• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Last challenge was an engine that kept stalling. 

Side note : I got some driving lessons from my mom last week and at one point, I had stopped at a turning and the engine stalled and died on me. Seven times in a row. Eventually, I got out and switched seats with her so we could get out of other people's way and continue practise. #notfun

It sort of got to the point where I wanted to get out and let someone else drive for me. (See side note above) But that doesn't happen in these bodies, and I don't want to be stuck in auto-pilot. The way around that is self-discipline. There are many areas in my life that I would like to apply it to, but I'm going to go for one which might be a bit of a root cause - water. But also spy training. :D

Meraki

Director of E.R.A.

J3WZ0UV3yUfN6UDkH6rcuJJYeNC5tdq9TePICLtbaAB1VSf0Bp-8nmsiYEHUCoNlAvNZ50xOCNA1P2-Af0Qm9rZ5GhvibP1fA9UIUG-mr-B81Qs27oAAt9QQ80PYcC5xn4W5auzP

16 April 2018

To Infinity Zero,

Your training with Hestia was subpar, but in conversation with both you and her, we have realised that you need more accountability. As such, your next instructor is Hades.

He will be examining you at the end of each week and will expect more frequent communication and updates than Hestia did. 

Also, a reminder that by September 10th, you will be expected to :

• Be able to run 5 kilometers in under 30 minutes.

• Be able to pull yourself up onto a ledge

• Be able to touch your toes

• Be able to hold a plank for 2 minutes

All the best,

Meraki

Hades

Instructor

J3WZ0UV3yUfN6UDkH6rcuJJYeNC5tdq9TePICLtbaAB1VSf0Bp-8nmsiYEHUCoNlAvNZ50xOCNA1P2-Af0Qm9rZ5GhvibP1fA9UIUG-mr-B81Qs27oAAt9QQ80PYcC5xn4W5auzP

16 April 2018

To Infinity Zero,

You may have gotten away with just skimming the base line and not repercussions for your actions with Hestia, but you shall not be receiving the same treatment from me.

I will be checking in every day, and will be grading you each week. Your performance by the end of this period will determine your grade for my portion.

It shall also highly affect the way that I view you, and your treatement if your flighty dream of attending ERA does happen. 

You need to step up your game, choose what to fight for, and work at it! 

While with me, and then the next instructor, you will be training the C25K app (total of nine weeks). If it's not done by then, you will affect your standing with both myself

and whomever comes after me. Additionally, you will be not be able to compete in anything related to a 5k until it is completed. If, however, you are on track by the time my

period with you is over, you will be allowed to purchase something of your choosing.

Additionally, you will be maintaining daily goals of both the DareBee Dares, and a twenty second plank. Both can be split up into smaller increments throughout the day.

If you fail to hit 10 out of 14 (combined), you will have to do an hour further exercise at some point during the following week.

I also want to receive your measurements every Monday morning, to see your progress. However, we will not work on your diet yet. That is for another instructor in the future.

For now, it is about sustainable habits and developing the discipline you will need as one of our agents.

Finally, you need to drink 1.5 litres of water every day. This should help with satiation, lethargy, and mood. If you drink less than 7 liters in a week, we shall figure out an alternative.

If between 7 and 10 liters, then you cannot look at your devices between 10pm and 10am for the following week. If over 10 liters, then you are permitted one drink that isn't water

the following week.

In summary,

• Tri weekly C25K

• Daily Dare & 20 second plank

• Monday measurements

• 1,5 liters of water a day

I expect to hear an update by Wednesday noon,

Hades

• Like 4

13 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

I don't want to be stuck in auto-pilot.

I know that feeling very well.

I installed an app that reminds me to drink water (Water Time), and if you don't then your little water droplet gets sad. I also committed to drinking a tall glass of water first thing in the morning before I do anything else. After a couple of weeks it became a habit and as soon as I get up, I crave it.

Good luck!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, whatthefork said:

I know that feeling very well.

I installed an app that reminds me to drink water (Water Time), and if you don't then your little water droplet gets sad. I also committed to drinking a tall glass of water first thing in the morning before I do anything else. After a couple of weeks it became a habit and as soon as I get up, I crave it.

Good luck!

