• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LovelyBouncer

Bouncer Attempts on Daily Battle with Self

Hey all! A week late but had a desire to do a challenge. 

Kind of went MIA when stuff wasn't quite working for this site and me. Personal issues, that ended up leading me to depression in quite a dark place. Bright side I'm working on it, but everyday stuff is still hard even though I can plan 6 months ahead of myself. 

I'm hoping this challenge shows some daily light to where the conflict is coming from underneath everything. Along with wrapping my head around, having a schedule doesn't make things boring it just adds a little control. 

Bright side- I'm still trying to continue on! I have professional supports, have things to laugh at/with daily, even with my troubles with my projects I still want to work in the field outdoors. 

Goals: 

Sunrise walking- filling a mental, physical and spiritual need to get to close to nature. I will figure out the minimum but being outside for at least 30 mins with the sun up will help. (Sunrise is around 7 at the moment... I haven't decided yet but throwing on clothes and going on a walk between 7-9 am is my goal)

Some Structure- I'm needing some structure in my slightly chaotic life. My goal is to plan out my day on my google calendar by my hope to do what for many hours. From checking when my appointments are, eating, and getting myself to the library. 

Goals- will make at least 1 goal to follow through daily (however small or big, something to move forward with my life)

Enough structure to help fend off depression and cope with my anxiety. While also observing what my daily battles are lie for my goals. 

Side goal- get my social connections/ support links on here. My depression has been very good on cutting myself off, but I love the atmosphere and over 2 years I'm still coming back. 

• Like 2

Welcome back! I love the daily goal thing, one goal a day isn't too overwhelming and yet helpful, and you can adjust it to how you feel that day. I know how it can be, sometimes even the smallest of things can feel like a major obstacle so achieving something small is great too!

Good luck with your goals and I hope you'll feel better soon so adding structure will be a lot easier. :)

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 2:49 AM, Inazea said:

Welcome back! I love the daily goal thing, one goal a day isn't too overwhelming and yet helpful, and you can adjust it to how you feel that day. I know how it can be, sometimes even the smallest of things can feel like a major obstacle so achieving something small is great too!

Good luck with your goals and I hope you'll feel better soon so adding structure will be a lot easier. :)

Thanks for the welcome back and encouragement, helped to remind myself on my actual goals. 

The daily goals I found interesting on how quickly I could overwhelm myself, but many days gave myself permission to blow off homework some days to get other things done.

Not surprisingly I'm still staring down homework. However, I did get some cleaning done at home or smaller things that needed to be finished. Noticing where I need to start working though. 

So hoping to focus on homework goals this week, narrowing it down a little. 

Having a goal to do focus on, and knowing i could game afterwards or have netflix time was a bit encouraging most days. 

The morning walks... I think I walk 1 out of 7 days... A little harder then I thought it was going to be. I need to keep an outfit to wear in the morning to throw on and then make it easier to get ready for the day. Something I am resistant against, and a bit surprised by how quickly I became tired afterwards with little effort. 

Other goal this week, is to post daily if I did or not do walking. Along with my daily goal. 

Monday-

No I didn't walk today.... I was a bit anxious about an interview I had right away this morning (hoping to get an outdoor park job). Ironically walking would have probably helped. 

Goal for today. 300 words to any of my writing assignments (I have 3 I need to do, 300 words will get around a bit). 

Was able to achieve my Monday goal! Whoot! It had taken me till 11 at night, but I was able to get through write more than 100 words without a panic attack! I hadn't been able to do that for at least 2 months! An epic feeling, that made the homework fun! Looking forward to my goals for today. 

Tuesday - I walked this morning! I'm giving it to myself even though it was an hour after my goal time. However, we are in a snow storm warning. So getting myself outside with extra layers and in the snow. I'm giving it to myself. 

My homework goal is again 300 words, no classes today. 

Found I like making a writing nest with an area of bean bags that my school library has. 

So getting back on it!

Walked this morning, even when it got bitter cold after our April snow storm. 

Figuring out a goal has been a bit difficult. I was able to get paper work done, meet up with someone to help with one of the projects. Along with some needed positive enforcement on doing well, such as being in a group where the professor goes "looks like you got this". Will still be a galloping April, but looking left and right has been helping. 

So still working on taking it easy on myself and moving forward. 

I did my walk this morning, and was able to get to everything scheduled Long day. Faster I got, the faster time goes. Dead tired from this last week, but still positive about moving forward.

Goal today is to write a script out for a group project program that is getting to be practiced tonight. 

Other stuff - I have my summer job figured out. Will be starting after the semester ends, and have some clothing items to buy. Steel-toed shoes... Never owned a pair before.