• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I need healthy snack suggestions! 

During the work day (office work), I find that I need a little something between lunch and quitting time. My usual lunch is frozen veggies, an apple, and a cheese stick.

Convenient + healthy = a head scratcher for me. I could use a little help.

Boiled egg, baked potato, piece of chicken, roasted chickpeas - really, anything that you'd eat for a meal can be a snack!

• Like 1

I do lots of sliced veggies: carrots, celery, peppers, cucumbers,  zucchini.  Also some tea makes for a pretty good bridging substance.  Also a few nuts are a pretty solid, if calorie-dense, choice.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, marlowe221 said:

My usual lunch is frozen veggies, an apple, and a cheese stick.

I know we all have different bodies, metabolism, plans, goals, etc. 

You might be needing a snack because your lunch seems pretty small. I'm not sure what diet you're following, but (again here are differences) I'd end up killing someone on that lunch (I work in schools). 

Maybe add some protein/fat into the lunch could give that lunch a little more staying power. My staple lunch (during work months): 1/2 - 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 small Tbsp jelly, 1 apple, 1 ounce really good cheese, and a heated leftover (think salt and sugar cured pork shoulder, carnitas meat, veggie stir-fry with fish). Typically keeps me full until about 5:45ish.

• Like 1

This is exactly the post I was looking for!  I'm trying to eat 5 good vegetables every day.  I get two of them with all the spinach I dump into my smoothies in the morning (or sometimes at lunch).  I can usually get one or two onto my plate for dinner... but lunch is problematic.  I default to sliced celery, carrots, peppers, and snap peas, cold. 

Any other thoughts? 

The roasted chickpeas sounds good... don't know if they'd count as a "good" veggie.

1 hour ago, mediaguy99 said:

The roasted chickpeas sounds good... don't know if they'd count as a "good" veggie.

More like a proteiny starch option (per cup of beans, ~270kcal, 15g protein, 45g carb (13g of which is fiber), 4g fat) . Nice and filling, cheap n easy. If you boil them in vinegar for a bit, and then oven roast with some salt & touch of heat safe oil, it takes like salt & vinegar chips, but more virtuous. ;)

• Like 1