Just broke out my skinny jeans today! I'm back down to the size I was when I fell off the wagon last year after a death in the family and loads of stress, and getting here this time has been much easier and more fun with NF. I still have a long way to go toward my long-term goal, but this victory feels awesome.

Plus I tried on a dress today and didn't hate it. I have hated myself in dresses for decades. I didn't buy it because I didn't LOVE it. Still, I feel like it was real progress!

• Like 2

Challenges: 123

1 minute ago, Big Al. said:

What has your experience been like with intermittent fasting? Would you say that eating the same number of calories in an 8 hour window is better or weight loss than eating the same amount of calories in a 16 hour window?

In my own experience, it is very difficult for me to eat the same number of calories in an 8 hour window as I would in a 16 hour window. I think one of the things that IF has done for me is to "reset" my appetite and how much food I need to feel sated. I am less hungry over a 24 hour period eating in a smaller window than when I eat in a larger one. It has also helped my wake/sleep cycle, and I don't wake up in the night anymore. I'm now 35 pounds down. Weight loss has stalled somewhat with strength training, but I'm still losing inches.

21 minutes ago, Big Al. said:

Very good! Good to hear that this system is working for you, thanks for sharing. Did you adjust to it well at first or did it take some time to get adjusted to this sort of lifestyle

You're welcome. The hardest part for me was kicking refined sugar. Once I stuck through those cravings and didn't cave, appetite and the new eating schedule fell into line pretty easily. That was about a two week adjustment period. I also give myself a couple of days per week where I don't IF because I've read that the female body responds to it a bit differently than the male body and that being too rigid with it can cause hormone disruptions. Those two days can vary depending upon how hard I've exercised or how I feel. If I find myself really hungry, then I eat more. If I don't, I don't. In my experience with it so far, the value beyond just the weight loss has been that it has truly reset my relationship with food and the sensations of hunger and satiety. I know the difference between hungry and just peckish now. I don't typically snack anymore, except on the really hungry days, and my food choices are better.

• Like 1

Your doing great! Intermittent fasting has been the key for me also in being successful with the weight loss. I am doing 16/8 most of the time now. I started just 5 days a week up to everyday now except for the occasional slip up. I always feel better on the fast, its like hours 13-16 I can like feel the fat being burned off lol.

yay! your success motivates me :)

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

On 12/4/2018 at 2:53 PM, ladyofthebog said:

yay! your success motivates me :)

Hi, thank you! things have slowed down a bit. Still doing well though, down 26lbs. I promised one of the NF staff i'd send a photo once I lost 30lbs, almost there. Still a long way to go, and trying to be set up mentally to keep these changes permanent. Many, many mistakes, errors, and bad judgement a long the way but, were all human so thats ok. Started at 281lbs, now at 255lbs, goal being 200ish area lol.