So, time to finish this challenge trilogy that started on Feb 5 - to go out of my comfort zone into the unknown and run the Wings for Life World Run as fast as I can. It wasn't easy for Luke to turn himself in to two most powerful Sith in the Death Star II in a desperate effort to restore freedom to the galaxy in that final battle. And it was quite a duel, both physically and even more psychologically, just like every good race.

giphy.gif

So, the main quest again stays the same (though I am rising the minimum to 12 km instead of 10 km) and it will hopefully and finally be fulfilled during this challenge. Subquests are also very similar, with upgrades/increases (marked purple). Why? I don't want to experiment too much before the race; I just want to hold myself accountable and improve on those things that work for me. Subquest 4 is entirely the same since I failed it last time. Decided to put to an end to those hurried devotions by designating at least 20 min of uninterrupted devotions, which means I'll have to be really disciplined in going to bed in time (Subquest 4) so that I can also get up in time to do the devotions before the day kicks in.

Main quest: Run between 12 and 15 km in the Wings for Life World Run (Zadar location) on May 6

Wings-for-life-po%C4%8Detak-utrke-980x55

Subquest 1: do: (a) >6500 steps each day; (b) 1 weekly long run (>12 km, but shorter in the taper week); (c) 1 weekly speedwork with <5:30 min/km.

-> 3 STA + 2 DEX

Subquest 2: strength train 3 times a week with a weekly increase of the reps in a set on the pull-up bar (+1 rep each week - starting from 5 half pull-ups and 10 half chin-ups).

-> 2 STR

Subquest 3: have a: (a) vegan protein powder after each workout and (b) an IF three times a week.

-> 1 CON: facilitates muscle gain & repair and fat loss + 1 CHA: increases attractiveness and confidence

Subquest 4: go to bed between 10:45pm and 11:15pm, without internet; only devotions and time with wife permitted.

-> 2 CON + 1 STA: boosts my immunity and energy levels

Subquest 5: start the day with at least 20 min of uninterrupted devotions (incl. Scripture study, meditation and prayer), and end it with at least prayer.

-> 2 WIS: helps me make wiser decisions + 1 CHA: makes me peaceful and better with people

Let's bring freedom to the galaxy!
giphy.gif

• Like 9

Level 4 Padawan

STR 4.75 | DEX 5 | STA 8.5 | CON 4.25 | WIS 4.25 | CHA 2.75

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 , #6, #7 | Battle Log | Epic Quests | STRAVA Profile

! Join the Rebellion (NF Club) On Strava !

>>> On 8/11/2017 started Walking to Mordor, threw the Ring into Mount Doom on 26/5/2019 and now heading back to Hobbiton >>>

'We all long for Eden, and we are constantly glimpsing it: our whole nature is still soaked with the sense of exile.' - J. R. R. Tolkien

Following along to cheer you on!! I'm excited for you! Also, first? Somehow. :lol:

Gv8fX1d.gif.31543a5e3a79e9055ba18a4ad8950c07.gif

• Thanks 1

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

So... I decided I'm gonna list for myself the people I'm following this challenge. It's easy to lose track when life kicks in, and then I end up aimlessly roaming the forums without sense of time. As much as I'd like to follow and read everyone's threads, last challenge showed me that can be a problem - and since my two-jobs-two-kids-lay-ministry life will be even busier during the next 4 weeks than the previous ones (end of the school year getting even closer, several trips, the race, etc.), I gotta take measures to maximize the efficiency of spending time on NF. Don't want to fail my subquests (mainly loose my sleep!:) or life duties because of badly managing my time on NF.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry for the names that won't be here - I respect you all, guys, I really do - I just don't want to say lightly 'I'm following' and then actually not follow. Not that I will decidedly ignore anyone else - I'm gonna roam to anyone's thread from time to time - but what I won't do is make any empty promises.

Therefore, the magnificent 12 I'm following this challenge (most of you know why or will know soon) are:
@Siuken, @TGP, @Salinger, @SkyGirl, @jonfirestar, @Xena, @Seraphina, @Maigahane, @mediaguy99, @Wolfpool, @EricMN, @Chris-Tien Jinn

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Level 4 Padawan

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 , #6, #7 | Battle Log | Epic Quests | STRAVA Profile

>>> On 8/11/2017 started Walking to Mordor, threw the Ring into Mount Doom on 26/5/2019 and now heading back to Hobbiton >>>

'We all long for Eden, and we are constantly glimpsing it: our whole nature is still soaked with the sense of exile.' - J. R. R. Tolkien

Wow - I'm deeply honored to have made the list!!  

I've had to cut back drastically on how many people I follow as well .... people understand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

2 hours ago, MattSkywalker said:

Therefore, the magnificent 12 I'm following this challenge (most of you know why or will know soon) are:
@Siuken, @TGP, @Salinger, @SkyGirl, @jonfirestar, @Xena, @Seraphina, @Maigahane, @mediaguy99, @Wolfpool, @EricMN, @Chris-Tien Jinn

:o:o:o:o

lando.gif.3999ca65820522b3d4e56dc6b4493bae.gif

I am a chosen one! Thanks pal :lol:

Edit: I do this too, because you're right, it becomes unmanageable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

4 hours ago, MattSkywalker said:

giphy.gif

Does being selected as a member of the Magnificent Twelve endow us with special responsibilities to, like, save the world and stuff?

Seriously though, everyone totally understands about having to cut back - we are a large community and a large guild and growing every day. And those of us who made it onto the list are duly honored to have been chosen!!  :D  I'm so excited to follow along as you get ready for the Wings for Life race!!

On 4/18/2018 at 9:15 PM, MattSkywalker said:

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=9608322

DID I MENTION I WANT TO MARRY LUKE SKYWALKER

(notoincludingTLJ_Luke)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Oh it's only  a few weeks until your race! I'm excited to see how you do! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

15 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Wow - I'm deeply honored to have made the list!!  

I've had to cut back drastically on how many people I follow as well .... people understand.  

14 hours ago, Seraphina said:

:o:o:o:o

lando.gif.3999ca65820522b3d4e56dc6b4493bae.gif

I am a chosen one! Thanks pal :lol:

12 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Following of course. Though I'm not sure my un-challenge is worth following this time around. Ramblings and rantings and not much fitness happening in my next of the woods lately :)

12 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

giphy.gif

Does being selected as a member of the Magnificent Twelve endow us with special responsibilities to, like, save the world and stuff?

Seriously though, everyone totally understands about having to cut back - we are a large community and a large guild and growing every day. And those of us who made it onto the list are duly honored to have been chosen!!  :D  I'm so excited to follow along as you get ready for the Wings for Life race!!

tenor.gif?itemid=9608322

DID I MENTION I WANT TO MARRY LUKE SKYWALKER

(notoincludingTLJ_Luke)

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I like your plan for 20 minute devotional and to focus on 12 people to follow. You are doing a great job of prioritizing.

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Thank you for following me Matt!! :) looking forward to chatting some more through this challenge! Go seize the day <3 xx

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Oh it's only  a few weeks until your race! I'm excited to see how you do! 

Thanks everyone for the support and the understanding for having to cut back on following, especially you who aren't on my follow list this time. Really, really appreciate it!

@SkyGirl, I don't blame you. I'd want it too if I were female. :D And you know as they say, the world is changed one life at a time - so just keep doing your stuff! :anonymous: Hey @Maigahane, I don't know about "not much fitness happening" - using body power to go to places whenever possible is a pretty admirable fitness/ecological goal. :)

• Like 5

Level 4 Padawan

I like the focus on doing what works.

Also, I have tried to have skill points tied to goals but have gotten lost in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

18 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Following of course. Though I'm not sure my un-challenge is worth following this time around. Ramblings and rantings and not much fitness happening in my next of the woods lately :)

I was going to suggest that you may be selling yourself short

5 hours ago, MattSkywalker said:

@Maigahane, I don't know about "not much fitness happening" - using body power to go to places whenever possible is a pretty admirable fitness/ecological goal. :)

I think Matt got it right

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 4/21/2018 at 6:13 PM, MattSkywalker said:

Right back atcha, Skywalker!

giphy-19.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

giphy.gif

I'm honored friend! Ill try to make it worth wile to read lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

| STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | INT- 3 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3 |

Previous challenge: Respawn of a swordmage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream- C. S. Lewis

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

I really like your challenge and your style, Matt.

ofc we can't follow everyone- but I have always felt, that it is worth the time and effort to know other great athletes within the NF.  What about them has changed their lives and inspired to make such a change in their lifestyle?  How has it changed who they are?  Cultivating the potential of your body is much like discovering the Force & finding great strength in unexpected places. 

the challenge is use this force always and find a better, healthier way of life.

use-the-language-luke.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 4/21/2018 at 7:13 PM, MattSkywalker said:

As much as I'd like to follow and read everyone's threads, last challenge showed me that can be a problem

On 4/21/2018 at 9:39 PM, Seraphina said:

In the 5+ years I've been apart of NF, this has always been a problem of mine. I want to follow EVERYONE! I've received a ridiculous amount of support in 2018 and I want to return as much of that as I humanly can....however, Life, problematically, always gets in the way. 

Thank you for selecting me as one of your 12 disciples, my friend ;) 

Related image

Wolf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

12 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

In the 5+ years I've been apart of NF, this has always been a problem of mine. I want to follow EVERYONE! I've received a ridiculous amount of support in 2018 and I want to return as much of that as I humanly can....however, Life, problematically, always gets in the way. 

Maybe the solution would be to become a professional NF Ambassador. That way we can earn a living just replying to posts. If only the real world worked like that :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Maybe the solution would be to become a professional NF Ambassador. That way we can earn a living just replying to posts. If only the real world worked like that :P 

One summer, I was working as a receptionist, and I came close to being a professional NF Ambassador ..... you guys are WAY more interesting (and supportive) than the people who call the Dean of Students office in the summer .....  Just sayin' ....

• Like 7

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

IT is very hard to find the time to follow many threads. but I remind myself that with some people I am pushing back the anonymity of the Internet.

we've talked so often and persistently that I truly consider people as genuine friends.

that's a real wonderful feeling.

without a doubt, being an actual receptionist would not be like having friends.  instead, you become the voice of your employers business.  and you deal with problems and perhaps unhappy customers.  the point is not mutual inspiration and encouragement.

OTOH

I like to think friendship is a little like that irl anyways.  nobody takes a job of being a fulltime friend.  instead friends encourage each other and share common interests.   

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

How you doing Matt

I second this

• Like 2

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

| STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | INT- 3 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3 |

Previous challenge: Respawn of a swordmage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream- C. S. Lewis

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

8 hours ago, Siuken said:

I second this

tenor.gif?itemid=7301283 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan