• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I have been on the level 3 gym workouts for a while and I thought things were going really well, so I decided to tackle the boss battle. Kneeling pushups? Psh… I did 20 real pushups. 30-pound goblet squats? C'mon, man, I did 20 at 45 pounds! Assisted chin-ups? OK, that's a little more challenging but I managed to hit 10.

And then I got to the bar hang. I couldn't last more than 20 seconds and that was my downfall. At first, I thought it was because the bar I was on didn't have any cushioning and my gloves were kind of bunching up. So, I moved to a different bar where I could also see a clock. Nope… my grip simply wouldn't last. Lesson learned! So, now I'm focusing more on my pull-ups and farmer's carry for the next few weeks so when I do charge back in to challenge the boss again, I will kill the bar hang just like I did the rest of the exercises.

• Like 5

Farmer's carries are the jam. Also, think about whether you're "over-gripping" the bar and where your shoulders are relative to your ears. This might help a bit. Or try hanging with the toe of one shoe behind you on a chair for a little assist to get longer times and play with grip and posture.

I love Farer's carries. Also for the other exercises, have you taken a video of yourself? Videos give yoyu a good idea on what your form looks like. And  for everything you think is easy, slow it down and take twice the amount of time.

I finally defeated this boss. I realized that the problem was the "bar" I was hanging on, which was a pull up station's handles. The grips on the handles were slipping so my hands were rotating so I was hanging by my fingers rather than with my grip over the top so I was leveraging my forearms. So, now I'm consistently doing 30s bar hangs on the Level 4 Gym workouts and preparing to tackle the next boss.