• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hey Doodlies,

You know who you are. Are you not, or have you never been a doodlie, or do you not know what a doodlie is, I'm sorry, this thread is not for you.

doodlies_plus_toast_1.jpg

We have been on many adventures together. We have battled great evil and each other. We've been covered in batter, hit by smut and rolled around in shenanigans. But we've let our brother- and sisterhood slide. We've been neglecting the awesomeness we had together. I know, a lot of you are pressed for time. You've been hit by life, or are just working really hard on your personal goals.

That's why I wanted to do a light challenge. I will give you a theme and an assignment every week, and you can respond when you've got the time. Nothing big. It can be posting a meme, an inspirational text or sharing pics of your pets/kids/plants.

I'll post the first theme on Monday. 

Are you in?

• Like 4

Your assignment for this week:

Give us some inspiration! Quotes, memes, pics, texts, videos, whatever inspires you to be the best version of yourself. It can be fitness related or food or just life. You can post as many or as little as you like. 

This way you can come back to the beginning of this thread whenever you need to be inspired :)

39ae2cde5b4420cd1b400a33adcb3243.png

It_was_never_about_the_food_1.png

• Like 3

Since it's been a while, I'd love to hear from you all: how is it going?

I'll start: I'm doing fine these days. I still have some health issues (urticaria, mostly), but overall I'm feeling happy and balanced. A lot better than I've been in a long time :D I'm really interested in getting more into yoga, and I'd like to attend classes. I love my job at the library, but I'd like to do something else after my contract ends. I hope to keep studying computer science, and maybe get a job as a programmer at some point. Nevertheless, I want to find enough time to meet friends, exercise, and do something fun as often as possible :) Right now, I'm gonna play some Playstation...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ensi said:

I like this :)

We've moved to our new house in January and it is fantastic :D The boys love having their own rooms and I love having an attic and a backyard. It is really save for the boys to play outside by themselves as there are hardly any cars. Their new school is great and they've made a lot of friends. And when they are doing great, I am too :) I am in a really good place: keeping up with housekeeping for the first time in my life :P I'm still dancing 2/3 times a week and I am doing bodyweight workouts again. 

So yeah, life is pretty good right now :)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ensi said:

It's been quite the year for me so far.  I started the year at a high stress point and it just continued to intensify from there.  Things are still stressful but I feel like it's eased a lot since our decision to divorce was made final and LS moved out.  I am starting to focus on some healing though I think I'm going to give therapy a break.  It was really helpful to cipher out relationship issues, and my own issues that contributed to that.  I still have some stuff to work on but I really just think I need a break.  Fitnessing has been on the back burner and I've taken some huge strides backwards.  I'm hoping to turn that around but I'm taking it slow.  

Related image

• Like 7

Been married 9 months now, and since the new year I've moved to another hospital within our system. I am working on Board Certification (a thing for chaplains) and have decided to pursue a doctorate. I started intuitive eating and am working through that.

• Like 6

I'm job hunting! Right now the library is a nice part-time gig, and I feel like I'm finally a part of a community which is awesome. But I'm going to have to move in the next couple of years, so I'm kinda trying to find enough work that will let me travel and afford a small house. I'm working on being more positive in my thinking, especially about my weight-loss and how I view myself. :/ Mr. Rogers is a huge inspiration to me in that process :)

• Like 6

I spend most of my days thinking about toilets lately. :D  My current project is remodeling bathrooms at the bowling alley on post, and it's giving me fits.  Otherwise I'm still just doing my regular routine.  Life is pretty well settled for us at the moment.  I'd like to get out of our rental, but I am completely unwilling to buy in this ridiculous market.  I'm still playing guitar at church most Sundays.  The kids have wrapped up their co-op and MFG is finishing up their academic calendar in the next few weeks.  Bubbles recently got braces, Brick still wants me to take him fishing all the time, Boomer and I just finished up our sex-education talks, Butch is refusing to learn how to not antagonize his brothers.  Student loans are getting closer to done (just a few more months!) and I'm in a kind-of holding pattern with work while we wait for that to be finalized.  Once they're gone I'll have a little more financial flexibility and freedom with career possibilities.

Still searching for something that will get me going again.  I miss barbells and am seriously considering writing the heart doc off entirely and just doing what I want to do, but I really don't want to go back to the gym right now--mostly because I don't have gym clothes that fit anymore.

• Like 6

It's wonderful to catch up with y'all :) 

On 27.4.2018 at 2:48 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm job hunting! Right now the library is a nice part-time gig, and I feel like I'm finally a part of a community which is awesome.

I feel pretty similar about my library gig :D Librarians make up a wonderful community! One of them gives yoga classes, and I'm gonna go and attend her class next week. Should be fun :)

12 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I spend most of my days thinking about toilets lately.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Week 2

hmmm-thats-a-good-question.jpg

Ask up to 3 questions to your fellow doodlies. It can literally be anything. Think outside the box. It can be funny, or serious, weird, or completely normal (as if :P ). 

And in turn you can answer as many questions you want. Off course only share what you're comfortable with.

Here are my questions for you:

1) If a genie granted you one wish, what would it be? One catch: it has to be for you, and you alone (so no world peace or something like that)

2) What is your spirit animal? (What animal do you identify with most)

3) What is your favorite book of all time?