• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

7 minutes ago, Terah said:

Here are my questions for you:

1) If a genie granted you one wish, what would it be? One catch: it has to be for you, and you alone (so no world peace or something like that)

2) What is your spirit animal? (What animal do you identify with most)

3) What is your favorite book of all time?

1) I wish to forfeit my wish. Genies are unreliable, and the few things I want that I don't have can be earned.

2) Bear.

3) LOTR

My Questions

1. WHAT is your name?
  2. WHAT is your quest?
  3. WHAT is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
  1.  What is the kindest thing anyone has ever said to you?
  2. What is the kindest thing you have ever said to anyone else?
  3. What do you enjoy complaining about? I don't mean that you dislike the most, what do you have fun griping about?
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terah said:

• 1) If a genie granted you one wish, what would it be? One catch: it has to be for you, and you alone (so no world peace or something like that)
    • I'd ask for my student loans to be paid off. 
  • 2) What is your spirit animal? (What animal do you identify with most)
    • I'm very much a cat. I can take care of myself, but it's probably better if I get some help :D Although, my husband argues that I'm like a really angry duckling...
  • 3) What is your favorite book of all time?
    • Probably Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver. 

57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has ever said to you?
    • My dad told me he was proud of me. He's one of those old school types of men who doesn't show feelings, so it's hard to get things like that out of him. 
  • What is the kindest thing you have ever said to anyone else?
    • I don't know? 
  • What do you enjoy complaining about? I don't mean that you dislike the most, what do you have fun griping about?
    • My husband's ex. It's petty, I know, but it's fun. She doesn't even really do anything that bad anymore (or everything she does isn't NEW so not worth getting angry over). 

• If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose?
  • What's the weirdest thing you've ever done on a date?
  • Who was your first crush?
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Terah said:

1) If a genie granted you one wish, what would it be? One catch: it has to be for you, and you alone (so no world peace or something like that)

I'd want to be able to live another life, as well as this one. So I'd have a double who could make very different choices and lead a very different life, yet keep my own current life too. 

Orangutans. 

Kafka on The Shore

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

TH has told me he can't believe there are people in the world as kind, funny and thoughtful as me. It means a lot because he's the kindest and most thoughtful funniest person I know and I assume he knows he exists so...

1. What is the kindest thing you have ever said to anyone else?

I asked TH this and he said "You've said a number of times I'm the only person you could ever spend so much time with and not be miserable and I know how you value your alone time so that means a lot to me". 

1. What do you enjoy complaining about? I don't mean that you dislike the most, what do you have fun griping about?

How Guillermo Del Toro stole the storyline of Pan's Labyrinth from me, somehow, because I wrote that story myself 25 years ago. 

9 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose?

Masterchef or Great British Bake Off. If this counts? If not, then The Real Housewives of the UK which doesn't exist yet but sounds like a great way to drink gin all day, being fancy. 

I have never really been on a date. We don't really do that in Britain. 

A lothario I went to primary school with who had a harem of girlfriends just because he told us he was a lothario because he was born on Valentines day. He had quite an unusual name but it happens that he had exactly the same name (first and last) as my first proper boyfriend's dad which was a weird coincidence. 

1. What are the three qualities you like most about yourself?

2. If you had to live in a movie, which movie would it be?

3. If I came to visit you in your city, where would you take me to show me the sights?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My Questions

1. WHAT is your name?
  2. WHAT is your quest 
  3. WHAT is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow

Lol

Someone in my dance class told me that I made a lot of progress with the dancing in a short time. The best thing was others agreed :)

1. What is the kindest thing you have ever said to anyone else?

I try to say as much nice things to others as I can (without lying off course). So this is hard to answer 

1. What do you enjoy complaining about? I don't mean that you dislike the most, what do you have fun griping about?

Weird /stupid stuff my boys do. Mostly because the complaind often has something funny in it

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Nailed it. Were amateur bakers try to replicate a difficult dessert with not enough time. 

Binge watch startrek in his bedroom 

A boy in my class when I was 12. He was skinny, shaved his head and was born deaf, but could hear with a ci. His name was Hans. The stupid thing was that the feeling was mutual, but we were both too scared to act on it :P

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Being patient, having perseverance, my butt 

Gilmore girls. I love small town drama :D

3. If I came to visit you in your city, where would you take me to show me the sights?

You should come in September. I would show you appelpop :D

Other than that there isn't much to see here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

• I don't even know what the reality shows are right now. Probably American Idol, as a judge, so I could say snarky things and get paid for it.
  • I can't think of anything. i haven't dated much, and I wasn't very interesting.
  • She-Ra
7 hours ago, deftona said:

1. My encouraging nature
  2. my beard
  3. my muscle mass

Edit to actually answer 2 and 3

2 LOTR

3 The Alamo (obvs) and to a zillion places to eat.

• Like 5

Terah's Questions:

1. One wish for me: Enough funds for a house of my own :)

2. Too many First Nations persons have told me my white use of "Spirit Animal" was inappropriate, so I'm gonna rephrase this with kindness intended. If you were to animate me as an animal, it would probably be a cat. Sleepy, hungry, cranky and snuggly.

3. My favorite book of all time....Paddington Helps Out. 

Tank's Questions:

1. The kindest thing anyone has said to me was "I believe in you."

2. The kindest thing I've said to someone else was "I love you more than chocolate."

3. I love complaining about my feeling unwell. From papercuts to throwing up, I'm going to complain about it, and I always feel better when I do. 

Sylvaa's Questions:

1. If I had to be on a reality TV show, I would definitely choose a dating show just to convince all the women this is a stupid way to get famous.

2. The weirdest thing I ever did on a date was show someone a hand wart and ask them if they knew what it was. I did it on purpose :D

3. My first crush was on the boy across the street. 

Deffy's Questions

1. Three Qualities I like about me are a. my hair, b. My compassion  c. my intelligence.

2. I would definitely live in a boring indie movie where I'd be the person yelling at the main character for peeing in an inappropriate place.

3. Mt. Washington. There's an incline, and it's pretty much mandatory everyone rides it. Then I'd ask you what you'd be interested in. 

My Questions:

1. What have you done this week that you're really proud of?

2. If you could time travel and change one moment in history, what would it be?

3. What would you do if you farted in a crowded room?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My Questions:

1. Took the stairs multiple times at work

2. As with the Genie, i would decline to change anything. I'd go back and watch Jesus of Nazareth doing his thing for as long as I could.

3. If it were silent but violent I'd find a reason to leave. If it were loud and proud I'd look around as if wondering who did it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Questions:

Won the diet bet I signed up for. 

There is one thing I would change, but I'm not comfortable sharing that here. Sorry

Turn really red and flee. Especially if it was a loud one. :D

• Like 3

1. I had a really busy and super stressful week and I got through it very well indeed. 

2. This is a personal thing for me too. I've seen the Butterfly Effect, I wouldn't change anything on a large scale, I know what shit goes down. 

3. I'd like to pretend it hadn't happened but in reality I'd probably be chuckling to myself, especially if it was loud. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, deftona said:

1. That I'm almost always a positive person, that people like me, and that I stay true to who I am as a person.
  2. I don't really watch movies, so I'm not too familiar with them. I guess the Harry Potter world.
  3. Gettysburg is about 30 minutes from my house (which is big in US history and a very awe-inspiring place to go). There isn't really much to do IN my town though. 

16 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My Questions:

1. Well, it's Monday now, so I'm not sure that there is anything yet. Last week I got a run in on Friday even though my day was really crazy.
  2. Nope. I believe that everything we do and encounter shapes us as people. To change that ripple effect isn't worth it.
  3. Laugh. Probably hysterically. Ask everyone if they smell popcorn. 

In other Doodlie news - did everyone (*cough those across the pond cough*) see the new Oreo flavors?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

In other Doodlie news - did everyone (*cough those across the pond cough*) see the new Oreo flavors?

There have been a few new flavors here, which ones are you referring to? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terah said:

There have been a few new flavors here, which ones are you referring to? 

Kettlecorn, Cherry Cola, and Pina Colada. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Haven't seen them yet here. They could be really good or very discusting, but I would sure try them! Have you tried them? 

Well I certainly missed a lot over the weekend...  

On 4/29/2018 at 8:03 AM, Terah said:

Week 2

1) I'm not sure I trust genies to make a wish but if I could wish for something it would be financial freedom.  I don't need to be rich but something equivalent to an endless bag of holding that always had whatever money in it I needed to do what I wanted.  

2) I definitely have the temperment of a cat but I wouldn't pick an ordinary house cat.  A panther then.

3) I have trouble with favorites... they change all the time.  Probably the Dark Tower series or the All Souls Trilogy.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:15 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
  1. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever said to you?
  3. What do you enjoy complaining about? I don't mean that you dislike the most, what do you have fun griping about?

1) I'm not sure how to judge the kindest thing, but compliments from random strangers always seem especially kind.  

2) Same thing here about not knowing the kindest but  I try to go out of my way to tell my siblings when I am proud of them.  It's not something that comes natural for me and I think it means a lot for them to hear it.  

3) I can't think of anything.  Don't let that fool you into thinking I don't like to complain. . . Maybe I just like to complain about everything?

On 4/29/2018 at 9:22 AM, Sylvaa said:

1) I'd like to say Survivor or Big Brother because they are the most fun to watch but my social game would suck.  I'd have to pick a design challenge show.

2) I must be boring.  I can't think of anything.

3) Evidently there was a boy in preschool I always chased around and always want to sit by him.  

On 4/29/2018 at 9:58 AM, deftona said:

1) my strength (not physical, more like grit), my hair, and my surprising patience

2) Any of them where I have magical powers

3) We'd walk around the Old Market to visit the shops and eateries, then we'd leave town and go to Minnesota. :P 

20 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

1) I managed to get at least 1 walk in last week

2) I do have a personal one I'd like to change but that butterfly effect thing is a big deal.  

3) Look around and pretend it wasn't me

My Questions:

1) What do you miss most about high school/being a teenager (if anything)?

2) How would you like to spend the first year of your retirement?

3) What's your favorite pizza topping?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

None of those sounds tasty.  I can see that cherry cola might be OK for someone who likes cherry cola but I'm not one of those people.  Kettlecorn?  That just sounds weird.  Have you tried any?

51 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

My Questions:

1) locking myself up in my room and do homework / play computer games without having any responsibility but school. But only until the age of 15, after that I went to a different school were I actually had to work for my grades :P

2) That would be in about 34 years, so I hope I could spent it with my grandkids :D

3) mushrooms. The more the better! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

My Questions:

1. I miss the endless possibility that lay in front of me.

2. Travelling around the world. I plan to do this every year of my retirement until I am shot by a jealous lover aged 89 because he can't understand why I am so good at the sex because that's how I want to die please. 

3. Garlic butter. Game changer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

My Questions:

1) Not a damn thing. I like being a grownup. I also didn't really learn to make peace with myself till my 30's so...

2) Balancing time between riding around in police cars on ridealongs and traveling with Sra. Tanque.

3) BACON.

• Like 2

My Questions:

1. The lack of responsibility. Although I feel like retirement might be a take two with more money. I wouldn't go back, but it was nice to be able to just go off with my friends for a weekend or something without worrying about everything.
  2. Traveling. No real destination, just wandering around looking at things. 
  3. mmm pizza. Truthfully, if it's a good oven, broccoli (when it gets kind of charred on the edges), with sausage and mushrooms being up there too. Or all together.
4 hours ago, Terah said:

Haven't seen them yet here. They could be really good or very discusting, but I would sure try them! Have you tried them? 

None of those sounds tasty.  I can see that cherry cola might be OK for someone who likes cherry cola but I'm not one of those people.  Kettlecorn?  That just sounds weird.  Have you tried any?

They are not on my approved foods list :(. The family didn't even get them! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LadyShello said:

My Questions:

1. how much energy I had!

2. sitting outside and reading books, planting flowers.

3. pepperoni.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, deftona said:

3. Garlic butter. Game changer. 

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

3) BACON

3 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

3. pepperoni.

