• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar channels the lizard king [hiss&fist]

It feels like this challenge just started. It might be time for me to retreat back to the battle logs where time flows in a more lackadaisical manner.

It might be an incurable shoulder disease, but I’d put my money on Mouse shoulder given your work and all the gaming you do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

Early last week I really, REALLY tweaked my Ever Problematic Right Trap on OHP day.  It was cranky that morning and I knew it, so I even did some extra stretching and mobilizing pre-workout, but it seems I still doofed it up.  Anyways, it's mostly back to normal, but I've been noticing an interesting (read: pain in the ass) new symptom I've never had before.... shoulder fatigue.  Specifically after sitting at my work computer all day, or after gaming at home at night.  It'll set in after a few hours and is a dull radiating pain that I can't tell if it's stemming from my trap or my delt??  It's really not painful per se, maybe a 2/10 MAX on the pain scale, but more annoying and agitating than anything.... it's been hanging around for a few days and I'm all :thinking:.  Tennis ball rolling gives immediate relief, but it'll always come back.  (Same with tiger balm.) 

I've done some preliminary Googling and I either have something sinister called Mouse Shoulder (hmm), a deadly rotator cuff tear (in true webmd style), or some kind of incurable shoulder muscle disease and I'll have to start using my left hand for everything 'cause my right will be useless in about 7-10 days.  .... Or I've just overworked a typically cranky area and I should be patient.  Still, it's slightly worrisome, but I'll keep an eye on it.  I really can't afford to shell out for a sports massage right now!!  I'll just... BE MORE CAREFUL Y/Y??

HMMM INDEED. I find I have headaches less while my standing desk is in Standing Mode. Might be one or both of your chairs or some other part of your setup--my money is on the work station being to blame. You no doubt have a constant low level of tension that is elevated the minute you demand anything more of it. Or at least that's my experience.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shaar said:

or some kind of incurable shoulder muscle disease and I'll have to start using my left hand for everything 'cause my right will be useless in about 7-10 days

It sounds like this is definitely it.  Enjoy your next 10 days while you can!!!

11 minutes ago, shaar said:

ALSO trying to figure out a setup for my next challenge UGH WHAT DO?????

Sameeeee. My approach is kinda just like... I'll do the things that I'll do, hope they're good, I'll come here and talk about it???

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I'll do the things that I'll do, hope they're good, I'll come here and talk about it???

This is what I do.  My challenge thread is a thinly disguised battle log.  I just keep it here because the traffic is better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It feels like this challenge just started. It might be time for me to retreat back to the battle logs where time flows in a more lackadaisical manner.

It might be an incurable shoulder disease, but I’d put my money on Mouse shoulder given your work and all the gaming you do.

Battle Logs truly are the Lazy River of NF, it's true..... (hopefully no one poops in it tho') (yeah i remember that story of yours)

I will study advanced robotics and build myself a robot arm before I quit gaming DO YOU HEAR ME SHOULDER DON'T PUT THIS ON ME OKAY

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

HMMM INDEED. I find I have headaches less while my standing desk is in Standing Mode. Might be one or both of your chairs or some other part of your setup--my money is on the work station being to blame. You no doubt have a constant low level of tension that is elevated the minute you demand anything more of it. Or at least that's my experience.....

See my first thought was work station, too!  I've got a new cushion for my chair tho' that I've had for a few months, and it's helped LOADS, like no more scapular burning sensation at all.  This seems different, like... like, you know when you get a shot in your arm, and it feels weak, kinda like that.  I know my work posture isn't the best though, and we all know how Work Makes Everything Worse, so I'm v. much inclined to agree.

1 minute ago, Raxie said:

Sameeeee. My approach is kinda just like... I'll do the things that I'll do, hope they're good, I'll come here and talk about it???

HAHAHA YES SAME.  Do The Thing, Talk About It, Hope It's Good and Not A MegaFail, PERFECT

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

This is what I do.  My challenge thread is a thinly disguised battle log.  I just keep it here because the traffic is better.

b i n g o

I think for me too the ever-expansive longness (is that a word) of the battle log just... bores me a little?  I like kinda starting something fresh every 4 weeks, even if it is just another round of hyperbole caps lock and a different temporary gif theme.  There's something exciting about a new challenge, even if it is literally Same Shit Different Way (week).

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Same.  I also feel like when I had a battle log it was more like

3x5 squats

10 minutes yoga

meditate

And I lost the kinda journal-y aspect of challenges?

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

HAHAHA YES SAME.  Do The Thing, Talk About It, Hope It's Good and Not A MegaFail, PERFECT

I think for me too the ever-expansive longness (is that a word) of the battle log just... bores me a little?  I like kinda starting something fresh every 4 weeks, even if it is just another round of hyperbole caps lock and a different temporary gif theme.  There's something exciting about a new challenge, even if it is literally Same Shit Different Way (week).

I love the freshness and the zero week vibes and the hype that comes with challenges.  Even if it's kind of a farce since I'm really just more or less battle logging? I try to throw in some Real Goals on occasion just for the heck of it, but... not really that often.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

...This is so unbelievably true haha! I never thought about it in so many words, but this is exactly what I do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Well, I'm glad to find so many other thinly disguised battle loggers here. Hullo, friends.

giphy.gif 

Also, Shaar, I'm SO glad things are going better for you!! And I'm so sorry to hear about your incurable shoulder disease ... I hope your last 10 days before your arm falls off are memorable!

FO6NB7.gif 

• Like 1

Hey Shaar. Wow, so so sorry i wasnt around. But the Rangers picked up my slack and gave great advice and love. 

I am so proud of you i could cry. You are just incredible person, look back at what you have done and achieved!! How you have dragged yourself out of a seemingly impossible situation and been happy even....wow. 

You are an inspiration and im proud and overjoyed to call you my friend. 

xx

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, Raxie said:

I love the freshness and the zero week vibes and the hype that comes with challenges.  Even if it's kind of a farce since I'm really just more or less battle logging? I try to throw in some Real Goals on occasion just for the heck of it, but... not really that often.

23 hours ago, Shadri said:

...This is so unbelievably true haha! I never thought about it in so many words, but this is exactly what I do.

17 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Well, I'm glad to find so many other thinly disguised battle loggers here. Hullo, friends.

I feel like we should form some kind of secret society or something.... >:]

11 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Shaar. Wow, so so sorry i wasnt around. But the Rangers picked up my slack and gave great advice and love. 

I am so proud of you i could cry. You are just incredible person, look back at what you have done and achieved!! How you have dragged yourself out of a seemingly impossible situation and been happy even....wow. 

You are an inspiration and im proud and overjoyed to call you my friend. 

xx

I wish I knew how it happened.  Luck??  IDEK anymore.....

<33

WEEK 4

HI GUYS I AM THE CRABBIEST CRAB THAT EVER CRABBED TODAY (and yesterday) UGH SHARK WEEK GO SHIT UP A TREE

tumblr_oi71w0vgCo1ql2sjoo1_500.gif

Interestingly enough after I whinged about my shoulder a few days ago, it hasn't bothered me at all yesterday, or today.... a little bit last night when I was falling asleep but that was it.  HUH.  Who the frick even knows BODIES HOW DO YOU WORK TELL ME YOUR SECRETS

Today I have a helluva headache and then I saw a funny video on Twitter of a dumpster floating around in a flooded road and laughed so hard I made it 5 times worse (forums are dumb and won't let me embed it so here it is )

I want to eat all the things but I probably shouldn't I'm already hella bloated and feel a lot like that aforementioned dumpster so

HRRRGGGGHHH

Okokokok.  I have some free time this afternoon so I should probably start thinking about my next NOT a battle-log challenge............

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Friendly Association of Battle Log Enthusiasts

F A B L E

mgc.gif

6 hours ago, shaar said:

funny video on Twitter of a dumpster floating around in a flooded road

Did enjoy.  :D  I, too, feel like this dumpster.

I'm sorry about your headache!

The headache is defeated! 

I wrote up my new challenge!

I had a really low night last night but you know what, fuck it, I'm going to the gym this morning!

HAPPY WEEKEND NERDS LETS GET IT :DDDDD

• Like 8