• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Just survive

Looks like you are doing well. I always hate those overwhelming type tasks. I feel like once I start, I don't want to stop. But then I don't want to start because there is too much to have to do. haha.

• Like 1

Oops, I didn't realize I hadn't updated since Weds of last week.

Quick backtrack of the week in review.

Thursday was normal day, but I did rellay good challenge wise. Nothing real special went on, it was just "hey, get your stuff done.

One good thing:  Scale went down

Time with agents: long talk with youngest

Friday is where things started to go off track. Hubby was home, and we had so much to do since we were going to be gone all day Saturday. Stretches didn't get done and some exercises. I did however get some work done in the yard, so that helped.

One good thing: Playing Soccer with Agent K9

Time with agents: Battle bots was back on

Saturday was bad. Like in the car or traveling for 12 hours. We had lunch with MIL in one town, then came back to ours to drop off Agents with grandma, then went to a different town to meet my friend from my classes who is graduating. Food was all sorts of bad, and I did very littl to actually be good mostly since we were constantly in the car.

One good thing: I met my friend from classes, and she graduated

Time with agents: Got into a poke war with Youngest.

Sunday started off bad. I got in trouble at Mothers day lunch because I didn't know my mom can't sit in a booth anymore (we never go out to eat with them) and then she started in on the "What do you mean your only taking 4 credit hours over the summer" (well, I normally do 8 over a 16 wk semester, in an 8 wk semester, I can only do 4). Eldest Agent didn't say Happy Mothers Day at all until 6 pm, I realized we had TOO many tomatoes we couldn't get in the garden. Youngest agent spent the day with my folks because Nursey  > grocery store, but it held back my ability to plant our stuff.  BUT hubby came home early and surprised me with flowers (only gift I got since he forgot) and the family told me I could take the rest of the night off (starting at like 6:30) and play video games. So chores and things didn't happen.

but today I need to be better.  so rest and back to getting at this. Average is still a 90.58, so I want to finish in the 90% area.

Description

5/10/2018

5/11/2018

5/12/2018

5/13/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

y

y

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

n

n

n

Meditating Groot

y

n

n

n

Butterfly

y

n

n

n

Ballet/toe Touch

y

n

n

n

Sitting Fix/Shoulder stretch

y

n

n

n

Soak up the sun

y

y

y

y

Spend time with Agents

y

y

y

y

Plan

y

y

n

n

Be in bed by 11:30

y

y

y

y

One good thing

y

y

y

y

Check seedlings

y

y

y

y

Homework Time

y

y

y

n

Pennisula/Island

y

y

y

y

Table / Half wall

y

y

n

y

Desk

y

y

y

y

Bathroom up

y

y

n

n

Bathroom down

y

n

n

n

Bedroom

y

y

n

n

Computer room

y

n

n

y

Basement

y

n

n

n

Clean off Dresser

y

y

y

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

y

n

n

Walk to Mordor

y

y

y

n

No eating after dinner

y

y

y

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

y

y

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

n

n

n

Eat Bananas Daily

y

y

y

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

y

y

y

Eat Breakfast

y

y

y

y

Eat Lunch

y

y

y

y

120 oz of water

y

y

n

n

Total points for challenge 326.1/360

Total Percentage: 90.5833333%

On 5/11/2018 at 12:12 AM, Tateman said:

Looks like you are doing well. I always hate those overwhelming type tasks. I feel like once I start, I don't want to stop. But then I don't want to start because there is too much to have to do. haha.

This is pretty much what I do too. Although I learned about a year ago I don't have time to commit to a big task all at once. Instead, I need to break it down to smaller manageable chunks (5 pages a day, or 10 minutes here or there) otherwise I will never do it. Using this system, I took our basement you could barely walk in and turned it into a place where we could wal kand get a treadmill and it is mostly clean. It just took a year.

I wish I had more time, but its just not on the schedule.

• Like 1

So just updated all my Walk to Mordor info. (Not counting today, which isn't officially done) I am about 5.2 miles outside Rivendell. I will get that today. Looks like I need a place to stay while I am there.

bfe23b202431c5c86dbc7415036a5c0e.jpg

That should work.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So just updated all my Walk to Mordor info. (Not counting today, which isn't officially done) I am about 5.2 miles outside Rivendell. I will get that today. Looks like I need a place to stay while I am there.

That should work.

Thats awesome!! 

Bean you are really hitting it home this challenge! 

• Like 1

Hi Bean Sidhe! I thought I'd introduce myself and just say that this is great! I love your details and your commitment! It's very inspiring :) Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

That should work.

That's where I stayed in Rivendell :D
Would recommend!
I'm on my way to Lothlorien now, will take months to get there and I cannot wait...
  • Like 2

Okay, update from yesterday, then replies to people.

First off, yesterday went pretty well except that I forgot my meds Sunday night so I had really bad reflux last night. So I ate ice cream (Dairy actually helps) after dinner, so I blew that goal, and I fell asleep on the couch and forgot to wipe down the sink in the bathroom up.

That being said, I noticed something yesterday. While I am still catching myself randomly saying "I need to lose X lbs" (I will just be walking somewhere or between jobs and I will say it either outloud or in my mind) 2 things are happening, The number went from 100 to 40 (Granted, still need to lose the 100, but hey) and b )  I feel like this is doable. I started to come up with goals for next challenge already. I am feeling better when I do my goals (shocker, I know) and while my energy hasn't increased yet, I am starting to get the "Maybe I could do an OCR or run" moments in my head. This hasn't happened in a while, so I am trying to stick with it.

I think part of it is that I am finally outside again and working outside, lugging compost and things is reminding me I am not as weak as I am afraid of. Not to mention, the SADD is finally clearing up, but I am walking regularly and its helping. I took 3 different walks yesterday. (Extra long way on 2 that involved the school, and a just because walk).

Part of this is also that at Mothers day, I had a reminder of what I DON"T want to be. I don't really want to do details, but lets just say, I don't ever want to be the cause of us having to change tables.

Overall, Maybe this is the challenge I needed. The Agents of Chaos get out of school in 8 days, and I am actually excited. We also came up with a new plan for lunches over the summer, which will hopefully give me more time and allow me to eat better where the Agents will be responsible for their own lunches. We will see how this goes.

Anyway, I am glad things are feeling better. now if one of my instructors would GRADE SOMETHING, that would be awesome (You know, because grades are due tomorrow).

Description

5/14/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

y

Soak up the sun

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

y

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Homework Time

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

n

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean off Dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

n

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

Eat Breakfast

y

Eat Lunch

y

120 oz of water

y

Total points for day 18.8

Total points for challenge 344.9/380

One good thing:  I finished a second "fun" book since finals were over

Time with Agents: Youngest Agent and I went "guerrilla gardening" at the school gardening with our extra tomatoes. I know the garden club teacher won't care, and it knocked us from 10 extra tomatoes to 4. (Really, its not true "guerrilla gardening" since i do have permission, I just didn't ask if they wanted the extra tomatoes But seeing as the fact that I am so involved in garden club, I am probably good)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Butternut said:

Thats awesome!! 

Bean you are really hitting it home this challenge! 

Thank you Butternut. I am hoping this is a sign that I am finally going to get back to feeling better.  I will say its nice to finally be doing well on a challenge.

9 hours ago, Amazon Ninja said:

Hi Bean Sidhe! I thought I'd introduce myself and just say that this is great! I love your details and your commitment! It's very inspiring :) Keep up the great work!

Welcome Amazon. It is great to meet you. Thank you for stopping in to say hi. I am glad that you are finding inspiration here. I am trying most days, and not all days are pretty, but I am hoping to get to where I want to be. I mostly design my challenges to work around the chaos that is my life, and sometimes it doesn't work, but lately it seems to be working. Thanks for the support.

5 hours ago, Tateman said:

I should do that walk to mordor challenge again :)

I will admit, it has taken so long to get to Rivendell since my walking was slower (and being sick for that month didn't help) I was losing interest. But finally getting somewhere helped. Hopefully I can make better progress while the weather is good

3 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

That's where I stayed in Rivendell :D
Would recommend!
I'm on my way to Lothlorien now, will take months to get there and I cannot wait...

Well, that is where I will stay, thanks for the recommendation. I will start the walk to Lothlorien (Actually I am one mile in now) but I have a feeling you will get there before I will.

Okay, so guess who made it yesterday

maxresdefault.jpg

Hopefully this is true

virtue-of-Rivendell.jpg

And I can continue on from here with a bit more peace of mind.

• Like 1

...I definitely skimmed some of the middle posts because I just got here, but your challenge looks great, Bean!  :D  

I also must ask--what is this new sitting fix/shoulder stretch you're doing?  I think I may need to do that myself.  ...and what is a meditating Groot stretch?  I'm so curious.  

And I'm stealing the ginger planting idea you gave to Wobbe.  I want more indoor plants, and ginger is actually on the list as non-toxic for kitties.  Yay!  @Wobbegong, did you actually grow any?  If so, any tips?

6 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

That being said, I noticed something yesterday. While I am still catching myself randomly saying "I need to lose X lbs" (I will just be walking somewhere or between jobs and I will say it either outloud or in my mind) 2 things are happening, The number went from 100 to 40 (Granted, still need to lose the 100, but hey) and b )  I feel like this is doable. I started to come up with goals for next challenge already. I am feeling better when I do my goals (shocker, I know) and while my energy hasn't increased yet, I am starting to get the "Maybe I could do an OCR or run" moments in my head. This hasn't happened in a while, so I am trying to stick with it.

This is so great!  :D  I'm so happy for your progress.  Getting to the point of finding doable goals for yourself is half the battle.  And whenever you're ready for that OCR, hit me up!  We can conquer a Spartan/tough mudder/warrior dash together!  :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jlailin said:

...I definitely skimmed some of the middle posts because I just got here, but your challenge looks great, Bean!  :D  

That is completely fine. There was a ton of stuff in here.

I also must ask--what is this new sitting fix/shoulder stretch you're doing?  I think I may need to do that myself.  ...and what is a meditating Groot stretch?  I'm so curious.  

So the sitting fix I am doing is from Darebee. I am really only worrying about the shoulder part, I don't do the leg ones (probably should)  https://darebee.com/workouts/sitting-fix-workout.html

The meditating groot pose is

groot_mandala_by_megmcmuffins-d86zzwz.jp

Actually, its just a Tree pose. Youngest Agent started calling it Meditating Groot and it sounded like more fun than Tree pose. I move my arms from the above the head version to in front of me and back while staying (mostly) on one foot.

tree-pose.jpg  tree_1.jpg

And I'm stealing the ginger planting idea you gave to Wobbe.  I want more indoor plants, and ginger is actually on the list as non-toxic for kitties.  Yay!  @Wobbegong, did you actually grow any?  If so, any tips?

I would say go for it. I have never grown it myself, but It should work.

This is so great!  :D  I'm so happy for your progress.  Getting to the point of finding doable goals for yourself is half the battle.  And whenever you're ready for that OCR, hit me up!  We can conquer a Spartan/tough mudder/warrior dash together!  :D 

Thanks. I am happy that I feel like this is worth it again. I knew I could do all of these things and I have done them before, I just had to actually sit down and make myself do it. Does that make sense? The OCR is still a bit away, but its probably doable. I just have to get strong enough to climb and pull myself up (or better at burpees, those I fail at pretty bad). But when I am ready, I will let you know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So the sitting fix I am doing is from Darebee. I am really only worrying about the shoulder part, I don't do the leg ones (probably should)  https://darebee.com/workouts/sitting-fix-workout.html

Oh, that scapula stretch felt great!  ...I really want to try that corner stretch, but I need to go look for an empty conference room somewhere.  I like hip flexor stretch on there a lot.  Ironically, all the sitting stretches I do are the leg ones on that list.  Need to add these shoulder ones in!  xD

Actually, its just a Tree pose. Youngest Agent started calling it Meditating Groot and it sounded like more fun than Tree pose. I move my arms from the above the head version to in front of me and back while staying (mostly) on one foot.

Hahaha, I like your name better.  

giphy.gif

I would say go for it. I have never grown it myself, but It should work.

