Good on you for the other things, and getting back on. But bike commuting? Oh sore bums here we come... But I wish you good luck! :loyal:
Hehe! Well, the thing is, I'm cheap, and I can't get a discounted bus pass from May-Aug. I refuse to pay for parking at work. I can drive and park off campus and walk in, which I do sometimes, and it's fine, but biking still saves more money! And it's pretty short - only a 15-20 minutes ride one way.

The only thing is that parking is free in July and August, so I tend to get lazy then...
  • Like 3

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Update:

Keto: I am trying to get back on to my intermittent fasting schedule, because that was really working for me. Yesterday was crazy busy and I really didn't have time for lunch anyways, so it made it easier. I still ate a bit too much in the evening, but it was an improvement. Carbs were only a little over.

Kettlebell: Yes, I finally went! Felt good and awful all at once! I went pretty light with the weights, but I'm still going to die of doms over the next couple days.

I reaaally hate playing disc golf in the snow, and the snow has been so persistent this year so I haven't been playing :/ we have a basket set up in the basement though, so I could at least be practising putting!
There's a random doubles game going on tonight... But it's just going to be ice/mud and I'm not overly excited about that... But I'm thinking about it.

I can't remember if I mentioned, but I'm helping put on a one-day disc golf tourney here in May, that's intended to try to get more women involved in the sport (maybe there's a women's global event going on near you! It's a worldwide initiative. They're going to be so much fun!)
https://www.pdga.com/women/global-event
I think both John's and my niece are going to come (they're both 12), so that's really cool. I also need to get them out to practice! Dang it, snow, just melt already! We had already had dry ground for weeks by this time last year...

• Like 4

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

I kept to my one meal a day schedule again yesterday - I'm definitely feeling good about this again!

Dinner was a big ass cheeseburger salad (this is hubs' favorite meal right now), spinach dip and pork rinds, roasted pumpkin seeds and some keto pecan pie square.

I'm now just 2lbs over what I was at before we left for Mexico, instead of the 6lbs the day after we got back, so I'm feeling much better in that regard as well.

I'm dying from DOMS even worse today though! Hoping tonight's kettlebell class helps work some of that out.

And I was wrong about this weekend - John's tourney isn't until next weekend! Still going to get business stuff and cleaning done though, but he can help me. And to work on my marriage goal, I'm hoping we can do a disc dying session together this weekend! Creative collaboration =+++

We woke up to MORE snow today... I am so done with this stuff! I'm still hopefully it'll melt of the sidewalks at least, so I can still bike this weekend, but if not, I promise to use the stationary bike instead. I gotta get my legs back!

The good news is that as long as it's not too busy today, I'll be able to knock off early - always a nice way to start the weekend. I'm going to get a pork roast going in the slow cooker for dinner - yum!

• Like 4

Level 20

4 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm now just 2lbs over what I was at before we left for Mexico, instead of the 6lbs the day after we got back, so I'm feeling much better in that regard as well.

Way to go!

4 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm dying from DOMS even worse today though! Hoping tonight's kettlebell class helps work some of that out.

:( Sorry to here about them doms, but I think the kettlebell class should help, so here's hoping *holding thumbs*.

Have a great weekend, hope the snow melts.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

[emoji20] Sorry to here about them doms, but I think the kettlebell class should help, so here's hoping *holding thumbs*.
Have a great weekend, hope the snow melts.
Kettlebells did help the DOMS! It was a pretty good class - I upped the weights a bit, and didn't have trouble keeping up. My right elbow was bothering me though... Sadly I think it's actually from colouring! I pulled out my adult coloring book this week, and unfortunately I think that is not going to be a thing :/

I have still been having trouble with eating too much in the evenings though... I also feel like I'm watching too much tv lately, and maybe there's a link there. Now that it's (slowly, reluctantly and with frequent backtracking) getting nicer out, I'm thinking I need to spend more time outside in the evenings to counteract both things.

And I think a tv limiting goal is going to have to happen.
  • Like 2

Level 20

Okay so I've been thinking about how to make this battle log format work for me - I need to find the right balance between structure and flexibility. The reason I came here was because I feel like the 4 week challenges are too structured for me during the summer months, but on the other hand I'm worried that what I have going on right now is not enough.

So! Solution: take things one week at a time. I know what I'm working towards long term, and one week goals will let me adapt to my ever shifting schedule.

I'm officially declaring this week one of my 12 week challenge.

Week One Goals (April 15-21)

Keto:

a. 100% tracking. This means weighing, calculating recipes, measuring. I've gotten way off track and I need to go back to strictness for a bit.

b. Less than 20g of carbs per day. Just do it.

Kettlebells:

3x classes.

Disc golf:

a. 2x field work sessions (it's still too snowy to play, but I can find some bare ground and work on technique)

b. 3x putting practice

Business:

Take pics of shirts for website.

Create proofs for Spring Fling shirts and post

Price new tent and 2nd mannequin

Get caught up on entering expenses

• Like 3

Level 20

Week One Day One (April 15)

Keto: Tracked everything and came in under 20g carbs.

KBs: rest day

Disc golf: Fieldwork! Trying to ease into it - my arm is sore today anyways from not playing all winter :/ I just need to be consistent, so I'm ready for the first tourney -which I realized yet is in THREE weeks! So excited. So nervous.

But the fieldwork went well - my lines were good, and my putting was acceptable.

Business: talked to hubs about what needs doing... But didn't actually do anything. Lol

Kettlebells tonight!

• Like 2

Level 20

Week One Day Two:

Keto: Good to go here -everything tracked and under 20g of carbs.

I'm trying to get back into OMAD; I had an awesome dinner of asparagus/lemon/feta cauli rice, baked salmon with spinach and artichoke cream sauce, and Caesar salad.

Kettlebells: I went. It was not great. Possibly because I was fasted? But I did a fasted workout last week and it was fine. Partly my shoulder was bugging me, and we were doing a lot of overhead stuff and it was not amenable to that. But my energy levels sucked too.

I also had a rollicking headache by the time I got home... I made dinner, cleaned up and went to bed just after 8. Slept for 9.5hrs, and woke up with the same headache! Actually, it is less intense. But in the same place. Bah! I'm not prone to headaches, so this is throwing me right off.

Today I'm just going to try to make it through work. That's my goal.

Ooh, and I feel like I should announce this so I can't pretend like it never happened... But I'm trying to cut back on the scale. It's all fine and well when it's telling me what I want to hear! But lately that hasn't been the case, and it affects my mood too much. I'm going to try going for weekly weigh ins instead. Well, probably Sunday and Monday, because I have different reporting tools going on that land on those days.

It was hard this morning - I felt less bloated so I imagined I would like what it said! But I hate the hold it has over me. I just want to concentrate on the things I can directly control.

• Like 3

Level 20

On 4/15/2018 at 5:29 PM, Fonzico said:

So! Solution: take things one week at a time. I know what I'm working towards long term, and one week goals will let me adapt to my ever shifting schedule.

That is so clever!

Sorry to hear about the headache, maybe you were just too much of everything? Too tired, too fasted, too little food for the energy your body needed to use? Glad you could get in some decent hours sleep.

I'm also not friends with my scale at the moment. It winks friendly light reflections at me, but as soon as I get on it I can only scowl, so I'm staying off it, except for Sundays when I take my measurements.

• Like 1

Week One Day Three:

Keto: totally binged last night. I just couldn't turn it off :/

That stupid headache persisted for most of the day, and while I achieved my goal of making it through work, I was so worn out by the time I got home, it was like zero willpower left.

I tracked every depressing bite though, so partial points for that. Carbs were still under 30g, but calories were astronomically over target.

Kettlebells: rest day

Disc golf: Nada

Business: Nada

Yeaaaah, it was that kind of day.

Anyways, I'm feeling much better today, and it's just one day - turning this around. I have kettlebells tonight, and I will not be doing a fasted workout. I think I was hoping things could go right back to the routine I was in before Mexico, but I need to ease back into things.

I'll try having lunch and dinner today, and then maybe just dinner tomorrow, and see how that goes.

• Like 1

Level 20

Week One Day Four:

Keto: Everything tracked, but not under 20g. More like 30. Calories not as high as Wednesday, but not where they need to be either. Ah well, going in the right direction.

Kettlebells: Yes! And this went 1000x better than Monday. I felt strong, I mostly kept up and felt energized afterwards. Yay!

Business: proofs for the shirts have been made, and got the approval from the tournament director last night. Will post publically on FB tonight! I like it - it's technically a women's event, but there are men playing in ours, and I think we struck a good balance in the design.

Tonight, it should be decent out, and it's continuing to melt, so some fieldwork is in order. I'm starting to panic a bit at how soon the first tournament is! But I'm really excited - it's a gorgeous course and I adore the other women who have signed up so far, so I know we're going to have a good time.

And I get to see my baby brother! We see him every couple-few weeks in the summer due to disc golf and camping trips, but he didn't come home this year for Thanksgiving or Christmas or Easter and I don't think I've seen him since August last year! I miss that kid.. (who is really not a kid - he'll be 29 in a couple weeks! Ack! My parents are legit freaking out that their baby is almost 30, it's kind of funny)

Anyways. If you can't tell, I'm beyond excited for the summer :D691b31e6b418fe330d2b92b8781d7740.jpg3a9109ac981d54dbf540480951e667a5.jpg

• Like 4

Level 20

Week One Day Five:

Keto: Getting better. I was still a touch over on carbs, but calories were more reasonable and everything is tracked.

Kettlebells: rest day

Disc golf: Fieldwork! I actually think this was really productive! I'm lucky my hubby is such a good coach :D I was getting frustrated because I knew I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't seem to correct it, so he gave me some drills to do to work on it.

It's funny, because early in our relationship, I couldn't handle being coached by him. I would get defensive and emotional, even though it's like the definition of constructive criticism. I'm actually pretty proud of how far I've come in being able to accept criticism in general.

But yeah! I got a much better feel for where I'm going wrong, and while I know I need to keep drilling until it becomes muscle memory, I'm much more optimistic. And he assures me that once I incorporate it all into my throw, I'll be getting an extra 50-100 ft on my drive... Which I desperately hope is true!

• Like 3

Level 20

On 4/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, Fonzico said:

And I get to see my baby brother! We see him every couple-few weeks in the summer due to disc golf and camping trips, but he didn't come home this year for Thanksgiving or Christmas or Easter and I don't think I've seen him since August last year! I miss that kid.. (who is really not a kid - he'll be 29 in a couple weeks! Ack! My parents are legit freaking out that their baby is almost 30, it's kind of funny)

If your baby brother is nearly 30, then you are more than 30? I'm shocked! Truly I thought you were in your 20's! Hope you had a good time with your brother/family.

6 hours ago, Fonzico said:

It's funny, because early in our relationship, I couldn't handle being coached by him. I would get defensive and emotional, even though it's like the definition of constructive criticism. I'm actually pretty proud of how far I've come in being able to accept criticism in general.

I need to work on this. That is a huge step if you can handle constructive criticism, or advice so well.

I like that light blue t-shirt especially with the spring motive.

• Like 1

If your baby brother is nearly 30, then you are more than 30? I'm shocked! Truly I thought you were in your 20's! Hope you had a good time with your brother/family.

*blushes* I'm turning 32 this year! But thanks!
  • Like 1

Level 20

Week One Day Six:

Fail on absolutely all counts. Incomplete tracking... Because I ate EVERYTHING.

Skipped kettlebells - I actually don't feel too bad about this, my body was begging for a real rest day.

Did nothing in the evening.

It's okay though - today is already a better day. I'm in a good mood, and am getting stuff done around the house. I already went out for some disc golf practice and an easy 9 holes. I did our taxes last weekend, but didn't actually file them - I like to sleep on it for a bit in case I missed something. But anyways, got those filed this morning!

Now it's time to clean, and tackle laundry mountain!

It'll feel so good to get caught back up in the domestic rangering thing. And if I get enough done today, then tomorrow I can either work on stuff for the business, or tackle another purging project. The gym area downstairs is a hot mess, so I might aim for that.

• Like 3

Level 20

It's been too long since I dropped by. Sorry, I tend to forget about the battle logs. I love those t-shirts. Yay, that the weather is nice enough you get to do disc golf. I feel your parent's pain as their son turns 30, my son will be 27 and I'm like how did I get old enough to have someone that age?

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

It's been too long since I dropped by. Sorry, I tend to forget about the battle logs. I love those t-shirts. Yay, that the weather is nice enough you get to do disc golf. I feel your parent's pain as their son turns 30, my son will be 27 and I'm like how did I get old enough to have someone that age?

No worries, I knew that was a risk when I moved to the battlelogs!

Disc golf currently involved rubber boots! There's some snow and lots of water. But I'm very glad it's playable! I'm still not feeling ready for the first tournament...

Ooh, but I bought a new bag! It's actually not the one I want, so I'll probably give it to my hubby, but I got a ridiculously good deal on it (like almost 40% off... And good disc golf backpacks are super expensive, so it made a huge difference ).

It'll tide me over until I get the one I want... It will be a lot easier on my back than what I'm currently using, and it has much more storage.

I was looking for the purple one, but ended up with red:

prodigy-pro-bp-1-lilac.jpg?format=1000w

But this is the bag I really want:

L64-BAG-LUX-E3-BACKPACK-PURPLE-BLK-IMG-01.jpg

• Like 2

Level 20

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

For some or other reason I keep asking myself whether I'm really in my 40s, because I don't feel it, especially when I listen to other ladies my age complain about back pain and stiffness, and struggling to get out of bed in the mornings because their stiff. I've stopped telling them to start exercising because that's not what they want to hear. The other thing that is hitting me hard at the moment is that Brandt is turning 50 in July! It is as if it is a marker or something (not negatively).

7 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I was looking for the purple one, but ended up with red:

Woot! Woot! for new bag for at this moment. It might not be the specific one you wanted but is an improvement and another step up on the ladder to more awesomeness. So you like purple? ;)

• Like 1

Woot! Woot! for new bag for at this moment. It might not be the specific one you wanted but is an improvement and another step up on the ladder to more awesomeness. So you like purple? [emoji6]
I may be slightly obsessed with purple... My phone case is purple, my water bottle is purple, my toenails are purple! Lol
The other colors just don't do it for me in the same way!
  • Haha 1

Level 20

Week One Day Seven:

Keto: full points here

Domestic rangering was very successful - laundry mountain is now laundry molehill... And I even put it away! Bathroom is spotless, and the kitchen... Well, the kitchen is halfway clean.

Week One Recap:

Keto:
I tracked 6/7 days.
I only came in under 20g of carbs on 3/7 days though.
The days I was over were still under 30 grams except for Friday, which is good, but going over in carbs usually also means going over in calories. I need to dial this in if I want to keep making progress.

Kettlebells: 2/3 classes attended. It's getting to be that time of year where I need to acknowledge that 2 classes a week is realistic... I'm okay with it.

Disc golf:
2/2 field work sessions done
1/3 putting practice
Getting there.

Business stuff:
Proofs done
Priced new tent.

Still need to get caught up on bookkeeping and look into a new mannequin.. and take pics. All will be moved on to next week's goals.

• Like 2

Level 20

Week Two Goals (April 22-28)

Keto:
a. 100% tracking.

b. Less than 20g of carbs per day. Just do it.

Kettlebells:
2x classes.

Biking:
2x rides. Of any length, I just need to get out there!

Disc golf:
3x field work
3x practice rounds

Business:
Take pics of shirts for website.
Post Spring fling shirts
Price 2nd mannequin
Get caught up on entering expense
Order Spring fling shirts etc

Pretty similar to last week, but with adjustments. I like this week at a time business so far!

• Like 2

Level 20

Week Two Day One:

Keto: tracked everything, but was over in carbs. And calories. Sigh.

I've pre-tracked everything for today, it's a great plan, full of delicious food, and I'm sticking to it, dammit! This habit of eating when I'm not hungry it's awful and I'm going to break it.

Kettlebells: Rest Day

Disc Golf: putting practice and a practice round. Neither went very well... But it was super windy, so let's blame that.

Business: posted the shirt proofs on Facebook and ordered the shirts for the event. Along with samples for the league shirts we're making... And about a billion hats. It was expensive! We need to sell a decent amount at the tourneys in May if this is going to pay off.

Also managed to find a new top for our canopy instead of buying a whole new one, plus mesh sides for it, and weights to keep it from flying away. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Bonus goal for the day: only TV will be watching pro disc golf during dinner. I will find another way to occupy myself after that. Working out does not mean I'm entitled to lie around for the rest of the evening (and snack, as that's how it usually goes)

• Like 2

Level 20

On 4/22/2018 at 4:28 PM, Fonzico said:

I may be slightly obsessed with purple... My phone case is purple, my water bottle is purple, my toenails are purple! Lol
The other colors just don't do it for me in the same way!

Shows the royal side to you ;)

• Like 1