• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Just survive

On 5/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, Diadhuit said:

Bean, I'm so happy to read all your accomplishments!
I disappeared for a while, got a bad case of information overload... had to switch off :)
I hope your life is slightly less crazy busy now!

Thank you

I hope your better info overload is the worst and yeah it can require a bit of a walk way. Hope its better now (also hoping I keep up better this next challenge too since well,... I fell off a bit).

Less busy, your silly. Its just a different busy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kristenks said:

I had to step away for a while too since I could either achieve my goals or write about them but not enough time for both! 

I tend to take on more than I probably should. Sometimes it means just a step back, sometimes I just turn into goo suddenly.

I just read your Mother's Day post and wanted to reach into the computer and slap your mom and husband. Hope that's ok. Happy Belated Mother's Day!! 

My mom is like that sometimes. Its a thing with her, but I am just trying to deal with it instead of letting it fester. Hubby had did the best he could. Part of the forgetting was not knowing what to do. Flowers are huge since I knew I wasn't getting anything. He did order me a present, but it came after mothers day by about 2 days.

Anxiety is a real b... I had to learn a whole lot of coping skills and it still gets to me. Some I got from therapists, others from friends, others from therapist friends (who are the best). For me it was really learning what my triggers are (social situations, consuming the wrong media and the list goes on and on...) and limiting exposure to safe amounts along with having my skills ready for when I am in those situations. For example, if I have a social event then I know to really limit news and other triggers so I can have as much of my energy and coping skills ready for the event. If that makes sense at all?? And OMG yes for reading descriptions of anxiety and thinking "wait! Yes!! that's me!"

It can be. this is something I am working on slowly. Mostly I am just trying to get an idea. I did think of trying to keep a journal to work on figuring out triggers and what not, but I also don't want to overwhelm myself with it. I have to do things slowly and in small bites. With everything else I have, I just can't dedicate large amounts of time to anything, so its all smaller jobs/chores/tasks that eventually get the job done.  And it totally makes sense. And yeah, it helps to know I am not alone in this mindset, but I also need to remember, its not an excuse for not doing some things.

Great job with this Quest! 

Thanks, not going to lie, I needed a win since my last few have been not so great.

So time to close out things.

Challenge overall went really well, even with Finals in there. I finished the challenge with an overall percent of 90.85%. I think I made serious progress in getting back to where I want to, but I also think it had something to do with me getting back to where I feel like things aren't as bad. is it partially due to SADD, maybe, but I think its the fact that this seems doable again. 

Looking back, I had the most trouble with doing my stretches at night and some of the little tid bit cleaning. Now that I figured that out, I just need to put more effort into remembering to do them.

I started the new challenge already. I haven't gotten it up here yet, but I have the spreadsheet working. Most of this will return, but a few new things will be added. I need to keep to doing things ins mall 5 minute chunks and remember that I can accomplish something in that 5 minutes as opposed to going "I only have 5 minutes, I may as well not do anything."

Here is to hoping I can keep it up.

• Like 1

Part B list

·         Make Part B list

·         Post link to new challenge in old challenge

·         Plant mint plant

·         Replant Lemon Tree

·         Replant Lime tree

·         Finish Org homework for this week

·         Start Foundations homework Chapter 11

·         Start Foundations homework Chapter 12

·         Get old Vanity out of garage

·         Get old Sink out of garage

·         Music thing for Youngest Agent

·         Register Summer class youngest Agent

·         Update Kermit List

·         Start using Kermit list

·         Transplant Tomatoes

·         Transplant Peppers

·         Transplant Pineapple

·         Dental cleaning

·         Family Weekend

·         Bread for baby shower

·         Youngest Agent Carnival working

·         Nephews Birthday

·         Final Org class

·         Final Foundations class

·         Paper Foundations class due

·         Plant Morning Glory

·         Eldest School Teacher appreciation A

·         Youngest School Teacher appreciation A

·         Plant Potatoes

·         Order book for summer

·         Plant Peas

·         Clean up part be List

·         Update signature

·         Set up Bullet Journal

·         Figure out next step dental

·         Popcorn Youngest Agents school

·         Play Day Youngest agents school

·         Start planting garden

·         Don’t Panic about Today

·         Sign Youngest Agent up for Band

·         Clean up school stuff

·         Mothers day presents

·         Mothers day cards

·         Eldest School Teacher appreciation b

·         Eldest School Teacher appreciation C

·         Youngest School Teacher appreciation B

·         Youngests School Teacher appreciation C

·         Set up summer school stuff

·          Put away spring semester stuff

·         Catch up on NF

·         Plant succulents

·         Transplant Cucumbers

·         Transplant Broccoli

• Like 1

So time to close out things.

Challenge overall went really well, even with Finals in there. I finished the challenge with an overall percent of 90.85%. I think I made serious progress in getting back to where I want to, but I also think it had something to do with me getting back to where I feel like things aren't as bad. is it partially due to SADD, maybe, but I think its the fact that this seems doable again. 

Looking back, I had the most trouble with doing my stretches at night and some of the little tid bit cleaning. Now that I figured that out, I just need to put more effort into remembering to do them.

I started the new challenge already. I haven't gotten it up here yet, but I have the spreadsheet working. Most of this will return, but a few new things will be added. I need to keep to doing things ins mall 5 minute chunks and remember that I can accomplish something in that 5 minutes as opposed to going "I only have 5 minutes, I may as well not do anything."

Here is to hoping I can keep it up.

This is brilliant!! I knew you could do it! Yet is very very impressive considering all you manage!
What is SADD?
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 1:11 AM, Diadhuit said:

This is brilliant!! I knew you could do it! Yet is very very impressive considering all you manage!

Thanks, I am sorry I didn't see this before. I didn't log in. oops.

On 5/24/2018 at 1:11 AM, Diadhuit said:

What is SADD?

Seasonal Affective Disorder (I had one too many Ds apparently)  is something that can happen when your mood and energy are related to the seasons. So in the winter, I get less sun or time outside, I tend to be grumpier or more tired or my depression acts up more. I don't get it treated, but I wouldn;t be shocked to be told it was a thing in my case, I just (like most things) find my own ways around it and move on. but it can be really hard for many people.

info on SAD

Seasonal Affective Disorder (I had one too many Ds apparently)  is something that can happen when your mood and energy are related to the seasons. So in the winter, I get less sun or time outside, I tend to be grumpier or more tired or my depression acts up more. I don't get it treated, but I wouldn;t be shocked to be told it was a thing in my case, I just (like most things) find my own ways around it and move on. but it can be really hard for many people.

info on SAD

Oooh! That in something I didn't know, I think I know someone affected! Thanks for the info
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:04 AM, Diadhuit said:

Oooh! That in something I didn't know, I think I know someone affected! Thanks for the info

Glad to help, I finally made the corrilation between my depression getting so much worse in the winter and this a few years ago. I have been changing out lightbulbs to daylight bulbs and little things like that and it helps some.

Glad to help, I finally made the corrilation between my depression getting so much worse in the winter and this a few years ago. I have been changing out lightbulbs to daylight bulbs and little things like that and it helps some.
Look at how quickly time goes by! I found that if in winter I add a lunchtime walk I'm not too bad, otherwise... good luck talking to me! I don't think I have SAD (but it's summer and I'm happy, so that's not a datapoint)
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, Diadhuit said:
On 6/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Look at how quickly time goes by! I found that if in winter I add a lunchtime walk I'm not too bad, otherwise... good luck talking to me! I don't think I have SAD (but it's summer and I'm happy, so that's not a datapoint)

I generally don't get lunches at work, so I can't walk during that time, and I would walk to or from the school, but sometimes the weather is just so bad, its not safe, so I have to admit when I can't take that time outside and try to find other options.

Glad you have a system that is working tho.

I generally don't get lunches at work, so I can't walk during that time, and I would walk to or from the school, but sometimes the weather is just so bad, its not safe, so I have to admit when I can't take that time outside and try to find other options.

Glad you have a system that is working tho.
Ugh, the more you share about your work, the more it looks a very shitty one.
You have a huge amount of resiliance to stay for that long. I admire you :)
How is the challenge going?
  • Like 1

You have a huge amount of resiliance to stay for that long. I admire you
Oh, just realised I was reading the old challenge doh!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

You have a huge amount of resiliance to stay for that long. I admire you :)

My job was never meant for anyone to stay this long at it. Its a "temp" job and its not a great one. I could take a lunch, but I would need to be there longer (in the US, if you work 6 hours, you get a lunch, I work 5) which would throw off the whole pick up drop off thing for Agents. And I stay now because it means I am home more than I am not and the only other thing I could do is go back to retail which means working nights and weekends and holidays and I want to see my Agents when I can.

Challenge is a mess. Its been a long couple weeks. Heres a link to the new one.