• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1 hour ago, Ensi said:
Spoiler

Mine:

1. I've fallen off a horse three times in my life.

2. I love the Lord of the Rings, but I've never finished the books < lies! 

3. When I was a kid, I got trapped in a huge trash bin with a friend. 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

1. I have eaten a meal in jail.

2. I have been to a graham cracker factory.

3. I have had piranha soup made from fish I helped to catch.

Spoiler

I know 1 is true. Number 2 seems like a really weird thing to make up (lol) so I am going for number three being the lie although this sounds like something that could have happened this weekend. 

Spoiler

My lie was the drawing thing. I can't draw to save my life, my development in this area stopped when I was about 4. I do have a phobia of bananas. I get a little panicked when anyone eats one around me. I have a couple of issues with food like this, including protein powder. I don't know why but it really freaks me out. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Two truths and a lie

Spoiler

I think the third one is a lie. I never heard of people eating piranha's :D

1.  My figure-skating short program was choreographed to Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract".

2.  I got my first job by solving a Rubik's cube on the interviewer's desk.

3.  I once played basketball with the Harlem Clowns.

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, Terah said:

1. My sister is a veterinarian

2. My husband is younger than me 

3. My favorite pizza is Hawaii (the one with ham and pineapple) 

I didn't know you could even get Hawaiian pizza in NL.  That's one of my favorites, too.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:38 AM, deftona said:

1. I am pretty good at drawing. 

2. I am afraid of bananas

3. My favourite film is Dirty Dancing

You already gave yours away, so no credit for me. :P

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, Ensi said:

1. I've fallen off a horse three times in my life.

2. I love the Lord of the Rings, but I've never finished the books.

3. When I was a kid, I got trapped in a huge trash bin with a friend. 

Was it the same horse all three times?

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Piranha soup sounds just plausible enough, and everyone knows graham crackers are made by elves in trees.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

1.  My figure-skating short program was choreographed to Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract".

They all seem equally unlikely 

I will go with 

Spoiler

Three. Harlem clowns don't really sound like a basketball team. I could be terribly wrong though :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I didn't know you could even get Hawaiian pizza in NL.  That's one of my favorites, too.

Spoiler

They do have Hawaii pizza here. But I really dislike it :D It is J's favorite 

I am actually 23 days older than my husband 

• Like 1

1.  Some of the most meaningful life moments I’ve had were looking out a window. 

2.  I love visiting art museums and trying to smell the different paintings and sculptures. 

3.  I sleep with the same teddy bear I had from 30 years ago. 

I’m not gonna lie, there are some good stumpers y’all put out there! 

Ensi, I say lord of the rings

tank, I agree with the graham cracker factory 

DFG, rubik’s cube. 

Terah and Deffy revealed theirs before I could guess wrong lol.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

1.  Some of the most meaningful life moments I’ve had were looking out a window. 

2.  I love visiting art museums and trying to smell the different paintings and sculptures. 

Spoiler

They all seem pretty likely. I go with option 3

Sorry I'm late!

Spoiler
22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

3. I have had piranha soup made from fish I helped to catch - Lie

This was hard! I just figured that one is more likely to happen based on distance.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

1.  My figure-skating short program was choreographed to Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract". Lie

DFG - I just want to be right. Because reasons.

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

1.  Some of the most meaningful life moments I’ve had were looking out a window. Lie

I hope that Number 2 has a super exciting story behind it! 

I didn't answer the others because I couldn't quote them well - what with it being a new page and I am lazy. But I would have gotten Terah's right and Deffy's wrong. Ensi, I think it's the LotR also. :)

Mine:

1. I'm not allowed to give blood due to potential Mad Cow Disease
  2. I'm afraid of elephants
  3. My current dog is the only dog I've ever had
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

#1 is the lie. I can't imagine there were many places to learn to figure skate in San Diego?

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

1 is also the lie. I see you getting outside more often.

For me the Graham cracker factory was a lie. In the last police department I served in I was on a ridealong where my officer made an arrest at meal time. While the prisoner was being checked in to the jail they were handing out meals and I opted to have one.

I went to Brazil while in Seminary and at an Eco resort on the Rio Negro we went piranha fishing. I caught a few and all the fish that were caught were used to make soup.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I believe you sleep with a plush something or other, but if you still have the same one from childhood then I bet it sits in a place of honor.

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:
  1. I'm not allowed to give blood due to potential Mad Cow Disease
  2. I'm afraid of elephants
  3. My current dog is the only dog I've ever had

I mean that's kind of reasonable, but I still don't think it's more true than the others. ;)

I love that all three of mine have had at least one guess. :D  I'll reveal in the morning.

• Like 1

DFG:

Spoiler

I know the figure skating one is true and it's reason #128464592 why I think you're awesome. I think the lie is the Harlem Clowns one

Snarky:

Spoiler

I don't think you're an art sniffer. 

Sylvaa:

Spoiler

I don't think 1 is true because I am British, and I come from the land of the Mad Cows and I ate a lotta beef in the 90's and I am not banned from giving blood.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sylvaa said:
  • I'm not allowed to give blood due to potential Mad Cow Disease
  • I'm afraid of elephants
  • My current dog is the only dog I've ever had

I never heard of humans having mad cow disease, so I chose 1

• Like 1

My lie is

2.  I love visiting art museums and trying to smell the different paintings and sculptures

1. I used to watch storms with my mom when I was sick as a kid. I often look out the window to feel calm when i have an important life decision to make. Plus, it's a great spot for bird watching!

2. I think museums are dull as dirt. I haven't been one in years. I'm pretty sure i'd sneeze on the art if I tried sniffing it. 

3. Raggedy Ann sits in a place of honor. She was my favorite, and is definitely fragile. Bear's job is Protector from Nightmares. He's small, but sturdy. And he just looks cute sitting on my bed. 

• Like 3

And the truth shall set you free:

Spoiler

I did indeed take figure skating lessons when I was 12.  A teacher was at the roller skating rink while I was goofing around on quad-skates, and he asked my grandma if I'd be interested in learning proper jumps and spins.  She offered to cover the lessons, so I ended up taking the beginner and intermediate classes before discovering inline skates and hockey.  Thus ended my figure skating career after just a few months and just one performance.

I actually can solve Rubik's cube (my PR is 91 seconds, nowhere near speed-cuber status) but I didn't learn how to do it until I was in my 20s and nearing the end of my Air Force enlistment.  My first job was at a Hallmark store when I was 17, and there wasn't really a formal interview.  So that was the lie.  I think only @Snarkyfishguts guessed it correctly. :)

When I was 9 or 10 my mom took us all to a comedy basketball game at the local high school where the Harlem Clowns were playing against the local police/fire department team for charity.  One of their routines was to pull a kid from the audience and have him take a few choreographed shots.  On that particular night I was that kid, and I nailed every shot.  As the bit ended the Clowns player who was guiding me took me over to the opponent's bench and told them to give me a jersey since I'd already outscored half their team.  :lol:  That was the only time I was any good at basketball.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Number 3 is a lie for me. 

I had a German Short-haired Pointer named Hannah when I was little. Side note: when I was younger, I was kind of .... odd with my naming of things. The dog (even though I didn't know anyone with that name) and I had a baby doll that I named Paula (again, didn't know anyone by that name). 

I cannot give blood in the US because I lived in Germany in the 80's. They can't verify where my food came from, so there is this weird off chance that I could be a Mad Cow Carrier. 

Also, I am afraid of elephants. I'm certain I was trampled to death by one in a past life. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I had a German Short-haired Pointer named Hannah when I was little. Side note: when I was younger, I was kind of .... odd with my naming of things. The dog (even though I didn't know anyone with that name) and I had a baby doll that I named Paula (again, didn't know anyone by that name). 

Before I was born, my big sister had a doll with my name. When I was born, my Dad stole this name, and my sister renamed her doll Sarah Robinson. Never just Sarah. Always Sarah Robinson. 

• Like 3

Last week of this challenge! 

doodlies-plus-toast.jpg

It's the last week of this challenge, so for this week I would like you to answer this questions:

What challenge shell us doodlies do next time? What would help you achieve your goals? 

And are we open to the idea of new blood? (not in the yaks head off course) 

Just post all ideas. Even the bad ones. Maybe they give someone else inspiration :)

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 3:09 AM, Terah said:

Just post all ideas. Even the bad ones. Maybe they give someone else inspiration :)

Looks like we are full of ideas...