• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

I Am Groot; Long term Goals Part 2

This is a continuation of I AmGroot, where we set up long term goals:

On the NF blog, Steve wrote a blog titled https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/want-results-be-like-groot-i-am-groot/  He talked about the "Groot Method" Groot  grows from a twig to a " giant walking tree badass hero" Groot's power is in his slow consistent growth. 

groot-dance.gif

I've tried to make big Epic Quest goals, but not done very well.  I made to many and had a hard time following through, and often completely forgetting them until suddenly it was the end of the year.  The aim of this accountability group is to take big goals , that take longer than a month, but break it down into smaller goals.Working on our epic quests consistently will help us  complete our quests and "Be  Like Groot",

Specifics:

Your goal (s)can be whatever you want. Fitness, family, life, adventure etc. Try and choose a goals that you can complete in about 12 weeks.

You can pick more than one goal. I plan on having two 

Break that goal down into weekly goals. Each Monday we will report on how far along we are on the goal. For reporting purposes we'll give ourselves a percentage as to how far along we are each week for our weekly goal. 70%- 79% complete=C, 80_89% = B 90- 100 % = A

Thanks @annyshay for the unit idea. The GUardians of the Galaxy uses units for their currency, and since we are Groot, we will too, Here's how it goes

For each goal:

100 units for task 1 of dividing your goal into smaller chunks

Each week:

100 units  for reporting in each week ( even if you totally miss your goal if you report in you still get units)

If you completed 70% - 79 %of what you intended to FOR THAT WEEK= 200 units

If you completed 80- 89 % of what you intended to FOR THAT WEE=K 300 units

If you completed 90- 99% of what you intended for that week =400 units

If you are 100% on target for the week you get the= 400 units + 100 unit bonus

BONUS ROUND- At the half way point March 25th- if you are on track for finishing your goal and at about at least 40 % of the way there  500 BONUS UNITS

End Game;

If you achieved about 80%- 89% of your goal= 100 Units

if you achieved 90 -99% of your goal=2,000 Units

100 goal complete =8,,000 units

To break that down  (per goal)

You get 100 units once you pick a goal and break it down into smaller goals

100 Units for each week you report in

The max number of units each week  is 500 units

the Bonus round is 500 units

end game max  unit= 5,000

Each goal has the possibility of earning 21,300 NITS

Plus, As the game designer, I may hand out random units just because I liked something you did.

I don't have an excel sheet or anything fancy to keep track of it. Each person is responsible for counting their own Units.

Tagging @elizevdmerwe and @annyshay and @Jonesy

tumblr_nb71nrrkIx1rrkahjo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I missed updating last week. Which is sad, because I actually did the things. But then I forgot to report it here.

So here is where I am at:

Last week scrapbook

0 points reporting in

I did however complete my tasks so 400 points

units. accumulation so far=2,900

This week

100 points reporting in

400 points for 4 pages done

Total 3,400 units

Home remodel

last week

didn't report in

did look at vanities 400 points

2,800 units

this week

100units for reporting in

and I decided to swap out this task for gardening and do some much needed weeding

400units

Total 3,300 units

My end goal was the 30th. I I'm going to total up my scores for that now

My goals at the start were;

home remodeling: downstairs basement and bath remodeled; this one relies o contractors and husband, so some of it is out of my hands, however if I'm waiting on stuff to get done I can work on prepping for the next section

Edit; waiting to do bath remodel; goals finish the carpet downstairs, organize bookshelves, place loose pictures in photo boxes; choose vanity for bathroom

Downstairs is carpeted, bookshelves organized, pictures in boxes, vanity not chosen

I'm calling it 80% done; so I get 100 bonus units

Total Units for home remodel is 3,500

Complete 2 Scrapbooks/ download and choose pictures for start of another

Wow, this was an ambitious goal. I worked a bunch on scrapbooking but nope. I finished one  and am about half way through another. Of course it is a bigger one and more complicated but still, it realistically just takes more time. It's not really 80% done, but I am still giving myself 100 bonus units, because I worked hard on it

Total unit 3,500

Rewards

Unit spending plan:

For each goal total amount I earn  3,000 units= $10 amazon spending loot; 3,500 units= $20 ;4,00 units = $30

Which means home remodel netted me $10 Amazon loot, and scrapbooking $20 so I have a tota 0f $30 to spend at Amazon!

For the remainder of the challenge:

Home remodel
: Look at the second hand stores for vanities

Look at Home depot with hubby

make a decision

put dates on the calendar for bathroom remodel

Scrapbook

Finish scrapbook

This week 4 pages 

• Like 1

Main Goal: Get stronger for the Waterra OCR on 2 June 2018.

Breakdown:

1. Pull up progression: I divided pull ups into different phases that I have to do until I can do a certain amount of pull ups/chin ups/walk the planks for that phase. I'm currently in phase 2 which is pull up walk the planks (reverse pull ups). Aiming at 6x8 every Monday.
  2. Deadlifts: I have different weights that I have to do every week. I adapt the weights a little bit according to what I have at home, as the numbers given are calculated and not necessarily what I can actually put on the bar. (I'll adjust as necessary at the time. Weights aren't set in stone).
    • Phase 3: 6x2 @ 80% max (32kg 31kg) AND 3x6 @ 60% (24kg 26kg)

• Phase 4: 4x1 @ 80% max (32kg 35kg) AND 4x6 @ 70% (28kg 29kg)

• Phase 5: 5x5 @ 75% max (30kg 31kg) AND 5x10 @ 60% (24kg 29kg)

• Phase 6: 6x2 @ 85% max (34kg 35kg) AND 3x6 @ 70% (28kg 30kg)

Push ups: I can't really concentrate on these as they are just support for other strength training. So I'm dropping them from the goal list.

We had a busy weekend with my mil coming to visit, so I couldn't get here in time to report in on week 1, but here is the summary now.

WEEK 1: SUMMARY

1. Pull ups:

I did them last week Monday. I am trying for 3x8 in the morning and then again 3x8 in the afternoon. Did 6 sets, but only 33/48 reps = 68.75%

• AM: 5 | 8 | 4 | 4
  • PM: 4 | 4 | 4

2. Deadlifts:

Friday Phase 3: 2x6 @ 31kg AND 3x6 @ 26kg (100%)

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Main Goal: Get stronger for the Waterra OCR on 2 June 2018.

Breakdown:

1. Pull up progression: I divided pull ups into different phases that I have to do until I can do a certain amount of pull ups/chin ups/walk the planks for that phase. I'm currently in phase 2 which is pull up walk the planks (reverse pull ups). Aiming at 6x8 every Monday.
  2. Deadlifts: I have different weights that I have to do every week. I adapt the weights a little bit according to what I have at home, as the numbers given are calculated and not necessarily what I can actually put on the bar. (I'll adjust as necessary at the time. Weights aren't set in stone).
    • Phase 3: 6x2 @ 80% max (32kg 31kg) AND 3x6 @ 60% (24kg 26kg)

• Phase 4: 4x1 @ 80% max (32kg 35kg) AND 4x6 @ 70% (28kg 29kg)

• Phase 5: 5x5 @ 75% max (30kg 31kg) AND 5x10 @ 60% (24kg 29kg)

• Phase 6: 6x2 @ 85% max (34kg 35kg) AND 3x6 @ 70% (28kg 30kg)

Push ups: I can't really concentrate on these as they are just support for other strength training. So I'm dropping them from the goal list.

We had a busy weekend with my mil coming to visit, so I couldn't get here in time to report in on week 1, but here is the summary now.

WEEK 1: SUMMARY

1. Pull ups:

I did them last week Monday. I am trying for 3x8 in the morning and then again 3x8 in the afternoon. Did 6 sets, but only 33/48 reps = 68.75%

• AM: 5 | 8 | 4 | 4
  • PM: 4 | 4 | 4

2. Deadlifts:

Friday Phase 3: 2x6 @ 31kg AND 3x6 @ 26kg (100%)

Great goals. That's a lot of pull ups!

• Like 1

WEEK 2: Monday

Due to mil being here, I could only do my early morning walk the plank pull ups.

Of the 3x8 I only managed 8 | 6 | 5 (19reps in total)

Deadlifts are Friday and I'm aiming for: 4x 1 @ 35kg AND 4x 6 @ 30kg + - . It is phase 4 [ Phase 4: 4x1 @ 80% max (32kg) AND 4x6 @ 70% (28kg) ] It will thus be a little bit higher than 80% and 70% respectively, but I don't think it makes much of a difference.

• Like 1

I did a lot of gardening this week. Didn't get any scrapbooking done. I don't mind that I didn't get scrapbooking done, I was busy working on my yard. But I don't want to neglect it all spring while I work in the garden.

I never ordered my prizes for the units I earned. I picked some stuff out, but then was sort of meh about it. But I'm going to do that now.I have a habit of not actually getting the loot. Which is demotivating for the next time when I pick up loot

How is everyone doing?

• Like 1

I didn't get around to doing deadlifts last week Friday. I did however get my walk the plank pull ups done on Monday, and I got my first 3 sets of fully 8 reps! Brandt and I were using the same section of the security bars for pull ups, so we took turns to do our sets, which gave me a bit more of a break between sets, which got me to 3x8 :D I did bent over rows in between the sets of pull ups, and also got 3x8 @ 5kg of those in. And I could feel the back muscles working, until nothing worked any more when I tried the next 3x8 sets a little later. I only got 5 and then 3 reps respectively.

Eish, totally forgot to update! I think between juggling my thread, electricity, and trying to stay up to date on everyone's thread, another thread is just one too much for me. So sorry to have dropped you guys.

I have however made huge progress with my strength and fitness, and this week I'm tapering the training down a little bit, then next week maybe only walking and 1x strength before I do the Waterra 02 June. Then I want to start walking with the boys, and this time we'll stick to it so that we can go on a family hike together.

Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it.