• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Lateral Planet

Lateral Planet: New Rules

Recommended Posts

On 5/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, Lateral Planet said:

It's a lovely stormy day here but I have a plan. Will wait to see if it dries up enough for walkies later, and if not that's fine because puppy had a good one yesterday and Fiancé will be out with friends so I've got plenty of space and no audience for an indoor bodyweight workout. I don't know why I get self-conscious about exercises but I just feel silly. Will tackle that issue another time, but in the meantime I can work around it.

 

The feeling silly makes sense to me. I do the same thing. Hubby understands and doesn't judge, but I still feel better being in another room, being out of sight when I do them. I have also noticed I tend to not do anything that "sounds" loud either (aka, panting, jumping ect) because again, I feel silly. I am working on it, but I would rather do it alone too.

 

On 5/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, Lateral Planet said:

Also I've already decided it's pizza for dinner. Often when Fiancé has his poker night I'll cook fish for myself but I'm really not in the mood for cooking today and it's literally been months since I had pizza. But to counterbalance that I had fruit for breakfast and I'll have salad for lunch, and have resolved not to have ice cream later. So by planning ahead I'm allowing myself an unhealthy pleasure without going off the rails like I did on Wednesday. It's gonna be good!

 

This sounds like a great plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

The feeling silly makes sense to me. I do the same thing. Hubby understands and doesn't judge, but I still feel better being in another room, being out of sight when I do them. I have also noticed I tend to not do anything that "sounds" loud either (aka, panting, jumping ect) because again, I feel silly. I am working on it, but I would rather do it alone too.

That's exactly it! Annoyingly, only one room in our house is heated so if I want to do any workouts in the next few months I'm going to have to get over it soon ;)

 

Today was good, 4/5. It was very overcast so it was nice and cool for our run this morning and we managed a good time for 5K. The upshot of starting work in the afternoon is there's time for a sleep-in AND a walk in the morning. And the people at work gobbled up all baked stuff I made yesterday so I couldn't have too much myself.

 

Probably won't achieve much exercise in the next couple of days. I'll be doing loads of overtime and probably will just want to go straight to bed when I get home. But I have plenty of good stuff organised for my meals, so that's something!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lateral Planet said:

That's exactly it! Annoyingly, only one room in our house is heated so if I want to do any workouts in the next few months I'm going to have to get over it soon ;)

 

Good luck getting over it. We have multiple rooms with heat, so I can kinda hide, but with my Knees to Elbows Hubby has been kinda turning around with this "are you okay" thing since I am 2 rooms away and I guess he can hear me?? Not making it any easier to do those.

 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lateral Planet said:

Today was good, 4/5. It was very overcast so it was nice and cool for our run this morning and we managed a good time for 5K. The upshot of starting work in the afternoon is there's time for a sleep-in AND a walk in the morning. And the people at work gobbled up all baked stuff I made yesterday so I couldn't have too much myself.

 

Glad to hear the day went well and you got to sleep in and wal kin the mornings.

 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lateral Planet said:

Probably won't achieve much exercise in the next couple of days. I'll be doing loads of overtime and probably will just want to go straight to bed when I get home. But I have plenty of good stuff organised for my meals, so that's something!

 

Good luck with the overtime. it sounds like you have a good plan in place for dealing with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW OK so I really dropped the ball last week. I think generally I did OK but, like a fool, I didn't actually write anything down so I have nothing to back that up. I definitely managed to pack a good lunch every day and I did exercise three times last week, but everything else fell by the wayside a fair bit.

 

But I'm back for Week 4 and ready to end this challenge on a high note! Today is pretty good, at 4/5; went for a nice run but I've had quite a bit of sugar so I can't claim a total victory. My main task for this week is to come up with a decent plan to better handle those busy weeks, since I have a few more coming up and they really seem to throw me off this whole healthy living thing. Like, overtime money is good, but not at the expense of my health and wellbeing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a bit fed up of hovering around 80kg. I was back up to 82 this morning. It's frustrating alternating good weeks and bad weeks; what I need is a bunch of good weeks in a row to get me well under that mark.

 

At some point soon I need to review some of my previous challenges and revisit some of the strategies that really worked for me. I feel like I was on such a roll for the first couple of months this year but it's really waned lately. The main things to resurrect are food tracking and bodyweight exercises; they'll get me where I need to be the most efficiently.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is week 4 going? And I understand the frustration of hoving around a number. I have been doing that longer than I want to admit. I don't think your as off your game as you think, I think its become such a habit, its not showing as dramatic of changes. time to revisit and make sure you are completely on track.

Good luck. I am rooting for you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 3:25 PM, Lateral Planet said:

Getting a bit fed up of hovering around 80kg. I was back up to 82 this morning. It's frustrating alternating good weeks and bad weeks; what I need is a bunch of good weeks in a row to get me well under that mark.

 

At some point soon I need to review some of my previous challenges and revisit some of the strategies that really worked for me. I feel like I was on such a roll for the first couple of months this year but it's really waned lately. The main things to resurrect are food tracking and bodyweight exercises; they'll get me where I need to be the most efficiently.

Yeah, I don't really like food tracking, but I feel like it helps me too much to try to not track right now :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 10:19 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

How is week 4 going? And I understand the frustration of hoving around a number. I have been doing that longer than I want to admit. I don't think your as off your game as you think, I think its become such a habit, its not showing as dramatic of changes. time to revisit and make sure you are completely on track.

Good luck. I am rooting for you

Thanks for checking in! Lately I haven't been as engaged in the forum as I would like. Week 4 has been a bit mixed. I've managed to exercise and bring lunch to work but the rest hasn't been too successful. At least this week I was more aware of my challenges, as opposed to week 3, in which I totally ignored them!

 

You're right, it's probably not as bad as I think, but I haven't actually been tracking things properly the last couple of weeks so I don't have any evidence either way (my memory is terrible!) A new tracking method is needed for next challenge!

 

20 hours ago, Tateman said:

Yeah, I don't really like food tracking, but I feel like it helps me too much to try to not track right now :)

I agree, it's a bit of a pain but so useful and informative! My main mistake this challenge has been a failure to be mindful of what I was eating. Like I'd just grab a biscuit and then be like, "Oh hang on, I was trying to avoid snacks, wasn't I?" and then have another anyway. I had a good time tracking in a previous challenge, so I think it's time to resurrect that habit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been non-stop this weekend! Mostly not directly fitness related but general getting-my-life-together related, which supports the fitness side of things.

 

I made a big batch of pumpkin soup and some spaghetti bolognaise to eat at work next week. We also did a major clean-up of our kitchen cupboard, getting rid of not only a plague of weevils but also several items that were past their use-by date, which also happened to include a lot of junk food. It was a heck of a chore but so satisfying!

 

I also finished the first season of Zombies Run today, also very satisfying to have gotten so far. Honestly if you'd told 15-year-old me that I'd one day enjoy running she'd never believe you. Sadly I'm not going to get a chance to do any more til next weekend.

 

I'm going to focus my next challenge on nutrition, since my last mainly-nutrition challenge went so well. Also, I'm going to be doing a lot of overtime in the next month or so, so my time and energy for exercise will be limited, but I can still put lots of energy into making sure I eat well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 2:35 AM, Lateral Planet said:

I also finished the first season of Zombies Run today, also very satisfying to have gotten so far. Honestly if you'd told 15-year-old me that I'd one day enjoy running she'd never believe you. Sadly I'm not going to get a chance to do any more til next weekend.

Nice job finishing. I have had this same thought to myself. When I was in middle school, the last thing I ever wanted to do was run, or do anything like that. Though I did play baseball. Now though, I want to be able to do that stuff. I want to run. I want to be able to do a pull up. If only my younger self wanted these things, I could be doing them all now ;)

 

Good luck next challenge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tateman said:

Nice job finishing. I have had this same thought to myself. When I was in middle school, the last thing I ever wanted to do was run, or do anything like that. Though I did play baseball. Now though, I want to be able to do that stuff. I want to run. I want to be able to do a pull up. If only my younger self wanted these things, I could be doing them all now ;)

 

Good luck next challenge.

Thanks!! I know just what you mean, if only I'd started sooner! But there's nothing to be gained from regret. Our future selves will be pleased we started at all :D Good luck to you too!

 

I've started a thread for my next one here:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 12:42 PM, Tateman said:

Nice job finishing. I have had this same thought to myself. When I was in middle school, the last thing I ever wanted to do was run, or do anything like that. Though I did play baseball. Now though, I want to be able to do that stuff. I want to run. I want to be able to do a pull up. If only my younger self wanted these things, I could be doing them all now ;)

 

 

All of this is true. Young me said "exercise is dumb, why do it, I will be like this forever" me now thinks young me was an idiot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

All of this is true. Young me said "exercise is dumb, why do it, I will be like this forever" me now thinks young me was an idiot.

Young me had second helpings almost every dinnertime and exaggerated her asthma symptoms to get out of PE, and yet never gained a kilo. Sadly, this is no longer true!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Young me had second helpings almost every dinnertime and exaggerated her asthma symptoms to get out of PE, and yet never gained a kilo. Sadly, this is no longer true!!

 

See I was of the "Oh, I will never gain weight and can eat what I want" And was also told I was a clutz and would hurt myself so it didn't make me want to do sports or anything. Breaking an arm in PE didn't help that notion.

 

I was pretty dense as a kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now