"You don't need to be stronger. You HAVE to. Because, when people need you, you have to save them." - Soraya to Drake (AA) (Challenge)

Training with Soraya won’t be easy. She is REALLY tough on me. Does she understand that I am just a human? Either way, I need to focus on the task ahead. This is a great opportunity for me and I will not let it pass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there. We are back once again to take this new challenge. I learned a lot from my past ones. I want to have new experiences and adventures. Want to join me?

MAIN QUEST

-          Attend to the Puerto Rico Comic-Con with a costume on May 20, 2018.

I have never attended any convention. This will be my first time and my wife and I will go with Star Wars inspired costumes. She will be dressed as Jedi Rapunzel and I will have a soldier/civilian Jedi costume. This will be fun and I hope we can fulfill the goal of going together.

1st SUPPORT QUEST (Fitness)

-          Learn to Deadlift properly.

I am not Deadlifting yet. Is a great exercise that I want to perform the right way. I will concentrate my efforts on learning the ropes and studying the proper form.

2nd SUPPORT QUEST (Professional)

-          Train the new Quality Inspector.

A new inspector has been hired and it is my responsibility to prepare her for her new job.

3rd SUPPORT QUEST (Entertainment)

-          Finish my costume and props.

I’m making some props and designing a simple costume for the Comic-con. I need to complete it properly.

4th SUPPORT QUEST (Weight Loss)

-          Get under 245 lbs.

I’m making progress in the weight loss department. This quest will help me to set a goal to the end of this challenge

Special Announcements:

-       As a long goal, my family is planning to visit Florida in December. I’m saving money for that trip and making all of the necessary adjustments early.

-       Also, the random mishaps will keep on appearing.

Garrus Vakarian: Do you ever miss those talks we had on the elevators?

Tali'Zorah: No.

Garrus Vakarian: Come on. Remember how we'd always ask you about life on the flotilla? It was an opportunity to share!

Tali'Zorah: This conversation is over.

Garrus Vakarian: Tell me again about your immune system.

Tali'Zorah: I have a shotgun.

Garrus Vakarian: Mmmmaybe we'll talk later.

-       Mass Effect 2

#Success

• Like 7

A peaceful but ominous hum filled the air in the early morning. Sudden low sounds could be heard around the ship into his room. It was a cozy bed and the temperature was just right. For being a cabin at 30 000 feet, it was perfect.

Besides all of this, Drake tried to sleep but his mind was racing with images of events. Memories of Thomas make him sad. He was living his best friend dream of finally being free from that orphanage into a brand-new world. In a way, Thomas was free but, he missed him greatly. His eyes watered and without realizing it, he dozes off.

The silence got pierce by a booming sound. Drake opened his eyes and jumped off to his side. There, at the entrance, Soraya stood menacingly looking at him. His heart was pounding fiercely.

-          Let’s go lost boy. – she said with her normal volume

-          You almost killed me. Are you…

-          Gym. 10 minutes. – she interrupted walking away

The door closed. He looked at the clock. It was 4:30 am. Drake got up, took a quick shower and ran away to the gym.

The gym was massive. Huge walls make it look like a big cube. Machines where at the sides everywhere and a large sparring area in the center.

Soraya was at one side of the center mat with a staff. All of her hair was tied in a big ponytail. Her clothing was different from her battle clothes and her pale skin contrasted heavily with her red hair. He walked up to her wondering what was going to be the first training.

-          So, are we going to run around? – he said looking at the machines – I have never used this type of equipment but I’m pretty sure I can manage.

With a sudden move, Soraya hit him square in the chest with the staff.

Drake flew back a couple feet landing violently at the side of the mat. He felt dizzy for a couple of seconds while trying to recover. His chest was on fire and the landing shook him bad.

A voice came through the speakers.

-          Soraya, please. – said Harry concerned.

-          He will be alright. – she responded indifferently.

Harry was in a top room watching hoping that Drake was ok.

Drake recovered slowly.

-          What? – he tried to elaborate touching his chest – I wasn’t ready!

-          So? – unapologetic walked over to him.

-          This is supposed to be training! – he gasps – What are we…

His sentence got cut short as she kicked him over the side with great force. Drake landed heavily again. His ribs took the impact and left him breathless.

He rose slowly as Soraya was walking towards him.

-          ARE YOU INSANE? – he shouted – I am not a Vamparean! I don’t have quick regen like you.

She continued walking towards him without saying a word. Her eyes set on him. She took a leap forward and front kicked him.

Drake moved his arms in front and stop the kick from hitting his chest. The force behind the kick pushed him back but he kept his ground without falling.

Soraya looked at him for a second. He shook his arms after the hit and stood ready in case of another attack.

-          Now we can train. – she said walking away with a chuckle.

URWWxgY.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looking forward to this challenge, I see all of my progress so far. At the moment, I'm 60 pounds off. That's a huge accomplishment. I have been going at it correctly and I feel proud of the results. Sharing my experiences here too is great and I love reading about all of your accomplishments. I hope we can continue sharing to help each other go forward at any goals you might have.

#Success

• Like 5

Excellent goals, all with an end reward in mind: the convention! Enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Hello there.

MAIN QUEST

I have the tickets. The plan is coming along nicely. Now, we see what will happen that day. I will take photos… of course.

/Insert fanfare/

Yesterday I did my first ever sumo deadlift. I started with 95lbs (includes bar) and progressed to 145lbs for 4 sets. I had someone coaching me and he said my form was correct and posture was on point. Now, I’m inserting deadlift to my workout routine every Monday with back and legs exercises. I’m really pumped about it!

7malk.gif?w=650

I started the inspector training. She’s a little slow but seems to understand the concept so, I will raise the level so she can pick up the pace. 

I stopped working on this because of laziness. Now, I need to finish painting and mount the Lightsaber. I got a little hiccup with the on/off switch placement but, I got it now.

Last night I was in 249lbs. I have been having some cravings so I need to reinforce my commitment. Not lacking off here! 

Special Announcements:

-       Join Crime at Verne’s Manor. Is a fun roleplay/story with lots of turns and investigation.

• Like 4

I have been keeping tabs on my challenge but my job wants to keep me away from you guys… I’m kidding. Job is ok. Let me get you up to speed.

MAIN QUEST

I got the tickets and, thank everything holy, I finally have a car I can take with my family. Transportation as a huge problem and my sister lend me her old car so, I got some wheels. This helps me with my daily job.

<< What to add a dare for me here? Reply below to see if it can be done! >>

tumblr_n1xsjucXNb1rmb5x9o7_400.gif

Yeah. I do this. I successfully integrated deadlift into my workout. I have been working in maintaining a proper for and, I got to say, I see some proper leg gains. Quads are looking fine and I’m improving in my deadlift weight. Huzzah! 

TbjaTK.gif

Her training is going swiftly. I feel she is grasping the information and the job pretty well.

<< A dare here? I don’t think so. >>

19af005678ls2gif.gif

I’m slowly doing it but I will go at it hard this Sunday because I need to finish everything as soon as possible. Ill post some pics about my props and stuff.

QztnX5.gif

I’m at 249lbs (give it or take). My past week was not completely under control food wise but, by keeping my workouts strong, I can keep control on the process. I hope to keep tabs more often about my food intake to ensue my weight loss.

anigif_original-grid-image-9796-14211687

Special Announcements:

-       I will post more Soraya’s Training soon.

-             I’m using old cloths because my regulars look weird on me. There are starting to look too big on me

Garrus: Alright, my turn. What's the first order an Alliance commander gives at the start of combat?

Joker: Uh... I give up.

Garrus: (chuckles) Correct.

Joker: Ohohoh... alright, big guy. What do you call it when a turian gets killed by a horrible spiky monster?

Garrus: Friendly fire - come on, that one goes back to Shanxi!

Joker: Well, you gotta respect the classics!

Garrus: How many humans does it take to activate a dormant mass relay?

Joker: (exasperated) 602. 600 to vote on it, one to ask the asari for technical help and one to request a seat on the Council afterwards. How do you know when a turian is out of ammo?

Garrus: He switches to the stick up his ass as a backup weapon. Why does the Alliance hire pilots... with brittle bone disease?

Joker: Y... you're shittin' me! The turian military has one about me?

Garrus: Oh, absolutely. I heard it myself from a private back on Palaven.

Joker: Okay, why does the Alliance hire pilots with brittle bone disease?

Garrus: So that their marines can beat someone in hand-to-hand drills.

Joker: ...damn, you need to tell James that one. Hey, what's the hardest part about treating a turian who took a rocket to one side of his face?

Garrus: (deadpan) Figuring out which side took the rocket.

-          Garrus and Joker (Mass Effect 3)

• Like 2

I have been off the grid from the forums. This training for my inspector has been hands-on and fast-paced. Anyway, I need to give you guys some content to keep my subscribers happy…

Ok, let’s do this!

MAIN QUEST

This is a done deal. We already planned everything for this next Sunday and we are pumped to go. 

giphy.gif

I already started deadlifting twice a week. I did sumo-deadlift and now I started conventional. I hope to keep adding weight soon enough since I’m pulling 170 lbs. x 10 in sumo and 145 lbs. x 12 in conventional. This is done!

VWvHOBv.gif

The training is going well. A lot of responsibility about this but, it is done too.

condev6b.gif

I finished the lightsaber (pics on The Training Post thread) but still need to finish painting my gun and making my gun belt.  

InexperiencedSomberAuk-size_restricted.g

I weight myself every day, 3 times a day (morning, afternoon and night). At the moment, I’m fluctuating between 243 lbs. up to 247 lbs. This has been going great for me and I’m really ecstatic about it.

tenor.gif

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: Shepard. Wanna drink? I'm toasting Miranda... I think.

Commander Shepard - Male: How are you getting drunk?

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: Very carefully. Turian brandy, triple filtered, then introduced into the suit through an emergency induction port.

Commander Shepard - Male: That's a straw, Tali.

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: Emergency induction port... It's actually getting a little harder to get it into the slot. I think that means it's working.

afbbed0ebc6f25fe4775289c0ba5ff36.gif

#Huzzah

• Like 2