ixaera dishes out the beats~

freck

Wow, that sounds like a really decent workout.

Also, I now have drumming song by Florence stuck in my head, which is pretty impressive given that I only read the title and didn't listen to it (there's no speakers on my work computer :apathy:).

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

12 hours ago, Jarric said:

Wow, that sounds like a really decent workout.

Also, I now have drumming song by Florence stuck in my head, which is pretty impressive given that I only read the title and didn't listen to it (there's no speakers on my work computer :apathy:).

WAS IT EVER. Wow so sore. Wow.

Flo is one of my top 5's for real <3 Her stuff is just SO GOOD

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1 Day two

1. Gym Tyme

Just some easy elliptical while reading. 30 Minutes, and I sweated, but only because there's apparently no a/c in there??? And summer is just starting here in Texas, I walked outside hoping for a cool April breeze and got denied by the spectre of May instead.

2. Fail. 1 Monster, 2 coke zero. No lifesavers still at least. (Full disclosure, I had ONE single life saver during week zero.)

Reason for failure: yesterday was leg day and I had to get up earlier than normal for a Tuesday. Waking up after leg day is hard even when I can sleep in, so getting up at 6:15 was fairly cruel. In response I had a caramel macchiato, a monster, 2 coke zeros, then finally said NO, NO MORE and just was tired.

Guess I need to TRACK this

1/2

3. Less successful. I'm a dedicated support for a particular product which is rolling out a new version of said product to our 60 clients, which we're converting MORE or less one by one, and on conversion days, product brings DONUTS from a specialty donut place that's amazing (Hurts Donuts). I had two halves. One was half of a fruity pebble cake donut, and the other was half of an especially impressive chocolate cake donut. The catered lunch I did fine. I had salad, guacamole, chicken fajitas, and black beans. I brought a snack of veggies with ranch dip which I ate half of around 4 PM, but I was still hungry so I nabbed flamin' hot cheetohs. Definitely wanting to do better than this, but I'm not at all sure how to ignore Hurts Donuts. Tomorrow there will be bagels though.

4. potato (1) and egg (1) taco then guacamole (1) salad (1) beans (1) chicken (1) mixed dipping raw veggies (1)

Points so far: 13

A surprising amount of points for a day with a donut and cheetohs

5. Skipping today I need to turn off because there's yet another conversion day tomorrow. They are very draining.

Week 1:  1/5

:)

Spoiler

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

sounds like you did just fine getting in your veggies/lean protein and also ENJOYING SPECIALTY DONUTS! that's a win in all books :D 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

5 hours ago, MikeW said:

Oooh Hurts is not that far from my work! I might need to look into this!

Speaking of DONUTS, you ever had Hypnotic?

YOU DO and I will not be held responsible for the results haha

(They are super good donuts, I had another today it was sprinkles with a cookie in there????)

Have not even HEARD of hypnotic and I see the google note says "known for chicken biscuits" nice. It is actually super far from me though, so I think I'm safe. If I'm in that area though I will definitely check them out.

11 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sounds like you did just fine getting in your veggies/lean protein and also ENJOYING SPECIALTY DONUTS! that's a win in all books :D 

tenor.gif?itemid=4172168

(I keep going over my "mini" cut calories because of stuff like this, but at least I'm not blowing around well over maintenance like I was, so there's that.)

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1 Day three

tenor.gif?itemid=7852376

1. Gym Tyme

Same as yesterday. 30 minutes, easy setting on the elliptical while IMing and reading. I didn't have the energy for anything tougher, even though I did start out wanting to increase the difficulty on cardio somewhat.

2. One coke zero :3

2/3

3. Awful. I totally partook of the bagel and the donut and the brownie and the caramel macchiato AND the ice cream. ... yeah.

4. there were potentially vegetables in the wrap I ate for lunch (1)

Points so far: 14

Yeah. :( Sorry fam

5. I need to skip today too

And let's talk. I wanna talk about something, but I have to somehow say it all fast b/c I'm so VERY tired and I want to go to bed for the last two hours and I still have to give the cat her subq fluids. I've been talking about my challenges like "well when I get settled in" "I'm still pretty stressed right now" and I mean, I got sick and I semi-suspect I might have made myself sick by pushing myself too hard (not sure, I'm REALLY lazy but not always about everything, so who knows)

What I'm saying is I'm growing concerned that my pool of available resources to do things has been shrinking and I've been blaming a new job, stress, this, that, and whatever, but maybe It's A Thing. I'm hypothyroid so obviously that thought is hovering... maybe I'm becoming symptomatic? I've never had a symptom except for the tiny goiter that got me diagnosed in the first place. I had my levels checked two weeks ago by routine, thought they actually might find something, but it was just normal-high. 

But here's life for me: 3x in a workweek I wake up at 6:10 (sometimes a small snooze), go to the gym, do the thing, then I go to work where I am in the building for 9ish hours and work about 8 of them, sometimes up to 10, depends, usually just the eight though. Then I come home from this and can squeeze out maybe two chores and some internet (including this) before just stopping because ughhhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't say "can't" but it's definitely a stopping point where continuing feels terrible. The other two days I GENERALLY sleep in more (not this particular week though), but we're talking 10-11 hours of sleep on those days, after which I do the work thing again, then 30 minutes on the elliptical. This has mostly been a super easy cardio, almost like the equivalent of a light jog, it's so minor. Then I go home, it's about 8 when I get home, and still again I just am ready for bedtime already.

I get almost nothing personal done on weekdays aside from fitness stuff. On weekends I just wanna recover from all that so I don't get a lot done then either. 

I'm totally unsure if it's just that I'm still adjusting to new hours/job/etc or if there's something more to this. I just can't help but think of people who do all this and have kids too and actually keep their house not disgusting and feel like a giant lazy bum, not that I have ever been much of a housekeeper in the first place.

Anyway, song?

Spoiler

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Sounds like you're pretty busy to me, spending 9 hours+ each day at work and working out every day. There's only time for so much else, and if you're spending a lot of time in the gym you need a lot of recovery to go with it.

It's easy to look at other people and think they've got everything together, but unless you get a full breakdown of their week like you've given here you never actually know what else they've got on their plate, or where they have time that you don't. It sounds to me like you have actually got things pretty together, in a pretty busy lifestyle.

• Like 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

I'm totally unsure if it's just that I'm still adjusting to new hours/job/etc or if there's something more to this. I just can't help but think of people who do all this and have kids too and actually keep their house not disgusting and feel like a giant lazy bum, not that I have ever been much of a housekeeper in the first place.

I feel this way sometimes too.  Often I feel I don't do as much as others, like I'll read others daily descriptions and I'm like whoa nelly HOW, while over here I'm happy to have been at the gym for 45 minutes this morning and survived a workday and gotten home without falling asleep on the couch yet.  I know for a fact that I run like Hot Trash City on anything less than 8 hours of sleep, but my partner generally runs like a hyper efficient machine on 6, which would leave me in the dirt.  Sleep takes up a lot of my time that I could be doing other things (???) but I HAVE to or else I wouldn't be able to do anything so.... Energy levels differ a lot between people so that's A Thing, and there's just... so many variables.

TL;DR I guess we just do the best we can with what we have, even if (especially if) it's different from everyone else's best.

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

54 minutes ago, shaar said:

TL;DR I guess we just do the best we can with what we have, even if (especially if) it's different from everyone else's best.

It should be different. We're different people, living in different circumstances.... our best and worst, and how we deal with them, should be different too.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

YOU ARE BUSY. and if you're feeling like this, you are or maybe have been doing too much for awhile. like others have said, you can't compare to others who may have kids and it looks like they still do all the same things as you. your body has it's own needs that are in no way dependent on others!

i suggest a break which you probably won't like. but maybe even just shorter gym times so that you can sleep in an extra 15 minutes or take your time in the morning/night. it sounds like you're body and mind are sending you signals and we would all hate to see you get injured or sick again. <3 give yourself some love and appreciation for all you've been accomplishing!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

What I'm saying is I'm growing concerned that my pool of available resources to do things has been shrinking and I've been blaming a new job, stress, this, that, and whatever, but maybe It's A Thing. I'm hypothyroid so obviously that thought is hovering... maybe I'm becoming symptomatic? I've never had a symptom except for the tiny goiter that got me diagnosed in the first place. I had my levels checked two weeks ago by routine, thought they actually might find something, but it was just normal-high. 

But here's life for me: 3x in a workweek I wake up at 6:10 (sometimes a small snooze), go to the gym, do the thing, then I go to work where I am in the building for 9ish hours and work about 8 of them, sometimes up to 10, depends, usually just the eight though. Then I come home from this and can squeeze out maybe two chores and some internet (including this) before just stopping because ughhhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't say "can't" but it's definitely a stopping point where continuing feels terrible. The other two days I GENERALLY sleep in more (not this particular week though), but we're talking 10-11 hours of sleep on those days, after which I do the work thing again, then 30 minutes on the elliptical. This has mostly been a super easy cardio, almost like the equivalent of a light jog, it's so minor. Then I go home, it's about 8 when I get home, and still again I just am ready for bedtime already.

I get almost nothing personal done on weekdays aside from fitness stuff. On weekends I just wanna recover from all that so I don't get a lot done then either. 

Spoiler alert:

This is my life as well. 3x a week wakeup time is 5AM, bedtime is 11PM, otherwise wakeup time is 7AM and I generally get home around 6:30PM. By the time I get home in the case of the latter, I have to take a nap before completing dinner--sometimes I'm gunning for Martha Stewart by doing half of the work before the nap. Weekends are Saturday = gym, Sunday = drag myself out of bed to cycle laundry and make dinner when I'd rather just lie in bed the whole day. It's why I made the "please clean SOMETHING" goal this month. 

You're normal. And once again if you're like me you get through fitness days being goosed by energy from either having been to the gym or having something else to do after work, otherwise the end of the days are guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh. 

And new job feels? I do believe my situation was unnecessarily bad because of non-leadership, but I spent half a year getting my ducks in a row at the gym where it was awkward going in early in the mornings during the fall and do you remember how fun January through April was? It was fun. All the struggle, none of the progress. You aren't just using the new job thing as a crutch, it's a lot of stress and often a total lifestyle change. It needs to be treated as such IMHO.

• Like 5

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

You're normal. And once again if you're like me you get through fitness days being goosed by energy from either having been to the gym or having something else to do after work, otherwise the end of the days are guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh. 

And new job feels? I do believe my situation was unnecessarily bad because of non-leadership, but I spent half a year getting my ducks in a row at the gym where it was awkward going in early in the mornings during the fall and do you remember how fun January through April was? It was fun. All the struggle, none of the progress. You aren't just using the new job thing as a crutch, it's a lot of stress and often a total lifestyle change. It needs to be treated as such IMHO.

QFT

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

As always, wise Urgan is wise.

New job stress is A THING...for a long time!  Plus your body is recovering like whoa from some real stuff. 

I think that after we started lifting, we really start to "know" our bodies better, so when we are injured/sick/tired we feel it more.  But that's a good thing, really!  Because we can recover when we need to...even if it is frustrating. 

Enjoy this cat...that the giphy says is also wise. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

If it helps, Wednesday was definitely an energy valley. I'm still tired but much less fully exhausted today. <3 y'alls 

If I keep dipping into 'can do nothing' zone I may still go see a new doc about the thyroid, but since it's manageable sometimes, I'ma see if maybe it's not vitamin D? I'll start tracking that.

Thanks for the insight, I think my takeaway is that this is somewhere in the area of normal for how much I do, which is a lot of strength building and a fuckin' new job that's actually really challenging 

Week 1 Days 4 & 5

1. Gym Tyme

Thursday I did bench

this amounted to a 2x1 at 90 lbs and a 1x3 at 90 lbs. Four reps would have been a PR, but it woulda been sketchy even with a spot.

Did actual bodyweight dips for a 5x2 (first time doing unassisted)

Some incline presses for a 3x10 at 40 lbs

And Cable tricep push downs for a 2x8 and 1x12 at 40 lbs. 

