• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dancezwithkittehz

dancezwithkittehz REMEMBERS TO DRINK WATER

17 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

with the new added difficulty that lady clothes are NOT cut for people with arm muscles AT ALL.

This infuriates me. I pulled out last year's summer wardrobe and exactly zero of the baby tees fit in the shoulder and arms. I'm left with only baggy men's tshirts that I swim in... except the arms. I feel your pain. Grats on getting so much stuff done, though, and yes, you absolutely can nap for a month. Get to it. 

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

This infuriates me. I pulled out last year's summer wardrobe and exactly zero of the baby tees fit in the shoulder and arms. I'm left with only baggy men's tshirts that I swim in... except the arms. I feel your pain. Grats on getting so much stuff done, though, and yes, you absolutely can nap for a month. Get to it. 

Finding clothing that fits is SO DAMN ANNOYING. Finding something that fits muscles and fits the boobs but is also not so giant and I am swimming in it is....a struggle. When I find the rare top (or pants when it comes to super quads) I tend to buy multiples in all the colors! With advances in body scanning and 3d printing surely someone can make a magical clothing machine to make shit tailored to fit on step one? RIGHT?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Finding clothing that fits is SO DAMN ANNOYING. Finding something that fits muscles and fits the boobs but is also not so giant and I am swimming in it is....a struggle. When I find the rare top (or pants when it comes to super quads) I tend to buy multiples in all the colors! With advances in body scanning and 3d printing surely someone can make a magical clothing machine to make shit tailored to fit on step one? RIGHT?!

Hahahahahahahaha, yeah no. Because it's much more profitable if we keep women feeling insecure and frustrated about their bodies... not that I have strong opinions and a rant prepared about that, at all. 

Welcome to the main reason why I got into sewing. I'm finally decent enough at it to make work clothing, although just simple shirts, skirts, and pants, nothing fancy. Could always go the spray-on clothing route... :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Hahahahahahahaha, yeah no. Because it's much more profitable if we keep women feeling insecure and frustrated about their bodies... not that I have strong opinions and a rant prepared about that, at all. 

Welcome to the main reason why I got into sewing. I'm finally decent enough at it to make work clothing, although just simple shirts, skirts, and pants, nothing fancy. Could always go the spray-on clothing route... :)

I know how to sew but finding the time to do it with all the ridiculous time consuming hobbies I have is a whole other thing! I am trying to stick to max amount of sewing is making some small alterations (strap length etc) on a shirt that otherwise mostly fits. I'm SHORT in addition to busty and muscle-y so essential every top ever that actual fits boobs+ around my back the straps are SUPER LONG and I'm like just no...why.... But the one top I DID bother to do this for recently is seriously my best fitting dressy tank top I have EVER had soooo I think it's worth trying again! 

I also need to get better about tailoring neck lines which I think should be not too bad to do. I realize wide straps are complimentary for me on a tank top, but a high neck line on the back makes my back look super huge. I guess much like a v neck on the front helps balance out the ridiculous amount of boobage, a bit of a v cut/ cut down a bit on the back helps break up the line of the back and make it look smaller. So basically I want to go add v necks to all my tops that don't have them as well as alter the back neckline to be cut a bit lower and v-ish as well. V NECKS EVERYWHERE!  (Sidenote: I do find it weird that a v neck which ostensibly actually shows MORE cleavage actually makes my chest look slightly smaller? SCIENCE! Or something.)

• Like 1

Annnnd house problems never end right now. We have a water leak that sprung somewhere in the back apartment and then while they were back there getting the new stove installed my mom says she smelled gas so we are also getting the gas company out today. UGH. Beginning to wonder if we should look into seeing how much it would cost to repipe the entire house. o.o but it's a big ass house and I'd hate to think what that would cost.

Plumbing crisis averted! And I was actually able to sleep and not have my house is going to fall apart stress dreams! Yay!

Also, I realized at dance last night that I HAVE VISIBLE SHOULDER MUSCLES NOW. I don't know what you call the muscle when you have that nice shoulder cap defined muscle look thing but IT LOOKS AWESOME. I r so proud! :D

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Plumbing crisis averted! And I was actually able to sleep and not have my house is going to fall apart stress dreams! Yay!

Also, I realized at dance last night that I HAVE VISIBLE SHOULDER MUSCLES NOW. I don't know what you call the muscle when you have that nice shoulder cap defined muscle look thing but IT LOOKS AWESOME. I r so proud! :D

DELTS. :D 

Sorry about all the property ownership woes you've had lately but it sounds like you're powering through! 

56 minutes ago, raptron said:

DELTS. :D 

Sorry about all the property ownership woes you've had lately but it sounds like you're powering through! 

Yeah! Those!

And yeah, house stuff has been UGH but I am managing! THANK GOODNESS FOR BEER AND EXERCISE! And kitties. lol

• Like 1

I've heard of beer and skittles.... beer and kitties sounds much better. :) Grats on the delts, and good luck with the house stuffs. 

I apparently must have passed one of those "so stressed out it's going to take a while to feel less grumpy" walls with the reno for the back apartment. So grumpy and irritable! It's better this week than last at least!

I am doing OK challenge wise though except for the cardio goal -- I don't really feel like making myself go outside and deal with possibly running into people so running/walking has been very not happening. I am planning to pick up a jump rope so I can do that at home and sneak in cardio while still being a hermit as much as possible! I am doing well on water goal though! And I definitely did at least an hour of decluttering this weekend. It was SO NICE to be able to spend time cleaning MY OWN HOUSE and space! :D:D:D

• Like 1

ALL THE FOOD. ALL THE FOOD. That is how I end this challenge. Hahahahaha.

Overall I think I did OK on this challenge considering all I had going on in life! I faaaaailed the cardio goal hard though, so that one definitely needs to happen again next challenge round, and I need to find a way to make myself actually do it-- I ordered a jump rope so hopefully that will help! Sneaking in 5 min of jump rope = better than nothing! Maybe that will be a goal actually, 5 min of jump rope every day!

I also think I may do an art goal to make sure I am doing charcoal work more often. The thing I struggle with with that is thinking of what to draw, and then having a picture there to draw off of. I have been using my phone to have the picture that I want to draw but the whole phone goes asleep thing and it's a tiny picture etc. is kind of annoying. I'm thinking I need to print out a picture to work from so I don't have to fight with my phone. (Also, I blend out charcoal with my fingers so constantly poking at my phone is challenging without getting charcoal all over it!!!)

Would doing one of those "turn your phone into a projector" things help? I don't know how dim the lights need to be, but it would make the picture bigger (and you can temporarily turn off the "go to sleep" feature while art-ing). Hope things have settled down for you, and the grumpiness can dissipate. 

26 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Would doing one of those "turn your phone into a projector" things help? I don't know how dim the lights need to be, but it would make the picture bigger (and you can temporarily turn off the "go to sleep" feature while art-ing). Hope things have settled down for you, and the grumpiness can dissipate. 

I didn't know that was a thing! Could work maybe although my set up currently wouldn't be perfect for that. I've been working on drawing while I watch TV and we dont have a lot of spare wall space in my living room (could probably figure out a way to do that though with some ingenuity!) I'll probably want to get a better set up going in my bedroom and with better light once I get a bit more in practice and I am happier with how things are turning out! I have a giant-er sized drawing pad and my board thing it attaches to for once I am ready to do bigger works I might actually want to show people! (I got a letter sized one I can sit in my lap that I am using for now.)  I also want to try dorking around with pastels soon, but I can't find the last set of those I bought so I guess I need to buy more! Woops!

• Like 1

I decided to do one final measure-in for this challenge wrap up, out of curiosity. Most measurements are the same but the hips are down to 42 from 43. Yay! Except it's making my belly look even bigger. UGH. I forgot to measure the belly fluff though so it's possible it's smaller also. I think I may be on the verge of another shrink down in that area as it is extra droopy and obvious right now (which usually means I've lost some fat and the skin around needs to shrink down to catch up.)

• Like 1