Don't Panic Just Pole - April 17 to May 20

Don't Panic Just Pole

Build-On-PvP

Inspired by the awesome Cadavres Exquis PvP on Parallettes by @@mu and @Norgaard we're going to do a similar PvP here, just on the pole. The idea is to build a sequence together bit by bit, assembling moves one after the other into some form of choreografie. Should be fun :)

This is a video-based challenge in order to work but remember fun is the main goal, so while pretty lines are always pretty of course, they are not required at all, just because we share video :P 

How it works:

The first participant presents a single move (spin, climb, hold or dance move) on the pole or floor. The second participant reproduces it and adds another to it. And so on.

We'll focus on basic moves mostly as both @Mad Hatter and me have had a pole break for a while and are starting fresh again. Also adjustments for climbing injuries are totally legit ;) 

Rules:

• If a move or shape is too hard, an easier variation is totally acceptable and recommended. (like different hold or from the ground, etc)

• The exact same move cannot be used twice in the sequence. Or at least it needs to have some variation (for instance single long leg or forward instead of backward or from floor instead of standing, etc).

• The same person cannot contribute twice in a row.

Transitions from one move to another can be as long as needed in order to get into the new move nicely, but let's not overdo them unless they give a sneaky chance to wipe hands or catch breath ;) 

Let's try and train both sides equally throughout the sequence.

Pace will be about 1 new move / day.

If anyone would like to join us, just give us a shout, we'll be happy to include you :)

Let's go!

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

First move is a simple back knee hook spin (may be called different, but that's a pretty apt description I think)

1) back spin (knee hook)

@Mad Hatter you're up :)

• Like 2

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

13 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

while pretty lines are always pretty of course, they are not required at all,

Good because this has never been my strong suit haha. :P 

14 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Also adjustments for climbing injuries are totally legit ;) 

Haha excellent. :D:D 

16 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

@Mad Hatter you're up :)

Aaah looks like I'll be tidying the living room tomorrow. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, @mu said:

Yeaaaaaahhhh! so following up!

8 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

Don’t have a pole :(

but I’ll be cheering for the side!

Thank you :) Just imagine if you had one, you'd have to do the Parallettes PvP AND another one again :P you'd rock it, too, you would!

you bet!

You could be a total ninja, see

while we are at it....

this still blows my mind every time I see it. The guy is insanely strong :o 

21 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

this still blows my mind every time I see it. The guy is insanely strong :o

Holy what!!!?? that is AMAZING!

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I love those aikido pants :) (oh ok it wasn't the only thing I was staring at :lol: )

And second video, it looks like a chinese pole routine! must be very hard on a slidy pole. I love walks in the air, I never get tired of those! Beautiful!

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

56 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Holy what!!!?? that is AMAZING!

Right?!!!

41 minutes ago, @mu said:

I love those aikido pants :) (oh ok it wasn't the only thing I was staring at :lol: )

:lol:  I love how creative some acts are in general!

41 minutes ago, @mu said:

And second video, it looks like a chinese pole routine! must be very hard on a slidy pole. I love walks in the air, I never get tired of those! Beautiful!

I think it would even be hard on chinese pole. But yes slippery is a huge challenge, always.

7 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

Ok, I’ll try to join in.  I only have access to a pole on Wednesdays and Saturdays though.

Cool :)

No matter we'll just make it work then.

I suggest @Mad Hatter adds a move as planned and then you add tomorrow. If I go Thursday and Mad Hatter Friday, Saturday will work out perfectly again as is and then we could just add a bit slower for the days after so that you end up with Wednesday again

Unless someone else joins in still, then we'll simply make a new plan.

Yay, this is exciting!

Mind you, we're NOT aiming for things like the dudes before :P I mean if you can do air walk, awesome, I'll bow down to the ground to you, but just don't make us do it  :D

1 hour ago, @mu said:

Me too, they look so comfy! I follow that guy on IG, he's awesome and really fun.

The air walks going backwards in the second video were awesome! Usually people only do them forwards. 

30 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

I suggest @Mad Hatter adds a move as planned and then you add tomorrow. If I go Thursday and Mad Hatter Friday, Saturday will work out perfectly again as is and then we could just add a bit slower for the days after so that you end up with Wednesday again

But it's Wednesday today. :P So maybe @LouCarJo should do add a move today, and I'll add one tomorrow? If you're up for it? Also yay for joining us! :D  

17 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Me too, they look so comfy! I follow that guy on IG, he's awesome and really fun.

The air walks going backwards in the second video were awesome! Usually people only do them forwards. 

But it's Wednesday today. :P So maybe @LouCarJo should do add a move today, and I'll add one tomorrow? If you're up for it? Also yay for joining us! :D  

If you can add a move today before 8pm UK time I can film something tonight then post tomorrow.

Oh gosh of course! Why was I thinking it's Tuesday [emoji85] - time to wake up

Yes lets do it that way round [emoji3]

Or whatever... I'll just let you two sort it [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I follow that guy on IG, he's awesome and really fun.

He is! Has some nice tutorials too on youtube, I just need to build a bit more strength first :D

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

@LouCarJo go ahead and do it today, that way I can give my shoulder a complete break. :)  

aaaaah, we're being adult after all :P 

Just kidding, I'm glad you are taking a break. It really doesn't sound good to me and I hope it gets real well soon.

4 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

I think it would even be hard on chinese pole. But yes slippery is a huge challenge, always.

oh dear I was by no mean suggesting that routine would be easy on Chinese pole :lol:  :hopelessness: (slap myself: never use the words easy/hard :P )

I'm wondering if it would be possible to "tape" or cover a pole so that it's less slippery. I could get hooked, but with the current level of slippery, nope -_-

Very exciting thread!

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

11 minutes ago, @mu said:

oh dear I was by no mean suggesting that routine would be easy on Chinese pole :lol:  :hopelessness: (slap myself: never use the words easy/hard :P )

I'm wondering if it would be possible to "tape" or cover a pole so that it's less slippery. I could get hooked, but with the current level of slippery, nope -_-

Very exciting thread!

oh now it's my turn to check my phrasing :unsure: I could have said it would be even "very hard" on chinese pole :D but I guess we all agree on that anyway and that slippery pole takes it a level higher

... well that is the reason why "Don't panic and grab your towel" made me laugh, it's just so perfect! I sometimes train with a towel strapped under my shirt strings in order to have it ready when I'm in the middle of a routine :P not very sexy I know, but it works...

Yes XPole makes silikon covers now for poles that are grippy. The problem is when it's too grippy you can't really spin that well. I've pondered gloves as well, but same thing there, too much grip is no good on spins. Also it seems they wear through relatively quickly (depending on the intensity of the training) and that just feels too costly for me. Towel and liquid magnesium it is :)

17 minutes ago, @mu said:

The level of slipperiness depends on your skin, the pole temperature, the pole finish, the ambient temperature and humidity, grip aids... Even a chrome pole can get very sticky in the right conditions, so much that spins get difficult!

4 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

... well that is the reason why "Don't panic and grab your towel" made me laugh, it's just so perfect! I sometimes train with a towel strapped under my shirt strings in order to have it ready when I'm in the middle of a routine :P not very sexy I know, but it works...

At least you're not doing the infamous ass wipe :D