Starpuck is a Regular Gnoll, Regular Gnoll

starpuck

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I am actually REALLY GLAD to hear that I'm not the only one who does this!! It happens to me every time - I eat something that makes me sick, and then I eat more stuff to try to settle my stomach back down, and also for comfort because I'm feeling sick and upset. Maybe that means it's ... normal-ish? Or at least we're weird together?

I hope you're having a simply wonderful time, enjoying lots of sun and outdoor activities after such a crummy winter. I love your notebook idea and I can't wait to hear what you've been thinking about when you get back. I'm proud of you!!!

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You're not the only one. I can easily misinterpret stomach displeasure as hunger signals and send more down the gullet to try and shut it up.

Yep,  I've done that. 

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I used to do that back when I smoked. Cigarettes would mess up my stomach and I'd eat something to shut it up. Unlike most people who gain weight when they quit, I actually lost weight once I gave up on smoking.

I always found it really hard to tell the difference between being hungry and wanting a cigarette. For that matter I also can't tell the difference between those things, nerves and having done a core workout recently...

• Like 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

Hey all!  Thanks for the well wishes on the trip!  It was amaze!   Sunshine.  Much heat.  All the hike. Yus!

I will post some pics and stuff in the next few days... plane got us in the house at 1am last night and now I am mad unpacking, laundry-ing, etc and still have D&D night tonight to get to!

It was a good trip and I felt SO strong on the Kayak adventure, so I am feeling a bit of a boost on my strength endeavors, and encouraged that a consistently active lifestyle will still net me some body shape changes in the direction I'd like.   Just need to work on the patience part of that formula.

• Like 6

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

39 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

It was a good trip and I felt SO strong on the Kayak adventure, so I am feeling a bit of a boost on my strength endeavors, and encouraged that a consistently active lifestyle will still net me some body shape changes in the direction I'd like.

This is just what I was hoping you'd find on this trip!! You are such a strong Ranger, Puck!

Welcome home!!

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Just need to work on the patience part of that formula.

Same friend, same

• Like 1

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

| STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | INT- 3 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3 |

Previous challenge: Respawn of a swordmage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream- C. S. Lewis

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

Got back to the grind today.   Food was good.   Ran outside because it was beautiful.  Work was kind to me and I got lots of art in.   Despite all this I am suffering from a terrible case of sadxiety.   (Sadness+anxiety)   I may be tired (and sharks are not helping) and may be suffering from 'was just doing all the great awesome things and now back to grind' gear down period, but ugh.  Dislike this greatly.

Hopefully good sleep solves tonight.   Also - I may not do the best at catching up on threads this go around.   Right now, everything feels very overwhelming and like I am way behind on everything heh.     That might get better when above mental ailment subsides.

Here's the finished picture of my rogue/ranger who keeps losing her party mates.

After recruiting new help and giving them a trial run, Kess returns to the manor house that took the lives of her previous party.    In an almost complete deja vu moment, things begin playing out just as they had last time.  First the warlock goes down, then the magic wielder gets trapped inside, and the fighter, who had made it safely out comes charging back in.   Seeing what was happening, she made a dash for the item they sought in the room of the Elder Brain and gave everyone else the call to run.     They all took a serious beating getting out, but they met with a powerful mage in the game room that offered to resurrect their fallen comrade.     When they were recovered, they set out to open the final door that they'd earned all those keys for... and met the owner of the mansion they had just looted and conquered.    Kess fell to a trap that put her sound asleep - and woke up hours later to learn that the powerful archmage demanded locks of their hair in trade for the items they'd taken.    The elven wizard Arthan accepted the deal, and spoke on her behalf to offer hers... but the paladin of vengeance and the celestial warlock refused and engaged the mighty caster.    The paladin was struck with a disintegrate spell and killed... and the warlock was dropped but spared...         This makes another enemy she has left to live, despite it stealing the lives of her companions.     Ryvvik told her working alone was easier.     She is learning to see just why that is...

assassins_work_best_alone_by_lilwolfe006

• Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

29 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Got back to the grind today.   Food was good.   Ran outside because it was beautiful.  Work was kind to me and I got lots of art in.   Despite all this I am suffering from a terrible case of sadxiety.   (Sadness+anxiety)   I may be tired (and sharks are not helping) and may be suffering from 'was just doing all the great awesome things and now back to grind' gear down period, but ugh.  Dislike this greatly.

That's not uncommon after a vacation.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi, hi, hi! I came by the forum to see about starting a challenge, but I'm late to the game, as usual. Ha.

Instead, I am dropping by to say hello! Always love your challenges (and no challenges). I love that you're still rebel-ing. <3

• Like 1

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

20 minutes ago, chickie.monkey said:

Hi, hi, hi! I came by the forum to see about starting a challenge, but I'm late to the game, as usual. Ha.

Instead, I am dropping by to say hello! Always love your challenges (and no challenges). I love that you're still rebel-ing. <3

CHICKIE!!  OH HELLO MY DEAR!

You should just do a 3 week non-challenge this time around.   Be like Starpuck!      So good to see you!  And I am SO glad you said hi!

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

4 hours ago, chickie.monkey said:

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

You should just do a 3 week non-challenge this time around.   Be like Starpuck!      So good to see you!  And I am SO glad you said hi!

CHICKIE HIIIIIEEEE!!!!  So good to see you :D  I agree with 'puck - do a 3 week non-challenge and get back into the swing of things!

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hm. I could do that, huh? I'm totally stealing some of your challenge for this. Because "Be like Starpuck" :) 

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Midweek update thing...

Food has been really spot on since returning from vacation.  (I always eat pretty well on trips because I am active and busy doing things that are non-stressful!)   I've kept that streak alive by eating my prepared food and sticking to my usual stuff.  I've also figured out that most apples are too big, and that I am just fine eating a half of one with a handful of nuts.   So my snacks are more healthful since the trip.   Bonus!

Tonight is gaming so that will be my first hurdle- and I also have no food cooked this week at the gaming house because... vacation happened last week.  No cook days.    I am thinking of getting tacos from my favorite ma and pa place, but getting them to go.   That eliminates the chips and salsa pre meal stuff, and I could still get a horchata to sip while throwing dice.   Plus it means I eat dinner like 20 minutes later than if I ate there... so it should keep me satisfied longer than if I ate it on the way over.    Hmmm.

I did some art last night, but I am really not digging how the pose turned out.  Something's off, but after spending hours tweaking and adjusting, nothing looked totally right.   It just looked a little less wrong.  I am hoping that coloring it and adding the affects will fix it up.   It's a picture of my tempest cleric Aella, and her new buddy Wermzer - the evocation wizard, throwing spells together.  Thunder and Fire!

I run my game tomorrow and we'd planned on pizza.   I am also going to get stuff to make a salad and try to eat a big one of those to eat first.

I haven't done any lifting in two weeks now!  Arg!   I have been hiking and paddling, and I kept up with runs and walks since getting back, but today should be my first strength day.   I think I might go pretty much all body weight and stretching.   Inverted Ring Rows, Push Ups, Body Squats,  Planks, and Step Ups maybe...

We'll see.

• Like 2

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 5/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, Starpuck said:

It's a picture of my tempest cleric Aella, and her new buddy Wermzer - the evocation wizard, throwing spells together.  Thunder and Fire!

Um, that sounds amazing?? May we see?

How was your weekend, my friend?

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

Post weekend check-in.   

Ability to focus on anything has been hard since the vacation.   I've also been struggling with rotten moods and I can't figure out what the source is.  I'm just super confrontational in the "Man, that's not what I wanted to do and now I am going to verbalize it until I become a total ass in hopes of making everyone else feel bad about making a wrong choice."    I am like, SUPER well aware this is happening.   I HATE it.  And yet I can't seem to find the root to solve the problem, or cork off the hissing carbonation fizz of side effects it's causing.

I haven't been focused on much of anything.  I actually didn't get a single strength work out in, because every time it should have been a strength day it was nice out and I didn't want to spend my hour of lunch in the dirtiest corner of the warehouse.   I'm suffering the same conundrum today as it's nice out the first half of the week and maybe not the back half.

It was a beautiful weekend, and I did get a bike ride/zoo/bike ride outing in on Saturday.  Just minus one small water hazard.

31531238_10215911531931547_7690048826484

But both Sat and Sun afternoon when it was really really nice out, I had committed to going to see movies.   They were movies I wanted to see, just... not on Sunny days when the temps hit 75-85.    So that was one of the "angry and bitchy about doing something I didn't wanna do" moments.   Even though I had, on Thursday said, "Let's see Black Panther on Saturday, and Avengers on Sunday."    Granted, the forecast changed on me in between and that's no one's fault.   But man- it just ticked me off so much.    And that sucks.

Had lots of roleplay.   Played two games (Th and Su) and ran my game on Fri night.     Didn't get much in the way of art, it was just scrambling from one thing to to do the next and despite just having a vacation, I feel like I could really use one hah.  

I have a new 8.5x11 Ghost Grid Bullet Journal that I am hoping to fill out and get some inspiration from.       There is ZERO roleplaying this week so I am like aaaaghghhh already freaking out from withdrawal.  But maybe I can get some much needed me time in this week instead.   I do have a lot on my list of things I'd like to get done.

I am hoping to finish the Aella/Wermzer picture tonight.   Especially after last nights exchange.     We have found Wermzers lost older brother Warren, (whom Wermzer super looks up to) but during a very dangerous fight, Warren opted to watch us fight instead of help and it got us all very mad at the elder brother.    Aella has been watching their interaction with growing concern, and so while they traveled further through the maze, she sidles up to Wermzer and whispers, "You see this blood on my armor?  That was earned protecting you and the others.  If your own family does not, or will not, bleed for you... you need to start thinking about what that means.   It's hard.   But sometimes it is your own family who hurts you."

My friend John who plays Wermzer, gave this big frowny faced, wide-eyed, "RIGHT IN THE FEELZ" look at me and it was really awesome.   I noted then, that she said this calmly, like one speaking from experience and not just someone giving unasked for advice.     So yeah that was pretty fun.

Hoping to get out of this funk this week.

Suns out,   Nice weather.   No reason for it.

• Like 5

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Ability to focus on anything has been hard since the vacation.   I've also been struggling with rotten moods and I can't figure out what the source is.

I'm thinking these may be related ... getting back to equilibrium after a major schedule disruption can be hard and weird. It may have a super deep root of something you need to attend to in yourself ... or it may be no more complicated than that, just getting back to routine. If it helps, I know exactly the feeling you're talking about and it always makes me feel cruddy too.  *hugs*

Hoping you feel better soon and enjoy this beautiful weather!! It's just marvelous, isn't it??

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2022 Books in Progress:

"Let's see Black Panther on Saturday, and Avengers on Sunday." 

Both were amazing. Sorry you're feeling the funk I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you'll get to see the movie soon just be prepared is all

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

Puck, I'm going to suggest something uncomfortable to hear in the hope that it's helpful.

You have said before you were content with your job because it affords you a lot of downtime, and you'd really rather focus on non-work things anyway.

The funk started when you came back from vacation and went back to work.

What if you are no longer content with your job and haven't realized it yet?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So I did a lot of good things today but the mood has not risen.   Sleep is the next remedy.

Food has been really good for the past few weeks guys.   I'm not tracking, but vacation was fine.   And afterward, I've really cut snacking out, and even have been super restrained on game nights.   Example?  Thursday night I had water and a single cookie.  That was it.   Friday was a bit of a treat night with pizza.    Then Sunday gaming, I had a single serving of chips, no salsa.   About ten chocolate covered raisins, and a single mini muffin thing.

Going into this week, food continues to be pretty okay.

I also ran at lunch.  3.15 miles alternating runs and walks every 60".   

On the way home from work, sis called saying we had no power so I stopped for two pastor tacos and a horchata, but no chips.    Then I started running around with laundry, cleaning out old clothes, tidying up my room, changing my bed sheets to summer sheets, watching CR and spending the WHOLE night coloring the picture of Aella and Wermzer.    It's done now, because I think this idea was above my pay grade for the time being.   I'm happy enough with it though- at least as a reminder of this set of characters and the interaction we had between the party.

Wermzer sculpting his burning hands around Aella as she casts Thunderwave.

She has not yet confessed to any one that she is a cleric serving a rather evil god- though the other cleric has speculations she's a priestly sort, she just keeps saying she deals with evocations.  Or, in Short Aella terms. "Steel and a bit of Magic.  That's all."

thunder_and_fire_by_lilwolfe006-dcay8wj.

I also did some trying on and futzing with my Acen cosplay this year...   I need to get the holster to work, but otherwise, I think I am really close to ready.

NjPUxrF.jpg  6LjnjDV.jpg  KirdINp.jpg

• Like 5

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Dude!!! Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my top 10 favorite animes and mangas of all time. Riza's such badass! It seems to me that you're still kicking butt and taking names, with all that running. You got this friend.

• Like 1

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

1 hour ago, Siuken said:

Dude!!! Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my top 10 favorite animes and mangas of all time. Riza's such badass!

See.  I knew we were going to get along the moment we first met on here. :) 

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 5/7/2018 at 11:10 PM, Starpuck said:

Food has been really good for the past few weeks guys.   I'm not tracking, but vacation was fine.   And afterward, I've really cut snacking out, and even have been super restrained on game nights.   Example?  Thursday night I had water and a single cookie.  That was it.   Friday was a bit of a treat night with pizza.    Then Sunday gaming, I had a single serving of chips, no salsa.   About ten chocolate covered raisins, and a single mini muffin thing.

I like this. No honey badger, no stress. <3 *High Five*

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Just a *waves hand dismissively* check in or some such.

Food ok!   Last night we took our buddy Q out for dinner in thanks of driving us to airport at 5:45am for out trip.  He picked Red Robin where I had my favorite burger (Burnin' Love) on a lettuce wrap and ate only 35% of my fries.   I then opted OUT of getting a shake to go because I was full.   I told myself I could get a shake this weekend if I was craving one.     Went back to the house to watch some anime and had a handful of chocolate covered raisins and that was that.

I got my first strength day since pre-trip in yesterday.   Took it easy, lowered the weights like crazy and tried to just focus on the movements and envisioning the muscles working and growing.   Did bench press, squat, inverted ring rows, lying leg raises and deadlifts, then stretched for 15 minutes.   Yup, I am sore today!

If the sun comes out, I'll take a walk and maybe add a few jaunts of jogging into the mix, but otherwise not to worried about 'how much I sweat or burn' calorie wise today.    The rest of the week is planned with another lift tomorrow and hockey for the first time in months, on Saturday with my bestie RBK.

Working on a new art thing of a scarred wood elf I did just for practice and should finish that tonight.   I might browse Amazon and see if there are books that act as a study class on learning some more art fundamentals.   Maybe.    I've been itching to see my art/style progress more and feel kind of stagnated.

I also did this yesterday in prep for an upcoming session of my game and this is pretty exciting.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/print/ryUlfkbCz?dialog=true

Trudging along, trudging along.

• Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler