• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

The Rebel Guild's Spring Cleaning Spree

The guild has been collecting dust over the past few months, and those cobwebs in the corner are getting a little too big for comfort. Or maybe it's the spider that's getting too big for comfort... And when was the last time anyone used that? It's time for a little Spring Cleaning!* (Or Fall Cleaning, depending on where you are.)

tumblr_m30u08fDcx1qaymhvo10_500.gif

This mini challenge has no spreadsheet. You can participate in all of it, or just part of it (or even none of it). It's all up to you. Complete the quests at your own pace. You can post your responses here, or just keep them saved somewhere for yourself. This is open to anyone from any guild, and you don't need a four week challenge to participate. Questions? Just ask here or message me!

*Actual cleaning may or may not be involved. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

QUEST ONE

A ) Imagine yourself at the max level. What is the greatest strength you can bring to an adventuring party? What cool skills do you have? What are you most known for? What is your greatest accomplishment? If you see yourself as more of a support character, what do all of the adventurers come to you for?

B ) If you wrote a list of goals or some kind of plan at the beginning of the year (or whenever), take it out and dust it off. Have you accomplished anything on it? Is there anything on that list that you aren’t really interested in anymore? Do you have any new goals? Now’s the time to add, remove, rewrite, and whatever else you need to do to get you excited about the future. (If you don't have a list, consider taking some time to make one.)

C ) Compare your answers from the first two parts ( A and B ). How well do they line up? Do a lot of your goals tie in with where you want to be at max level? Or are your goals all over the place? Is it more important to you to stick to your main quest, or would you rather go on a bunch of side quests along the way?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oooo yay! I love a good bit of Spring cleaning (how do you convey sarcasm through writing?)

Ahha! 

But I do love a bit of reflection/review!

• Like 2

A) strength: Hard to say, currently it's one of those

- my unwavering lifted spirit and humor even in the face of failure and imminent doom (and not exclusively other peoples failure and imminent doom...)

- my understanding nature  that gives me the ability to negotiate with witches, orcs and personal trainers alike

- cooking all kinds of delicious and nutritious meals with all kinds of ingredients that look and taste surprisingly similar.

At max level it could be one of those:

- in case the adventuring party is caught by the minions of a hostile overlord, I'd win the push-up duel against their champion thus forcing them to release us according to overlord-minion-push-up-duel regulations (in case of a tie, I'd win by additional pull-ups)

- In case the party is attacked by a swarm of poisonous mosquitos I could knock them (the mosquitos) all out out with a barrage of light but very fast punches

- cooking all kinds of delicious and nutritious meals with all kinds of ingredients that look and taste intentioally different.

B  ) the list, yes... there was one... wait...

1. My weight will be below 88 kg... yes, has been below 88 for nearly a month now, try to keep it stable below 87 for a week now :)

2. I will be able to do 10 pull-ups... until now I can do 0 without assistance, but there is progress since I use less resistance bands than before for support

3. I will be able to do 50 push-ups...just tried it and can do 17 clean ones (fail on 18)

In order to do so I planned to do the following:

- Log the food intake... I do that for about 3 months now

- Will have an intermittent fasting day on Mondays... Skipped that, since I used to train in the morning and needed food afterwards, but I can pick that up again

- Will do and finish the Body Beast Workout Program... Did it every day for the first 7 weeks... then took a one week break... now did week 8 and 9 of the program for the last 4-5 weeks... still ongoing

- adjust my meal plans accordingly... did that. On workout days I take care that I eat enough protein and don't mind the carbs to fill up my energy. On lazy days I eat less, since I need less.

C  ) Compare

- Push-up goals  from B fully match my max. level push-up dueling skill from A. There is a story here. Last year in August I made a bet with a friend that we both have to do 50 push-ups  same time this year. She's way ahead with her rep numbers, and with my 17 reps I still have to put a lot of work into it, but I still can do it. :)

- My cooking skills from A are useful for adjusting my meal plans in B

- The Body Beast workout improves my overall strength although I want to have more focus on the whole pull-up / push-up thingy. But I started it and I want finish although it lost importance to me.

