Machete Returns: Dispatches from the Wasteland

Machete

Late to the party.

So I disappeared for a little over a month. I fell into a Fallout black hole and I have no plans to get out of it. I'm thinking for the next 3 weeks I will work around this and integrate my life into this, rather than the other way around. At least for now.

vault-survival-guide.jpg

1. Quest Log

When I start the game, it's all over. I have no concept of time. The goal will be to make a list and rough schedule of things that need to be done that day (setting alarms on the phone) BEFORE starting to play.

2664-1-1448424850.png

2. Simple & Sinister

The busy person's workout. And since I'm busy being a Commonwealth Minuteman, I'm going back to this program, attempting a minimum of 2 days a week.

maxresdefault.jpg

3. Nourishment

I'm forgetting to eat. This is not good for my plans to get yuge. The goal is to hit 2'500 calories a day.

vt_30.jpg

Hopefully this is enough to get me started in balancing my life.

War never changes...

• Like 4

First day was a grind. Did my S&S at about 1 in the morning, then jammed my calories in with breakfast cereal and PB&J. I was able to plan out and and schedule my tasks, but again, I got lost killing Raiders and Deathclaws, and arming settlers.

• Like 2

Same story Monday. S&S at around half-past 1 in the morning while watching Fallout videos on Youtube.

Got everything planned and accomplished today with the help of my trusty kitchen whiteboard. Some semblance of structure is beginning to appear.

Already hit my 2 S&S days. I'll try to go for a third one, preferably not at 1 in the morning.

Calories have been good as well, thanks to PB&J and tater tots. And I've actually eaten one solid, cooked meal a day the past 2 days. #ImSoDisciplined

• Like 4

Man, I remember doing S&S at 0100 after getting off of work. Those were the days. Couldn't pay my bills, couldn't barely eat right, but could lift some heavy-ass weight and get strong.

Nowadays, I don't see how in the world I'm getting 2 days of S&S in. :D

Anyway, PB&J and tater tots sounds great. You do all that on that sammich together? Because that sounds amazing.

• Like 1
On 5/2/2018 at 1:34 PM, Kishi said:

Man, I remember doing S&S at 0100 after getting off of work. Those were the days. Couldn't pay my bills, couldn't barely eat right, but could lift some heavy-ass weight and get strong.

Nowadays, I don't see how in the world I'm getting 2 days of S&S in. :D

Anyway, PB&J and tater tots sounds great. You do all that on that sammich together? Because that sounds amazing.

Yep. Whenever I do it with a 32kg I'm thinking, "I really did this 4 days a week?"

Separately. I'm scared to try it together... Or am I?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest Log has been paying off. Note to self: I need more dry-erase markers. Continue with this.

Simple & Sinister was completed twice last week, along with a cardio session on the Rower, and 3 Jiu-jitsu classes. I will attempt to get 3 in this week.

Logging was not as successful. I need to get back into the groove of it, though I'm pretty sure I've been meeting 2'500 most days. Ate 2 servings of Blue Apron's pork chops on Wednesday, which was roughly 1k. Topped-up Thursday with the rest of the cereal and Mac & Cheese. Friday was stuffed-crust pizza. Attended a Wedding on Saturday; I only ate once that day, but I probably jammed-in enough roast beef and wedding cake to get my calories in. Sunday was the flight back, and I probably consumed most of my calories in the form of Ginger Ale. Needless to say, I'm not feeling particularly well right now. It's either all the processed crap, or Spring is kicking my ass.

• Like 4
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, Machete said:

Separately. I'm scared to try it together... Or am I?

Dude, just think about it. Peanut Butter Potato Tot and Jelly sammich. The alliteration alone makes it worth trying.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, Machete said:

Simple & Sinister was completed twice last week, along with a cardio session on the Rower, and 3 Jiu-jitsu classes. I will attempt to get 3 in this week.

I like the rower too. Thing can make you work without hurting the joints overmuch.

• Like 1

Rowing machine's pretty great. Low joint stress, decent full-body work. And with a high enough resistance setting, you get a bit of strength training. It's more endurance than is usually advised for strength training, but it's hard to argue that it basically works.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

17 hours ago, Kishi said:

Dude, just think about it. Peanut Butter Potato Tot and Jelly sammich. The alliteration alone makes it worth trying.

I like the rower too. Thing can make you work without hurting the joints overmuch.

It literally took me years to even gather up the courage to put jelly on peanut butter. This one might take longer. Haha

And you get to sit down while doing cardio. On a serious note though, it's my go-to recommendation for bigger folks, rather than pounding themselves on a treadmill.

16 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Rowing machine's pretty great. Low joint stress, decent full-body work. And with a high enough resistance setting, you get a bit of strength training. It's more endurance than is usually advised for strength training, but it's hard to argue that it basically works.

I really suck at it. I think I get way too pedantic about the technique instead of just going ham on it. That's why I like the AirDyne better for intervals.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Machete said:

I really suck at it. I think I get way too pedantic about the technique instead of just going ham on it. That's why I like the AirDyne better for intervals.

Yeah, that's fair. Technique is a good thing, but it takes a little time  to build. I rowed in college, so it's muscle memory.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Much was achieved the past week. 2 days of S&S, a day of rowing, quite a bit of Jiu-jitsu, and tracked pretty much every day. I say pretty much because I keep forgetting dinner. Had to buy another set of dry erase markers from using the ones I had so much, so it's going well. Though I'm no longer constantly thinking about Fallout, once I play it still puts me in a daze.

I was planning on hitting S&S for a third time this week, but it turns out I've actually caught a cold and it's not just allergies. It sucks because I'm a huge whimp when it comes to dealing with sickness. Slept all day, and now my whole sleep cycle is messed-up. Welp.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
On 4/30/2018 at 10:06 AM, Machete said:

Late to the party.

<----- Late finding you

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/14/2018 at 1:01 PM, Sylvaa said:

b3c7bd0e4478ab6fcd7bdd8da620858a.jpg

Just kidding! Feel better!

Isn't it personscouts now or something? I just read about some new adjustment they're doing. I don't really feel I know enough about it to have an opinion.

Skipped Jiu-jitsu, but I did test out S&S on Monday. The swings were a grind to go through, but I got it done. Felt like shit after.Actually for the next 2 days. I'm sure eating only two solid meals, one of which consisted entirely of doughnuts had something to do with it. Missed my calories by like a thousand. I guess that's my "cheat day."

• Like 1

BSA: Scouts. They left the B to appeal to traditionalists, but took the “Boy” away to scavenge what few kids are left that will do this sort of thing away from the Girl Scouts. Officially there won’t be co-ed groups, but there already are in my city.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

5 minutes ago, Machete said:

Skipped Jiu-jitsu, but I did test out S&S on Monday. The swings were a grind to go through, but I got it done. Felt like shit after.Actually for the next 2 days. I'm sure eating only two solid meals, one of which consisted entirely of doughnuts had something to do with it. Missed my calories by like a thousand. I guess that's my "cheat day."

Were they at least good doughnuts?

• Like 1
On 5/16/2018 at 11:44 AM, Kishi said:

Were they at least good doughnuts?

Nope. They were Walmart doughnuts. And not the plain glazed. Hardly worth it.

Well, totally slacked-off the last week. I guess I made excuses for myself, considering I was sick. Also, Fallout. Still got my Jiu-jitsu in. I'll be taking some more steps in the next challenge, probably with scheduling.

• Like 2