I'm a professional calligrapher and artist, but it's always been traditional mind you. And there are not that many calls for traditional artists anymore, unless they make fame on social media. My work also has completely stopped this year and many of my friends who have been doing this work for years, have had the same problem as well. Most of them have turned to digital designing to put food on the table though. Now, I don't need this work to survive. My husband makes enough to provide. But I'm not satisfied with just staying at home and being a mother. I really want to work and sell my artwork!

Justin (my husband) surprised me with a Intuos tablet and I have to say that I am enjoying it! I use Krita to drawing and paint because I can't afford to pay for photoshop yet. But the program is becoming my favorite due to the big support from other artists. And they offer custom brushes free to download so it makes it easier for me to customize everything to my liking. 

My problem right now is, what should I do for digital art? I'm still learning but I want to do something that brings in money, even it is small. My plan was to make some cute designs to sell on Red Bubble but that's all I can think of....

Could you try selling on Etsy? I am sure all these niches are over-saturated but it is worth a shot. I looked at RedBubble and it seems you just create a design and they put it on stuff. Etsy you have a little more control but I don't know how good it is for selling things because I never sold anything from there. But I also wasn't trying super hard with marketing. 

You should try doing something cute that uses your calligraphy still.

- Baby birth stat things.. with their name, weight, birthday, length, etc. 

- Something wedding related... invitations, place holder cards, cake toppers (if you get a laser engraver/laser cutter). 

- A thing people sign at events.. like a guest book... but instead something with person/couples name and date (wedding,birthday,etc) with a favourite quote and they have the guests sign that?

- Homemade ornaments where you write their name in calligraphy and a date. (my friend loves getting ornaments for her kids every year with their names and dates)

- Cute inspirational quotes

- Journal with calligraphy fronts and random quotes through out

- wood signs with fancy writing

- maybe you could make stencils for fancy wood signs for people who are not artistic lol

- find a way to make cheap stamps of "buzz words" people like for scrap booking using your calligraphy

- vinyl wall decal things of sayings?

As for online I am not sure.

- make your calligraphy styles into fonts and maybe you could sell that.

- Posters

- random cute designs that you can put on coasters/pillows/shirts

- make downloadable things you can sell on etsy 

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}