Anim Battles Mediocrity

Anim07734

Anim had made progress, but slowly, as his lack of focus tread the ground around him into a swamp.  It felt like he was going in circles, and circles he had traveled before, at that.  Shaking himself off, Anim picked a direction and starting slogging forward.

I know I've made progress the past couple challenges, but it doesn't feel like it.  Especially last challenge, every week felt mediocre, like I should have done more.  Part of the problem is divided priorities.  Workouts are getting shortened or skipped to make time for projects, so I never feel like I've done enough.  And I keep adding short projects instead of finishing the big, uncomfortable ones.

But my attic still isn't done and it's already getting too hot in Florida to not have my AC on.  So that needs to get done, especially since my GF is planning to move in as soon as it's finished.  We're also working on the master bedroom/bath for when that happens, currently halfway finished painting.

Goals:

Workout or Project Daily - Last challenge was demotivating because I kept missing my workout goal so I'd have the time and energy to work on projects.  So I'm changing that up this month.  In order to count a day, I need to either have a good workout or make progress on an attic or bedroom project.  If I manage to do more than one in a day, the extras will count half for earning me a day off.

Cook Twice a Week - This one is more difficult than it should be, so I'm going to keep trying to make it a habit.  If I want to be in costume shape by Dragoncon, I need to cut fat off my waist more consistently.

Finish the Attic - The whole point of redoing my attic was to save money on AC this summer, but the project is taking so long that I'm about to spend all my cash paying for AC this spring.  So I'm setting a hard deadline of May 16th, because that's when my parents get here to visit and meet the GF.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Looks like some good flexibility in what you need to get done! 

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Yeah, it's been pretty miserable.  Not sure how hot it is in the attic, but I'm coming home to low-80's in the house.  Challenge is otherwise going okay, I guess.  I haven't been cooking, but workouts and housework are going as well as can be expected.

Finished painting the bedroom last week and almost done painting the bathroom (just need to paint the spots that needed the plaster repaired).

IMG_20180503_215850343_LLIMG_20180506_140219646

I'll be putting a mirror under the bathroom light to cover the rough patch where the old, rusty medicine cabinet used to be.

• Like 2

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I like those colours!! And the bathroom light fixture works really well! 

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

I'm a big fan of color, though most of my house is a little more conservative.  Entry and hallway are a lavender.  The front room is a light moss.  The other bedroom is a sunshine yellow with a light green accent wall.  The hall bath has dusty rose tile (same style as shown in the master), so we're planning a light blue paint.  We're talking about a grey/silver for the junk room/office/third bedroom, but haven't decided yet.

I'm really happy with how the light turned out in the bathroom.  When I saw it in the store, I immediately thought "planets" to go with the space-scape paintings I'm using to decorate.  The GF thought "bubbles" for a bathroom. :playful:

I'm also hoping the temp drops a little.  It was 77F in the house when I got up this morning, which I'm sure isn't helping my sleep.  And maybe if I could start working before 7, I could get to bed before midnight...

On the plus side, I finished vacuuming all the areas I can reach on Monday and did most of the wiring updates I wanted last night.  Added an ethernet drop in the master bedroom and ran a second cable drop to the junk room/office instead.  Then replaced that light box with one that's rated for a ceiling fan, so I don't have to crawl through insulation to do it next time I renovate.  Hoping to finish sealing the random holes and gaps with spray foam tonight and start on the rafter baffles tomorrow, but we'll see how things go.  I could really use an early night to catch up on sleep.

• Like 1

Everything continues to take longer than it should...  Finished the spray foam last week and am now retaping all the insulation on my ducts.  It should improve my AC efficiency some, though not as much as replacing the duct work (which it needs).

Parents get in tonight, so I'll be cleaning the house and getting a bed ready for them instead of working on the attic tonight and am out of town the rest of the week.  New deadline is Memorial Day...

Current list of expected steps:

-finish taping ducts

-install rafter baffles

-install insulation blocks (plywood where I don't want insulation)

-replace damaged junkroom ceiling (4x8 section)

-replace skylights

-replace damaged bathroom ceiling (small section)

-replace bathroom fans

-insulate skylights and front room knee walls (cathedral ceiling)

-mark gas line above expected insulation level

-blow in insulation

We'll see how much more gets added to the list as I go. :playful:  It's still twice as long as when I started this project.

• Like 1

Sounds busy!! I admire both your ability and persistence. I'm not very good with home improvements haha

Spoiler