Happienumber Lightsaber level 2

Staff choreography to music

Related image

Pre-challenge Goals:

1. Find a song to do my choreography to. @mu , any ideas?
Really, anyone though, I’m up for ideas.

2. Find easy tricking videos 

Challenge goals:

I would like to find some easy tricking moves to learn to work into the staff spinning. I feel like I may be biting off more than I can chew because I've never done any tricking let alone working it in with a stick in the way. I’m still going to be counting my staff workouts, aiming for 6 out of 7 days, and hopefully working on the choreography for at least part of each session. 

I’ve never done any sort of choreography for anything ever so I’m up for pointers!

Food strict on work days

Image result for i came out of the ocean because you need to stop

I need to stop eating pepperoni and cheese on a tortilla for every meal. Like. Seriously directly this moment this behavior needs to stop. I’m starting this right now, no waiting for the official challenge to start. 

To go easy on myself (and also my budget, because as much as I’d LOVE to be paleo or especially keto again- I felt so good!- it’s just not plausible on 57 dollars a month.) I’m going to eat
1. Varied
2. Vegetable-full
3. Grain-free
Meals on every day that I work. That means 4 days a week: no tortillas, at least 2 meals per day must contain vegetables, and lunch must consist of more than one food item (use my bento box to its fullest! Pack meats, veggies, and starches or fats. Some main dish with sides like tomatos or black olives or apple slices. Variety! I’m going to die of malnutrition! Moar Types of Food!)

On the three days that don’t work I will allow myself to eat whatever the heck I want, which may end up being tortillas with cheese and pepperoni, but I’m hoping the other 4 days will start breaking my single-fooded obsession cycle. 

Stretching with ENTIRE routine every day at least 15 minutes

Image result for splits

I need to stop skimping on the stretching. Commit.

Pre-challenge goals:

Re-visit my stretching routine, make any changes I feel I need to, and make a timer app with all of the stretches I want to do. Take "before" pics for splits and shoulder stretches.

Challenge Goal: 

Do the FULL timer every single night. Take "after" pics at the end.

I think I'm gonna cap it at three goals this time, as I feel these will take up a lot of my time and energy to do correctly. 

• Like 4

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

I would like to find some easy tricking moves to learn to work into the staff spinning. I feel like I may be biting off more than I can chew because I've never done any tricking let alone working it in with a stick in the way.

My go-to guy for tricking tutorials is a guy on youtube calling himself Pigmie.  I also follow a few other parkour/free running focused guys like Ronnie Street Stunts.  There are a lot of other guys out there, but these are the ones that I like best.

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

My go-to guy for tricking tutorials is a guy on youtube calling himself 
.  I also follow a few other parkour/free running focused guys like Ronnie Street Stunts.  There are a lot of other guys out there, but these are the ones that I like best.
Oooooh those are good. Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Exciting!

12 hours ago, Happienumber said:

1. Find a song to do my choreography to. @mu , any ideas?
Really, anyone though, I’m up for ideas.

I’ve never done any sort of choreography for anything ever so I’m up for pointers!

I don't know really, a music you like very much because you will have to hear it a lot :D

I would also be interested in any pointers about choreographic work!

But you know, I suppose you just have to try it! I don't think there is any right or wrong approach really, and the process is likely to vary from one person to the other.

I like improvisation a lot, as a "bottom up" approach. I just let myself be guided by the music, sometimes I find an interesting bit / shape / sequence. I explore it then refine/compose/clean up. Sometimes I do have a move or shape coming to mind and I want to reproduce that ("top down" approach). But quite often in those cases, I find myself limited by my technical abilities... :P  and then I get frustrated...  But it can still be worth trying! I do think that a routine grows on you as much as you develop it so to speak.

One thing coming up to mind that could apply to staff manipulation as much as silks is tempo. I personally like music with tempo variation. It can get a bit boring otherwise. It also make you pay more attention to your own rhythm.  On silks, it's easy to follow the same pedestrian rhythm,  with some tadaaa holds and a bit off acceleration on drops or spins. But it's nice to see performers who work a different rhythm and might even go again expectations: like doing a very slow melting drop, but speeding up between different holds for instance.

Otherwise I read this book and I found it quite inspiring for improvisation stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Intimate-Choreography-Lynne-Anne-Blom/dp/0822953420

And Laban is interesting too: https://www.theatrefolk.com/blog/the-eight-efforts-laban-movement/

I don't think you necessarily need to practice all this to develop a routine though. We all do this naturally, although we might have a preference (my body tends to like pressing / sustained, some people are more flickery etc) but it's interesting to play with.

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

15 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Find a song to do my choreography to

Too on the nose? 

15 hours ago, Happienumber said:

I need to stop eating pepperoni and cheese on a tortilla for every meal. Like. Seriously directly this moment this behavior needs to stop. I’m starting this right now, no waiting for the official challenge to start. 

SALAD CLUB

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

2 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

SALAD CLUB

SALAD CLUUUB.

Also woooo, doing the things. :D Yay for a staff routine! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Exciting!

