Hello All! It's funny how birthdays have  you reflecting a lot more! Recently I can't stop thinking "Holy crap, it's already over half way through april, where does the time go?!" When I turned 30 two years ago, I wanted to make it a point to be a healthier me. It went well that year, until I started having too many irons in the fire! Here I am 2 years later and probably the heaviest I've ever been. I am happy to say that in my maturity since college I have acknowledged and accepted the fact that I will never be in the shape I was in HS & College, since as women, our bodies change so much as we age. My goal is to be the healthiest version NOW. Not then, but NOW. I want to be stronger, more flexible, and ENJOY activity again! Better eating and sleeping habits, because when they are on point - I feel great! I haven't had that for sometime now!

By day I work as an architect and am currently in season coaching softball at a local college. A year or two ago I tired rock climbing outdoors and really enjoyed it - it was the first activity I didn't COMPARE myself to someone else during. I never had a climbing place close enough to really go and train that was convenient for my schedule/location - until NOW - in July there will be a climbing gym 20 min from home (yayyy!). Then, this past Friday I tried an Intro to Aerial Dance class at a new gym and loved it! I am excited to find two things that I could consider to be my "workout soulmates"

In the last few years I've put on extra weight (20 lbs) since becoming part of a blended family, I have found myself putting everyone else first and have let myself become last in line. Lately, I've been realizing you cannot pour energy (the positive kind) from an empty well! It's time to get my energy and health back. Better food choices, moving everyday, get more sleep!

I signed up for my second half marathon (first one being back in 2013) for September! I realized when I trained, not only did I lose weight, I found that running is a HUGE stress reliever for me! THIS time around I will be doing cross training in hopes to avoid injuries (last time I didn't do any CT and was out of training for 2 weeks due to my IT Band). I figured the training running & cross training can help me lose some weight so it'll be easier to lift myself up a walk AND silks! :)

I'm excited to be apart of such a supportive community! Something I've been missing for a while!

• Like 2