GK hulks up from the waist up

GodzillaKong

The last challenge was primarily about 2 things; getting my squat up to what I deemed an acceptable level and setting a foundation for upper body work by getting my Row form and technique correct. I managed both of those, so for this challenge I'll be building upon that foundation and easing off the intensity of the squats.

1484274449978328104.gif

Despite being overweight for much of my life, you wouldn't be able to tell if you just looked from the waist down. Above the waist, however, I look like a sack of potatoes. Mashed potatoes.

Zl5n2ag.gif

And functionally I'm not as strong as I'd like to be. And SL has kinda reinforced this (or at least made the difference more obvious) with squats taking up the majority of time and effort. With this in mind, my challenges for this month are as follows:

1a. Prioritise Upper body. Do my upper body exercises first. Hopefully this will get around the problem of running out of energy in the latter part of a session.

1b. Add 10kg to all 'none squat' lifts. Assuming that the theory above is correct and I have more energy for these lifts, I should be able to add 10kg to my Bench Press, Overhead Press, Bent-over Rows and Deadlifts.

2. Concrete on bracing. Whilst I'm pleased with my squat, I need to work on my technique, especially where my core is concerned. I'll be lowering the weight and concentrating on bracing my  substantial middle section.

3. Cardio day. Once a week, do a day of cardio. I hate cardio. But I need to get rid of my substantial middle section. Once a week do something cardio-ish. Half an hour on the exercise bike, go for a walk and so on and so forth. Something. Anything. Not much, but a start.

Now, watcha gonna do, Brother and/or sister, when Kong-a-Mania runs wild on you?!

200.gif

3 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Now, watcha gonna do, Brother and/or sister, when Kong-a-Mania runs wild on you?!

Possibly just make fun of you for ripping up a perfectly good shirt.

What's are your plans for this functional fitness? Sticking with stronglifts?

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

Possibly just make fun of you for ripping up a perfectly good shirt.

What's are your plans for this functional fitness? Sticking with stronglifts?

For now, yes. Going to look into what else I can start doing in preparation for the next challenge. Maybe that should be part of my challenge this month.

Well this has been a bit of a damp squib so far. Whether it's my new medication, an increasingly uncomfortable mattress or just depression creeping back, unwelcomed, into my life, I've been feeling tired, lethargic and unmotivated. I've been to the gym just twice in the last 2 weeks. I need to get a grip and find my fire again.

6 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Made it back into the gym yesterday and I'm aching despite taking it relatively easy. I think I'll have to change my goals for this challenge - to simply making sure I get back to going regularly.

I'm in the exact same situation - I have to teach myself to just get the gym all over again. Weird how comfortable that couch gets in the evenings...

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28