G.I.JOE: A Real NF Hero

Anim07734

serie-animada-de-gi-joe-a-real-american-

We've just received notice that the G.I.Joe team is recruiting, and they'd like us to try out!  Just sign up on the spreadsheet!

Each week some Joes will visit the Guild to assign tasks and judge our performance.  Perform as many as you'd like to see how you do!

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate.  

- Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

• Like 3

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Week 1 of your recruitment will run until Sunday, 29Apr at 11:59PM Central Time!

Our instructors for this week are:

Clutch

gijoe-clutch.jpg

As the Joe's lead driver, Clutch is most concerned with keeping the motor pool running smoothly.  Impress him by helping move parts while he works by performing any squat exercise of your choice.  Only exercises with a personal AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) of 25 or less can be counted, though!

Doc

gijoe-doc.jpg

Doc is the Joe's medic and will be keeping an eye on everyone throughout training.  Impress him by performing any core hold of your choice to demonstrate your overall fitness.  Only exercises with a personal AMSAP (As Many Seconds As Possible) of 45sec or less can be counted, though!

Snake Eyes

gijoe-snake-eyes-collage.jpg

Snake Eyes doesn't really need an introduction.  He's Snake Eyes.  He also isn't giving us any direction, so let's relax and focus for whatever comes next.  Log your time spent meditating (in minutes) to earn Snake Eyes approval.

Mutt & Junkyard

Mutt-gijoe.jpg

Mutt & Junkyard are an inseparable pair and keeping up with them isn't going to be easy.  Log your time spent running and walking (in minutes) to impress them.  Only dedicated exercise time counts, not your normal walking throughout the day.

• Like 5

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

giphy.gif

I'll admit, this is the only GI Joe I've ever seen lol

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Bucket-on-a-walk-in-the-park.jpgThat works out well! I was going to try and get Bucket out for a long walk this weekend to try and wear both of us out! :D Too much rain during the week to really push for distance (darnit Virginia!). But the weather is nicer and the treadmill can get boring... so Park Adventure time GOGOGO!

Now I just have to figure out these other three guys... Hmm. *goes off to do research*

• Like 2

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

Guys, I'm a PE teacher, does getting active at work count? 

I spent about 20 minutes.. and that's being conservative running and walking around in the call of duty. Can I count that?

Also pertaining to the squats, that one has me really thinking, I can easily do most squats, :disillusionment: unless you're referring to single leg squats.... that means... okay... I'll see what I can do.

FearlesslyFree

HumanAssassin

[Level: 2 | STR 3.7 | DEX 1.8 | STA 2.8 | CON 3.7 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.8 ]

The Beginning The Journey Continues FearlesslyFree, Road to 20 Push ups

Current Challenge: FearlesslyFree Returns to Battle

John 5:22-24

9 minutes ago, FearlesslyFree said:

Guys, I'm a PE teacher, does getting active at work count? 

I spent about 20 minutes.. and that's being conservative running and walking around in the call of duty. Can I count that?

Also pertaining to the squats, that one has me really thinking, I can easily do most squats, :disillusionment: unless you're referring to single leg squats.... that means... okay... I'll see what I can do.

As long as it's dedicated workout time, and meets the criteria, you can count it.  My job gives me 3hrs a week of paid workout time, you can bet I'll be working on the mini during it. :playful:

And yes, you can do a lot more than basic bodyweight squats.  Find a variant that puts you in the right AMRAP, and go for it!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

As long as it's dedicated workout time, and meets the criteria, you can count it.  My job gives me 3hrs a week of paid workout time, you can bet I'll be working on the mini during it. :playful:

And yes, you can do a lot more than basic bodyweight squats.  Find a variant that puts you in the right AMRAP, and go for it!

Yes, you are right, I wasn't thinking deep enough at all. If I throw in some jumps lol that'll add more challenge

• Like 2

FearlesslyFree

HumanAssassin

[Level: 2 | STR 3.7 | DEX 1.8 | STA 2.8 | CON 3.7 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.8 ]

The Beginning The Journey Continues FearlesslyFree, Road to 20 Push ups

Current Challenge: FearlesslyFree Returns to Battle

John 5:22-24

Finally, a squat challenge before leg day :) 

Unfortunately the core holds I am working on that are AMSAP 45 seconds or less have personal AMSAP of about 3 seconds :D:D:D 

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

YO JOE! 

Had a good first week of the challenge with my workouts and karate hitting my goals.  Joining the Mini to keep me pushing outside my comfort zone. 

"He'll never give up, he'll stay 'til the fight's won, GI Joe will dare!"

As long as Beachhead doesn't lead the training...

• Like 2

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

10 hours ago, Chimichanga said:

Looking forward to joining the mini next week!

Does this mean you are cleared to work out?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

As Week 1 draws to a close, our instructors offer the following assessment:

Clutch (squat reps) - WhiteGhost with 70reps

Doc (core hold) - JediNickD with 100sec

Snake Eyes (meditation) - JediNickD with 50min

Mutt & Junkyard (run/walk) - Teancum with 365min

• Like 2

Week 2 of your recruitment will run until Sunday, 6May at 11:59PM Central Time!

Breaker

gijoe-breaker.jpg

As the Joe's radio operator, Breaker is responsible for keeping in touch with everyone and getting them the support they need.  Impress him by greeting new people and trying to have a conversation.

Rock 'n Roll

rock-n-roll-gijoe.png

Rock 'n Roll goes through a lot of ammo as a Joe machine gunner.  Help him out and earn his approval by performing farmer's walks to keep him stocked.  Log your total distance (in meters) with a challenging amount of weight in each hand.

Scarlett

scarlett.jpg

Scarlett will be covering our combat training to make sure we're ready for field work.  Impress her by logging your time spent training any martial art (in minutes).

Wild Bill

wild-bill.png

Wild Bill has offered us a ride in his helicopter.  Impress him by hanging on through his aerobatics by performing any pull exercise of your choice.  Only exercises with a personal AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) of 10 or less can be counted, though!

• Like 6

Going to a Board Game Night at an Alehouse for a friend's birthday tonight, so I should be able to meet and greet some new people.  I just have to get out of this shell...

• Like 2

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!  YO JOE!

Spoiler

As Week 2 comes to an end, our instructors offer the following assessment:

Breaker (people greeted) - JediNickD with 7 people

Rock 'n Roll (farmers walks) - JediNickD with 380m

Scarlett (martial arts) - JediNickD with 220min

Wild Bill (pull reps) - WhiteGhost with 200reps

• Like 1

Week 3 of your recruitment will run until Sunday, 13May at 11:59PM Central Time!

Tunnel Rat

gijoe-tunnel-rat.jpg

Tunnel Rat specializes in getting into and out of hard to reach spots.  Impress him by demonstating your flexibility and mobility and logging the total time (in minutes) spent practicing.

Roadblock

roadblock-collage.jpg

Not only is Roadblock an outstanding soldier, he's also a master chef.  Impress him with your own culinary skills by preparing meals of your choice. Each meal must contain at least one vegetable to count.

Sgt Slaughter

gijoe-sgt-slaughter.jpg

DROP AND GIVE ME 20!!!  Sgt Slaughter is taking this training back to basics.  Impress him by performing any push exercise of your choice.  Only exercises with a personal AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) of 20 or less can be counted, though!

Stalker

stalker.jpg

Stalker is a scout and explorer, and loves to see new places.  Impress him by exploring new places (to you) and logging the total number.  You can earn up to 2 bonus points by posting a picture of you performing any bodyweight exercise of your choice in the new location.

• Like 2

Lots of stretching and mobility exercises early in the week with plenty more planned for the week.  Got some zucchini and pork shoulder to get my chef on.  Might have to dust off the Geocaching app to get the exploring done as I don't get much adventure in during the week and the weekend isn't looking adventurous either.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Too bad this isn't next week! Everywhere I go would be new! 

• Haha 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Can i still join? :) 

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Week 4 of your recruitment will run until Sunday, 20May at 11:59PM Central Time!

Flint

gijoe-flint.jpg

Flint has decided to run everyone through an obstacle course to test our overall fitness.  No sweat for an Assassin, right?  Show off your skills by logging your time spent training any parkour training (in minutes).  If you're not sure what to try, start with a safety roll.

Lady Jaye

lady-jaye.jpg

Knowing is half the battle, so Lady Jaye is making us hit the books.  Impress her by logging your total study time (in minutes).

Gung Ho

gijoe-gung-ho.jpg

Gung Ho thinks we all need abs like his.  Show your dedication by performing any rep-based core exercise of your choice.  Only exercises with a personal AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) of 20 or less can be counted, though!

Shipwreck

shipwreck.png

Shipwreck doesn't like dealing with landlubbers, so he's taking everyone out on a ship to see what we can do.  Impress him by climbing the rigging by logging your total time spent climbing (in minutes).

• Like 4

For Week 3, our instructors offer the following assessment:

Tunnel Rat (flexibility/mobility) - JediNickD with 285min

Roadblock (meal prep) - Teancum, Anim07734, and JediNickD with 1 meal each

Sgt Slaughter (push reps) - JediNickD with 190reps

Stalker (places explored) - WhiteGhost with 3placed

• Like 2

Most the core exercises I do regularly, I can knock out more than 20, so it is just Toes-to-Bar for now.  Monkey bars are my climbing, which is great cardio too.  I don't do much for parkour, but I could do some rolls or something. 

Study time I had planned to crush this week, but my plan is getting crushed instead.  Imaging place didn't copy my MRIs so I have to go back today at lunch time, which cuts out time I was going to work on my IJRS homework.  Thursday I am already working through lunch and Friday I was having lunch with a friend.  I have Toastmasters tonight and tomorrow, which will count for study time, but I wanted to get more Jedi studying done this week.  Grrr. 

• Like 1

Spoiler