons (another large source of stress right now) and partly for health. We both did have a one light beer each on the weekend, but a typical tournament weekend usually sees more like 6 or 8, so it's an improvement.

6. As of today, I have officially survived my six weeks of unreasonable busyness. So that's exciting. Things will hopefully improve from here.

Miss you all. I'll try to be a better buddy!

• Like 2

Level 20

Whoo! Deep breaths and it will all shake out in the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I'm feeling a bit better about life today. A good sleep probably helped! 

Work is still whatever, but I'm dealing. I'm also looking at other jobs - while I know I can go back to my old position in November, it's good to keep options open. There's a promising looking opportunity about 45 mins away that I might go for. I don't know how I totally feel about moving... we be central to a lot of things, but kind of far from everything, and it's in a smaller town. Eh though. Might be time for a change. 

And I dropped down another 1/2lb, so I'm almost back to my most recent low! Time to make some progress again. 

I'm also thinking that I should start bike commuting again! I finally think I'll have the time/energy for it. And going to yoga in the park. Yes yes yes. 

• Like 2

Level 20

You look fantastic, and if the pics are any indication it looks like you had a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Yesterday was a bit better of a day.

I got to go to a disc golf clinic for women, generously put on for free by a couple of touring pros who are in the area! It was really really well done and I feel like I got a lot out of it.

It was 1.5hrs away though, so I had to leave right after work, and didn't get home until after 11 :/

But I packed a snacky supper and had a proper meal once I got home. Going to bed at 1230 is so not my jam though.

Hubs is going away this weekend (to the tournament the aforementioned pros are in the area for). I'm a little sad to miss it, but it's for the best - I'm definitely on the cusp of burnout. It's going to feel really good to get my house in order too, and that's so much easier without the mister in the way ;)
I also don't think this tournament is particularly well run, so while I'll miss the social aspect, I would probably have just been grumpy about things.

Our next tournament isn't until the end of the month, so I have a little time to recover and to practice :)

Aaaand my return to strictness in the food department this week paid off - I'm down to 143! New low :) by over a pound. I've been bouncing around between 144 and 147 for like a month, so it's nice to feel like I'm making real progress again!

• Like 3

Level 20

Okay, after a solid night's sleep (and dropping another 1.2lbs?! WTF I don't even know what's going on there.) and FINALLY starting to catch up a bit on things at work, I'm feeling better.

Hubs is taking off sometime this morning. It's his nephew's birthday tonight though, so I'm going out for dinner with his family. To a steakhouse, thank goodness!

And my coworker is on vacation today, which means I can justify working through lunch, and leaving early, so that we have walk-in coverage through the day - I would do that every day, if I could!

• Like 3

Level 20

Dinner at the steakhouse was great! It was nice to see my in-laws - it had been too long.
I got bacon wrapped filet mignon, with a wedge salad, mushrooms, asparagus, green beans and peppers. I couldn't eat even half of it (especially once I was donated extras from a veggie-hater) so I'll have an awesome lunch or dinner today :)

Today I'm going thrifting with my sister! I'm in desperate need of clothes that fit... But I'm not willing to spend too much especially if they're going to be too big again soon (hopefully).

Other than that, it's all about the hard core domestic rangering this weekend. Imma get this ship in tip top shape!

• Like 3

Level 20

On 6/14/2018 at 3:14 PM, Fonzico said:

I'm down to 143! New low :) by over a pound.

Oh wow, and then wow again on the extra the next day. Maybe the last bit you lost was water? But you're on a serious roll now!

On 6/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, Fonzico said:

Dinner at the steakhouse was great! It was nice to see my in-laws - it had been too long.

Sounds delicious. Glad you had such a good time, and enough left overs for another great meal.

Hope you get some nice clothes when out shopping.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Thrifting was a success! I got a new pair of jeans, 4 shirts, a jacket and two dresses - one being a coral Guess dress that looks like it's maybe been worn once!
One of the shirts is a high necked black crop top that I'm not ready to actually wear, but I figured it was a good "aspirational" piece.

In other news, I ate all the things yesterday. They were delicious and they were keto but it was much too much...

I managed to get the bathroom spotless yesterday, although I got sidetracked while doing the kitchen and ended up sorting our recycling cupboard? I don't know what to call it, it's the weirdest little space. It's like a closet, but the floor is raised up a couple feet because of the staircase underneath it. It does have a couple shelves, but you pretty much have to climb up inside it to get to them, so it's not much use as a pantry. I have no idea what it is intended to be used for... So we put recycling and cleaning supplies and the dog food in it.

Anyways, it was PACKED with empty egg cartons, because I know several people who have chickens and I save them for them and forget to ever actually pass them along. It was very hoarder-esque. So those are all packed up in a box, and put in the truck to be taken to my in-laws and the recycling is sorted.

I got the kitchen and livingroom finished today, including washing the floors. Just going to get some laundry put away, as this place will be decent.

Bonus pic: other thrifted dress! f407352203a3acc3d10426f6aa9d1651.jpg

• Like 3

Level 20

I'm alive, I swear! 

I felt like i was dying last week though - major plague. Nothing much to report there, just lots of sleep! 

I finally got my contract extension at work! So I remain in my full-time advising role until the end of October. This makes my life a bit easier. 

Things are slowly getting sorted in my department, so I feel a tiny bit less like ripping my hair out. It's going to be interesting though. At least my coworker's contract was extended too, so hopefully that means I won't lose her before I go. Training a newbie would be so beyond right now. 

Disc golf tourney this weekend! It's one we've never been to, but I hear good things - very much looking forward to it. We'll be camping again - I am in the midst of making new curtains for the trailer! That will make it look so much better. There's still lots of work we need to do on it, but it's slowly coming together. 

• Like 4

Level 20

12 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Glad work things are more stable for now.

Hope everything else has been going well for you

All is relatively good. Thanks for checking in! 

Tapatalk won't let me log in :( but i still got the notifications, so who knows what's up with that? 

Tourney weekend was lots of fun! I was one of only two people in my division, so it wasn't really much of a competition, (and what competition it was, I lost ;)) but a good time nevertheless. I did win a "closest to the pin" prize, so that was cool! Hubs came in 4th in his division, which was great! 

As usual though, I ate and drank too much...

It's a good thing that we have a 5 week break until the next one oO

Although every weekend until then is still going to be tempting - birthday party this weekend, hubby's birthday next, family camping trip the week after that! 

I've been doing the old gain and lose the same 3-4lbs thing for a month...

As for work... I'm just going to keep my head down and do my best until November when I can get out. I'm really over this whole thing, but what can you do? 4 more months... 

• Like 5

Level 20

9 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Tapatalk has been acting weird for me too. It gives me an error that I can't sign in, but when I hit cancel it works. It's also popping up constantly asking me to upgrade so I'm tempted to get rid of it.

In November do you go back to your old position?

The mobile version is actually pretty slick, I think I'm going to get rid of Tapatalk too...

Yes, I go back to my old job in November! Gah, do you remember how anxiously I wanted THIS job?! Haha oh well, at least it was a temporary contract - I absolutely would have quit my old one for this one at that time if I'd had to.

• Like 2

Level 20