Sambalina's Half-elf adventure

Sambalina

End of challenge summary:

This was my first 6 week challenge with NerdFitness, and I couldn’t be happier. I have NEVER done anything like this before, and am typically not good at sticking with things like eating and exercise, but something about NF, the challenge, or perhaps just where I am in my life, made this a breeze. I am so glad I’ve seen it through. Thanks to the lovely people here and all the info Steve has on the main website, I’ve seen some good changes in all the areas of my life.

Primal eating is now so easy I barely have to think about it. I still go a bit funny and eat a few biscuits or something now and then, but these occasions are definitely lessening in frequency and urgency. 6 weeks ago it was 1-2 times a week, now it’s maybe 1-2 time every 2 weeks. I reckon this’ll continue to drop off. Also, exercise has become a part of my routine. I am 100% behind bodyweight training! I not have small amounts of hard muscle in my arms and torso that were not there 6 weeks ago! One of the biggest things to change is my mood. I’m so freakin’ happy nearly all the time. Like, randomly smiling as I do things, happy. I feel excited about my life and what I can achieve!

Goal 1:

- Sprint (4 times, 10 seconds+ each) once a week for 6 weeks. (4 DEX)

I missed one week, so I sprinted 5 weeks/6. I’ll round this down to a B, so +3 DEX

Goal 2:

- Eat no processed food during the week. (3 CON)

I’m going to have to estimate this one. I did extremely well on all the meals I prepared at home, but there were slip ups as well as some school lunches that were less than ideal. However, there were not major deal-breakers or whole days when things went badly. It was only ever a snack or two that was processed. I give myself a B, so +2.25 CON.

Goal 3:

- Do THREE sets of 20 squats and two sets of 20 reverse rows. (3 STR)

Both were achieved! Squats in week 3, rows in week 4. A! +3STR

Goal 4:

- Write one 4,000+ word academic article and submit it to at least 5 ESL journals for publication. (4 WIS; 1 STA)

This goal had to be modified as it turns out I can only submit it to one journal at a time. However, I have chosen 5 and have them ranked in my preference order. I finished the article and sent it off to my first choice at the start of week 6. I’m waiting to hear back about whether they want it or not. A = +4 WIS and +1 STA!

Total stat changes for this challenge:

STR:1 (+3 for goal 3)

DEX:3 (+3 for goal 1)

STA:2 (+1 for week 4 challenge; +1 week 6 challenge) (+1 for goal 4)

CON:3 (+1 for week 3 challenge) (+2.25 for goal 2)

WIS:4 (+1 for week one challenge) (+4 for goal 4)

CHA: 2 (+1 for week 2 challenge; +1 for week 5 challenge)

=

STR:4

DEX:6

STA:4

CON:6.25

WIS:9

CHA: 4

So, I am very happy with my challenge. I will bask in my glory for the next week, and then back to it!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Way to go Sam! You did wonderful!

Yay, Sam you absolutely rocked this challenge! I hope you're our guild winner. :)

Oh, I see how it is, Tekilla...

Just kidding, I'd vote for you too Sam. You definitely killed me.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Oh, I see how it is, Tekilla...

Just kidding, I'd vote for you too Sam. You definitely killed me.

Meep! Sorry Chipmunk... you'd have my vote too, as you were a great support throughout my challenge :) Bring on the next one - I hope you'll both stay adventurers! I kinda like having you around :)

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Aw, thanks guys :)

I am 100% staying an adventurer! I've grown pretty fond of the crowd around here!

Tekilla, you did SO SO SO well on your 'no drinking' goal! You should be really proud of yourself.

And Lead, you're just a bit of all 'round awesome!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

It's the thought that counts. I'll totally take a chipmunk bear-hug! You know that I think about it, I don't even know the last time I was hugged (living in SK=not many hugs). Give me your mental hugs!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

You know that I think about it, I don't even know the last time I was hugged (living in SK=not many hugs).

Awww... Now I really wanna give you one... :frown-new: Well, I guess I'll mental hug the breath out of you! You might want to turn around a couple times, 'cause I tend to pick people up and spin them when I give enthusiastic hugs. Haha

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Lol, you guys are so funny! I had a long, boring, crawl home in traffic today. Was thinking about the virtual hug issue, and came up with the idea to scan in my hand and send it to you. Then when i high-fived you, you could pull my hand out of a draw and slap it. Lulz geek much?

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Congratulations on your journey so far! I appreciate you allowing me (as well as the rest of the Nerdfitness community) to share in your journey. I now feel that much more confident that I can complete my own fitness (and other goals)

Continued success..

Dark Panther - Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA:2 CON: 2 WIS: 6 CHA: 3

"Laughing myself to a 6 pack or at least at 4-pack"-

Current Challenge:

...sending mental hugs from here as well. You completely and totally rocked this!

Dwarf = Squad Adventurers

...walking all over that whole 'old and decrepit' thing

Why am I not playing along this time? Uhhhh...can you say crash, boom, ow?

I may be almost 50 - but I hardly act my age. Follow me for mercurial, smartass randomness: @betsywhim on Twitter.

Oh, that's awesome! Anthropology is an amazing discipline to study. Perhaps not the most lucrative, but I'm so pleased that I was able to follow my heart in my studies and just trust everything to work out. And it comes in useful every day living and teaching in another culture!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines