Hello all,

Im an overweight 48 year old married male. My hobbies are photography ,woodworking and camping. As of now Im 5'9 and 200 lbs. My goals are to get down to 165ish or gain muscle weight not fat weight. I should say lose the fat belly. I would like to gain more muscle, eat better and be able to become more active. Im border line diabetic so want to get that in check also. My wife is going to do this with me. we may join the academy. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Hope to gain some friends here. 

• Like 1
On 4/17/2018 at 10:57 PM, BrianDean said:

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Might I suggest two things to you. Start with small weekly goals and not with monthly or end result goals so you can keep yourself motivated. Knocking out one small puzzle piece at a time will make up the big picture in the end. This forum taught me that.

Creatine supplementation is great for beginners before a weightlifting session. Whey protein <30 minutes after is good too. I did that in college. There are no unpleasant side effects but whey mixed in water does not taste good. 

On 4/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, BrianDean said:

Hello all,

Im an overweight 48 year old married male. My hobbies are photography ,woodworking and camping. As of now Im 5'9 and 200 lbs. My goals are to get down to 165ish or gain muscle weight not fat weight. I should say lose the fat belly. I would like to gain more muscle, eat better and be able to become more active. Im border line diabetic so want to get that in check also. My wife is going to do this with me. we may join the academy. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Hope to gain some friends here. 

Hi,

Are you making progress on your goals?