Chapter 1: A jump start is sometime necessary

Dark Artemis

Hey, to everyone here. As the progress one I am trying to maintain the focus on things that I tried to do in the past but failed a see through to the end. One of those things is my health and focus on journey to become a better version of myself.

With that being said I am ready to be more focused on this challenge than before.

So here are my Quest to complete during the next 4 weeks:

Fitness/Health Quest

1. Only have dessert one per week.
    • I have realized that over the past few years I have indulged to much at work and with friend. Which has lead me to not work out as much as I would like.
  2. Get back to working out.
    • I started doing this before but life got in the way. But I would like to say no more.
  3.  Limit the amount of fast food to traveling only/ limit myself on the menu 
    • This one will be one of the harder ones because:
      •  we have clients come in and provided us with lunch
      •  I work near a lot of these types of restaurants
      • I also work long odd hours as the weather warms up

Finally the level up life quest:

1.  To stop hitting the snooze button on the alarm when it is time to wake up.
    • This one is specifically hard because it forces me not be a slow moving turtle in the morning and possibly make not in a hurry as much through life.

If you have any advice on how tackle these I am always open to it.

giphy.gif

To define is to limit.~ Oscar Wilde

Aaah, the nasty desserts... As for not hitting the snooze button I started to set my alarm 30 minutes before I actually have to get up. I'm basically still hitting the snooze button but at least it's easier to get up when I have to.

How did the first week go for you?

Weekly update. Despite the fact that I have out of the house working late all week it has went really well. I had the urge to hit that snooze button a couple of times because of late nights but choose not to. And so far my I have noticed that I am a not as rushed as before. But also the desserts I have started to make my tea before I get to work which I have noticed that by doing so it has slowed down my hurry to kitchen at my office first thing in the morning  (which is when all the sweets first arrive in the office from our vendors and clients) this in turn allows me to avoid a lot of temptation. Also I was able to turn down desserts a client meeting (yeah I guess). I started to exercise I again which was great because I  miss that feeling of sense of accomplishment afterwards that comes afterwards.

To define is to limit.~ Oscar Wilde

4 hours ago, Dark Artemis said:

Weekly update. Despite the fact that I have out of the house working late all week it has went really well. I had the urge to hit that snooze button a couple of times because of late nights but choose not to. And so far my I have noticed that I am a not as rushed as before. But also the desserts I have started to make my tea before I get to work which I have noticed that by doing so it has slowed down my hurry to kitchen at my office first thing in the morning  (which is when all the sweets first arrive in the office from our vendors and clients) this in turn allows me to avoid a lot of temptation. Also I was able to turn down desserts a client meeting (yeah I guess). I started to exercise I again which was great because I  miss that feeling of sense of accomplishment afterwards that comes afterwards.

Right on!

hitting the snooze button... man... that’s a good one! You’ve inspired me.

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve."