The Holocron of Darth Oramac

Hey everyone.  After nearly a year long hiatus, I'm back.  As I haven't really been able to get into the Challenges so much, and I don't really have time to post at work, I'm going to shift over to a Battle Log here.  Most likely I won't be posting every day, but I'll post as often as I can.  Maybe a few bullet points to fill you all in on what happened over the last year or so. 

- I got a new job last May.  That was cool.  But it's also why I can't really post much anymore.  Also, I might be looking for a new job now, again.  

- I bought a motorcycle!  2015 Honda CB500F.  It's fun.  

- I broke my thumb on said motorcycle last November.  Didn't lift at all until about two months ago when I finally got the ok from the Doc.  The bike is fine.  

- I'm (almost) back to my pre-broken-thumb deadlift weight.  Other lifts are catching up slower. 

- I'm going to see a doctor again because my foot is bothering me.  /sigh. 

Well, that pretty much does it.  I'm here.  Life is........ok-ish.  Fingers crossed it gets better.  On that note, I'll post today's workout!

Everything is working sets after warmup

Deads: 2x2    315

Front Squat: 1x5  115

Face Pulls: 3x10    35

Abductor/Adductor:  3x10  105

Split Squats: 2x10  bodyweight

Foam rolling.

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

"Holocron hmm?      I've been searching the galaxy for more of these things...    could come in useful.    I'll just click this here and ... see what it has to say!  Light side... dark side.   Never was for that whole two sides bit..."

stilling_the_turbulent_mind_by_lilwolfe0

Good to see you here Oramac!    I will be following along as if you were the master and I were the apprentice!

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

On 4/9/2018 at 8:06 PM, Starpuck said:

Good to see you here Oramac!    I will be following along as if you were the master and I were the apprentice!

Welcome!!  It's good to be back!  

==============================

So an update.  Because updates are fun.  

I haven't been to the gym since Monday.  My left foot has been bothering me something fierce, and it seems to finally be going away.  Near as I can tell, it was an aggravated case of Plantar Fasciitis (or w/e the fuck it's called).  I'm worried that my Vibrams might be causing it, though that seems far fetched since I've been wearing them for 5+ years.  More likely, I think, is that the vibration through the foot pegs on the bike might be causing it.  THAT would really suck.  Like, really, really, suck.  Time will tell. 

In other news, I'm still employed!!  Yay!  I had a pretty major scare/wake up call last Friday, and all this week I was so sure I was going to be fired any second.  See, I managed to royally fuck up two big jobs, to the tune of a few thousand dollars of loss. Short version, the training officer came in on Monday and today and I'm sure he was evaluating me.  It was bad enough I updated my resume, set up a new Monster.com profile, and started quietly talking to friends in the area that might have jobs available. So hopes and prayers for Oramac's job prospects would be appreciated, whether keeping the one I have, or quickly finding a good new one. 

In good news, I get to play a game of D&D with @Starpuck, @DarK_RaideR, @Jarric, and @Tanktimus the Encourager tomorrow!!  WOOT!!  I'm super excited about this.  I'm playing Carric Nailo.  Can't say too much here yet.  Don't want to give away my backstory!! (even though they probably already know it)

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I kind of hope you find a new job anyway. To my knowledge you don't care for your current job (Or was that the old one, in which case I hope you get what you want).

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I kind of hope you find a new job anyway. To my knowledge you don't care for your current job (Or was that the old one, in which case I hope you get what you want).

Thanks!  I hated my last job.  This one I actually kinda like.  But I certainly would be more than open to a new job.  

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Cool. Is Starpuck DMing? How are y’all “meeting “ up?

Yup!!  She is indeed.  We're using Discord and maybe possibly attempting to use Roll20 if Puck decides to try it. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Welcome back to logging here man. Fingers crossed for good job offers!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Hey Nerds!!  So, ummmmmmmmmm, yea.  I'm shocklingly bad at updating shit, it seems.  But hey, better late than never, right?

Anyway, a couple cool things to tell y'all.  

First, I think about a week-ish ago, I pulled a new PR for deads!!!  365 pounds for one rep!  I felt super awesome after 315 and decided to go for it.  MAYBE could have gotten a second rep, but I didn't want to risk it.  

Also, as of today, I am officially signed up for my first Strongman comp!!  It's not technically official, but it's being run by two champion Strongman competitors at my gym.  There's four events for my weight class: Log Clean & Press at 180 lbs, Jeep Tire Deadlifts at ?? lbs, Keg Over Bar at 200 lbs, and Hero Carry at ?? lbs.  Hero Carry is actually called something else, but I can't remember, and it's basically the same thing anyway.  My weight class is 185-220 pounds, which actually works really well.  I weighed in this morning at 213.9 pounds, so I'm doing all right.  

I will say, the Log Clean & Press is going to fucking SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.  180 pounds for that is double what I normally press, and it's with a 12 inch diameter log bar.  I have 2 months or so until the comp.  My goal is to get one rep with the damn log.  

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™