Loren Wade, the Half-Lycan Ranger, Manliness Challenge

Loren Wade

Loren, good work on the fasting! Training days sometimes become muddled. Sucks you overslept, but it's good to get the shit days out of the way in the beginning. Makes us work harder when we get that wake up call. Pun not intended.

Here to support! Rangers!

Thanks man! :)

Awesome goals! I think I should share this with my boyfriend ;) Best of luck, can't wait to see your progress!

Thank you very much! Feel free to show him. :)

Week 1 - Day 2

Training

Rest day.

Fuel

Lots of protein, not enough fat... I do plan on being a bit more in depth with my food log here from now on though.

Mobility

20 minutes worth (at least) of lacrosse ball while at work.

Manliness

Little knuckle popping, no nail biting, and read a great AoM article Spauracchio shared with me about picnic dates. :)

Very interesting and in-depth challenge.

Manliness is a noble goal! It makes me wish I'd incorporated it into my own set of accomplishments.

Best of luck with your challenge! Dig deep!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Ogre Ranger

Squad B

Str 4 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 2

Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.

I'm so in love with the idea of married dating! We try to at least have a drink together every other Friday before we pick up all the kids and the craziness begins.

My ex and his new wife have date night also, which is wonderful, and my oldest (14) volunteered their whole household to babysit so my hubby and I can have date night as well. Surprisingly, my ex and his wife gave the green light. We'll have to take advantage of that!

That's great about NOT chewing your nails. I may have to refer hubby to your challenge!

On the AoM front, I highly recommend this article. It remains my favorite single piece that I've read on that website. Several excellent lessons that we can all apply to our lives in more ways than one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." - Teddy Roosevelt

Very interesting and in-depth challenge.

Manliness is a noble goal! It makes me wish I'd incorporated it into my own set of accomplishments.

Best of luck with your challenge! Dig deep!

Thanks PCH! You can still incorporate some if you wish. Feel free to steal mine! Haha.

I'm so in love with the idea of married dating! We try to at least have a drink together every other Friday before we pick up all the kids and the craziness begins.

My ex and his new wife have date night also, which is wonderful, and my oldest (14) volunteered their whole household to babysit so my hubby and I can have date night as well. Surprisingly, my ex and his wife gave the green light. We'll have to take advantage of that!

That's great about NOT chewing your nails. I may have to refer hubby to your challenge!

Thanks Wicked Pixie! Haha. I think it's a good thing too (married dating) and very important. Do take advantage of it and let me know how it goes. :)

On the nail biting front, thank you! Feel free to share with him...

ohh. picnic dates!
Yeah, can you link us to the picnic date article? :)

How to Pull Off the Perfect Picnic

I love the idea of picnic dates too... Now I just need to find someone to go on them with. :D

I want to hear more about how you use the lacrosse ball at work...

Hehehe. I use the lacrosse ball to massage my muscles... especially useful against the back of my desk chair. :D

On the AoM front, I highly recommend this article. It remains my favorite single piece that I've read on that website. Several excellent lessons that we can all apply to our lives in more ways than one.

Oh, wow. Thanks man! Gonna read this today. Looks like a really cool article. :)

First date with my (now) wife was a picnic date, so I'm a big fan. It was a picnic at night .. in winter ... and it rained, but I like to think my innate, natural charm managed to pull the night off quite well, after all she did marry me eventually.

That's so awesome! Any tips for me? (I'm already married...)

I just wanted to give you props for replying to everyone's thread!

Haha, thanks a ton. It's been a task, for sure! Last night I had over 100 tabs open... it was insane. Took me all night to get through them, but I love my Rangers. :)

Sick stuff bro. Let us know about your date ideas. More creativity for me to use on my wonderful woman.

Thanks a ton, Ryan! I definitely will.

I should also mention one of these dates is our Anniversary. :)

i want someone to take me on a picnic. *sigh* (sorry for the thread hijack)

but. .you are doing awesome.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

i want someone to take me on a picnic. *sigh* (sorry for the thread hijack)

but. .you are doing awesome.

Thanks nightlight! And you're not hijacking! I encourage it in my thread. :)

Week 1 - Day 3

I'm going to start updating this checklist style... let me know what you think.

Training

• CrossFit
    • Check. Workout below.

[*]Walking on rest days.

• Not a rest day.

[*]Progress: no weighing in and weekly pics.

• Haven't felt compelled to weigh in yet.

Fuel

• Clean Paleo
    • Going strong.

[*]Strict Lean Gains

• Way too high on carbs today and didn't track very well on MFP. That changes tomorrow.

[*]Supplements

• Fish oil, natural calm, and Vit. D all in check.

Mobility

• Mobility WOD or Foam Roll
    • Doing it now.

[*]PWO Stretching

• Today he showed us some amazing stretches. Feel so good.

Manliness

• Make Habits
    • 3 AoM Articles a Week
      • I've done two!

[*]Monday dates.

• A lot of work on this front, planning the Anniversary.

[*]8 hours sleep per night.

• AND a nap. Today rocks.

[*]Read bible/devotional daily.

• I forgot about these. I am catching up on these for this week.

[*]Work on blog

• Probably hiring a new designer, but I have started work again.

[*]Grooming

• Going well!

[*]Break Habits

• No nail biting.
      • Nothing yet.

[*]No knuckle cracking.

• A few times, but not like it used to be.

Workout

Warmup

• Jump Rope
    • 5-10 minutes.

[*]Stretching

• 5-10 minutes.

Tabata Something Else

Ring Row:

Push-Up:

Sit-Up:

Squat:

I've accepted a PvP challenge.

PvP of Manliness: Loren Wade vs. the Scout Commander

Very nice work. I like the checklist style of the updates.
this is awesome! best of luck to you, you're going to rock this.
I think a picnic date is a great idea! (and the date night idea in general too!) And the checklist updates works well, it's organized & concise, and makes it easy to see how you're doing on each goal

ETA: I just read the AoM picnic article. Do that! Definitely the classy way of picnicking :)

Thank you guys very much. Appreciate the encouraging words.

Heh, nice checklist, very... organized. But I'm glad that you're seeking to become a practitioner of the long, lost art of Manliness! Keep it up, Brother!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

The best thing I've found for nail biting, which I used to be horrible about, is getting rid of it in stages. The stages are a little gross, but I used to be someone that bit my nails til I drew blood and now it's only a really stressed out habit.

1) Chew on the nails without biting the nail off.

2) As soon as you've mastered that you can move on to just kinda having them in your mouth.

3) Start chewing gum. It keeps your mouth busy and you're less likely to notice the lack of your fingers in your mouth.

4) Break the habit.

I've talked to other people that have quit and they've all followed something like this so I hope this helped!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines