Jump to content

Raptron Transfers to NF High


raptron

Recommended Posts

At my old school, we just did gymnastics and ate doughnuts all the time, but now I've got the chance for a fresh start and I am going to use the opportunity to just do better: better for my body and better for my personal growth. But, obviously still having fun in the mean time. I mean, I hear there's a kegger on Friday and I bet the cool kids will be there. ;) 

 

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=1005&h=a0d0b209

1. Homework

-Do prescribed physical therapy exercises as they are recommended

-Lift 3x per week

I want to work on all sorts of fun things (start going to the ninja gym! back twisting on tumbletrak! back handspring series! take a circus class!) but need to get my shoulder straight first. Lifting can be done without compromising it, I am pretty sure, so I will take my PT recommendations in stride and keep trying to get workouts in in the mean time. 

 

source.gif

2. Bagged lunch

-Track daily caloric intake for a few weeks

-Only weigh once weekly

-Stop tracking if I get weird or crazy about it 

I've got some new muscle (dude, my legs are insane this year) to show off and I want to lean out a bit for #croptopseason

 

giphy.gif

3. Shut up and drive

-Practice driving 4x

-Possibly schedule road test, if cannot schedule road test before permit expires, plan to get a new permit

Stop procrastinating and do the work. Schedule times to do this. 

 

giphy.gif

4. Stop being a slob

-Floss at least 5x per week

-Callus care at least 1x per week

-Moisturize face at least 4x per week

All of these are things I do with lighter frequency, so this should just be a nice step up towards doing more things for myself.

 

  • Like 8

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post

Awww yeah! Time to drive! :D High school were the best years I'll never remember...

  • Haha 1
Link to post

I always forget that there are people who live places with good public transportation that don't drive! I am such a Californian! Yay for learning the thing!

 

Also yay PT! I hope you can get your shoulder back in full awesomeness soon! Injuries are the worst!

 

I may do a food tracking thing this time too...definitely pondering it! I've been losing teh fluff via intuitive eating but I know it would probably be more efficient if I actually tracked...Also WOOHOO POWER LEGS. Quads for LIIIIFE!

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

                                               35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Link to post
1 hour ago, raptron said:

At my old school, we just did gymnastics and ate doughnuts all the time,

 

I mean, this doesn't sound like it sucks

 

1 hour ago, raptron said:

I want to work on all sorts of fun things (start going to the ninja gym!

 

I want to hear about the ninja gym

 

1 hour ago, raptron said:

I've got some new muscle (dude, my legs are insane this year) to show off and I want to lean out a bit for #croptopseason

 

Can I say your legs look great without sounding creepy? I'll just say "You look very nice in that dress you posted last challenge."

 

Great plan! Lots of things to keep track of! Pay attention to your PT homework so you can do all the things!

 

Freaks-Geeks.gif

  • Like 1

"We can be heroes"

 

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Link to post

yussssssss love the theme! git ur shoulder right!

F3DE.gif

  • Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to post
1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Awww yeah! Time to drive! :D High school were the best years I'll never remember...

:D

 

51 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

I always forget that there are people who live places with good public transportation that don't drive! I am such a Californian! Yay for learning the thing!

 

Also yay PT! I hope you can get your shoulder back in full awesomeness soon! Injuries are the worst!

 

I may do a food tracking thing this time too...definitely pondering it! I've been losing teh fluff via intuitive eating but I know it would probably be more efficient if I actually tracked...Also WOOHOO POWER LEGS. Quads for LIIIIFE!

POWER LEGS FOR REAL. And yes, thank youuu! 

 

Learner's permits last a full 2 years and mine expires by the end of May so... yeah, I have really leaned in on the procrastination on this one.

 

43 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I want to hear about the ninja gym

http://www.action-athletics.com/ ! My good friend was on the show twice and still works on this/competes regionally/nationally on the non-televised competition circuit. She works out here. I went a few times before they changed locations... the new one is a bit further out. SO LEARNING TO DRIVE WOULD ALSO BENEFIT MY POTENTIAL NINJA-ING. 

 

43 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Can I say your legs look great without sounding creepy? I'll just say "You look very nice in that dress you posted last challenge."

Absolutely! Thank you. :D

 

4 minutes ago, doctorake said:

Following along!

Sup.

 

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yussssssss love the theme! git ur shoulder right!

F3DE.gif

tumblr_nmx2cf5AEg1qdla50o6_400.gif

  • Like 7

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post
2 minutes ago, raptron said:

http://www.action-athletics.com/ ! My good friend was on the show twice and still works on this/competes regionally/nationally on the non-televised competition circuit. She works out here. I went a few times before they changed locations... the new one is a bit further out. SO LEARNING TO DRIVE WOULD ALSO BENEFIT MY POTENTIAL NINJA-ING. 

 

Ohhhhh that looks so fun.

 

 

"We can be heroes"

 

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Link to post
Just now, Mad Hatter said:

Well I'm not gonna hide it, I've totally been creeping on @raptron's legs on IG. ;) 

 

Hey look -- I'm a middle-aged dude talking to mostly much younger women on these boards all about our bodies.* :) I try to lean over backward to make sure I'm not creeping.

 

 

 

 

*our sexy, sexy bodies

  • Like 1

"We can be heroes"

 

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

 

Hey look -- I'm a middle-aged dude talking to mostly much younger women on these boards all about our bodies.* :) I try to lean over backward to make sure I'm not creeping.

 

 

 

 

*our sexy, sexy bodies

That's very gentlemanly of you considering how much we've been creeping on you*.

 

 

*Your butt. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

That's very gentlemanly of you considering how much we've been creeping on you*.

 

*Your butt. 

 

I consent to this

  • Like 2

"We can be heroes"

 

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Link to post

Yes, we are equal creeping creepers in heeeere!

RbJpT0p.gif

 

Also, guys. Videos are here and here is my disaster moment from Nationals floor:

giphy.gif

My bad arm (left) is weirdly ahead of the other and the whole thing just kind of SCRUNCHES. So bad, so sad. I didn't realize how coolly I Taylor Swift shaked it off in the moment, though. It was SOUL CRUSHING.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post
2 hours ago, raptron said:

Also, guys. Videos are here and here is my disaster moment from Nationals floor:

giphy.gif

My bad arm (left) is weirdly ahead of the other and the whole thing just kind of SCRUNCHES. So bad, so sad. I didn't realize how coolly I Taylor Swift shaked it off in the moment, though. It was SOUL CRUSHING.

 

No BS, if you didn't tell me there was an error in there I would 100% think it was intentional. You played it off really well.

 

Also, love the theme! And I'm a little shocked you're counting calories!!

  • Like 1

 Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Link to post
7 hours ago, raptron said:

here is my disaster moment from Nationals floor

I watched this clip multiple times and can't find the disaster part.  Are you sure you didn't actually post your 'awesome' video from nationals by mistake?

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
12 hours ago, raptron said:

I want to work on all sorts of fun things (start going to the ninja gym! back twisting on tumbletrak! back handspring series! take a circus class!) but need to get my shoulder straight first. Lifting can be done without compromising it, I am pretty sure, so I will take my PT recommendations in stride and keep trying to get workouts in in the mean time. 

 

Very sensible!

 

12 hours ago, raptron said:

-Moisturize face at least 4x per week

 

Ha ha ha :D Well I used to be on the same level of care as you I think. Then with the level of pollution here, I have had to increase that to once a day... And for the theatre premiere, the woman who does the make-up told me that my skin was way way too dry and that I should moisturize my face 3x A  DAY. I almost fell off my chair :lol:

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Link to post
16 hours ago, Chimichanga said:

Did someone say "crop top season?"

giphy.gif

Crops for everyone!

 

16 hours ago, MikeW said:

Also, love the theme! And I'm a little shocked you're counting calories!!

