[NeverThatBored] Now Give Me That Fire

11 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Week 0. I'm taking one true week 0 where I do what I want before moving on to my new thread/goals. Which TBH is probably going to look about the same as any other week. I had a new challenge written already, but given my negative challenge summary, I'm taking a few extra days to think the goals through before I commit to anything. 

Good thinking. :) I also think you're being too hard on yourself about this challenge - it's not like you didn't achieve anything, quite the opposite, you did a whole bunch of stuff. The challenge was just a bit confused, that's all. ;) 

Congrats on the team building session!

• Like 2
23 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:
23 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

You can't do everything!

Does not compute.

I knew you were going to answer exactly that to Sylvaa :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:54 PM, NeverThatBored said:

I was going to hit the dojo tonight, but then I decided to channel some week 0 vibes and think about what I actually wanted to do and what would be best for me. So instead I went on a walk, did some Japanese homework, did Elements, and finished some meal prep that I didn't get to over the weekend. That's the problem with aikido in a nutshell. I can do SO MANY THINGS during that time instead.

That is very much a week 0 vibe. It's good to think about how you want to spend your time.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Zero Week Updates

Crossfit today was exactly my kind of workout for once! 3 round bodyweight circuits are my jam. 

We did 3 rounds of:

• 40 ab mat situps
  • 30 box jumps (I have gone slightly higher but I'm still using the baby height for now)
  • 20 ring rows 
  • 10 pushups

I finished in the 19 minute range. Once again, I got compliments on my pushups~~ "BEAUTIFUL pushups, NTB!" "Really excellent pushup form" etc. A++ 

This is what I want all the time. I want to be really solid at basic movements. That's what I want to center (re-center?) my goals around and that's what I'm whiny about with my current programming. 

I've been kind of light on the fitness otherwise this week. 2x Crossfit. 1 misc. bodyweight session. 1 Elements session. Some walks. That's about it. I plan to hit the dojo on Saturday morning and get a run in at some point. Maybe either a cycling session or a bodyweight workout or both if I can swing it. I also unlocked another nutrition task! And I started that work-sponsored mindful eating program, which despite its cringey name does actually have some good advice about how to eat more mindfully. 

I think I've got a better idea of what I want to do for next challenge. Mostly the same goals I already had, TBH, but with a few tweaks. And I'll probably keep pushing through Elements regardless of whether it's a goal or not. My challenges are pretty much always the same. :P

I'm a person who likes to see things through to the end, often beyond where it's necessary or where a more reasonable person would have stopped. Sort of...aggressively patient? And/or FOMO. Once I start something it becomes part of my identity, so stopping it voluntarily or abruptly feels like destroying part of my identity. I accept that about myself, so I have to figure out how to work with it. Prioritizing, for one. But also de-emphasizing things even if I'm not willing to completely stop them right away. Being aware when I'm moving towards dropping/ending something but need a wind down phase before it goes away. Letting them wind down on their own instead of immediately cutting them off. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

New challenge up and running:

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.