I am going to try to buy myself a ginger root this Thursday!  Hopefully, I can find an organic one.  If not, I think I can soak it to get any non-sprout additives off...  

Thanks. I am happy that I feel like this is worth it again. I knew I could do all of these things and I have done them before, I just had to actually sit down and make myself do it. Does that make sense?

Yes, totally!  That decision transformation to action is the biggest step!  So happy for you for doing it.  :D 

The OCR is still a bit away, but its probably doable. I just have to get strong enough to climb and pull myself up (or better at burpees, those I fail at pretty bad). But when I am ready, I will let you know.

Yay!  Can't wait!  :D  ...honestly, I'd actually never done a burpee before my Spartan races.  I definitely could not say that by the end of my first one.  xD

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Oh, that scapula stretch felt great!  ...I really want to try that corner stretch, but I need to go look for an empty conference room somewhere.  I like hip flexor stretch on there a lot.  Ironically, all the sitting stretches I do are the leg ones on that list.  Need to add these shoulder ones in!  xD

For the corner one, we have a corner at the bottom of the stairs I use. The stretches themselves do help, especially after pulling 6 hours doing homework.

Hahaha, I like your name better.  

giphy.gif

I like the meditating Groot better too. It is just something that makes it a bit more fun than being a tree. I am trying to do more yoga, and I see some results in flexibility but I still don't "enjoy" it. OF course, I don't enjoy the body weight exercises either, but I am trying to force myself to do something. And once I get to the "hey, I feel stronger" it will pay off, but its the getting there that is hard.

I am going to try to buy myself a ginger root this Thursday!  Hopefully, I can find an organic one.  If not, I think I can soak it to get any non-sprout additives off...  

good luck, let me know how it goes.

Yes, totally!  That decision transformation to action is the biggest step!  So happy for you for doing it.  :D 

Now to keep it up. Last night wasn't so good. Ugh.

Yay!  Can't wait!  :D  ...honestly, I'd actually never done a burpee before my Spartan races.  I definitely could not say that by the end of my first one.  xD

Oh, I tried to do them for a challenge a couple months back. THat went badly and I go into the "I can't do them, so why do that goal" headspace. So instead, I am working on other things and will come back and try again in a couple of challenges.

• Like 1

Oops, I forgot to post for Tuesday, so here is Tues and Weds in review.

Tuesday was good goal wise. Not so good dinner wise since our menu went out the window with added activities.  I have been doing an extra walk in the evenings. However, I have also been falling asleep on the couch fairly early, so yeah, I know I am in bed by 11:30, but I think my body is trying to force me to rest some.

Tues Good news; I am finally getting things graded in my last class

Tues time with Agents; Youngest and I went for a walk and talked

Weds was good overall. Last garden club meeting for the summer. I had a good day mostly at work and finished cleaning the room that was worrying me (the class in there starts Monday) and still got a walk in with the family. However, after the walk, I got stupid tired. Not going to lie, I was talking to Hubby and started crying over nothing and saying "I want to go to bed, but I need to do my goals" and well, goals didn't happen. I was in bed by 9:30. Not going to lie, I am on my fake week, so the hormones don't help. So yesterday wasn't great, but my total % for the goals is still above 90. not by much, but here is to hoping today is better.

Weds good news : Last class everythign is graded and unless she weights things really weird, I got my A

Weds time with Agents: family walk

Description

5/15/2018

5/16/2018

Knee to Elbows

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

n

Meditating Groot

y

n

Butterfly

y

n

Ballet/toe Touch

y

n

y

n

Soak up the sun

y

y

Spend time with Agents

y

y

Plan

y

n

y

y

One good thing

Y

y

Check seedlings

y

y

Homework Time

y

y

Pennisula/Island

y

y

Table / Half wall

y

y

Desk

y

y

Bathroom up

y

n

Bathroom down

y

n

Bedroom

y

n

Computer room

y

n

Basement

y

n

Clean off Dresser

y

y

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

y

Walk to Mordor

y

y

No eating after dinner

y

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

y

Eat Breakfast

y

y

Eat Lunch

y

y

120 oz of water

y

y

Total points for Tuesday 20

Total points for Wednesday 14.4

Total points for challenge 379.3/420

• Like 2

On 5/18/2018 at 10:28 AM, Tateman said:

Nice job, and Woohoo for the A :)

Thanks, not going to lie, that one I was sweating. I didn't sweat as much for the work I was turning in, but rather the lack of graded points being returned. having over 42% of your grade ungraded after you take the final and can't do anything more, is a bit crazy.