I knooow. It's definitely UNEXPECTED, but I haven't done it in a long time. I'm curious where things are landing lately. My approach of "eh, let's eat more veggies... maybe?" hasn't done anything for my body comp over the last few months. I'm a bit too busy right now to want to commit to a real meal prep plan or goal, so maybe going by the numbers will start to encourage more cooking at home. It's roundabout, but I'd be happy if I start saving some of that $$$ and maybe some kcals while I'm at it. I'm using a tracking app that tries to figure out your micronutrients and makes suggestions for foods you can do to catch up on those, so I think that kind of approach will encourage healthful behaviors as well. 

 

If I stay nice and sane, I might do it for a full 8 weeks? Little mini cut into summer. If I get weird about it or decide it's not really what I want to be doing, back to Salad Club it is. :) 

 

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

Here for awesome!

Welcome. <333

 

10 hours ago, @mu said:

Ha ha ha :D Well I used to be on the same level of care as you I think. Then with the level of pollution here, I have had to increase that to once a day... And for the theatre premiere, the woman who does the make-up told me that my skin was way way too dry and that I should moisturize my face 3x A  DAY. I almost fell off my chair :lol:

THREE TIMES A DAY?!??! Oh boy. Yeah, I'll take my baby steps for now. ;) 

 

16 hours ago, MikeW said:

No BS, if you didn't tell me there was an error in there I would 100% think it was intentional. You played it off really well.

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

A+++ performing. Fooled me. :)

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I watched this clip multiple times and can't find the disaster part.  Are you sure you didn't actually post your 'awesome' video from nationals by mistake?

4 hours ago, doctorake said:

This

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

That was a brilliant recovery. Had I not known your level I wouldn't have guessed it was a mistake either! That sassy wrist flick could've fooled anybody. :) 

2 hours ago, sylph said:

Same! Excellent recovery.

2 hours ago, Happienumber said:

14th person here to mention I didn't see an error either emoji14.png A+ recovery and disguising-of-mistake.

Ahahah, thank you guys. :P

 

After we competed on Friday, I took Saturday - Tuesday as REST DAYS. Yes, me! Resting. :) There was still plenty of walking around and a good deal of dancing, but no formal workouts. NOT A ONE. Monday was the marathon in Boston, so we did some spectating but the weather was atrocious. One of my favorite bartenders is leaving us for the pastoral paradise of Portland, Maine after this weekend, so we visited him on Monday night and of course were there until closing, oops. Tuesday, I went grocery shopping, made dinner, and took a very important nap. 

 

But here we are, ZERO WEEK UPDATES.

vmars_gangready.gif

 

Day 0.3

f84744e51d8655af09e5bb5f75c6645c.png

My shoulder is not quite playing with the team during bench press, but squats felt great. Plus abs and glutes and just being in the gym was fun and good after 4 days off. 

 

Homework: 1/3 lifting, 0/4 PT

Bagged lunch: 1/1 days tracked (2024 kcal | 132g protein <-- maybe I'll track my average here?), 0 weigh-ins

Shut up and drive: 0/4 driving lessons, road test not scheduled

Slobbishness: 1/5 flossing, 0/4 face moisturizer, 0/1 callus maintenance

 

I went to physical therapy this morning and she did a lot of heating and soft tissue work to get us started. My exercises were a ton of face-down lying with my arms out, pulling them up with straight arms and trying to just use between my shoulders and NOT my upper traps -- lol whaaat? but upper traps pls. I did a lot of variations of that. Then she had me do a lot of very light rows on the bad side while lying down with the same idea of just trying to pull between my shoulder blade. Plus then this other row variation where you swing it out like a reverse fly kind of? They were hard.

 

This week my PT homework is some thoracic stretching and not doing gymnastics skills with a lot of power transfer through the hands. <_< Laaame. However, she didn't put on any lifting restrictions, so I'll keep at it! I'm still a bit blue about the whole shoulder sitch, so I did some retail therapy: 

3558dd4127cea84224a267ed07a230ad.png

tumblr_ol7wva5qQV1vvttejo1_500.gif

 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post
1 hour ago, raptron said:

trying to just use between my shoulders and NOT my upper traps -- lol whaaat? but upper traps pls.

IS HARD

  • Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines