Adjustable Dumbbells?

I guess I wouldn’t drop that kind of cash unless I knew I needed them. There are different NF programs, it depends on what you want to do. That being said, having a set of dumbbells at home are super handy for getting a quick workout in.

You’ll want a pair.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Gotta get a pair if you pull the trigger for DBs :barbershop_quartet_ I'm not a huge fan of the adjustables because they can feel a bit awkward in some positions, but they really are great for a space saving option! Do you have any buy/sell/trade sites you can check out? Craigslist sorta stuff? People are always getting rid of workout stuff, if you keep an eye out you might get lucky on some less expensive options! 

I’ve been keeping an eye on Craigslist for sure. I guess the biggest thing I gotta figure out is home much $ to spend. I’m leaning towards just buying a pair for the weight I’m at right now. As I get stronger I’ll go buy another pair that would spread the cost out but be more in the end. Hmm....with the level I’m at right now only dumbbell things I’m doing are rows. 

I had a roommate who had a pair. They were great and useful in a small space I'm not dropping cash on a set as I'm more into sandbags, big rocks and kettle bells. I will not endorse adjustable kettebells except the sandbag ones which are a bit different from either sandbags or kettlebells

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I decided to go with the straight up hex dumbbells that have set weight. The store near me sell them for $1 a pound which doesn't seem terrible. I think they look nice. I am going to buy them as I need them. The only dumbbell thing im doing right now is rows so I just got 1 40lb for now. Got my wife a couple 5lbs, and 10lbs. So, I thinking building the collection slow over time will be good, and end up with a great set at the end.

• Like 1

I have the Powerblock U70 set and they are great.  Yes, they were fairly expensive (I think about $250-$300 for the set) but my wife and I are very happy with them.  She does the Fitness Blender programs and I've used them in the past for P90x... both of which require quick weight changes.  Got tired of repeatedly screwing and unscrewing barbells on and off with every different workout.