• Like 4

Sweet mini! Thanks, Zeroh!! 

A ) Max Level: 

I know the area where I live like the back of my hand. I can recommend something fun for anyone with any interests, and I know a lot of people doing various things around town. I'm part of a strong local community, and have allies wherever I go. I am mentally stable and can offer a shoulder to anyone who needs me, and I have a strong support network for when I need that shoulder. I am physically fit, meaning I can participate in any activity I like without worrying my body will let me down. I have no extreme vitamin deficiencies and no unmonitored medical conditions. 

B ) The List: 

My list was a little messy because I wasn't sure how my travel plans were going to sort out, so it definitely needs some dusting! For the most part, I have met my lifestyle (reading/writing/traveling/mental heath) goals, but not my physical (food/exercise) goals. I was working on a C25K that got interrupted by moving to a foreign country, and I let my yoga fall by the wayside. My diet goals were haphazard to begin with, but since moving I've actually gotten them much more streamlined and I'm very happy with my current practice on that front. 

C ) Compare: 

One of my travel goals was to move to Japan, which I successfully did. The place where I live now has the community I want and the people here are ready and waiting to draw me into it. I couldn't be happier about that, but it does make me wonder if I'll ever be able to leave, and if I do, will I ever be able to find this kind of community again somewhere else? That's a question for a few years from now. In the meantime, I'm getting to know the local restaurant scene and also the local attractions, and developing contacts in the SCUBA world with the hope of fleshing out my interests there. I have a listed goal of doing something new in the area every week, and pursuing that goal will help with reaching my max level. 

So far I have two people here in town who seem likely to become close friends in time, who can act as a support network. In addition, since moving my network back home seems to have strengthened, and I'm doing much better at keeping in touch with family members and friends. I don't know if that will lapse as the novelty of my being abroad wears off, so that too is something that I will have to wait to find out about. My goals for mental health and stability are mostly written around research and increasing self-knowledge, but to be honest one of the biggest things I could do for my mental health was move away from my mother, and I did that. (Feels great.) I'm still interested in the book-learning aspect and I'm often able to put that information to use helping friends, so those goals will stay. 

In my old life, I was mostly sedentary. Since coming here, I walk everywhere and spend several hours a day standing or pacing around a classroom. However, my goals are mostly written around actual exercise programs, which haven't worked for me in the past despite a strong level of interest. I am going to let those go for a while and see how the change in lifestyle affects my body before I decide whether I really want to push myself to pursue those training programs or not. 

• Like 4

QUEST ONE

A ) Imagine yourself at the max level. What is the greatest strength you can bring to an adventuring party? What cool skills do you have? What are you most known for? What is your greatest accomplishment? If you see yourself as more of a support character, what do all of the adventurers come to you for?

At Max level... I have never thought about it. I know where I want to get eventually

I want to be:

Healthy weight

Healthy in general (including the dental drama)

Finish school

Have a full time job to help the family

Produce enough food to keep us happy and healthy, and not have to buy everything. Maybe even get bees eventually.

Have a good relationship with my kids and my chosen family.

Get out of debt

Complete a full Spartan (or at least some sort of OCR, but I really want a Spartan completion)

But I never saw myself as the hero of anything. Maybe it’s the fact that my family all came invading in this weekend and was a whirlwind of fun and laughter and love, and then left as fast they came, but I guess I want to be Aunt Meg from Twister. The team gets close and all basically mutiny so they can to walk up to my house, uninvited and know they will have a place to shed their cares and find solace, find a good meal or 3 or however many I can give them before they have to rush back out to their next adventure. I want my kids to do this as they grow up, my nieces and nephews, my brothers and sisters, to all know, when the world is hard or scary, they have a safe place to come and just be for as long as they want or need to be.

B ) If you wrote a list of goals or some kind of plan at the beginning of the year (or whenever), take it out and dust it off. Have you accomplished anything on it? Is there anything on that list that you aren’t really interested in anymore? Do you have any new goals? Now’s the time to add, remove, rewrite, and whatever else you need to do to get you excited about the future. (If you don't have a list, consider taking some time to make one.)