Then I had to gooooo because there was a 9:30 work meeting (though I was just remoting in, I still had to get to a spot where I could)

TODAY was deadlifts :)

3x5 at 113 lbs (oly bar is why weird weight)

3x5 pull ups with orange band + 2 bodyweight ones in a row

3xfar frame walk. Trainer thinks the frame weighs my weight, but I don't know. Feels more like 85 lbs to me. (Empty)

Bodyweight circuit w/ back extensions, inverted rows, and ab wheels, no rest between sets

2. Thursday yes, today I sucked

3/5

3. No bueno, not even worth talking about. let's just say brownies and cupcakes and leave it at that. At least today there was no non-breaded chicken option and I had kale and no bread?????

4. Thursday: egg (1) in a taco, veggie tray (1), turkey (1) | Friday: egg (1) omelet with veggie (1) and fruit (1) and kale salad (1) with more fruit (1)

Points so far: 22

Meh

5. Not doing so great here.

On the upswing, hoping for some good productivity this weekend (but I also have GAMES to play you guys). Feeling good about work, I support a product wherein a new version is rolling out, so bugs on the old version aren't happening, and I had a customer unable to use a thing for one user. Normally a dev ticket would go in, but since a new version is due in a month and they were super mad at me :( (there's really not much I can do....) I decided to expend time digging around in the test environment trying to break it and digging in the source code trying to track down the unexpected token bug. 

Annnnnd I did it. I found the viewbag call and the variable that it was calling so I could figure out why the code didn't like it for that one user. (The answer is double quotes.) I can't fix the code, but I can at least tell them what they can have their user do in the meantime so they can use the product.

yay me

Ok here's song

Spoiler

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

If it helps, Wednesday was definitely an energy valley. I'm still tired but much less fully exhausted today. <3 y'alls 

If I keep dipping into 'can do nothing' zone I may still go see a new doc about the thyroid, but since it's manageable sometimes, I'ma see if maybe it's not vitamin D? I'll start tracking that.

How bout dem Bs? I found taking an additional B Complex helps daytime energy levels at least.

5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Thanks for the insight, I think my takeaway is that this is somewhere in the area of normal for how much I do, which is a lot of strength building and a fuckin' new job that's actually really challenging 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

On 4/27/2018 at 11:50 PM, ixaera said:

Do you take vitamin D already? Pretty much everyone north of Arizona can benefit from a vit D sup.

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On the upswing, hoping for some good productivity this weekend (but I also have GAMES to play you guys).

THIS IS THE REAL FEEL RIGHT HERE

yay me

YAY YOU FOR REAL.  Work victories should be in a whole separate class of glorious achievements.

8 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

Hi IX! I just caught up on your thread... looks like you're getting the hang of the new gig! I'm glad the DJ theme is persisting. And for the record I agree with everyone's vitamin takes. B Complex + D is good.

AHAHA OH MAN this is the best username ever.

STAY A WHILE

And listen~ ~ ~

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

On 4/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, Urgan said:

How bout dem Bs? I found taking an additional B Complex helps daytime energy levels at least.

11 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Do you take vitamin D already? Pretty much everyone north of Arizona can benefit from a vit D sup.

So, things slip my mind a lot lately (HAHAHA ya think) and I used to be super low on vit D and take 5000 IUs a day, and then lowered to a nice OTC 2000 IU supplement. That. I. Forgot. To. Take. For. Four. Weeks.

hahahahaha

no big deal right?

Guys why are youtube embeds so BIG

Anyway, NOT mentioned there is that vit D plays a role in thyroid hormone processing. 

I'm starting by just re-applying vitamin D to the mouth hole and seeing where that goes. In the next six months I'll be replacing the PCP regardless, though.

9 hours ago, shaar said:

STAY A WHILE

And listen~ ~ ~

Stay a while and listen (to iron plates crashing on the floor as I DROP THEM LIKE BEATS/BEETS)

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1 Days 6 & 7 (Sat/Sun)

1. Gym Tyme

Nothing Saturday.

