• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Just survive

For those just tuning in… A bit about me

Spoiler

I am a mom to 2 Agents of Chaos (Eldest and Youngest), and 3 fur agents (Agent Black (kitten), Agent Feline (older cat) and Agent K9 (dog)). I am married and I work part time. I also go to college while being that mom that helps at the school and is the first one teachers call when they need something. I garden and could almost call it homestead somewhat with canning food to last the year.

Things are not easy sometimes (most of the time). I am trying to balance everything while still maybe finding something for me in the process. I am learning to try and juggle all the things while still helping here at home. There is no "go to the gym" time with kids in activities 4 nights a week and my work and schoolwork. The semester has started, and the chaos and time spent studying has increased more than I expected.

I don’t always do things the easy way, I don’t always make the best choices, and please remember, while I have more flaws than anyone here will know, I am doing the best I can with what I have. I don’t expect easy, but I want to get back to where I feel healthy and have energy. A state I was in 2 years ago and lost. I keep fixating on getting back there, but its not as easy as it would seem.

Long term goals: Return to a more balanced feeling, Get healthy, Have more energy, Have quality time with my family, get control of the chaos so It’s less chaos, and either avoid or learn to handle the rocks being thrown at me better.

longdays.gif

The last month and a half or so has been crazy. Too many people sick, me losing focus on caring about if any of this will really work, so my challenge was completely abandoned.  Maybe this is not the time to make big decisions/changes, but part of me feels that I can say “Oh wait till after finals” and then something else will come up. And then summer semester will start and then Summer crazy starts, and then school starts again and I never found a perfect time. I guess, there is no big “Life reset” moment right now, I just worry that if I keep waiting for that point when things are “calmer” then I will never get there and then I will really become what I don’t want to be most. That really large person who can barely stand, barely walk, and needs kids or grandkids to do the work for them. I don’t want to be a drain on people and I don’t want to be so tired all the time that I am out of bed for less than 2 hours and could really use a nap.

So I am going to try again. Will I succeed, who knows? I would love to be all positive about how “I got this” and “this will be easy” but it won’t. It never is. But I need to try. Because if I give up trying, if I stop doing even that, then I have really given up.

3f367e93c1dff96b17444d027a3989c6.png

I guess, since I am still trying, it’s a step in the right direction. I guess that whole “journey of a thousand miles starts with single step” thing. Since I am typing this up and not able to post it right away, I am going to be honest with myself.

Today, I need to accomplish at least the first 3 steps.

Step 1: get this finished.

Step 2: get this posted.

Step 3: Get the bullet Journal out and at least start getting it set up.

Following steps will be:

Make Plan B list (so I don’t forget what is coming up)

Face the world and remember to plan.

Now really, today may not be the day to do all this since I have a root canal this afternoon, but again, if I don’t start now, when?

Okay, time to draw the novel to a close and admit that these are mostly the same goals as last challenge because I KNOW I can do them. I have done them all before, I just haven’t made myself do them. They are all important and these are things that need done and will help me feel better and have the energy I miss.

Strength (2 pts)

·         Newer strength exercise (1pt) – Knee to elbows When I did these last challenge, the weren’t too bad, so I am sticking with this portion

·         Continue other exercises (1pt) –  I have done these all before. Time to get back to them. No hoping to reach a goal with them this time, just trying to do them. .

o   sit ups

o   reverse sit ups 

o   leg lifts

o   pushups. 

o   Balance ball push ups

Flexibility (2 pts)

·         Newer stretch (1pt) – Sitting fix/Shoulder Stretch with the hours I put into homework, I do too much sitting and it’s all hunched over. And then my shoulders hurt. This helps the pain when I remember to do them. 

·         Continue previous stretches (1pt) –All of these help my back (which is not great due to an injury I took years ago) and wrists from carpal tunnel due to homework. These are Key

o   butterfly

o   ballet bar (with the half wall) and Toe touch

o   Wrist Extension

o   Dog and child yoga

o   Meditating Groot

Life and Family (6.5 pts)

·         Soak Up The Sun (1pt) –I just need to get outside and take 5 minutes. It helps with my anxiety and mind spinning and I need the sunlight. Hopefully it finally warms up.

·         Spend Time with Agents (1pt) – With all the time I spend doing homework, I feel like I don’t see them enough. I need to make sure they still feel loved and important.

·         Plan (1pt) –Make a plan at night for the next day. This will help knowing who needs to be where and what needs done so we don’t spend 30 minutes figuring it out after everyone gets home.

·         Bed by 11:30 (1pt) – According to people, I need to sleep. And while I would love to say “No I don’t” the tired from being so sick is still a thing. Try to be in bed (or at least getting into bed) by 11:30

·         One Good Thing (1pt) – Find and post (and or at least record) one good thing that happened each day. My depression is acting up, and I need to remember that good things happen too.

·         Check Seedlings/plants (.5 pt) –Make sure seedlings have water, maybe even start transplanting them so they can be ready to go outside if the outside world ever decides that winter is over.

·         Homework Time (1 pt) – This is a easy point but basically, study at least 30 minutes every day. I have all my homework for the rest of the semester in one class, and just this weeks in the other. I need to play catch up and get this stuff done so I can feel like I am accomplishing stuff.

Fighting Chaos (3 pts)

·         Clean off long dresser (1pt) –Stuff tends to collect on this dresser and I have noticed I feel better when it’s clean and it generally just takes a couple minutes to do.

·         Keep other surfaces clean (1pt) –Spots I have proven to myself that take no real time to keep clean and I feel better when it is and things run smoother. I need to clean it once a day

o   Peninsula and island in kitchen

o   Clean the table and half wall

o   Clean my desk off

o   Clean my bathroom sink

o   Clean downstairs bathroom sink

·         Spend 5 minutes in at least one room (1pt) –These are places that need decluttered/organized and while It won’t happen overnight, if I spend 5 minutes (or 2 or 20) a day, it will get done.

o   Our bedroom

o   Computer room

o   Basement

Keep Moving (2.5 pts)

·         Walk 10,500 Steps a day (1 pt) –This can get done if I am busy at work. Weekdays are easier than weekends, but it makes a difference

·         Walk 15 minutes a day (1 pt) –This needs to be more than the short way and the slightly longer short way to the school. But do something to get moving a bit more

·         Walk to Mordor (.5 pt) –This is mostly for fun and it’s interesting to see how long it takes. UPDATE It daily (Prefer both on NF and my file, but at least my file).

Fuel (4 pts)

·         No eating after dinner (1 pt) –Time to end the “well, before I go to bed” snacks.

·         Drink less than 3 bottles of tea (1 pt) –They are expensive and they ruin my water intake. Time to cut back

·         Drink 120 oz of water a day (1 pt) –Get back in the routine of drinking water

·         Intake goals(1 pt) –Things I need to make sure I am doing since they make a difference on a few other things for the dr (and I have 1 month to fix a few things)

o   Eat Yogurt daily

o   Eat banana daily

o   Eat Dried apricots daily

o   Eat Breakfast

o   Eat Lunch

All of this should come to about 20 points a day. I just have to stay on top, especially since I have 1 month to fix some numbers for the dr. Big thing, is to understand that some days just may not happen (Like I have family coming in this weekend) and it’s okay to take those days off, but I need to work on this more days than not.  Time to get serious.

For the record, I may be Mitch and life is Chris (and why is there not just a gif of this?).