Heyo, and thanks! :D

Tbh, to make sure I drink I just need to bring my water bottle around with me and refresh the water every morning or so. It's a 1.5l, so if I drink the entire thing I know I'm in good standing, but it's the making sure I have water around me which is the harder part :P

• Like 3

ALso, interesting update from the past week. On Thursday, I set out to do a continuation of the Offa's Dyke with 10 other people (my parents, sister, aunt, uncle, and a friend's family). 

However, it all went sort of pear shaped from the first day. Wales had been seeing some of it's worst winter weather in years, so the ground underfoot was three inches of very slippy mud. Add to this an 18 mile day on steep up and down terrain (low hills, but constantly up and down, roughly half an hour to get up), we ended up walking for 10 hours that day.

So the next day started with exhaustion, and what was meant to be a 12 mile, 5 hour hike ended up being roughly 16 miles and 10 hours. There was a gorgeous (horrible) hill that took 2 hours to go up, and just as long to go down, due to the gradient of it. 

On Friday, we then decided that we weren't going to do the next two days of hiking, but walk the five miles into the nearest town with a train station to come back home. Thankfully, the B&B we were staying at was hosted by this lovely woman who drove four of us there (due to injuries or exhaustion). I'm glad we came back when we can because I think that my knee will heal decently, (it kept getting over-extended due to catching myself on the mud and is also generally kind of weak), and I've gotten some rest at home since Saturday.

On the flip side, this means I don't want to aggravate my knee too much, so I shall be doing walks this week, with some C25K thrown in there when I feel stronger. I'll be taking it slow, but there will still be progress.

• Like 4

Following! I love the message from Hades. Nothing like the god of the underworld snapping at your heels to get you moving! 

tenor.gif?itemid=5148075

I think it's very important to be flexible about your goals and adjust to accommodate your body. Aggravating an injury is a good way to set your training back weeks or months instead of the days it would take to rest, and in some cases you can do irreparable damage. So take it easy, but remember to stay active so getting back on track when you're ready is no big deal! You got this, Infinite! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Following

Nice to see you around again :D

5 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Following! I love the message from Hades. Nothing like the god of the underworld snapping at your heels to get you moving! 

I think it's very important to be flexible about your goals and adjust to accommodate your body. Aggravating an injury is a good way to set your training back weeks or months instead of the days it would take to rest, and in some cases you can do irreparable damage. So take it easy, but remember to stay active so getting back on track when you're ready is no big deal! You got this, Infinite! 

#thatherculesgiftho

Question : from your knowledge of Greek mythos, would Hades be more lawful or chaotic? Cause this one is a straight line kind of dude, keeping me on the narrow :P

As for the knee, it should be fine, I'm not pushing it on the walks and I know the difference between long-term pain and aches from exercising at this point. It could have gotten worse if I'd kept going, but as it is, short daily walks to strengthen it are just what I need.

• Like 2

Hades

Instructor

19 April 2018

To Infinity Zero,

Current progress looks like it's going well. However, I have a feeling that this is currently motivation, not discipline. As such, please continue to maintain your attitude. 

I'm glad to hear that you have also picked up learning about cybersecurity and Korean. Both should help your schools at the Academy,  and will continue to make you a valuable operative. 

Try not to eat any cereal from now on, especially if you want to add sugar to it. When you want it, have a drink, have some cheese and crackers, or find something to do. This is going to be a massive block in your progress until you can have a healthy diet. 

Further instructions will come on Friday

Hades

• Like 4

So yesterday, I actually did everything on my to-do list, except for writing my podcast. I don't know what mental block stops me from opening the page and actually writing, but I really want to get around it.

Also, I need to stop procrastinating and get my theory test book, and start applying for jobs. It needs to get done, so I need to do it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IAmInfinite said:

I don't know what mental block stops me from opening the page and actually writing, but I really want to get around it.

Sometimes when that happens to me I find breaking the thing down into really little steps and saying them out loud helps me a lot. So "First stand up." (stand up) "Great! Now walk to desk" (walk) "Open computer" "Turn on computer" "Open page" etc. Make the steps really ridiculously small and say them out loud (or else risk getting distracted). Good luck! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, IAmInfinite said:

picked up learning about cybersecurity and Korean

Korean is a tough language.  Are you taking classes or trying to learn it on your own?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Korean is a tough language.  Are you taking classes or trying to learn it on your own?

My mother is Korean and I was in Korea for two months last year, so I know most of the basics. Especially for conversation. But I really want to be upping my vocabulary to stuff that I didn't hear in the house, and to actually learn the grammar rules I know instinctively. Also to improve my writing (which is absolutely non-existent). So I'm self teaching because my knowledge is such a jumble that classes really wouldn't be able to cater for me :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

Sometimes when that happens to me I find breaking the thing down into really little steps and saying them out loud helps me a lot. So "First stand up." (stand up) "Great! Now walk to desk" (walk) "Open computer" "Turn on computer" "Open page" etc. Make the steps really ridiculously small and say them out loud (or else risk getting distracted). Good luck! 

I second the tiny steps or things I can do in small burts. Not "Learn this whole thing" but rather "spend 5 minutes on X"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

So yesterday, I actually did everything on my to-do list, except for writing my podcast. I don't know what mental block stops me from opening the page and actually writing, but I really want to get around it.

Going somewhere to specifically do the thing usually gets me past the getting started mental block. Bonus points for setting aside (scheduling) a specific time to do it. 

One thing to try might be recording what you want to say (instead of sitting down to write it), and then you can transcribe the good parts later and fill in what's missing. So when you get to the actual writing part and making something coherent, you already have stuff on paper.

Good luck!

(P.S. From what I know of mythology, I think Hades would be Lawful.)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

One thing to try might be recording what you want to say (instead of sitting down to write it), and then you can transcribe the good parts later and fill in what's missing. So when you get to the actual writing part and making something coherent, you already have stuff on paper.

Ooh, that actually sounds like a really good idea. Especially as what I'm writing is the script for a podcast. And speaking out loud really doesn't have the energy intent that writing something down does. 

• Like 3

Hades

Instructor

20 April 2018

To Infinity Zero,

Your pace has dropped these past few days, but I'm glad to hear that you've dropped the cereal. Getting over the sugar cravings may be a process, but it is necessary for the path that you want to continue to take. It should also help with any cravings or desires that you will have to over come in the future in this industry.

You are hitting below your water goal daily, though you are drinking the bare minimum. Once you stop using the current water bottle system (your current rate suggests that it will be the day after tomorrow), please change the size to the 1.5 liter bottle that you have. This should be a clearer indicator and a better reminder.

The weather has been nice enough for walks, and I hope you take the time to actually enjoy it, not just force yourself because you know you should.

Next update on Sunday evening in prep for the week ahead

Hades

• Like 3

Well, regarding that advice, I actually went on a 6k walk today, up a hill, break for a picnic lunch, then back down the other side. Longer day than I expected, I hurt less than expected, but a good walk and decently difficult. 

The past few days have had such gorgeous weather, enough that I don't think I saw a single cloud after 10am. Good thing is that it's cloudy at night, so keeps the heat of the day trapped in and the day starts nice and warm as well :P 

I also bought myself a study bible (because I own two bibles but I've always wanted one I can highlight because the pages aren't whisper thing), something to keep my prayer reminders and notes in. It should arrive Sunday afternoon, so should hopefully help me with my needing quiet times in the morning. It's a habit I developed while I was away, but have lost since I've gotten back, and something I really want to develop again. Since I'm not doing it surrounded by friends, hopefully highlighters should help xP 

• Like 3

Hades

Instructor

22 April 2018

To Infinity Zero,

Your weekly overview is mixed. You've definitely succeed with your walking, doing something on six of the available seven days.

However, you've only done a total of 6 items between your daily dare, and the plank, out of the available 14. As said before, the consequence of this is that you need to add an extra hour of exercise next week. When and how you do it is up to you, but I would like the definite details by Wednesday, so that I know that they will get done.

I am awaiting your measurements tomorrow, just for comparison.

As for your water, you haven't hit 1.5 liters on any of the days. You've averaged 800ml this week. As recommended before, please change your water bottle and keep it with you. If, by Wednesday, the number still hasn't gone up, we can discuss changing the method of drinking, whether that is adding flavour, or temperature, or other.

Next update on Wednesday,

Hades

• Like 4

On 4/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, IAmInfinite said:

Tri weekly C25K

Yay! C25K is how I learned to run. Just remember to take it slow. Especially if your knee is giving you problems. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Yay! C25K is how I learned to run. Just remember to take it slow. Especially if your knee is giving you problems. 

Yep! One day the plan is to get to something like a WolfRun or other OCRs, but that's in a while :P

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Do you have your new water bottle with you? Hades seems to think making sure your getting your water is important, so I figured I would ask.

Thanks for the reminder :D I've got it here, but will drink it! 

• Like 2