Good Morning Beautiful People...

Image result for deadpool good morning

I'm back for another tasty challenge and I'm hungry for success! Last challenge was the first decent challenge I've done since 2018 started. I actually kept track of my goals and earned me a level-up to good ole #2 ;) . My mental/spiritual game is strong but my physical game is like little kid tee-ball....it's just not fun to watch. As I continue my "Savage Streaks" on my YouVersion Bible app (I'm up to 79-days in a row with 11 perfect weeks), I want to fortify my "skinny" frame into something on the scale of adamantine. 

Image result for deadpool wolverine

I'm going to manage my time better for starters. My AM workouts are limited because of when I need to be at work, so, I'm going to be moving most of my WOD's to the comforts of my home/living room. That way, I don't have to account for drive time to and from the gym. That means, that'll use the equipment that I have; KB's, battle mace, Indian Clubs and my own sexy bod. Calisthenics and functional training will play a major role this challenge.

ALSO...

I'm teaming up with the uber talented and sexy Aussie, @Yasha92 to help keep me accountable...because Lord knows I need it.

Related image

AND... AND...My lovely and jaw droppingly beautiful wife @PrincessMononoke will be coming back to the boards to get her foruming on! We'll both be keeping each other in line as I work to keep her motivated to work on her grind. She's fired up and ready to go!

I'm excited about the potential of this challenge, so, won't you join me for a deliciously good time??

Image result for deadpool national australian day

Goal 1: Farmer (Walks) in the Dell

Image result for deadpool farmer

One of the most torturous, grip draining, core-blasting moves known in the world of fitness. Grab 2 heavy DB's and walk 100 feet and you have yourself a killer workout finisher! I'm making farmer walks an integral part of my challenge and will commit to adding this "fun" exercise at least 1x each week as a WOD finisher. 

Possible earned points: +3 STR, +1 END

Goal 2: No More Cookies!

Image result for deadpool cookies

I've been obsessed with these chocolate chip almond cookies we've been making the last 2 months. I've eaten more of these than I have vegetables, and that's not exaggerating lol. Granted, they are a healthier alternative to other cookies, I want to cut these out for this challenge. This is a simple "pass or fail" goal.

Possible earned points: +4 CON

Goal 3: Strum thy Chords

Image result for deadpool guitar

So, Heather bought me a nice acoustic guitar a couple weeks ago...and I've yet to really mess with it. I want to put in some serious practice time learning some of the basic chords and "get gud" over the course of the challenge. Heather says 30 min a day would be a great start so I'll shoot for 30 min a day, 3-4 times a week. We have stuff come up randomly all the time and I think getting in a minimum of 3 days is a solid start. Who knows, I could end up 7-days a week over the course of the entire challenge. That would be the most ideal but I'm gonna give myself some grace. I'm also going to try and record a short video of what I've learned at the end of the challenge to share with you all ;).

Possible earned points: +3 DEX, +1 CHA

Goal 4: Dealing with Abibliophobia 

Image result for deadpool reading

I don't have a fear of running out of things to read aka abibliophobia, but I do have a crap ton of things TO read right now. Priority #1 is Reading through the "The IVP Intro to the Bible" and dissecting the Good Book through the eyes of a n00b and discussing things with my good pal, @Tanktimus the Encourager. Priority #2 is finishing Sun Stand Still. I'm over halfway done with SSS and will move onto another Steven Furtick book after that. 

Possible earned points: +3 WIS

NOICE! I'm excited about my goals this challenge :D Hopefully I can fulfill my ambassadorial duties better too. I've truly stunk it up in that department. 

Image result for sad deadpool

I end this post with a quote:

"Perception is your ultimate reality; even if it's not the ultimate truth. Your reality dictates your actions"- Mike Todd, Senior Pastor at Transformation Church in Tulsa, OK

Wolf

• Like 12

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 minute ago, Wolfpool said:

One of the most torturous, grip draining, core-blasting moves known in the world of fitness. Grab 2 heavy DB's and walk 100 feet and you have yourself a killer workout finisher! I'm making farmer walks an integral part of my challenge and will commit to adding this "fun" exercise at least 1x each week as a WOD finisher. 

Haha brother! Oddly enough this is also going to be a prominent part of my challenge too after my last Spartan destroyed my grip and this is the best way I know of working on it! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Following, and for the guitar, true youth ministers only know three chords and use them for everything ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, jonfirestar said:

Haha brother! Oddly enough this is also going to be a prominent part of my challenge too after my last Spartan destroyed my grip and this is the best way I know of working on it! 

Dude...those Spartan races will test your grip and grit like none other!! I'm excited that Wolfpool and J-pool can help each other out once again ;) 

1 minute ago, Salinger said:

Here Wolf!!! I need to keep practising guitar too!! Hope you do awesome, i know you will xx

Woot woot! Glad you're here, Sal! Maybe we can both help keep each other accountable, yeah? How long have you been strumming? ;) 

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following, and for the guitar, true youth ministers only know three chords and use them for everything ;) 

HAHA! That's good to know, brother! I can work with 3...3 is a good number. Which chords would those be btw?? #IToldYouIWasAN00b

Wolf

• Like 3

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

10 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

, I want to fortify my "skinny" frame into something on the scale of adamantine. 

I just want to go on record that I love your bod whatever frame. When you are a little fluffly(When we 1st got married) When you are ripped (When Declan was a baby)  Or lean (Current. See how i didn't use your least favorite word) They are all my favorite. 

giphy.webp

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I told him this! Its like  G, C, D and if you wanna get crazy Em.

giphy.webp

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

HAHA! That's good to know, brother! I can work with 3...3 is a good number. Which chords would those be btw?? #IToldYouIWasAN00b

How should I know? I was a theology major.

• Haha 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Alright Wolfpool, you got this.  I like the workouts from home.  I think you should get extra credit if you get the boys to join in on the workouts.  And super bonus points for using kids instead of KB for the farmer walks. 

Like this guy but with boys

Cheap-Alternative-of-doing-famer-walks-D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple

33 minutes ago, PrincessMononoke said:

I just want to go on record that I love your bod whatever frame. When you are a little fluffly(When we 1st got married) When you are ripped (When Declan was a baby)  Or lean (Current. See how i didn't use your least favorite word) They are all my favorite. 

giphy.webp

I told him this! Its like  G, C, D and if you wanna get crazy Em.

giphy.webp

Thank you for not using the "s" word babe. We'll just leave that for @Mr_Willes so he can taunt me, lol. I know you love me know matter what frame I am and I'm thankful for your love. Somethings, we just gotta do to help our confidence and my lack of structural workouts has been laughable. Thank you for your undying support my love :D 

Sounds like I'll learn Em just for grins ;) 

Image result for back to the future guitar gif

32 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

How should I know? I was a theology major.

LOL! This almost made me spit out water....so close, Tank. Funny stuff. :D 

27 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was told there’d be LARP swords...

Oh don't you worry, Brother Sloth. There will be LARP swords. 

Enjoy, sir :D 

Wolf

• Like 5

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

Alright Wolfpool, you got this.  I like the workouts from home.  I think you should get extra credit if you get the boys to join in on the workouts.  And super bonus points for using kids instead of KB for the farmer walks. 

Like this guy but with boys

Cheap-Alternative-of-doing-famer-walks-D 

HA! Yusss! I could grab them by the back of their pants and farmer walk that way, lol! That's a super solid idea, Terra! I truly think the workouts from home will help me find new love for my AM workouts. I won't be so hard pressed for time! 

Also. HI TERRA :D 

Wolf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

aPl2E3Z.jpg

OMG they killed SKINNY!!!

Here to follow you and watch you crush this challenge. I know you can do it! Farmer handles is one sexy exercise. We actually did a very cool variation last saturday.

Take a couple of semi-heavy dumbbells (i picked two 15KG's), and clean them, so you are just keeping them in front of your shoulders, make sure they don't rest on your shoulders, but keep them in front. we walked 1/4th mile this way. I had to put them down a few times, and i was so glad i was done.

Keep working on all the things Brother, you are being an awesome dad and husband and community member!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

... a little odd in the head ...

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

aPl2E3Z.jpg

OMG they killed SKINNY!!!

Here to follow you and watch you crush this challenge. I know you can do it! Farmer handles is one sexy exercise. We actually did a very cool variation last saturday.

Take a couple of semi-heavy dumbbells (i picked two 15KG's), and clean them, so you are just keeping them in front of your shoulders, make sure they don't rest on your shoulders, but keep them in front. we walked 1/4th mile this way. I had to put them down a few times, and i was so glad i was done.

Keep working on all the things Brother, you are being an awesome dad and husband and community member!

Ohhhhhhh, that sounds gnarly! Cleaned Farmer Walks....yikes! I'm definitely adding those in!! I figured each week would be fun to add a different variation of the walks. And cleaned walks round out all 4 weeks! I have: Kid Carry, KB/DB, Barbell and now cleaned carries. This is gonna be awesome!

Thank you for the compliments my friend, I truly appreciate it :D  #TheBalanceIsReal

I see you putting my goofy face to other uses these days?? LOVE IT! It always cracks me up when you get creative that way ;) 

#DownWithSkinny #UpWithMuscle

57 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Let's do this challenge thing!

UnitedMeekIberianlynx-max-1mb.gif

GOOD! Let the dance battle begin ;) 

Image result for deadpool dance gif

13 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Farmer Walks with KB"s!! 

Probably my favorite form of the farmer walk. The handles make it a little easier. The heaviest KB I have is my 45# so I may do that one and the 40# one at the gym for distance more for solid weight. I don't have doubles in any of my KB's so it makes for an uneven walk if I use my 45# and 35#. Oh well, I could just switch hands on the way back or halfway through ;). Hi, EG!! 

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

LOL! This almost made me spit out water....so close, Tank. Funny stuff. :D 

I can, however, tell you how to look down your nose at a Youth Ministry student under a tree who has himself surrounded by girls as he plays those three chords for a worship session that's totally about worship and not at all about getting chicks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Challenge up, buttercup:

• Like 1

Here.  GIFs to come (maybe?) later when I have some more time

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I can, however, tell you how to look down your nose at a Youth Ministry student under a tree who has himself surrounded by girls as he plays those three chords for a worship session that's totally about worship and not at all about getting chicks.

You'll have to teach me how to look down my nose at someone like that. Heather, doesn't this sound like Dusty? Lol...well maybe not Dusty now....

17 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

We got dis!

Related image

17 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Challenge up, buttercup:

I see that you were censored within the first hour of the challenge being up...

Image result for deadpool clapping gif

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here.  GIFs to come (maybe?) later when I have some more time

Hey brother, glad you're here!! 

Image result for deadpool hug

Update:

• No Cookies: CHECK
  • Farmer Walks: N/A (Tomorrow)
  • Guitar Practice: CHECK. Spent about 20 min trying to tune the dang thing and then got in another 20 min of practice strumming E-minor and A-major ;) Gotta build those callouses! 
  • Reading: FAIL. Didn't have a lot of time for this. I'll read some today.

Even though it's Zero Week, I'm already in "Let's Get Stuff Done" mode. More guitar practice tonight-reading and eliminating the need for homemade chocolate chip almond cookies ;) 

Upcoming Events:

• Summit Men's Conference starts Thursday around 2 and goes on until Friday evening. It's going to be an awesome, God-filled 2-days and I'm wicked stoked! 
  • We get Jamison this weekend and we're all excited about seeing him :) 

We need to find some time to look at other apartments/houses because our lease is up 05/28, so there's that...

Wolf

• Like 7

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Back from my hiatus, following again (though probably not as in-depth), and pleased to see guitar stuff in the mix. :)

YOU"RE BACK!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Image result for deadpool hug

Yessir, guitar stuff is gonna be fun to learn. I'm excited to see the progress I make in 5 weeks ;) 

Image result for deadpool guitar

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 4/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, Wolfpool said:

Woot woot! Glad you're here, Sal! Maybe we can both help keep each other accountable, yeah? How long have you been strumming? ;) 

not long, less than a year!!! know all basic chords just need to practise going between them quickly... xx

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Salinger said:

not long, less than a year!!! know all basic chords just need to practise going between them quickly... xx

Yeah, me too. The quick transitions so the music still sounds fluid is gonna be a challenge, but challenge accepted! You got this, Sal!

Update:

• Goal 1: Farmer (Walks) in the Dell- Walked 100 ft today after my workout with 50# DB's. I forget how difficult and strangely rewarding these are!
  • Goal 2: No Cookies! PASS! 2/2, WOOT WOOT! I'm gonna destroy this goal!
  • Goal 3: Strum Thy Chords- Nope. It got late last night and it was either have sex or practice guitar. I'll give you a $100 in monopoly money if you guess correctly... ;) 
  • Goal 4: Dealing with Abibliophobia- YUP! Read like 10 pages last night. I was dissecting each section and enjoying it. Did you know that when we discovered the Dead Sea Scrolls that we recovered text from almost every Old Testament book? Including almost the entire book of Isaiah...and that one has 66 chapters!

Heather made her infamous Chicken Tortilla soup last night and it was probably her best batch ever! Copious amounts of rotisserie chicken, pablano peppers, onions, red bell pepper, black beans, corn, like 6 blocks of velveeta, and I believe a whole stick of cream cheese. AH-MAZING!

Image result for drool gif

Workout this morning was upper body focused:

• 5 min incline walk on dreadmill at almost running speed (to loosen up the leg DOMS from Monday)
  • Shoulder warm-up using cable machine. Lots of external/internal pulls and rotations at light weight. (Staying in the 12-15 rep range)
  • 1st super set: T-bar cable row: 1st set was at 85# x10 and then next 2 were at 100#. Right after was 10 diamond pushups.
  • 2nd super set: 5 pull-ups with 10 OHP with 10# DB's. Shoulders still aren't ready for heavy OHP and may never be due to shoulder issues.
  • Finished the workout with 100 ft farmer carry with 50# DB's.

This was a gym workout and I managed to make good time on getting back home to shower and get ready for work. Supersetting really helped.

Now, I'm about to break my fast with some hard boiled eggs. I have leftover Chicken Tortilla soup for lunch :D 

Wolf

• Like 6

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Wolfpool said:
  • Goal 1: Farmer (Walks) in the Dell- Walked 100 ft today after my workout with 50# DB's. I forget how difficult and strangely rewarding these are!
  •  

Okay, I need to figure out how I stack up here. I also did farmers walks with 50# dbs but I did it for time rather than feet because I gotta just pick an open space in the busy gym and go. Do you know the time it took for 100ft? 

I also feel you on the OHP. I've no idea if it's even worth trying to do them considering I know I'm not going to be able to push the weight very high. 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24