• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena - 2nd verse same as the first....

On 5/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, Athaclena said:

Papa passed peacefully this morning. Hubby and I are driving down either overnight tonight or tomorrow morning.  My flight from home back to Atlanta to catch my work flight to Dallas Monday is booked. He'll drive back to Atlanta Monday or Tuesday.

I am sorry for your loss. Good luck being home with your family.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, Athaclena said:

I wish we'd done this in our 30's when I had more energy. Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure I had much more energy in my 30's either.....

I am saying the same thing about some of the things I am doing only about having done it in my 20s. Of course, in my 20s, I was doing good to know which day it was, so yeah right there with you. At least you are working on getting this done now and not in 10 or 15 years. (or my family members that thought "I should start cleaning. I know, I will hire the Agents to do it for me"

Good luck this week. and *hugs* that things go okay

First of all - I'm still alive..... And considering the food choices over the weekend I did well. I'm glad I didn't eat nothing but sweets for 2 days - because I'm from the south and that's how we roll at funerals. Brownies, cookies, cakes and deviled eggs. And SWEET TEA. That's how we deal with grief....

The funeral was wonderful (as much as these things can be), my brother did a wonderful eulogy. We all laughed, we all cried. That pretty much sums up my Papa :) Spent a LOT of the weekend reminiscing and telling stories - some of which I'd never heard. So far, very little "fallout" on the drama scale, the cousin that's the biggest issue didn't show (thankfully), but the cousin who's the instigator DID. He said hello, I said hi then turned around and walked off. Anything short of a full apology will get no nicer response from me. Period. I expect the drama lull to not last the week *sigh*. I'm pretty sure lawyers and judges will be involved. And that's not even getting into my grandfather's estate. *I* don't wonder why I left and almost never go back to visit......

Made it to my flight Monday and had a nice time in Dallas. Was able to catch an earlier flight home yesterday and make it home in time for a late night dinner with hubby (even if it DID require a middle seat in the back of the plane). Followup call with the Dallas client's EU counterpart this morning was a cluster -  we're talking actual yelling - because no project can be perfect LOL. But I got my documentation turned over and the client can deal with their internal BS. It IS nice to know sometimes that other companies have mucked up internal issues too LOL.

Muddling through the rest of the day....

Just remember to take things a step at a time. The difficult times will pass, you sound a well organised person, have your husband for support and are doing your best