Now to try and focus here a bit.

• Like 2

So challenge wise, I am doing great. I closed the challenge yesterday just because I knew I couldn't do it last night or today (too much going on).

That being said, I have been super productive and I am actually feeling okay. The tomatoes are in the garden (all like 45 of them) the peppers are in the ground, the cucumbers are in dirt to prepare for the ground, My front room is finally put back together for the first time since November (Tree goes up, tree comes down, seedling stuff goes up, seedling stuff just came down).

But I have sat here with a pretty bad headache today, and I am trying to look at my next challenge. Generally, I have it pretty much set up (most will be the same) however, I am stuck on 2 things I want to work on.

A) Homework time is being swapped for finding a way to work on my anxiety. Specifically, what can I do to help keep my anxiety under control. Now for those new to my story, I finally acknowledged/realized I had anxiety in like December I think. I have always been this way and I thought it was "normal" so it didn't seem like a deal. I have been diagnosed with depression since I was a teen (no meds for any of this mostly since I don't see a need) that comes and goes and I know how to handle it. However,  I was reading a post on anxiety since I have friends with it and it was me. With this news, I have seen the signs of it and am learning to handle it. I don't get big panic attacks as much as the constant spinning and the once I realize something could be wrong, I go worst case pretty fast. 

Why are you explaining this Bean? Because I think its time, when I have only one class and am home more, to figure out things that help it. My depression, I know what sets it off, I know ways to keep it more under control, and how to say "This is the depression talking" when its getting a bit rough. I want to find ways to do that with the anxiety. The big problem I have is I have no idea how to keep it under control. Does anyone have anything that helps with Anxiety, Any ideas? Googling just "ways to deal with anxiety" is not really helpful, so I thought I would ask people here and see what others may be doing or ideas they have.

Part B is I need to find another "surface" to keep clean. I am toying with doing the counter over the dishwasher, but that is a bit of a "just put it here" spot for everyone. Or I could do the rarely used shelf by the front door. However, if I am going to work on the spot above the dishwasher, now might be the time since we started getting a few ants from the weather getting nicer.  Or I could do the wipe down of the kids bathroom sink. However, part of me wants to make a kid do that since its not my bathroom. The adding 1 surface at a time is working, but I am unsure where to go next.

Okay, so anyone have any ideas here?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

The big problem I have is I have no idea how to keep it under control. Does anyone have anything that helps with Anxiety, Any ideas? Googling just "ways to deal with anxiety" is not really helpful, so I thought I would ask people here and see what others may be doing or ideas they have.

I had really bad anxiety as a child/teenager.  I had this irrational fear of natural disasters and I would wake my father up in the middle of the night because I was afraid the house was going to burn down.  This happened for a week, and then (I'm guessing he got tired of me interrupting his sleep :P ) and he explained this "tapping" technique.  Basically, you tap pressure points three times while thinking about your anxiety, acknowledging it, and then rationalizing it.  I would tap my wrist, my temple, and then heart.  In time, it became a calming anchor mechanism where I could just tap, and the physical sensation helped me calm down.  

19 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

That being said, I have been super productive and I am actually feeling okay. The tomatoes are in the garden (all like 45 of them) the peppers are in the ground, the cucumbers are in dirt to prepare for the ground, My front room is finally put back together for the first time since November (Tree goes up, tree comes down, seedling stuff goes up, seedling stuff just came down)

...do you have any tips for keeping squirrels from eating tomatoes?  I grew them on my balcony one year, but the squirrels not only stole my tomatoes but shredded the entire plant for what I can only assume was nesting material (it literally looked like green wood shavings one morning).  This was all despite me having my cat wander the balcony by the plants all day and putting clumps of his fur around the plants.  