• Like 6

Part B list

• ·         Make Part B list

• ·         Clean up part be List

• ·         Post link to new challenge in old challenge

• ·         Update signature

• ·         Set up Bullet Journal

• ·         Plant mint plant

• ·         Replant Lemon Tree

• ·         Replant Lime tree

• ·         Finish Org homework for this week

• ·         Start Foundations homework Chapter 11

• ·         Start Foundations homework Chapter 12

• ·         Get old Vanity out of garage

• ·         Get old Sink out of garage

• ·         Music thing for Youngest Agent

• ·         Register Summer class youngest Agent

• ·         Update Kermit List

• ·         Start using Kermit list

• ·         Transplant Tomatoes

• ·         Transplant Peppers

• ·         Transplant Pineapple

• ·         Figure out next step dental

• ·         Dental cleaning

• ·         Family Weekend

• ·         Bread for baby shower

• ·         Youngest Agent Carnival working

• ·         Nephews Birthday

• ·         Final Org class

• ·         Final Foundations class

• ·         Paper Foundations class due

• ·         Popcorn Youngest Agents school

• ·         Play Day Youngest agents school

• ·         Start planting garden

• ·         Plant Morning Glory

• ·         Plant Peas

• ·         Don’t Panic about Today

• Like 3

Hey Bean, so it looks like neither you nor I are trying out your suggestion to Butternut of 'not committing to goals' :D

Well it looks like you're all set and have again a long list of things to do. :) I myself still have to assemble my list of things to do, but I still have a few days to do that.

By the way, are you counting those points to compare between challenges, or is there some personal score you want to achieve?

• Like 3

Here and following!! Bean, I'm so sorry I wasn't here to support you last challenge. (Well, I had a good excuse, but I'm still sorry to hear things got so tough!) I know you don't really believe us when we say it but the fact that you keep coming back and working really hard to improve your life even when you have so many other important things going on is really freaking impressive, and I am so glad I get to witness it. 

Here's to kicking this challenge's butt! You got this, Bean! 

(PS is it too late for me to plant garlic? My apartment gets a lot of light but none of it is direct so idk if I can eve grow garlic at all but I would certainly like to! And ginger if possible, I hear it grows well indoors...) 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 4:11 PM, Iceburner said:

Hey Bean, so it looks like neither you nor I are trying out your suggestion to Butternut of 'not committing to goals' :D

Yeah, I am great at helping others, but harder on myself about things. Besides, I don't think I can do a not commit challenge right now, if I did, I would probably do nothing the whole challenge.

Well it looks like you're all set and have again a long list of things to do. :) I myself still have to assemble my list of things to do, but I still have a few days to do that.

Yep, a long list and not enough time, Sadly, there never seems to be enough time to do everything. I will pop over and say hi hopefully later today,

By the way, are you counting those points to compare between challenges, or is there some personal score you want to achieve?

The points are just a way for me to see how I am doing/not doing.  I am not comparing it against previous challenges, but rather to tell if I am getting better or worse at things over the course of the challenge. so if I did 16 yesterday and 14 today, then I know I need to work harder. And if the numbers are switched, I am doing better.

As far as a score, well, I always want a hundred since I am one of those "honor student" kids that doesn't do well with below that, but at this point, I would just be happy with actually tracking the whole challenge.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 7:17 AM, Wobbegong said:

Here and following!! Bean, I'm so sorry I wasn't here to support you last challenge. (Well, I had a good excuse, but I'm still sorry to hear things got so tough!) I know you don't really believe us when we say it but the fact that you keep coming back and working really hard to improve your life even when you have so many other important things going on is really freaking impressive, and I am so glad I get to witness it. 

You had a great excuse last challenge and all you really missed was me getting sick over and over and not doing anything to make me better. I am trying but I really would love to see some improvement somewhere in the "hey look what my hard work is getting me" Thank you for the kind words Wobbegong. I am so glad that I found this place to help me get on track.

Here's to kicking this challenge's butt! You got this, Bean! 

Fingers crossed.  I am going to try.

(PS is it too late for me to plant garlic? My apartment gets a lot of light but none of it is direct so idk if I can eve grow garlic at all but I would certainly like to! And ginger if possible, I hear it grows well indoors...) 

Ginger I would plant in a pot since you can move it in and out of the apartment and then you can have it during winter too. When you need some, just unbury the root, break off what you need and put it back (once its a bit stronger anyway).

As for garlic, I know nothing about growing stuff in Japan but I take it your in spring? I normally plant my garlic in the fall and then harvest over the summer. I would say you could try planting some now, but it might be a bit small. Its worth the science experiment tho.

• Like 2

I didn't track Friday or Saturday or Sunday really since I had family in town and I was doing homework like a mad woman trying ot get everything done so I could visit with the family. I missed too much of our time together, and I am mad I didn't have what I needed to done, but I did have some good time with them and they all understood since they all know that it being due as they left it would drive me nuts if I didn't have it done.

This week is going to be a push. I only have about 2 weeks till Finals and there is a large amount of homework that I may of pushed off due to people coming due in a week. So hopefully I can finish the homework out strong and do well with the challenge. Honestly, I feel so much better when I am not just some Homework only monster and I feel like I am more involved here which has been a problem of late.

The second half of this challenge will be just as crazy since it will be the kids school ending, but I will have a bit of a break from school.

I will say the days I tracked over week 0 while they didn't count, I did do better each day, so I am going to look at that as an encouraging sign.

So today is my official day one. I am already off to a bit better start, but we will have to see where this goes.

Yeah, I am great at helping others, but harder on myself about things. Besides, I don't think I can do a not commit challenge right now, if I did, I would probably do nothing the whole challenge.

I read this and think that you are running on willpower for months (maybe years?) and since last challenge I did run out of it and had to take time from work because I spent a day just crying and not wanting to leave bed for how much I was exhausted, I am raising your attention to it. Not that I have a suggestion or solution for it. But if it was another of us running on willpower only (and I am catching me doing it sometimes), what would you reccommend?
  • Like 1

Well

On 4/19/2018 at 5:11 PM, Iceburner said:

I kind of took your advice :)

instead I choose things I don’t normally do, different look on things. 

22 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Yeah, I am great at helping others, but harder on myself about things. Besides, I don't think I can do a not commit challenge right now, if I did, I would probably do nothing the whole challeng

Your words of advice did help me. It helped me view the things that really do matter to me and how I was making everything a big deal.

Bean.... If a genie popped up and gave me 3 wishes, one of them would be “Let Bean relax”

From everything I’ve read, your a great mom, and you care a whole awful lot. You are doing just fine. 

Good luck on your challenges! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tateman said:

Good luck! Hopefully, the homework won't overwhelm you too much. :)

Thanks, so far, so good, but those were the easier days. I am hoping to get farther today and start finally crossing things off (reading takes the most time), but we will see how it goes. Right now, I could use another week.

3 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I read this and think that you are running on willpower for months (maybe years?) and since last challenge I did run out of it and had to take time from work because I spent a day just crying and not wanting to leave bed for how much I was exhausted, I am raising your attention to it. Not that I have a suggestion or solution for it. But if it was another of us running on willpower only (and I am catching me doing it sometimes), what would you reccommend?

I probably am running on pure willpower. And its probably why I got so sick like I did in March. I know I need more sleep (I am trying) and I need a day off, but we will see. Right now, I just focus on the next task, and the then the next. I have had the days where leaving bed is hard, but those are usually the days where if I don't get up, an Agent wakes me nad reminds me that we have work to do. If it was someone else who was running on just willpower, I would probably tell them something about make sure your taking care of you too. Sometimes you need to burn the candle from both ends, but eventually you will need to stop so it can grow back. If this is a "take your own advice" kinda moment, I know my candle is pretty small, and the hope is to recharge soon. Finals end May 9th, and then I will have less than a month to hopefuly recharge some before the next semester. however, its a doozy of a month, so I just keep the "Maybe I can get a day off" hope alive.

1 hour ago, Butternut said:

Well

I kind of took your advice :)

instead I choose things I don’t normally do, different look on things. 

And that is a great idea, I need to go see what you did. I am curious now.

Your words of advice did help me. It helped me view the things that really do matter to me and how I was making everything a big deal.

But always know, if I say "hey, I think this" I will never be offended if you don't take it and please know, I never mean to offend but to help, and please let me know if I cross the line into "I know already, give it a rest, but not possible" Or "not up for discussion" those are 2 places I never want to be

Bean.... If a genie popped up and gave me 3 wishes, one of them would be “Let Bean relax”

From everything I’ve read, your a great mom, and you care a whole awful lot. You are doing just fine. 

Good luck on your challenges! 

Thank you. I am sure you have better uses of the genie's wishes, so don't worry about me.

I hope to be a great mom and a good friend in the end. All I can do is try my best and do what I can to make it easier on everyone around me. Thank you, here is to hoping for a good challenge to give me a boost.

• Like 1

So yesterday was a day of a number of downs.

Including, more dentist mess. I was late leaving and got there just as I was suppose to go back. Aside from a number of things. Lets just go with I got someone who didn't want to listen. I told her I can't handle the metal instruments (its a sensation thing, I feel like they are knocking my teeth out) and she had to do most of the appointment with them. Then when I am holding it together, but clawing my hands and she had the audacity to stop, look me in the eyes and said "Do you take Anxiety meds?" Uh, no, Its like you have been putting your nails on a chalk board for the last 30 minutes. How would you handle that? I said no, she determined I should be since I was this nervous. I told her the only time I get like this is HERE. She refused to believe me and told me I should get medication for it.

Honestly, I am offended. Yes, I know I have anxiety about a few other things, but not to that level. I only have those moments when I am there because that place (its the specialist office not my regular dentist), A) does not listen when you say "Hey, I don't appreciate X, can you alter what you do to still do the same thing but minimize that time" and B don't care what your life is like, your not doing enough so they will blame you for why all this is going on. You are not a person, just a pair of teeth that needs fixed adn you need to come up with the money to do so, who cares what your budget it. Mostly, I was just tired of everything being a fight and everyone saying "My thing is most important" but no one wants to make a plan and be like "okay, this is what we can do"

Then they made me late to pick up Youngest Agent because I kept saying "I need to go", and they were like "Oh, we will get you out in a minute, here lets talk about this other not really related thing" So Now I was late for my kid and in a bad mood and it carried over a bit.

Then I ended up having to take a walk (Someone said walk and the dog went crazy) and while it was crummy weather (raining) it did did help reset me and Youngest Agent and I had a good time on the walk. (No one else could do it since Hubby and Eldest agent were about to leave and Youngest I prefer her having someone older with her in case the dog gets dumb.)

Challenge wise, I did pretty good. I got all the challenge points for the day, I felt better going to bed with them done and I came downstairs to my mostly clean kitchen and was more relaxed. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum without the drama.

Description

4/23/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Sitting Fix/Shoulder stretch

y

Soak up the sun

y

Spend time with Agents

Y

Plan

Y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Homework Time

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

Y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

n

Basement

n

Clean off Dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

Y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

Eat Breakfast

y

Eat Lunch

y

120 oz of water

y

Total points for day 20  

Total points for challenge 20/20

One good thing: The walk helped deal with the emotions from dentist

Time with Agents: We had a good chat while walking.

• Like 2

Wow! That dentist is a jerk!
I can completely get why you got angry!! What a judgy jerk... Could you see another specialist that does care about you without having to start all the procedure again?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tateman said:

Blah, sounds like a new dentist is needed! I'd be kinda upset over it all too. 

4 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Wow! That dentist is a jerk!
I can completely get why you got angry!! What a judgy jerk... Could you see another specialist that does care about you without having to start all the procedure again?

I would love to, But this is the only specialist I know of. They did the procedure itself almost 2 years ago, but apparently I have to have them do a "Maintence" thing every 6 months which is basically a cleaning and the dentist himself being in the room for 2 minutes. I want away from them since their normal "encouragement" is really not working with me "You need to look your best for the next time you come in. You want to look your best" Honey, do I look like someone who will respond to pleading to my vanity? Oh and their answer to everything is to find more money to do things and making the results look good for the doctor to use as a study.  or "well  you need to make time for this 15 minute procedure to brush your teeth and then work within our stupid hours that are only 4 days a week that work for people who have a desk job and lunch hours"

Can you tell I don't like it there? The procedure itself is done. My real dentist won't let me quit there just yet until we get all the other stuff dealt with and that won't happen for at least 2 more years due me trying to do this with the insurance. Then maybe, but right now, I really just want to say forget it, but they keep saying if I drop out of the maintenance program, I may have to have the surgery all over again.

