Well, the first disc golf tournament of the year was a huge success for me! First place!

By a good 10 strokes too. I feel a little bad - I was trailing by one after the first day, and the woman who was leading had a rough day on Sunday - I definitely didn't beat her at her best. But I think it might have been enough anyways.

Also, the two best women in our division weren't at this one... So I still have my work cut out for me this year!

But nevertheless. I played some really excellent disc golf this weekend, and I'm proud of myself. And I smashed my own scores from last year, which is the important part!

I tried to stay on track food-wise this weekend, and did a decent job, but having a couple drinks each day definitely put me over my carb limits. I'm a touch bloated today, but I think I did okay overall. It's going to be tricky not to gain with all these tournament weekends! But I can do it.

We sold just a couple things, but really were only set up for a little bit after the 2nd round.

The next couple events we have a bigger role in, and will have a proper both set up for the whole time. And we've already pre-sold like 18 shirts for the next event, so that's pretty sweet!

In other news, I got to let my job stuff kind of turn over in the back of my mind, and then talked to my parents yesterday about it too, which helped.
I am decided - I'm going to go back to my old job. It won't be until November, but at least I will know that it's coming.
Now to have some awkward conversations at work...

• Like 5

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

42 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Well, the first disc golf tournament of the year was a huge success for me! First place!

Nice! Great job!

43 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

In other news, I got to let my job stuff kind of turn over in the back of my mind, and then talked to my parents yesterday about it too, which helped.
I am decided - I'm going to go back to my old job. It won't be until November, but at least I will know that it's coming.

I was going to say that based on your last post this seemed like it might be the best option for you. Being happy at work is huge. You spend too many hours there to be in a position that you're not happy in. Good luck with the awkward conversations.... :)

• Like 1

Good deciding - were it me, I think that’s what I would do as well. Your happiness is paramount, especially given how much time you spend at work.

And way to go on prebooking a bunch of shirts! That’s great!

Plus: even if you won over that woman on an off day, you still won - devaluing that would be like Mohammad Ali saying he only won over X opponent because he was having a better day - that’s all sports boils down to at a certain point; good days vs bad days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On 5/7/2018 at 3:13 PM, Fonzico said:

But nevertheless. I played some really excellent disc golf this weekend, and I'm proud of myself. And I smashed my own scores from last year, which is the important part!

That is awesome! Congratulations!

The next couple events we have a bigger role in, and will have a proper both set up for the whole time. And we've already pre-sold like 18 shirts for the next event, so that's pretty sweet!

This is just as good news. I'm so glad for you guys. Your shirts will get known and before long you'll have more orders before competitions.

Glad you got to make your decision. Good luck with the conversation.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Oh. My. God. 

Wow. 

So, after all this soul searching and agonizing and drama... MY BOSS IS GETTING LAID OFF! 

I don't even know how that makes me feel. Well, I feel bad for not feeling bad.

There's going to be some pretty major restructuring, so I can't even begin to actually reevaluate my decision right now. But wow. 

So, technically, she could still stay here, but take a position on the same level as mine... which I think is pretty unlikely. It's a major pay cut, and I really don't think she would want to do that, either in terms of the actually work, or the ego blow. Or a position somewhere totally elsewhere in the organization, which is just peachy with me - as long as she's not my direct supervisor, no problem. 

She was just told today, and so has a couple days off to process it - it's hard to say if she'll come back at all. Her position doesn't technically end until the end of June, but she might just take the severance and go. I think she'll probably come back, at least for a bit though. 

So yeah. I guess we'll see what goes down. Decision officially on hold...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

Well that's an interesting turn of events. Definitely wait and see how it all falls out before deciding. Do you know who you're boss will be with the restructuring?
Someone who hasn't been hired yet, that's the scary part. They're creating a new position that will include her portfolio but a bunch of other stuff too.

But there was also talk about how "we're going to be changing the way we deliver service" and hiring more people in the role I'm currently in... So I'm expecting some pretty major changes in general.

For what it's worth, I REALLY like my grand-boss (like my boss' boss? Lol) who was the one who was delivering this news. And she said she'll be able to share more about the master plan soon, once everyone whose jobs are being affected have been notified. I have faith that she'll be an excellent leader though this.

But yeah. Just way too many unknowns right now. And definitely going to be some chaos to work though. Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day!
  • Like 3

Level 20

Wow! Well, keep your head on a swivel and your ears open, I guess! :D Let's see what the future holds.

PS: I think your grand-boss might take you into consideration when making changes, as they previously seemed to have like you, your qualifications, and work ethic. So here's hoping and praying that things work out for the best.

• Like 1

Well, with all the upheaval, I've done a pretty bad job of updating on my actual goals lol.

In fact, I didn't actually declare my goals for the week..

But really, it's:
Keto. As always.

Be awesome at disc golf.

Business stuff.

And really, that's about all I'm going to have time for, for the next 5 weeks. Which is exactly why I'm not doing challenges!

Week Three:

Keto:
Day 1: not great. Totally binged in the evening.
Day 2: much better. Did OMAD. Felt great, super low carb. Like 6g.
Day 3: somewhere in between. Got kinda bingey, but pulled out of it. Kept carbs below 20g, but calories were a little high.

Disc golf:
League night on Tuesday. I wasn't at all happy with how I played - my drives and putting weren't bad, but I couldn't hit my line on my upshots to save my life. Silent way too much time in the trees, for a course that's basically an open field!

BUT! It was enough for 2nd place in the Rec division, which gets me $6 of my $10 buy in back lol. And hubs got first in competitive, so he gets $18! Considering I never once placed high enough to cash out last year, I'll take it!

The local one-day tourney is on Saturday! I'm excited - I've never really helped run one before - I mean, I've helped mow and sell raffle tickets, but this is a bigger deal, for sure.

Business: the shirts for the tourney are all done. We finally bought one of those shirt folder thingies - do you know how hard it is to fold shirts evenly when they're all different sizes?! Lol. It should arrive today.

Now to get our own stock built back up!
I have tomorrow off, so I'll be able to help.

• Like 3

Level 20

Holy shit on the job front - but also yay - I’m cool with being a terrible person [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Bi-weekly update: since that's apparently how I roll these days.

Keto: I've been kind of sucking with the tracking thing, but oddly enough, NOT because I'm upset with how I've been eating and don't want to face up! Just because I'm busy and don't want to spend the time weighing and measuring and logging.
I've done a solid job of eating quite low carb....
But. I've been having 2-3 drinks a day for the last couple days, so that is kind of cancelling it out.

We'll see how it goes. If I can cut the drinking out during weekdays, I won't worry too much about it. It's summer, after all!

Disc golf:
Well, the tournament as an event went off really well - everything was smooth, and people seemed to be having a good time!

My first round was decent, but I completely fell apart in the 2nd round. It was just... Relentlessly terrible. One of my worst scores ever. So that was sad.

Hubs ended up not playing - he tweaked his neck the day before, and it did not get better overnight. It turned out to be kind of blessing (maybe not for him, since it was kind of boring) but he took lots of pictures, and counted score cards and was generally extremely helpful :)

Business:
We got some stuff stocked up, but still need to do more.
I came up with a new design! And even vectorized it myself. Lol. I have a functional knowledge of illustrator, but I usually just let John do it because he's so much faster.
I'll post a pic of it when I get a sec - I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

Made up a new pricing sign board... Except for some reason he just used the design from the old one, and it really needed to be updated...

The shirts we made for the tournament were really well recieved!

All in all, a good week.

• Like 4

Level 20

Week Five Goals:

Keto. Obvs.
Once again, I need to come up with a killer plan to stay on track with camping/disc golfing this weekend.

The weekend before last's worked really well, but I had access to a fridge/microwave.

TBA.

Disc golf:
I have 5 rounds scheduled - League night tomorrow, random doubles at the new course for the tourney on Friday, and the 3 tournament rounds.
That's probably all that will happen. My goals are just to play smooth, calm and smart.

Business:
Make more shirts/hats.

Make a banner.

Take some pics for website.

Alright! Another busy and short week. Let's do this.

• Like 3

Level 20

Sorry about the off day.One more reason why you shouldn't feel guilty about last's weeks win. Last week you were on, this week you weren't, that's pretty much how life goes.Glad they liked your shirts.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I actually did some proper fieldwork for disc golf last night. I feel better about things, for sure.
League night tonight, so we'll see how that gets put into action!

We are having a big meeting at work today to find out what the restructuring will look like.
There's been a lot of speculation so far, which while very difficult to resist, is not terribly helpful. I'm trying to reserve judgement until I find out more... (I'm not really succeeding, but I'm trying. I'll wait to update until I actually know what's going on though).

I think I've more or less got my meal plan for the weekend put together. After doing this many many times, my priorities are a) ease of cooking at the campsite while b ) not having to do a billion hours of meal prep for 2.5 days worth of food. It's a difficult balance! Lol

But here's my plan so far:
Breakfasts:
sausage cups
Protein shakes

Lunches:
Grilled chicken and raw veggies with peanut sauce
Italian sub salad
Fathead pizza bagels

Dinners:
Philly cheesesteak bowls and Caesar salad
Creamy ground beef and cauliflower
(These both can be pre-cooked and reheated in aluminum containers on the camp stove)

Snacks:
Olives
Pepperoni sticks
Cheese
Roasted nuts
Celery+peanut butter

I feel like it's a bit heavy on the prep side right now though.
Easy+healthy+yummy is a difficult trifecta to hit!

• Like 3

Level 20

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

There's been a lot of speculation so far, which while very difficult to resist, is not terribly helpful. I'm trying to reserve judgement until I find out more... (I'm not really succeeding, but I'm trying. I'll wait to update until I actually know what's going on though).

It will be really interesting to see what happens. Has your current boss decided what she's doing yet or is it still up in the air?

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

I think I've more or less got my meal plan for the weekend put together. After doing this many many times, my priorities are a) ease of cooking at the campsite while b ) not having to do a billion hours of meal prep for 2.5 days worth of food. It's a difficult balance! Lol

Ugh, you just reminded me that I need to figure out a food plan for our road trip next month. I really don't want to subsist on fast food the entire time

• Like 1

It will be really interesting to see what happens. Has your current boss decided what she's doing yet or is it still up in the air?

She's pretty much decided on leaving - I didn't really think she'd take the paycut and stay in our office, but it sounds like she's also not interested in the other position elsewhere in the college.

The question only remains whether she gives notice or stays until the end of June.
Honestly now that she's on her way out, I am so much less stressed already - I'm not bothered either way.

Of COURSE this meeting is at the end of the day! It's going to be the longest day ever!
  • Like 3

Level 20

Well, it seems like my decision is practically being made for me - it sounds like they are going to break up our 2 full time positions into 3 part time ones. The pay increase isn't enough to balance that out.
So now what I really want to do and what makes the most financial sense align.

I'm pretty sure this means my additional 0.2 position is also being abolished when the contract runs out at the end of June. I still have a 0.8 mat leave coverage until the end of October...
So I'm trying to figure out if we can make that work. I'd love to only work 28 hours a week for a few months!

My alternative is to go back to my old position for 7 hours a week. Which I don't want to do, mostly because the schedule is a nightmare to juggle (if I could just work one day a week there it would be one thing, but that's not an option). Also, it's really hard to actually accomplish anything when you work an hour or two a day.

I still have a little time to think it over.

In other news: disc golf league was awesome last night! I scored my best round ever, including 3 birdies - one of which I had never made before! My putting was on fire. I did have a couple holes that went badly, but that just means I know I can do even better :)
The scores aren't up yet, but it's pretty likely that I won the Rec division.

Also, I officially crossed the 20lbs lost line as of this morning! *Happy dance* it's been slow going for the last 6 weeks or so... Meaning that I've been almost there for a while. Why are round numbers so satisfying?

More importantly, I've well passed my usual "self-sabotage and regain" point. I'm in very new territory now.

• Like 3

Level 20

21 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I still have a little time to think it over.

Good luck. I'll pray for some wisdom for you.

In other news: disc golf league was awesome last night! I scored my best round ever, including 3 birdies - one of which I had never made before! My putting was on fire. I did have a couple holes that went badly, but that just means I know I can do even better :)
The scores aren't up yet, but it's pretty likely that I won the Rec division.

You win some, you loose some, but it sounds like you did pretty amazing! Woot! Woot! So happy for you.

Also, I officially crossed the 20lbs lost line as of this morning! *Happy dance*

Awesome! Woot! Woot!

• Like 1

Yesterday was a better day.

I'm still a little anxious about work, but I think I'm decided (unless a new option opens up). I decided that the pay cut from reduced hours for 4 months is too much - I could make it work, but it would probably mean giving up our Kansas trip next year. So I will *grump* work two positions for 4 months. Then go back to my old position full time in November.

I'm sad though - my position is not the only one losing hours, and my coworker is also not okay with not working full time (no surprise! These positions are going to be so hard to fill with good people :/) so we will lose her as soon as she finds something else.

So yay. It'll be me, two even more part time new people and a new boss who doesn't know anything about advising or recruitment, and has a million other priorities on her plate. It's going to be a gong show.

As much as I was ready to quit over the behaviour of my old boss, losing her is still really going to do a number on my department.

Sigh. Whatever. I just have to knuckle down and get through it - at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Anyways. We're about to start getting ready for our camping/disc golf trip for the weekend!

We've got lots of shirts/hats done up, and it's a big tournament, so I'm hopeful we'll sell a decent amount.

I just need to finish up the food prep, and get the trailer packed! Yeah yeah yeah let's go!

• Like 3

Level 20

Weird that they made multiple part-time positions, it does seem like that would be hard to fill with good employees since most people want/need full time.
They're trying to increase coverage for walk-ins - right now, if someone is out doing presentations or something, there's only one other person, so either that person doesn't take a lunch, or there's no one for people to see. And since the budget is tight, that meant turning 2 ft positions into 3 pt ones. But before they let my boss go, there were 3 FT people in the office, since she would cover walk ins if me and my coworker were both out. So this is still a much worse scenario.

I'm not sure if they've thought through all the implications. Overtime is going to be unavoidable. And yeah. Anyone who is decent who applies for those positions will be doing it to get a foot in the door, and will leave as soon as something FT comes up.
  • Like 1

Level 20