On 5/17/2018 at 6:34 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

good luck, let me know how it goes.

I have planted my ginger last Saturday!  I've written myself reminders everyday to actually spray them with water until they sprout, and I have to remind myself to be patient since it'll probably take at least a week or two until I see them sprouting.  ...but I am ridiculously excited for little ginger plants!  :D  

• Like 1

I would be interested in what you find out to help with Anxiety. I feel I may need to evaluate mine a bit too. Though never diagnosed with anything really.

• Like 1

Bean, I'm so happy to read all your accomplishments!
I disappeared for a while, got a bad case of information overload... had to switch off :)
I hope your life is slightly less crazy busy now!

• Like 1

I had to step away for a while too since I could either achieve my goals or write about them but not enough time for both! 

I just read your Mother's Day post and wanted to reach into the computer and slap your mom and husband. Hope that's ok. Happy Belated Mother's Day!! 

Anxiety is a real b... I had to learn a whole lot of coping skills and it still gets to me. Some I got from therapists, others from friends, others from therapist friends (who are the best). For me it was really learning what my triggers are (social situations, consuming the wrong media and the list goes on and on...) and limiting exposure to safe amounts along with having my skills ready for when I am in those situations. For example, if I have a social event then I know to really limit news and other triggers so I can have as much of my energy and coping skills ready for the event. If that makes sense at all?? And OMG yes for reading descriptions of anxiety and thinking "wait! Yes!! that's me!"

Great job with this Quest! 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 10:54 AM, Jlailin said:

I had really bad anxiety as a child/teenager.  I had this irrational fear of natural disasters and I would wake my father up in the middle of the night because I was afraid the house was going to burn down.  This happened for a week, and then (I'm guessing he got tired of me interrupting his sleep :P ) and he explained this "tapping" technique.  Basically, you tap pressure points three times while thinking about your anxiety, acknowledging it, and then rationalizing it.  I would tap my wrist, my temple, and then heart.  In time, it became a calming anchor mechanism where I could just tap, and the physical sensation helped me calm down.  

See this makes sense. I don't get like big panic moments so much as all the sudden, my brain goes crazy with all the "Oh and he other thing" and then I am just spiraling. I may try the tapping idea in really bad moments. As it is, In this book I read, they talked about the main character trying to channel power from a lost civilization and she has a breathing technique I stole. As she breathes in and out, she takes too fingers and pulls the power into her and then releases the breath and does it again. It helps sometimes.

...do you have any tips for keeping squirrels from eating tomatoes?  I grew them on my balcony one year, but the squirrels not only stole my tomatoes but shredded the entire plant for what I can only assume was nesting material (it literally looked like green wood shavings one morning).  This was all despite me having my cat wander the balcony by the plants all day and putting clumps of his fur around the plants.  

Best answer, not really. I live more by the 1/3 for god (plants that don't germinate) 1/3 for nature (animals, random hail storm, ect) 1/3 for me (the stuff I can harvest). I would say you could try putting a small bit of used litter around the balcony, otherwise, I don't have much for squirrells. I still can't keep bunnies out of my yard.

I have planted my ginger last Saturday!  I've written myself reminders everyday to actually spray them with water until they sprout, and I have to remind myself to be patient since it'll probably take at least a week or two until I see them sprouting.  ...but I am ridiculously excited for little ginger plants!  :D 

Good luck,. I am all excited for you. I am watching the pineapple since this year we should get something from it.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 12:38 PM, Tateman said:

I would be interested in what you find out to help with Anxiety. I feel I may need to evaluate mine a bit too. Though never diagnosed with anything really.

Okay, so aside from the depression diagnoses when I was 16 (which they kinda did a "your an aghasty teen going through a bad spell, your better now") nothing is diagnosed with me.  So far, the main things I am doing is mostly just trying to get it out. Most the information I found in searching was what to do during an attack, adn I don't really get those. Its more the overall "AND ALL THE THINGS" problem. I will say Steve of NF did a anxiety blog this week and it helped (and got me to finally call the dentist).  this was more me than the big "Okay, can't breathe attacks"

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/overwhelmed-anxious-how-to-get-unstuck/

• Like 1