Sunday I was all about heavy shoulders/arms cuz I never go heavy (at trainer's suggestion, but I don't really WANT a trainer anymore so I'm gonna finish out his contract and just go back to my thing), but I wanted to mix it up so I did:

4x2 at 55 lbs on OHP

1x3 at 55 lbs on OHP

I failed at 60 lbs, this is part of why I wanna fire trainer, he doesn't wanna focus this at all. His idea of what will eff with my back is very like, well this is what I read online/in a book and my stupid back has consistently resisted that sorta thing, so

5x1 pull up singles (neutral grip) 90 seconds in between each rep

This is one good thing my trainer has done, is get me into pullups. 

5x8 T-bar rows, 55 lbs, 60 lbs, 65 lbs, 2x70 lbs

Super set

2x8 15 lbs hammer curls

1x8 12 lbs

2x8 10 lbs lateral raises

1x8 8 lbs

Yep, I PR'd on frickin' curls, why not

2. Saturday yes, Sunday no

4/7

3. No work, so not applicable

4. Saturday: a big poke bowl (2); Sunday: veggie (1) omelet (1) chicken (1) salad (1)

Points so far: 28

need to pick up the pace. 

5. I maybe thought about it a bit, but not enough to count

Week 1:  1/7

My weekend was good. Saturday I mostly played video games vOv (Been playing a lot of Dark & Light because I gotta tame those boars if I want MUSHROOMS). I drank red wine and goofed off with online friends. Sunday I did SOME cleaning (not much honestly), played more, then went to a family thingo (my Marine nephew (no he is not a merman) is heading back to duty this week)

Spoiler

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 2 Day 1

1. Gym Tyme

"Deload not deload" Monday, whatever that means.

3x5 95 lbs box squats. Not much work.

3xfar prowler pushes with 100 lbs added, and we accused gym guy of waxing the bottom of the sled (he swears he didn't). Maybe it's to do with temperature, humidity, and the metal.

3x20 walking lunges with 20 lbs

Bodyweight circuit of 10x each of inverted rows, back extensions and side planks (planks for 30 seconds)

Trainer is always like "FULL ROM" on back extensions how many flippin' times do I have to tell this guy my lumbar does not do flexion without CONSEQUENCES. NO. Dude. This is how you get your booty fired. You'd think he'd have learned from the reverse hypers?

2. No :(

4/8

3. Very well today. For lunch we had On The Border catered, so peeps be loading up on tacos and whatnot. I grabbed about 3-4oz of fajita chicken meats, smothered it in about 2 tbsp guac, then put a 1/3 cup rice with 1/3 cup beans and .5 oz cheese for a filling and not at all bad meal. I only snagged ONE treat today, which was a bag of Tapatio Doritos which are rare at work and too delicious to pass up. I ALSO have finally replaced my daily caramel macchiato with plain black tea.

4. veggie (1) omelet(1) with fruit (1) chicken (1) black beans and guac (1) broccoli with the super light yogurt ranch dip (1)

Points so far: 34

good day

I SAID GOOD DAY

5. Scribbled a bit about one of the supporting characters.

Week 1:  1/7

Week 2: 1/7

Do you ever feel like people say "you're super smart" because secretly you're mentally challenged and no one wants to tell you?

Anyway I do

Spoiler

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

10 hours ago, ixaera said:

this is part of why I wanna fire trainer, he doesn't wanna focus this at all. His idea of what will eff with my back is very like, well this is what I read online/in a book and my stupid back has consistently resisted that sorta thing, so

I'm totally in favor of firing unhelpful trainers. I had one a couple of summers ago. I did finish my paid for sessions but then peace-d out after that. And I think possible risk of injury is an even more 100% legit reason to leave him in the dust.

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Trainer is always like "FULL ROM" on back extensions how many flippin' times do I have to tell this guy my lumbar does not do flexion without CONSEQUENCES. NO. Dude. This is how you get your booty fired. You'd think he'd have learned from the reverse hypers?

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

4. veggie (1) omelet(1) with fruit (1) chicken (1) black beans and guac (1) broccoli with the super light yogurt ranch dip (1)

Points so far: 34

good day

I SAID GOOD DAY

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1