So yesterday was a mess. I ended up tripping in the house and body slammed the fridge and in the process, I brusied my forearm and sprained my wrist. They both have lovely bruises.

Then work was a whole new level of dumb. Basically, they changed some scheduling and there use to be a break for me between summer semester and fall. (I lost my spring to summer break a long time ago). Well, now there is 1 lab I have to take care of that runs from summer semester until the week before Fall where I start preparing for that. So I lost that break. Which is made worse that NO ONE TOLD ME. I found out in conversation from the instructor that will be working that class since she was saying she didn't expect how much it was changing her prep. Uh what?

No one told me or my boss. But I am expected to work it which means my only break between semesters is over Christmas. Oh and when I talked to one of the ladies who scheduled it and said something about that means I don't get a break her answer was "Oh, We didn't think of that" Not going to lie, it was really hard to be motivated after that. I really just lost any chance of having actual downtime since our winter break is so crazy.

There was other stuff, but it was normal stupid leaking. I came home, talked to Hubby who had a similar day and neither of us wanted to do anything. I suggested a walk and it helped reset us some. It didn't solve anything, but it was easier to get back on track. However the forearm and wrist made homework harder because taking notes involves both.

Today they are better but I will still need to be careful.

I am going to say that I tried the push ups and it was dumb. I gave myself credit for the balance ball one since I decided not to hurt myself further.

Description

4/24/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

y

Soak up the sun

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

y

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Homework Time

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

n

Bedroom

n

Computer room

y

Basement

n

Clean off Dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

Eat Breakfast

y

Eat Lunch

y

120 oz of water

y

Total points for day 19.8               

Total points for challenge 39.8/40

One good thing:

So I was baking bread for a work thing on Thurs. But I knew I wouldn't have time tonight. Agent Black decided to try and help, and I bopped him on the head to make him leave while I was rolling out dough. Agent Black had this big white handprint on his face from the flour. So we started calling him Agent Black of the White Hand. He works for Isengard.

Time with Agents: Family walk

• Like 1

I gave your post a like, since after reading your posts that nowadays seem to always start with "So yesterday was a day of a number of downs." or "So yesterday was a mess" I misread your "I was baking bread" as "I was breaking bad". Then I realized my mistake and had to laugh. Since you continued and ended your post with 'Agent Black of the White Hand who works for Isengard' I continued laughing and thought: 'Life can't be too bad even after a day like that when you still can have fun'. :)

P.S. Body slamming a fridge is very impressive and it shows your training is progressing to a new level. Next thing on the list: Back suplexing a car :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iceburner said:

I gave your post a like, since after reading your posts that nowadays seem to always start with "So yesterday was a day of a number of downs." or "So yesterday was a mess" I misread your "I was baking bread" as "I was breaking bad". Then I realized my mistake and had to laugh. Since you continued and ended your post with 'Agent Black of the White Hand who works for Isengard' I continued laughing and thought: 'Life can't be too bad even after a day like that when you still can have fun'. :)

Challenge wise, it was a better day. There was more going on I didn't get into, which made it a mentally bad day. But I also do have depression and can get stuck in all the bad things, which is why I put the 1 good thing in the challenges so I remember that good happened too. So I understand the like. I love the breaking bad thing. That is kinda silly, Although I don't think I can pull off the hat. Hubby and I try to find humor in even the worst situation. It can completely suck to be in (like a funeral) but it helps sometimes. Problem is, with all we have had going on, even Hubby's humor is starting to get harder.

19 minutes ago, Iceburner said:

P.S. Body slamming a fridge is very impressive and it shows your training is progressing to a new level. Next thing on the list: Back suplexing a car :D

Oh I did a number on the fridge and wall, My arm's new colors shows it. After Youngest Agent made sure I was okay, she got a stool and climbed up and said "well, good news is mom, when you shook the fridge, nothing broke". Lets not try the later. I will say at least with the fridge my days of shield bashing from Dagorhir   came in handy.

So yesterday was better. There was no stupid leaking (at least a big leak) at work. Home I got a whole chapter done and the quiz taken. That helped since now that chapter only has a paper left due the 4th, so I can focus on the other class then then other chapter (both due by basically Monday).  I actually felt like I have this mostly under control. Now, wait 5 minutes since I am sure "HOMEWORK OH NO" will come back.

I did realize I was completely burned out yesterday. I need a break really bad where there is no school (at least for me) and just a few days I can slow down and rest. Keep your fingers crossed after my finals I can find a few days like that.

Challenge wise, I did really well. I came home from Weds activities (since weds is our worse night) and I about collapsed. I had done some homework earlier (see earlier). I really wanted to try and convince myself to do homework and they body just wouldn't. I didn't give up and I got my chores done so I could at least say I did that. by the time those were done, I had a bit so I watched another short lecture and then called it.

I have noticed I am feeling better(ish) since starting the challenge. My energy isn't there, my strength isn't there, but I do feel more like I am not just homework and ignore the world. I feel like I am more involved and I have some idea what is going on. Now if I could just get the tiredness to go away, I might get there.

Description

4/25/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

y

Soak up the sun

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

y

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Homework Time

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

Y

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean off Dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

Y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

Eat Breakfast

y

Eat Lunch

y

120 oz of water

y

Total points for day 20  

Total points for challenge 59.8/60

One good thing:  Starting to get a handle on the homework

Time with Agents: Sat and chatted in the sun with Youngest Agent.

• Like 1

Yesterday was another good day overall.  The stupid only leaked at normal levels, and then we had baby shower for boss's boss. I also got an entire class worth of homework done, so while I won't say "this will be easy" I am not stressing as bad over it. (now ask me that tomorrow).  I do have a few things I am still worrying about, but it shouldn't be too bad. First I need to figure out where I am with homework, but I had 3 weeks of homework earlier this week, now I am down to basically 1 week.

Challenge wise, I was pretty good considering. At the shower, I had refused the cake, until the expectant mom walked up and said "you need cake" Apparently I do. Which I then came home and was home early enough to walk with another mom and get in over 1.19 miles (that's just when I remembered to track) so that felt good. But when I got home from the walk, I actually made a beeline for the last cookie my sister left this weekend. Youngest Agent got a sad face and I gave it to her. I was craving sugar really bad. I realized it was the crash from the cake. Some vinegar dressed pasta salad (my lunch I didn't eat because of the shower) and 2 honey sticks later, I was doing better. I wasn't hungry, I was just craving sugar and I got silly tired. So I think next challenge, I am going back to the no stupid sugar rule (Candy, cookies, cake, cupcakes, ect). I may not be able to keep all sugar out of my diet, but I can keep those out of my diet, and it will help the tired.

I also noticed my mood has been getting better the last too days. I know I am suffering from end-of-semester-itis, but the weather has suddenly turned into spring, the magnolia tree is flowering, my lilac from my grandmothers yard looks so happy, the garlic is growing. It is all helping feel like maybe spring is here.  Oh and I was able to go out and pull some weeds (and some rasberry and elderberry shoots that got into places they shouldn't so that helped too because I didn't feel like I was putting off the garden which is something that helps my mood AND was stressing me out.

Anyway, update for the day

Description

4/26/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

y

Soak up the sun

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

y

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Homework Time

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

n

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean off Dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

Eat Breakfast

y

Eat Lunch

y

120 oz of water

y

Total points for day 20  

Total points for challenge 79.8/80

One good thing: The baby shower went really well and everyone loved my homemade bread and herb butters (I took garlic and herb bread and unsalted plain bread sticks with tarragon and parsley butter and garlic and chive butter). So many people were impressed. They wouldn't if they knew how easy all of it was.

Time with Agents: Youngest Agent and I started garden clean. This sounds silly,but the garden is kinda a "Mom and Youngest Agent" thing

so its something we can bond doing.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2018 at 12:01 AM, Tateman said:

Yup, that sugar is bad news for me too. I get some, and then the cravings hit hard.

It wasn't that the cravings made me want it all the time, just after the crash. Then it was "This will fix it"

so yeah, something I get to watch out for now. Blah..

Okay, so Friday was a no challenge day. It just was a run from 5:30 am to about 9:30 PM and then collapse nad well, There was no challenge energy. I will say that I walked 14,659 steps on Friday, my water was okay, and the best news was that at Youngest's Agents school carnival, her garden club did their first fundraiser booth where we sold tiles and rocks painted by the students and plants they started from seed. We have never done anything like this before and until now its either been grants or the teacher (mostlY) funding the club out of her own pocket. We were so scared we were not going to sell a single thing and we raised over $150 and the teacher said some other teachers said they would come and see what we had left on Monday. This is a HUGE thing because all of this money goes into the garden that was vandalized last fall and to helping the kids learn more about how to grow their own food and understand where it comes from. I spent the whole carnival there and had a blast, but once it was all cleaned up and we had sold something, I was done. We did learn a few lessons (less brocolli to sell, more sweet peppers and try herbs and hot peppers) but for a first try, it went amazing.  We even had people who weren't parents of garden club kids buying the rocks and tiles. (in fact, I never even did get Youngests since hers sold out so fast).

Saturday was a busy day with my nephew's birthday party and homework. I got caught up on alot, but it was also a bit of a recoop day since I was so worn out. I got up a bit late and didn't get breakfast since we had lunch at 10:30. And I admit I probably could of done better yesterday,but weekends are usually my tough spots since i have less control over just me nad more "all the family" stuff.

Description

4/28/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

n

Meditating Groot

n

Butterfly

n

Ballet/toe Touch

n

n

Soak up the sun

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

n

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Homework Time

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

n

Bathroom down

n

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean off Dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

n

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

Eat Breakfast

n

Eat Lunch

y

120 oz of water

y

Total points for day 13.2               

Total points for challenge 93/100

One good thing:

Birthday party for the nephew and it was great to see them and my sister.

Time with Agents: Watching the Agents have fun at the trampoline park for the party.

• Like 1

So Sunday was productive. Hubby got quite a few things done around here and I got through ALL OF my homework. Or so I thought. I forgot about a 4-5 page research paper that I need to get done by Friday. well, I didn't forget, I thought since it was only 20 pts it was only going to be like 2 pages. So guess who is scrambling to get it done.  Problem is, its more an opinion paper on self driving cars, which I honestly don't have an opinion on. I think part of my problem with opinions on "this issue" is that I stopped having opinions about them. 90% of the time, especially in tech, what I think doesn't matter and doesn't change anything. I can say "Hey, I think its dumb that phones are given to kids in first grade" or "Putting everything on the cloud isn't the best idea" but in the end, it still happens. Self driving cars are going to happen no matter what I think, so its more a "adjust to it when it gets here" than a "Do I want it" which does not make a good paper

I got a walk in with the family again, and I ended up walking laps last night before bed so I could hit goal.

Although today is going to be long. Due to well, things I was in bed by 11:30 but didn't get to sleep till about 1 then woke up at 2 to see hubby off (Strange hours ahead for a few days) and then finally got to sleep for real about 2:30 and I was up at 5:30.  Most of this was the "he has to be somewhere, I need to make sure he doesn't get up late.

I am finding that its harder to get my "Eat these things" goals on weekends since all meals are a family thing and we more as a family, so I am not as hungry for the quick snack of Yogurt or what not. Anyway, overall, not too bad. I need to watch weekends, but we will see.

Description

4/29/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y