• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar channels the lizard king [hiss&fist]

I've been racking my brain for a challenge theme but I've got nothin' except LIZARDS.  Specifically mine.

I mean, all lizards are cool tho'.

giphy.webp

They are v. happy and bring a heckin' JOY to the world!!!!!!

tenor.gif

And also quite STRONK AND FIERCE >:[[[[[

mzKitsj.gif

I also play a big ol' lizard in FFXIV - YOU KNOW, THAT GAME I OFTEN HONK ABOUT - here is his current look of rocking a springtime festival skirt and WIELDING AN ENORMOUS AXE 'cause he's quite fabulous and that's how we do.

1p2u99cl.png

U3vrW3vl.png

8nvDlRvl.png

Full of MAJESTY I TELL YA'~

A - ny - way.  Oh yeah.  My challenge.

My last challenge was all about staying afloat, and I'm really proud of myself 'cause I nailed it.  I'm managing my stress and my emotions better, and because of that I've been able to slowly get back into a workout routine without burning myself out, which in turn helps me manage my stress and emotions better, etc.!  (A good cycle~)  Work is still a big question mark right now; I've quietly put that on the backburner for now as not to overload myself and send myself spiraling back to square one - one thing at a time.  We've still got a fair bit going on with putting the house on the market next month, but I've powered through a lot and things seem to be much more manageable than they were.

This challenge I actually have some ACTUAL TRACKABLE GOALS instead of me just babbling about Twitch streaming and dragging myself out of bed in the morning WHOA WAIT SHUT THE FRONT DOOR I know, right?

Look out, here they are:

1. Gym.  GO.
At least twice a week.  Possibly more depending on day-to-day fatigue and soreness levels.  DON'T PUSH YOURSELF.  But don't die either, v. important.  Getting back into a routine slowly but surely first is crucial.

2. Log What You Lift
I haven't been doing this for... uh, quite some time, and I think it's about time I slowly start re-tracking my gains.  In a way I feel like I've circled back around to the start of my lifting days which is kinda cool because I've got my enthusiasm back, but kinda also like HEY I'VE BEEN HERE.  At least I know what I'm doing now, yeah?  Right now while I'm eyeing two workout days I'll split them into legs & general upper body/shoulders/arms, and if I hit three I'll toss a bench/back/row day in there.

3. Talk About Food
Well, I guess, if I HAVE to.  (That's sarcasm.)  I'm not at a point where daily MFP tracking would be viable (to be fair I much prefer eating intuitively right now), but I HAVE found out over the past couple of weeks that posting my meals/snacks in my thread at the start of the week has really kept me on track with eating well and sustaining myself.  So I'm gonna keep doing that!  Somehow seeing it on the screen solidifies all my good choices in my brain. 

I'm startin' in zero week, y'all.  LET'S GOOOOO~~

giphy.gif

• Like 13

YES YES ALL THE LIZARD PICTURES FOR THE LIZARD KING

giphy.gif

Wow huh ok anyways

ZERO WEEK REPORT STARTS N O W

Gym morning #1!  Witness my smol re-noob leg day gains!!

[barbell]

SQ

45x10x3

75x5x5

85x3x5

Good Mornings

45x8x3

Calf Raise

45x15x3

75x10x2

85x10x2

[dumbbells]

One legged RDL

40x8x3

Step-ups (bodyweight only)

10x3 each side

WITNESS.  This tired me out.  Phew.  I've got work to do.

cute-lizard-wants-ice-cream.gif

This week's food and snacks!

Lunch is ground beef with taco mix, kidney beans, brown rice, guac and pico.  Snacks are a fun mix of: More TJ's chicken with swiss cheese!  Pretzel sticks with almond nut butter!  Those amazing refrigerated protein bars that taste like cookie dough! Quinoa I forgot at home whoops!

I never really post a lot about breakfast or dinner 'cause it's always the same things.  Breakfast is a slice of Dave's Killer Bread with nut butter.  Dinner is always either one of the following - chicken sausage, grilled pork chops, steak, or Morningstar chicken nuggets.  We go out ~2 nights a week, usually for salads or maybe a Publix sub or something.  Dinner's usually pretty solid and not very variable, so it helps.  Lunch and snacks are where the most thought - for me - needs to go.

Ok that's all for now friends I'm off to do some actual work at work (what is this madness) and will keep an eye out for what new stuff y'all got up your LIZARD SLEEVES NEXT!  <333

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, shaar said:

Breakfast is a slice of Dave's Killer Bread with nut butter.

!!!! That's what I'm eating right now! (Sorta) The store didn't have the sliced bread so I got the everything bagel. It makes a really yummy lunch with the Morningstar buffalo chicken patty, a slice of cheddar cheese, a bit of spicy cheese on the bagel, and some Awesomesauce. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

i_m_the_lizard_king_by_cchhrriis-d8x0guy

FOLLOWING!!!!

55 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Tackling the goals like

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey Shaar, of course im here to follow along and cheer you forward. And see how amazing you do :) xx

45 minutes ago, Shadri said:

200.gif

HI

I HEART YOU GUYS A WHOLE HECKIN' LOT YOU KNOW THAT YEAH????

DIY-Heart-Antenna-Lizard-Hat.jpg

39 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ve brought my dice.

455837a23700250dd3d79596eac7f35f.jpg

Oh man I need to find this on the internet and read it and wait a sec, didn't @DarK_RaideR post a link to this once??  PAGING THE DUDE THAT CAN FIND EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET help help

We should form an adventuring party and CONFRONT THIS LIZARD

37 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

All hail the Lizard King

Image result for lizard king gif

ALL HAIL \o/

also i just noticed the eyes moved and it spooked me real good YIPES D:

34 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following!

tenor.gif&f=1

<3 <3 <3 <3

6 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

!!!! That's what I'm eating right now! (Sorta) The store didn't have the sliced bread so I got the everything bagel. It makes a really yummy lunch with the Morningstar buffalo chicken patty, a slice of cheddar cheese, a bit of spicy cheese on the bagel, and some Awesomesauce. ^_^

Oh man, our grocery just started carrying it!  We used to eat Udi's but their new recipe is terrible and I hate it so much, so we gave Dave's a try and I'm never going back. *_____*  I like the Power Seed the best, but Cinnamon Raisin is good with butter too.  They have BAGELS?!!?!  That bagel sandwich sounds perfect.......

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Fooding got me like

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...oh wait, this is not a food, nevermind.

o no is not an egg ;_____; do a heckin' EMBARRASS

Lizor is can has food now??

tenor.gif?itemid=5351936

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Didn't we form a party once that may or may not have been adventuring to confront this lizard...? 

• Like 1

This thread makes me want to leave work and go cuddle my sneks.

3 hours ago, shaar said:

FFXIV - YOU KNOW, THAT GAME I OFTEN HONK ABOUT

What is this game of which you speak? You've surely never mentioned it before. <3

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

Didn't we form a party once that may or may not have been adventuring to confront this lizard...? 

Yeah, see the thing is, we did, but then this happened...

giphy.gif

...and then...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...well, let's just say mistakes were made.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

36 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Yeah, see the thing is, we did, but then this happened...

giphy.gif

...and then...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...well, let's just say mistakes were made.

giphy.gif

AHAHAHA OH MAN THIS IS THE BEST THING

Once I get my hands on that book we're gonna LFG for Lizard Confronting ilvl 340 Bard LFM PST

43 minutes ago, Raxie said:

This thread makes me want to leave work and go cuddle my sneks.

What is this game of which you speak? You've surely never mentioned it before. <3

I <3 YOUR SNEKS V MUUCCHHHH

I didn't think I mentioned it like, ever, at all...... :3

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, shaar said:

YES YES ALL THE LIZARD PICTURES FOR THE LIZARD KING

giphy.gif

ALL HAIL THE AZTEC LIZARD KING!

maxresdefault.jpg

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ve brought my dice.

455837a23700250dd3d79596eac7f35f.jpg

15 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh man I need to find this on the internet and read it and wait a sec, didn't @DarK_RaideR post a link to this once??  PAGING THE DUDE THAT CAN FIND EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET help help

I posted the image previously, yes. I can also post a Google Drive-ish link to the actual book or a site where you can purchase it. Better still, you can pick your crew and actually form an adventuring party and CONFRONT THIS LIZARD. @Starpuck made it happen with @Oramac, @Jarric, @Tanktimus the Encourager and yours truly, so why not?

I'M JUST SAYIN'

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Image result #2 for Spoopy Lizard

Image result for spoopy lizard

FRICK HE IS CUTE

What a good spoopy boy all ready for the Halloweenin'

15 hours ago, Stribs said:

source.gif

I'm here!!!

ZOOOOOOOOOM GOTTA GO FAST HI STRIBS :DDDDD

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11221518

This is like elite level dead bug sets here A++++

(also him probably wants to nom some dead bugs too ahahaha )

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

I'M HERE!!!!

ALSO FABULOUS~ ~ ~ ~

10 hours ago, Rinna said:

I’m here.....

giphy.gif

<33333333333333  WE GOT THIS CHALLENGE

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

ALL HAIL THE AZTEC LIZARD KING!

maxresdefault.jpg

I posted the image previously, yes. I can also post a Google Drive-ish link to the actual book or a site where you can purchase it. Better still, you can pick your crew and actually form an adventuring party and CONFRONT THIS LIZARD. @Starpuck made it happen with @Oramac, @Jarric, @Tanktimus the Encourager and yours truly, so why not?

I'M JUST SAYIN'

OH GOD I MUST CONFRONT HIM

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.  And so many ACCUSATIONS.  (First of all, HOW DARE YOU) (I will take over his tomb and make it as my own)

• Like 5

Zero Week

Oh boy I am achy today.  (Good DOMS versus uh-oh sickness inc. tho'...)  Also it is POLLEN SEASON kinda sorta even though it's only 50 degrees and ugh my head hurts and my eyes are gross.  HOORAY SORT-OF SPRING.  (Still kind of waiting for REAL spring to stay around for more than a few days.... I'm wearing long sleeves today.)

gilamonster

Breakfast today was a double protein shake and it was PERFECT.  On mornings I don't go to the gym I'll have this - one scoop of vanilla protein powder, one scoop of chocolate protein powder, a tablespoon of PB, a smidge of cinnamon, and a splash of vanilla extract.  It's amazing and delicious and nets me a good 45-50g-ish of protein in the morning which I DESPERATELY NEED.  It's also not super cost effective so I'm only doing the double scoop now while I have a reserve of protein powder.

I'm kinda in a weird brain place today - sort of ennui, but also sort of restless and irritable? - so I'm gonna turn on some good working music here shortly to pump myself up and get the morning going.  I've been listening to a lot of deadmau5 lately for a pick me up - what do you guys like???

(example:

Oh yeah gotta make some COFFEE TOO ALL HAIL THE HOT BEAN JUICE \o/

• Like 3

Deadmau5 yeahhh. Saw these at a festival, the whole place was bouncing, most were on drugs of some sort, yes me included oooops, and it  was just a lovely mass of pulsing bass. Great memories!!!! 

• Like 1