Otherwise I read this book and I found it quite inspiring for improvisation stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Intimate-Choreography-Lynne-Anne-Blom/dp/0822953420
And Laban is interesting too: https://www.theatrefolk.com/blog/the-eight-efforts-laban-movement/
I don't think you necessarily need to practice all this to develop a routine though. We all do this naturally, although we might have a preference (my body tends to like pressing / sustained, some people are more flickery etc) but it's interesting to play with.

Omg this is so great thank you! I have so much to research! This is going to be fun.

I'm thinking some major tempo variations too. I'm leaning towards something electronic with a few beat drops in it, now that I'm going through my music collection. I'm trying now to find one that's not TOO fast and not like 600 minutes long.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Today I ate samwich without bread (deli meats and cheese wrapped around mayonnaise) for lunch and... Sort of a salad for dinner?

72c947af094e685967859fff5a046534.jpg

It was cooked vegetables with meat and a dressing?

OK. It was mostly ground beef with some peppers and sour cream.

OK it was taco filling.

But I didn't have the tortillas and there was a vegetable and I had something different for lunch and dinner so....

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

3 hours ago, Happienumber said:

t was cooked vegetables with meat and a dressing?

OK. It was mostly ground beef with some peppers and sour cream.

OK it was taco filling.

But I didn't have the tortillas and there was a vegetable and I had something different for lunch and dinner so....

Image result for i'll allow it gif

I'll allow it :D 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Nice starting points for splits! My left is also more flexible, and my right stronger.
What other stretches will you do for splits (I mean besides the splits themselves)?
I usually start with lunge hold for about 30 seconds, then dynamic lunges (coming up on my toe and straightening my back leg, then relaxing back down to knee, 15 times), then lunge again for about 30 seconds, then hamstring stretch for about 45 seconds, then split hold for about A minute.

Then I do the rest of my routine (pancake stretch, cat Stretch, wall cat stretch, and... "lay down, ankle on knee, pull knee towards chest" stretch? Lol)

And then I do the first ones again.

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Yeah very nice starting point! [emoji4] It's a bit hard to tell from the angle, but I don't see a huge difference between your left and right side. (Mine is much worse...) 
Thank you!

It might be more in my head of how it "feels" worse, too. I can't fully straighten my front leg on the right, and I feel wobbly and tight, whereas on the left I feel like i could sit in that stretch and just hang out for a while.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

By weight or by volume? 

Good question! I vote "by looking at it."

What about soup?

Soup is not a salad.

What about laab?

Answer 1: I don't eat meat so I don't care.

Answer 2: If you're joining Salad Club with the intent of eating more vegetables, then I submit that laab is not a salad.

"We can be heroes"

Aw, definitely a solid splits starting point for sure! Love that. Your bento box is adorable.

I feel like for the purpose of salad club, getting those veggies in is the true purpose -- cooked or raw, whatevs. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Ugh I JUST figure out how to multi-comment reply with tapatalk!

1. I feel like this month we're going to arrive at a definition of "salad" based on Socratic discussion. I'll start: a salad consists of 50%+ vegetables. Objections and counterarguments?

2. OMG I JUST started watching Killjoys last night.
I can agree with the 50% veggies. Cooked or uncooked?
By weight or by volume? 
What about soup?
What about laab?
My first instinct was "by volume" but what about stuff like spinach where there's like 450% larger spinach if it's cooked vs uncooked?

If we are making a cooked salad and start with 50% spinach and 50%, say, bacon... Once cooked it will be like 10%spinach.

Answer 1: I don't eat meat so I don't care.

Answer 2: If you're joining Salad Club with the intent of eating more vegetables, then I submit that laab is not a salad.

I'd have to agree soup is not a salad (logical arguments: 1. that's why you get asked soup OR salad at a restaurant. 2. If we are agreed on 50%veggie, then the larger than 50% water content of soup disqualifys it)

Idk what laab is?
Aw, definitely a solid splits starting point for sure! Love that. Your bento box is adorable.

I feel like for the purpose of salad club, getting those veggies in is the true purpose -- cooked or raw, whatevs. 
Thank you! My bento box makes me happy lol.

I take this as a vote for cooked or raw doesn't matter?

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

48 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

I can agree with the 50% veggies. Cooked or uncooked? My first instinct was "by volume" but what about stuff like spinach where there's like 450% larger spinach if it's cooked vs uncooked?

Not salad related, but I always forget this about spinach. I made what I call "enchilada casserole" last night (take stuff that you would put into a burrito/enchilada, put into crock-pot instead, turn on), and I put what I thought was a lot of spinach in and there is now next to no visible spinach in it. It's good, though.

Idk what laab is? Thank you! My bento box makes me happy lol.

Laotian "meat salad" aka larb. (Despite having lived in Thailand, I've never had it.) I also like your bento box!

I take this as a vote for cooked or raw doesn't matter?

I concur! But is usually served chilled even if cooked.

46 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

WHICH IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER MADE!! WELCOME TO THE RAC!

7c156a86fdfe8732eac87f78f8382847.gif

A friend recommended it to me recently. We're talking about scraping together a "scoundrels in space" RPG of some kind and have been trading inspirational material. She told me "I predict you'll like Johnny and have a crush on Dutch." So far correct, but also I have about a 50% crush on Johnny too.

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"