Hello All,

I'm excited to part of the rebellion! Why I am here? I'm looking for my online parttyyy for fitness adventures and support :) TBH, I also want somewhere to record my fitness journey!

I'm a 32 year old RN (right now very part time hospice studying for my IBCLC) and mom of a little bug (just turned one!). I led an active pregnancy and have maintained my activity levels somewhat in this last hectic year full of life changes and, to be honest, piles o' stress. I ran cross county and track in high school. I've done yoga for years but mostly for the mental/emotional benefits. I started lifting weights about three years ago and really enjoy it. I follow the monthly Strong by Bret (Contreras... yes, the king of bottoms! highly recommend) program. I'm a big fan of the at home workout as well and generally go to the gym 3x/week but have been skipping days lately.

I'm 5'8, 138 pounds currently. Right now, I am up about 15 pounds from before I started lifting and was very thin and about 8 pounds up from where I was when I was more muscular. I'd like to get my muscle back and feel good in my body. I've been making a lot of changes to get my mind in a good place and I know going through my body also helps that too from past experience. I'm someone who really needs to sweat to get to a place to feel good. I used to have the goal of looking like a character of mine from Skyrim but don't know how realistic that is? My tangible quest: weight lift consistently w/ progressive overload. Increase my hip thrust by 20 pounds w/in a month (currently 3x 10 @ 135). Increase 3 rep max for squat to 145 over next month while mainting good form. Go on runs w/ my family x2/week.

Diet wise, vegetarian w/ meat eating family so I'm always down to find meat recipes. I'd like to get more serious about meal prepping.

Can't figure out my class? When I played D&D with my brother growing up I always wanted to be a Ranger/Bard but I am a nurse and nurturer... so my adult self= healer??

Non fitness interests: I play the harp (but not as much as I would like!), making at home beauty products, fantasy novels, LOTR, cooking, baking, deep history, cults, archeology, Russia, watching tiny home videos on youtube

OH! AND we are building a small house ourselves right now! Not a tiny house because it won't move but the same size!

My life goals right now are to live the hobbit life. I've decided my vision board is basically Hobbiton w/ a little Rivendell thrown in there for spice and hotnessss

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

okay, reading up i think i am a ranger!

• Like 1

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

You sound like a Ranger to me .Welcome. When my mother was in her last dys, we hd a wonderful hospice nurse. Having her support meant so much to me. Good for you for being a nurse and caring for others.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You sound like a Ranger to me .Welcome. When my mother was in her last dys, we hd a wonderful hospice nurse. Having her support meant so much to me. Good for you for being a nurse and caring for others.

I'm glad that you had the support of a good hospice nurse. I feel like hospice scares people but it can a very fulfilling, rich experience for families and loved ones if it is done right w/ compassion, respect and heart.

YES, defo Ranger I'm thinking. Going to do the first challenge as a level one and then maybe affiliate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladyofthebog said:

I'm glad that you had the support of a good hospice nurse. I feel like hospice scares people but it can a very fulfilling, rich experience for families and loved ones if it is done right w/ compassion, respect and heart.

YES, defo Ranger I'm thinking. Going to do the first challenge as a level one and then maybe affiliate?

I always take the opportunity to praise Hospice to people when the subject come up.

You will love the Rangers. They are a great group of encouraging ,fun, kind of crazy people.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

3 hours ago, Hiking Fatty said:

Congratulations on your new little one! I am sure you will be in top shape in no time. I enjoy reading other people's plans and experiences, as I have never been fit, never been an athlete of any kind. It's a whole new world!

Hello! Thank you! I’m a hiker too! What’s your all time favorite hike? I think mine would be a backpacking trip I took in the Trinity Alps in Northern California! 

• Like 1

Hi, ladyofthebog - I am a very beginning, newbie hiker - so far, I love the hikes at Great Falls and Riverbend Parks in Virginia. Have a plan to complete several walks/hike that were featured in the Washingtonian Magazine a couple of years ago. Think I have done 3 of the 10? I am figuring out ways to travel to CA, CO, UT - "real" hiking destinations. The Trinity Alps sounds fabulous! I began to think to myself, "Hey, maybe even an overweight person could work her way up to bigger, better hikes" after I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

I'm so glad that I happened across this thread.  :)

I struggled with the whole class thing too at first. 

We have a lot in common, so that's pretty cool. I love to hike & do crafty things (currently learning to knit), as well as cooking & baking.

Music-wise I'm learning to play the ocarina.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria