Cadavres Exquis on Parallettes [April 19 – May 20]

We are back for a third installment! I feel we should start having a logo or something :D

Exquisite corpse, also known as exquisite cadaver (from the original French term cadavre exquis), is a method by which a collection of words or images is collectively assembled. (Read more)

We are doing this on parallettes! This is a video-based challenge.

The first participant presents a single move or shape on parallettes. The second participant reproduces it and add to it. And so on.

The primary objective is to build the longest possible sequence by the end date. It's a friendly co-operative challenge.

Rules:

• If a move or shape is too hard, an easier variation or some assistance (e.g. wall or spotter, on the ground, using props) is totally acceptable and recommended (but not a completely different move!). We can discuss together what an appropriate variation is.

• The exact same move cannot be used twice in the sequence. Or at least it needs to have some variation (for instance left versus right).

• The same person cannot contribute twice in a row.

Transitions from one move to another are important. Don't be pedestrian about those. It's a sequence not a set of moves.

If you feel like it, you can perform the sequence along with music and add some choreography work on moves and transitions. It's completely optional though.

Let's have a fairly balanced sequence and not always do moves on the same side for instance.

Keep in mind that people have parallettes of different heights. Avoid moves that require high parallettes (such as hanging under the bars).

If you want to participate, give us a shout! We will add you to the queue. You can join, leave and join again at any time. But please wait for your turn and watch out for new posts here and who is next, otherwise you might be working on a sequence that is not the latest one.

When your turn has been called, you have 2 days (48h) to post your contribution. Somebody else might take your turn after 48 hours, just say youhou! and you will get back in the queue, no problem!

If 2 days is too short, we can re-evaluate that, just bring the topic up.

How to contribute:

1. Record the sequence + 1 new move and post your video here.

2. In your post, call the name of the next contributor to notify him or her.

3. Please also include in your post the list of moves so far (cut & paste from the previous contribution and add your move to the list).

History:

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

The video goes black on me saying: This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked  it in your country on copyright grounds. <_<:(

I use a VPN with a French IP (YouTube is censored here in any case), I will see if I can switch to another country.

Is there a particular song running in the background?

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Yes it works now! I like the music! And you're MAD! :D
Did you leave your right leg there on purpose? It should go in front of the left arm, but ouch I wouldn't try it at that height! :o

9 hours ago, @mu said:

Yes it works now! I like the music! And you're MAD! :D
Did you leave your right leg there on purpose? It should go in front of the left arm, but ouch I wouldn't try it at that height! :o

Yes and No. I Think it was for balance purpose, Didnt want to crash either, il going to try with it infront next time!

Be like water my friend

First of sorry for the one day delay.

The 8 angle didn’t work at all I’m going to practice this!

the move is an elbow lever, but I wasn’t straight at all. I Havnt been able to do this with my shoulder in a long time so it needs some work, but we will get there ;)

Next: @@mu

1. @mu / eight-angle
  2.  Norgaard /push-up
  3. @mu / cobra
  4. Norgaard / elbow lever 

Be like water my friend

Oops I don't see the elbow lever, it's cut!  Is it a double elbow lever or a single elbow lever?
But for the 8-angle thingy, I think you got it now, extending the legs will work itself out with practice - which we will have a lot of since it's the bloody first move! :D

Okidok here we go. Next is middle split, too tired after P2 :P

Next: @Norgaard

1. @mu / eight-angle
  2.  Norgaard /push-up
  3. @mu / cobra
  5. @mu / middle split

Norgaard, more than anything, you need some rest I think!
Because you have the pose setup right. Pushing up and extending the legs is tricky on that one. Did you warmup and do some mobility stretches for hips and legs? And also, are you in  pain somewhere when you do it? You can stop at the sitting position (00:9 - 00:10 in your video) until it feels ok.

What I can see comparing to your previous videos is that you are REALLY REALLY tired and maybe stressed, friend!  Which does not surprise me given your current schedule and situation :( Will you have some rest the coming days?

Here is the next move: L-sit

Next: @Norgaard

1. @mu / eight-angle
  2.  Norgaard /push-up
  3. @mu / cobra
  5. @mu / middle split
  6. Norgaard / front split
  7. @mu / L-sit

20 hours ago, Norgaard said:

Well Ill have some rest next month at least :D and I did sleep kinda long today, but going on a workshop. The energy while hopefully get back soon!

Great to read!

20 hours ago, Norgaard said:

are you stabilizing you paralettes with books? :D:D:D

Yes :P I got a bit annoyed by the hot dog effect, particularly on one side. I'll get them shorten soon hopefully. My mistake, bad design. 80cm is definitely too long for that PVC setup. I'll get them down to 60cm.