This is my perfect pizza.  Sorry Sylvaa, there is no room for broccoli on my pizza.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, Terah said:

Week 2

hmmm-thats-a-good-question.jpg

Ask up to 3 questions to your fellow doodlies. It can literally be anything. Think outside the box. It can be funny, or serious, weird, or completely normal (as if :P ). 

And in turn you can answer as many questions you want. Off course only share what you're comfortable with.

1.  Heal all of my physical issues (injuries, eyesight, chronic pains, that sort of thing).  Hopefully the higher-than-I'd-like bodyfat percentage gets resolved that way too.

2.  Tie between bald eagle and killer whale.  Maybe I'm part Inuit.  B)

3.  I want to say the Bible, but Moby Dick is my favorite novel.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

1.  Deffy once said something about something I said to her, but I don't remember precisely what it was.  Snarky's recent comment on my battle log is a close second.

2.  "It's okay, we all make mistakes." pretty much just constantly to anyone who needs it.  Unless it's a random driver, then my words in the privacy of my own car are far less gracious.

3.  Brand-name foods leveraging their accumulated goodwill to introduce ridiculous "variants" that have no purpose or relation to the original and only dilute the brand.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, Sylvaa said:

1.  If game shows count then I could've done well on "Deal or No Deal", otherwise I'd go on "Top Shot" (if it's even still around).

2.  Took a girl to see Saving Private Ryan for a first date, even though I'd already seen it twice. :lol:

3.  Celebrity crush: The Childlike Empress.  Real world: fifth-grade classmate, Jennifer.  She moved away at the end of that school year.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, deftona said:

1.  I'm dependable, well-rounded, and considerate.

2.  Meet the Robinsons.

3.  If you came to Oklahoma then I'd take you to Texas.  :D  Truthfully there's almost nothing here--but I could give you a decent historical tour of Fort Sill.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

1.  I bought braces for Bubbles.

2.  When I was a freshman in high school I attended a private Christian school, and each year the whole school would go on a retreat in the first month.  I was getting to know a girl (Anne) during the retreat and at the end I offered to get her a soda for the bus-ride home.  She was pleased and I was thrilled to do it, but on the way back to the bus in full view of everyone I tripped and fell, whereupon the can of soda exploded and covered me with Sprite.  One of the teachers took pity on me and replaced the soda.  The memory still haunts me.  I would undo that trip.

3.  Blame the dog.  Always blame the dog.

19 hours ago, LadyShello said:

1.  Being able to hang with friends and play team sports.

2.  Motor-homing around the country with MFG.

3.  Green chile.  People say "Hatch" like it's shorthand for New Mexican chiles, but that's just one grower in one particular part of the state.  There are way more varieties and many are better than Hatch.  A pepperoni pizza is great, but add green chile and it becomes something transcendent.  A bacon pizza is amazing, but add green chile and it becomes divine.  You can even add it to the classic "Hawaiian" (which is really Californian) pizza to attain sheer incredibleness (not to mention beauty).  Green chile is wonderful.

My Questions

1.  Who is your role model/mentor?

2.  Which foreign language do you want to learn?

3.  What's the first fun thing you'd buy if you won the lottery?

My Answers

1.  Palladio is my professional hero--his designs were all so well-balanced and thoughtful.  Personally I aspire to be like one of the elders in my church (who is all of two years older than I :lol:)--he's always full of joy and exuding kindness.

2.  I've always wanted to speak and read Italian since it would be fun to share that with my mom.  Plus there are a lot of cool old architecture things that were originally written in Italian.

3.  This guitar.  Or this one.  Or a custom one of these.  I mean I'd get them all (and more) but I can't decide which would be first.  Or maybe I'll just buy a house with a workshop and build my own guitars. :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Questions

I don't have one at the moment. 

Spanish, need yo get back to that! 

A motorcycle. Preferably a Goldwing 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

1) Professionally, I suppose I look to my boss.  I like her straight to the point take no shit attitude.  Personally, I don't have just one. I'd say each of you have traits that I'd like to be better at.  

2) I know some French but I always want to improve it, I know a little italian, and I've studied ancient Greek.  But I'd really like to learn Russian too. 

3) a house.  One big enough to have all the space I want but not so big that I can't afford it off of my divident paycheck from the rest of my lottery money that will get invested.  

• Like 1