You can do disc golf professionally? How is that not a goal for you?
Oh, it absolutely is! But I'm a few years away from that. I moved up to the 2nd highest amateur division last year, but didn't win any events there. I'm hoping to change that this year, and then maybe move up to the highest am division next year. The problem is that there aren't a ton of women playing in my area, so it's hard to gauge your progress - there's a group of about 5 of us who are kind of improving together, but it would be nice to both test ourselves against and learn from other higher level players. There's only 1 pro woman in Alberta, although a couple players from BC occasionally come to our tournaments... But I mean, playing pro is not as lucrative as it sounds lol. If you're lucky, you might win a few hundred dollars. Here, anyways. It's different in the States, but the field is also super competitive there.

Anyways, next year, hubs and I are planning to go to Emporia, Kansas for their big tourney in April! So that'll be an amazing opportunity to play with a variety of women in my division and see how I do.

It's getting better though. We had a record breaking 11 women play in one tourney (across all divisions) last year, and this year there's already more than that in 3 of the first 4 tournaments!
  • Like 4

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Week Two Day Two:

Keto: Finally! Tracked all, and came in well under on carbs (13.5g/20)

Kettlebells: I went, but it sucked. I was feeling not great all day, and about half way through, I started getting light headed... I pushed through as best I could but it was not something I felt great about.

Honestly, my body is feeling a bit worn down. I might need to deload.

Disc golf: Nada, but my new bag came! Aside from the color, I love it. SO MANY POCKETSSSSS! I'll get to try it out at our preseason league night tonight.

Also, a disc that I lost last year, 500 miles away, has made its way back to my general vicinity! Haha hopefully it's not too much the worse for wear after spending the winter outside -it was one of my favorites and my attempt to replace it was disappointing.

Business:
We'll start taking shirt orders for the league tonight! I need to make a form...

• Like 5

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

16 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Also, a disc that I lost last year, 500 miles away, has made its way back to my general vicinity! Haha hopefully it's not too much the worse for wear after spending the winter outside -it was one of my favorites and my attempt to replace it was disappointing.

Oh glad for you! Would be interesting to know where its been.

16 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I was feeling not great all day, and about half way through, I started getting light headed...

This not maybe because you're getting back into Keto? Maybe give your body some time to adjust a bit to burning fat instead of sugar.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

This not maybe because you're getting back into Keto? Maybe give your body some time to adjust a bit to burning fat instead of sugar.
Perhaps - but my previous workout was much better, so I'm not sure.
I'm going to skip kettlebells tonight though, and see his giving myself a little extra rest goes :)
  • Like 2

Level 20

Week One Day Three:

Keto: totally on track. Yay! 14.4g carbs

Kettlebells: Rest

Disc golf: Heck yes! We had a pre-season league night, and I played the best round I've ever played on that course! Which actually kind of sucks, because that score will be used to set my average (which is what you play against to win, in the recreational league) but I don't get anything for being awesome.

But the changes I've been making to my drive seemed to click, and I was getting crazy distance that I've never gotten before. And my putting was nearly perfect.

Also there was a woman who came who'd never played before, so I was showing her the ropes. She was picking it up insanely quickly, so hopefully we've got her hooked!

I'm actually starting to feel better about the tournament next weekend [emoji3]

Business: I ordered a male mannequin torso (we already have a female one) so we can take pics of our shirts for the website. Also paper shopping bags.

• Like 3

Level 20

Week Two Day Four:

Keto: Yep.
I felt terrible yesterday - nauseous, lightheaded, feverish. My coworker called in sick too, so I don't think it's a keto thing. I came home from work around 1130, slept until 4. I did manage to eat some food at that point, and made decent choices.

Kettlebells: I had already decided not to go, but it turns out I couldn't have anyways.

Disc golf: Nada

Business: hubs is almost done with new designs for cards, gift certificates and stickers :)
Also registered a second domain just for the disc golf side of things - still need to fix up the website.

We have a big event on campus today, so skipping work isn't an option. I think I'm feeling better than yesterday though, so hopefully it'll go okay.

• Like 3

Level 20

We have a big event on campus today, so skipping work isn't an option. I think I'm feeling better than yesterday though, so hopefully it'll go okay.

Ugh. It so did not go okay.

I mean, I survived. But I felt awful most of the day, and hauling stuff around and having to stand made it so much worse. And my boss was being a very unpleasant individual, which just kind of sent me over the edge.

AkRH8mz.gif

Well, I was *supposed* to be there, but I really could have used another sick day.

I had a good cry when I got home. And then made keto pizza and drank vodka soda's. Maybe not the best coping mechanism... But what can you do?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Level 20

Yesterday was a better day.

