Another Challenge's Creative Title

Mike S.

This place must be sticking to me a little bit as I have moved on from a 1st timer challenge to here. I see a few familiar faces, which is nice.

My goals for this challenge are:

1. Continue to manage my diet. This is the most important thing, and the most difficult (even more so to me than the BBW workout). I'm continuing my quest to eliminate sugar but have had some back-sliding moments. I intend to monitor this more closely and reduce those moments as much as possible. Also, never have 2 "bad" meals in a row.

2. Strength training via the BBW workout. I am up to three circuits of the workout and for this challenge will work on doing more sessions per week, still with a day in-between, and by the end of this challenge, get to four circuits at least once.

3. Walking / jogging. On the days when I don't do the BBW workout, I will walk. Or walk / jog. I normally do about 40 minutes which translates for me to about 1.86 miles. I use this to de-stress after work, or sometimes get out during lunchtime.

Oh, and land a new job. That, above all else, contributes to my stress and anxiety, which torpedo my diet and make me lie around when I should be out moving.

Good luck to my fellow Rebels.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, kristenks said:

Good luck finding a new gig! So ridiculously stressful! I put that as one of my goals in my last challenge and it worked, hope it does for you too

Thank you. It's driving me nuts every day. Hopefully I'll get it figured out soon.

5 hours ago, Rainelf said:

Cheering you on. I'm sure the 'not two bad meals in a row' is a really helpful simple mantra

I read that somewhere on this site. I'm not smart enough to have come up with that on my own. ;)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rainelf said:

I'm impressed! Glad you hate them less and I'm sure you'll notice they'll have an effect on your fitness if you're managing 4 each time !!! I can see that I'll have to persevere

Thanks. I do feel like there has been an improvement in overall fitness as a result of doing them. I still have lots of room to improve, though. For example, I'm not doing regulation push-ups yet but I will get there.

• Like 3
On 18/04/2018 at 10:42 PM, Mike S. said:

Also, never have 2 "bad" meals in a row.

This is a great idea! Especially when it's so easy to just surrender, like "I had a burger for lunch, so I might as well have pizza for dinner!" Instead, you can reclaim the day and end up being pretty healthy overall.

I know you said it's not a Mike Original but I might have to steal it from you too ;) Apart from just basic comradeship, these forums are a great way to bounce ideas off people and figure out what works for you!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

This is a great idea! Especially when it's so easy to just surrender, like "I had a burger for lunch, so I might as well have pizza for dinner!" Instead, you can reclaim the day and end up being pretty healthy overall.

I know you said it's not a Mike Original but I might have to steal it from you too ;) Apart from just basic comradeship, these forums are a great way to bounce ideas off people and figure out what works for you!

Of course! Feel free to steal it. I agree about using the forums to generate ideas, work out what is useful and what isn't, and keep each other as sane as possible.

Yesterday was a walk day, after a pretty positive day overall. It felt good to be outside and to put in some nice tunes. Today's walking playlist was Van Halen's debut album. For a guitar player, like me, it's a classic and one that never gets old.

• Like 2

Today was BBW workout day. It continues to get easier. I did three circuits again and could have done a fourth but I don’t want to over do it and risk injury. So I’m taking it slow. 

Was rewarded this this morning with a good weigh-in. Lost a little and given some of my dietary failings lately, I will take it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rainelf said:

How are your BWW and walking going? Has to be better than mine -see post!

I walked on Monday and Tuesday so that's going well. The BBW workout is scheduled for today BUT if I don't do it today I will at least substitute another walk. I just find the walking helps me unwind from my day really well.

Thank you for asking and yes, I've been following your thread. :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Mike S. said:

I walked on Monday and Tuesday so that's going well. The BBW workout is scheduled for today BUT if I don't do it today I will at least substitute another walk. I just find the walking helps me unwind from my day really well.

Thank you for asking and yes, I've been following your thread. :)

I hear ya, walking can be a great way to unwind. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Rainelf said:

Still doing the walking and BWW? Hope you are having some success with the job hunt

This week I substituted walking for the BBW workout. I just needed the mental unwinding provided by the walking and that helped. 

The job hunt is reaching a positive conclusion as we speak so that’s a good thing too. 

• Like 1