Sadly I meant to make a list of goals, but then my life went silly and it never happened. I don’t have a plan for this year, but I probably need to make one. I never really did it because I knew the end goal, but never how to get there.

I guess this year I want to:

Do our color run with Youngest Agent. Maybe even run parts of it.

Try to work on upping my speed and get a better time at the timed 5K in October?

Lose at least 20 lbs (I could stand to lose a lot more, but that’s a bit over 2 lbs a month between now and December)

Get the eating under control so I am not great most of the time, then blowing it others

Get the garden in

Get the harvest preserved before it goes bad

Have a least 2 more get togethers with the chosen family

Finish all Semesters (spring, summer, fall) with A in the class

Figure out a plan for dental issues.

Clean out more clutter.

C ) Compare your answers from the first two parts ( A and B ). How well do they line up? Do a lot of your goals tie in with where you want to be at max level? Or are your goals all over the place? Is it more important to you to stick to your main quest, or would you rather go on a bunch of side quests along the way?

I guess my problem is, I know where I want to go, and I know the steps to get there, I am just not sure how the timing will work. Can I get all of that done? Is it possible to get that weight loss, or will I continue to stagnate at the same weight. I am fine with doing side quests and the main. I guess I keep hoping that if I do enough of the side quests, the main quest will just happen. I dunno how any of this lines up. I stink at planning long term. Mostly because I don’t know what my life looks like in 4 months, so why try to plan anything that far out.

• Like 3

QUEST ONE

I can walk long distances (10km on a working day is something that happens)

I can build stuff with a hook, and also with a screwdriver. I am a woman of many skills (master of none )

IRL I am known for having more hobbies in a week than people in a lifetime and for being a good coder (not sure if this is helpful in an adventure...)

As a sidekick adventurers that meet me would find who has the information/object/skill they need. (IRL I am known for being a connector)

I didn't write one, but I had a look at the 4wc dream big. I have a plan to accomplish one by this challenge and working on others. I am slightly confused on a couple of goals that are in conflict to each other now. Will see where life will bring me.

Yes and no. My goals are all over the place because of the broadness of my hobbies.

Funnily enough the me at max level is quite close to me right now. But sometimes I get too tired to be me right now

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I am a woman of many skills (master of none emoji3.png)

Yeah but you know how that saying really ends, right? 

Jack of all trades, master of none

But better than a master of one

2 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

But sometimes I get too tired to be me right now emoji3.png

I feel this with all my heart

• Like 2

At max level I will be:

A warrior goddess. Physically I can run for miles, Lift 2x my body weight, I am a black belt and able to beat the crap out of you in seconds, however I choose not to because I am wise beyond my years, and have more important things to do like finish planning my hike up Mt. Everest. I am an experienced traveler. I spend weeks in the woods with my kids on hiking adventures. My family business is so stable that my husband and I can afford to be away from the office for a month at a time so we vacation in Italy. All of our kids feel safe and secure at home and we host taco night once a week (when we are in the country) where our hoe is filled with joy, laughter, lots of close friends and lots of mead. (What feast would be complete without mead?)

I didn't really plan any over arching yearly goals, but if I did they would be to continue my workouts, and eating healthier. To convert my chub into muscle (warrior Goddess remember), and to do more fun things with my kids.

My goals do line up with what I want to be when I grow up. I am a very step by step kind of person and I enjoy having a plan. Sticking to the plan not so much. I have been seriously struggling with keeping on my workouts and what I have been eating has gone to crap. I am under a huge amount of stress constantly and eating it. 

• Like 4

A ) At max level: 

I would be able to move through anything that comes at me with ease because I would be mentally and physically prepared for it. So overall health would be important for me. My greatest strengths for an adventure party would my endurance the work through tough situations, my focus on the details, my ability to learn/retain new information and my creativity/ingenuity. I really would say that I would be the support that has the ability to lead when necessary. 

B ) Goals: 

Most of the goals on my list are things that I yet to complete off previous goal list 

This includes:

Learn/Improve on four languages (Spanish, French, Swedish, ASL)

Learn guitar

Eat more vegetables

Try to use a salmon ladder

and complete a Spartan Race or something similar

C ) The comparison

At first it seemed that my goals and where all over the place but I realized that they do have one thing in common with my max level which is my overall health. 

• Like 4

QUEST ONE

Honestly, I feel like I'm naturally more of a support character that is often forced to be an adventurer.  Me at max level would have the skills to be both.  I'd have further honed my cooking/baking skills and knowledge to a wider array of cuisines and master their techniques to be able to apply them wherever my whims and fancy take me.  I would be a great writer and artist whose words and imagery whisk others into away into other worlds.  I would be the maker of things--designing and tailoring costumes, building small pieces of furniture, growing foods and flowers in a garden...  As a support character I'd fill others' worlds with amazing things.  

As an adventurer, I'd be charming and charismatic.  I'd dazzle with daring dance moves and enrapture with story telling.  I'd be graceful enough to do pirouette and strong enough to dead lift.  My body wouldn't hold me back from doing any of the crazy dance freeze poses or acrobatic tricks that I'd want to do.  As an adventurer, there would be nothing that I couldn't do.           

Yes, I made a list for my first challenge this year! :)  Things have been going pretty well.  I've actually accomplished a fair amount of things on it.  My living space looks completely different now, and it's still on its way to becoming better.  My friend also came visited me and "organized my life", so now I finally have a system for my things rather than just haphazardly throwing stuff in space.  I've still got a lot of things left, but I'm definitely on my way!

...Surprisingly enough, they actually do.  I was expecting them to be completely different, but all of my tasks on there match up to something I want to achieve at my max level (I suppose it helps that I listed a lot of stuff xD).  There are some goals that don't have tasks to achieve them yet, but I figure that will come in time.  I must be patient with myself and remind myself that I can do anything at anytime but I can't do everything at once. :P 

• Like 3

Jack of all trades, master of none
But better than a master of one

I had no idea! I only ever heard the first part! That's so reassuring, thanks for letting me know!!
  • Like 3

I am a very step by step kind of person and I enjoy having a plan. Sticking to the plan not so much. I have been seriously struggling with keeping on my workouts and what I have been eating has gone to crap. I am under a huge amount of stress constantly and eating it. 

I am sooo this as well! I spend hours planning just to see all that fall apart every.single.time.
I have found that preparing my meals in advance (at least breakfast and lunch) is really helpful, and organising not to have more than one 'event' per evening (night out with friends, hobby, house viewing,...) avoids being completely swamped. Not sure if my experience could be of any help to you, as I think our lifes are quite different even if we face the same issues :)
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I had to google to know what it is, but still not sure how do you use it?

I was more is saw of it and wonder if I could do it but I knew it would be a lot of hard work and practice to get there.

• Like 3

I love learning so at my max level my brain is full of useful and useless information, I'd like to add a few more languages to my repertoire, improve a few more crafts, finish my studies. I'd basically be the wise old woman adventurers come to and ask "HALP! what do???" But I also see myself as someone with the strength, endurance and agility to effortlessly climb onto a tree. Basically a jack of all trades who can be either the hero or support other adventurers. (Though I already have the greatest strength I'd bring to an adventuring party: staying calm during a crisis so I can find a solution. Right now I'm more of a villain who knows the solution and still watches chaos unfold.)

I did make a list but unfortunately I have achieved only one thing on it yet and there are quite a bunch of things I cannot do anymore due to time restrictions but I'm still working on everything else on it.

My goals and my vision of me at max level do align apart from some minor side quests (which I very much enjoy).

• Like 4

On 4/26/2018 at 4:35 AM, Inazea said:

Right now I'm more of a villain who knows the solution and still watches chaos unfold.

Dying of laughter over here. I also have the "calm in a crisis" thing down and recently I also learned the "this is not MY crisis" trick but I had never thought of it in those terms! I love it! 

• Like 5