Lost 11 Pounds in a little more than one month!

Guest TylerG

Congratulations, that is excellent progress to make in just one month. 

It is important to not solely focus on how you look, as how you feel is probably more important than your appearance. Based on your post, it sounds as if you are much happier with yourself and your progress. It is important to stay focused on that feeling in order to achieve your fitness goals.

I would suggest that you find someone or a group that will help keep you motivated, accountable, and provide the encouragement you need to keep moving forward. This will help you to keep pushing yourself to do better while making this a lifestyle change versus a one-time process.

Best of luck!

ooh good job!!

• Thanks 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

On 4/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, TylerG said:

Congratulations, that is excellent progress to make in just one month. 

It is important to not solely focus on how you look, as how you feel is probably more important than your appearance. Based on your post, it sounds as if you are much happier with yourself and your progress. It is important to stay focused on that feeling in order to achieve your fitness goals.

I would suggest that you find someone or a group that will help keep you motivated, accountable, and provide the encouragement you need to keep moving forward. This will help you to keep pushing yourself to do better while making this a lifestyle change versus a one-time process.

Best of luck!

To tell you the truth, I attempted so many times in my life to find someone to motivate me. However, no one would like to. I don't know in NF. However I finally gave up attemping to find someone who can motivate me and now I am doing it myself. I hope I didn't offend anyone against the bold text. If you would like to talk more about it, please send a message.

Thanks yet no to attempting to find someone and thanks for the congrats.

Call me DJ, for short.

Awesome!!!  Way to go!  So very happy for you!  One thing that I do when working on weight loss is to take some body measurements - Chest, waist, hips, thighs are good points, then track how many inches I lose as I go.  It helps to realize that I didn't just lose X lbs, but I've also reduced my body size by X inches which can be pretty satisfying as well.  Just an idea that might help keep you focused.  Plus the fun of trying on clothes and finding they are getting too big :)  Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% physical activity, and it takes a ton of work in the kitchen to do food prep so one isn't tempted to do the fast food route because it's easier.  

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Awesome!!!  Way to go!  So very happy for you!  One thing that I do when working on weight loss is to take some body measurements - Chest, waist, hips, thighs are good points, then track how many inches I lose as I go.  It helps to realize that I didn't just lose X lbs, but I've also reduced my body size by X inches which can be pretty satisfying as well.  Just an idea that might help keep you focused.  Plus the fun of trying on clothes and finding they are getting too big :)  Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% physical activity, and it takes a ton of work in the kitchen to do food prep so one isn't tempted to do the fast food route because it's easier.  

I didn't do that this month. I have to do it next month, in addition to look at my weight. I don't see much when I looked in the mirror. I don't know. I have been stressing out this month because personal issues. I have been trying to keeping out of stuff that are in the fast food stuff (Paleo that is). It was hard this month.

I have been motivating myself, however it's hard to do it myself . Although, it's also hard to find someone or group to find to keep me motivate with this. :/

Call me DJ, for short.

I know it's hard to do, but try not to get too caught up in numbers.  Focus on making small changes in your lifestyle, maybe cut out a specific food or drink and take it a step at a time.  You're working on the long term goal which is to live a healthier lifestyle and that isn't driven by losing X lbs.  So often I think we get caught up in "if I just lose X amount, I'll be happier, more attractive or whatever" which is really not that effective for long term sustainment.  It's hard to look in the mirror and notice change, so often our view of ourselves is impacted by other factors.  Think about your clothes fitting differently, or being able to bend more, do more climb stairs, walk farther than you used to...all of those things are what really matter.  Your weight is just a number.  People can be unhealthy at any weight, or they can be healthy at any weight.  Start from where you are today, and pick one or two things you want to change.  Lots of info out there about improving nutrition.   if you have a bad day, focus on not allowing it to become a bad week and bad month.  Start again tomorrow.  It's a journey.  You got this! 

• Thanks 1