My boss actually apologized, calmly explained why she was frustrated, and we talked about how to improve going forward.

Which is SO above and beyond anything I expected from her! I doubt things will actually change, but it was at least an attempt to handle things properly.

I didn't do anything in the evening - ate supper, dozed on the couch, then went to bed early.

It's been a week. I definitely needed the extra sleep.

Food was... More than necessary. I'm blaming shark week.

And kettlebells was cancelled! :/ Also got next Friday, and I probably can't make Monday because I have to work late. So Wednesday is my next chance.

Today, we've got shirts to make, and disc golf to play!

Also grocery shopping.

• Like 5

Level 20

Hoping you get over the plague bug soon. That is great that your boss apologized.
Feeling better now! Thank you :)
I hope you're feeling better now.

Oh I feel this so hard. This was basically my thoughts after talking with my boss last week too.
I am, both physically and mentally. Kind of resigned to the job stuff for now, but in the end the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
  • Like 2

Level 20

Week Two Wrap-up:

Keto: 3 days with carbs under 20g... Eish, no improvement there! Yay for stress eating...

Kettlebells: I went once. But in all fairness, that was all I could go.

Disc Golf:
4x practice rounds
I did some putting fieldwork, but i need to get some driving in.

Finally got my niece out with us! Seems like she had a good time :) she's playing in the one-day tourney here in town next weekend, so I wanted her to get some practice in. She's totally got the knack for it, if she actually keeps it up, she'll be awesome.

Business:
Take pics of shirts for website.
Post Spring fling shirts
Price 2nd mannequin and ordered!
Get caught up on entering expense
Order Spring fling shirts etc

I also ordered bags, worked on a new shirt design, and hubby set up a 2nd desktop in the office! He also did a couple small jobs for our non-disc golf side, so that's good too.

Not a terrible week... Really I just need to reign in the food (oh, what a surprise!) And I'll be solid.

• Like 3

Level 20

Week Three Goals:

Keto: The usual. Track everything. Less than 20g carbs.
I'll give myself a bit of flexibility in the weekend - it's disc golf tourney time! And those are long days, and a little extra wouldn't go amiss. But I still need to stick to smart food choices!

Make an epically solid meal plan for the weekend away.

Kettlebells: 1x - all my schedule allows this week.

Disc golf:
Go to league night.
2x practice rounds
Win tournament. Beat previous year's score at tournament

Business:
Finish ordered shirts
Top up stock to bring
Update inventory spreadsheet
Update sign

• Like 3

Level 20

On 4/28/2018 at 2:28 PM, Fonzico said:

Which is SO above and beyond anything I expected from her! I doubt things will actually change, but it was at least an attempt to handle things properly.

Glad that she at least attempted to do the right thing. So many bosses don't. Hope things smooth out this week.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:59 PM, Fonzico said:

Make an epically solid meal plan for the weekend away.

How did the weekend go?

I hope you ended up feeling better today.

I don't suppose you're planning on driving to the tournament in Kansas next year? Cause I think we'd be (kinda sorta, maybe) on your way [emoji4]
I missed this somehow! Sorry!

I'm pretty sure we're going to fly though :( I'll definitely let you know if that changes though!
  • Like 1

Level 20

Glad that she at least attempted to do the right thing. So many bosses don't. Hope things smooth out this week.

Aaaand she's being a jerk again today. Sigh. Whatever. I'm getting better at shaking it off.

How did the weekend go?

It's this coming weekend! I have some food stuff planned, but I need to solidify it.
I'm thinking protein-heavy salads for lunches, fathead sausage rolls, cheese and pepperoni sticks, raw veggies and nuts for snacks/breakfast. We will probably eat out on Saturday night, but I'll bring something for Friday night, so I just need to plan that.
  • Like 1

Level 20

Week Two Day Two:

Keto: 26g of carbs, but tracked everything. A bit better than the last few days.

Kettlebells: No, had to work late.

Disc golf: played a pretty terrible 9 holes after work. Someone pointed out something I've been doing wrong last week, and trying to fix it has been messy... I got really grumpy.

Business: new mannequin arrived!
Also, got expenses entered and orders recieved, updated a spreadsheet, and worked on a new design :)

It was actually a decent day overall.

Tonight is the first disc golf league night of the season! Very excited.

• Like 2

Level 20

10 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Aaaand she's being a jerk again today. Sigh. Whatever. I'm getting better at shaking it off.

Sometimes that's all you can do. You are not responsible for how she acts, only how you act.

10 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm thinking protein-heavy salads for lunches, fathead sausage rolls, cheese and pepperoni sticks, raw veggies and nuts for snacks/breakfast. We will probably eat out on Saturday night, but I'll bring something for Friday night, so I just need to plan that.

I've just had breakfast, but now you have me all hungry and craving again this side! :D That sounds good.

• Like 1

Week Two Day Three:

Keto: Yes! Solid day, macro-wise. 18g carbs.

Kettlebells: rest day

Disc golf: League night! I didn't feel like I was playing well, but my score wasn't bad in the end. My niece came along and she's still learning, so I was more so focused on her.

Business: hubs did stuff. :D

Kettlebells tonight. I'm probably going to die.

I also have WAY too much to do before Friday... I need to go shopping - I officially need to retire my favorite jeans: I wore them last night, and while the belt kept them up, they're so bunched up, the belt keeps slipping up above the waistband.

I guess I can't complain about loose clothes though. And TWO different people yesterday commented on my weight-loss, so it must be getting visible now! So that's cool.

• Like 3

Level 20

Awesome! Enjoy the shopping!
I didn't end up going - I had a bit of a rough evening.

I am struggling mightily with what to do about my job - there should be a permanent posting coming up next month, and I don't know if I want to apply for it or not. My boss can be awful... Not all the time, and when she's not, I think "yeah, of course I want to stay here". But that flips like a switch, and suddenly it's not worth it.

Even on a good day, her communication skills are seriously lacking, and I don't have a lot of respect for how she does things.

And my old position, which I can still go back to in November, if I don't take the permanent one... Well, it was a bit more boring, but I had the best boss in the world, and I could just leave work at work.
And while it pays a bit less, I kind of think that it was worth it, just to be able to enjoy my non-work life better.

Compounding the issue is that it is going to make things awkward as hell for 5 months if I don't apply for the permanent one, because she's expecting me to, and I still have an 80% contact until the end of October...
Bleh.

Anyways. I basically shut down from the stress of it all.

Yesterday was better - but I still have no idea what I'm going to do.

Keto: has been solid. I've been just barely over the 20g line the last couple of days.

Kettlebells: none :( very short on extra energy and time right now.

Disc golf: got in a little practice last night. We're heading to Lethbridge today, and the tournament starts tomorrow! So excited!

Business: Made some more hats up. Hubby finished the custom jobs on order.

I also successfully meal prepped ALL the food for this weekend. We will not go hungry! And no excuse not to stay on track.

Ooh! And I'm getting my purple bag! Not the one on the top of my list, but the purple version of the red one I already got.
Basically I've been harassing various businesses through email lately... And it's paying off. Lol
The company that makes the bags is a sponsor for the women's global event... But they only ship in the States! Not very "global" of them. So I wrote to (very nicely) complain, and they are giving me the bag for $140 including shipping and taxes! It retails for $240, and the crazy good deal I got on the other one was still like $175 with shipping. So yeah. Very very pleased.
  • Like 2

Level 20

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I am struggling mightily with what to do about my job - there should be a permanent posting coming up next month, and I don't know if I want to apply for it or not. My boss can be awful... Not all the time, and when she's not, I think "yeah, of course I want to stay here". But that flips like a switch, and suddenly it's not worth it.

Even on a good day, her communication skills are seriously lacking, and I don't have a lot of respect for how she does things.

And my old position, which I can still go back to in November, if I don't take the permanent one... Well, it was a bit more boring, but I had the best boss in the world, and I could just leave work at work.
And while it pays a bit less, I kind of think that it was worth it, just to be able to enjoy my non-work life better.

Compounding the issue is that it is going to make things awkward as hell for 5 months if I don't apply for the permanent one, because she's expecting me to, and I still have an 80% contact until the end of October...

Oh that's tough! :( Have you spoken to her about her attitude, how she talks to you, acts towards you? Otherwise things like prompting her to say things in a better way? "Did you mean to ask me ..." Can just pray that you receive some wisdom to handle this situation. *hugs* But personally I would also rather get less money for a better work environment and time and stress free for sports and other outside activities.

Kettlebells: none :( very short on extra energy and time right now.

The stress will drain your energy a lot.

And I'm getting my purple bag! Not the one on the top of my list, but the purple version of the red one I already got.

Woot! Woot! Purple bag for the win!

Lol, I always mumble when companies say they sell internationally, then don't send anything to South Africa. Ok, I understand a lot of packages get "lost" sent via normal post, why courier companies are making buck loads of money in South Africa, but come on, we are also international! There are so many things I would have ordered already, like dry fire training cards, and a decent, broad belly band that actually fit my f.a. not to mention some of the other home schooling products. Mmm maybe it's good they don't send to South Africa.

• Like 1