• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Amazon Ninja

Fandom Fitness Challenge aka Amazon Ninja's first personal challenge

MTG - Briarbridge Patrol by Greg-Opalinski

So I’m here because the NF bug of awesomeness has finally bitten me! Just like Spiderman’s radioactive spider I’m changing and I’m making it for the better! ("With great power comes great responsibility!") I want this challenge to extend my knowledge and love of this new lifestyle change. So this personal challenge will extend for five weeks starting Monday! Personally, I love both the Warrior and Assassin factions here so my workout routines will be a mixture of things I’ve learned and want to learn from both. Just call me a Ninja Warrior in training ;)  
Recently, my weight has been sneaking up on me. Quite frankly, I. Want. It. OFF!!! I’ve got a senior piano recital coming in the fall and need the excess weight off. But I also want this to become a lifestyle change! The recital is the motivation but I really want to become healthy to try new exercise activities! I’m really enjoying trying new things and can’t wait for the newest chapter of my life. :) 
FYI, their will be five quests total for five weeks! With each quest there is a fandom!

Quest/Fandom 1: Disney's Atlantis the lost Empire

Quest/Fandom 2: Avatar the Last Airbender

Quest/Fandom 3: Disney's Mulan

Quest/Fandom 4: Psych

Quest/Fandom 5: Avengers (plus Spiderman)

Bonus Fandom: Leverage :D:P 

Main Quest: I do not just want to lose weight, but to gain muscle! 

Quest 1: to eat healthy, clean, delicious foods and make building blocks to functional body strength 

Fandom 1: Disney's Atlantis the lost Empire

Challenge 1: make a meal plan that includes: chicken, eggs, fish, spinach, kale, carrots, strawberries, rice noodles, and pineapple (mix and match for each meal); planks AMAP; push ups (conventional and alternative allowed); pull ups; two leg bridge; walking with weights; STUDY form and technique
Level Up Requirements: TBA 

Well this is going to be fun! CAN'T WAIT TO START!

Image result for avengers gif

• Like 4

giphy.gif

Hello hello! This is an excellent time to give us a little background in your fitness journey so we can be there for you best :) I see you jam on body weight and weighted work? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HI! Thanks!

Exercise Background: Well, I started last year because I simply got tired of being inactive. So I did a Get Fit challenge and was stoked! I learned primal animal movements, which I still use, and lost about 10 lbs (I just couldn't keep it off :(). I also found that I love to lift! But I've heard of the myths with women and weightlifting. As a twenty-something woman, I didn't want to get bulky. But thanks to NF, that myth was busted in my mind. So now, I want to continue my exercise journey as best I can.

• Like 1

Fandom Fitness!!!

Image result for atlantis kida buff deviantart

Quest 1: To lose 3lbs and get my family and friends involved :D (a girl can dream) 

Fandom 1: Disney's Atlantis Lost Empire 

Workouts 1: boxing warm ups, planks 30 sec; 3 sets of push ups (conventional and alternative allowed); pull ups (unconventional); two leg bridge; walking 1 mile with weights; STUDY form and technique 

Duration: One week

Level Up requirements: To have a working knowledge of running and pull up technique (yes I'm still fairly new with technique :P ) and for my meals to be consistent through the entire week

Details: Kida will help primal movements and look good doing them ;), Milo will help with technique and book smarts, Viny will give a sense of humor during the hard/serious times, Audrey will be my boxing coach, Commander Tiberius constantly wants me to drop and give him 20, Dr. Strongbear Sweet keeps me healthy, and Jebidiah is always cooking up some kind of goulash!

This is going to be epic! 

Image result for Vincenzo 'Vinny' Santorini gif

• Like 2

Day 1: So today was the first day of my challenge. And quite frankly, it went better than expected!

Exercises: So I followed my plan! So for a warm up, I did 30 seconds of high knees, 30 seconds of shadow boxing, 3 sets of hamstring sweeps, and 1 minute of cross jumping jacks. (I was already getting sweaty by this point :P.) From there I alternated with running and walking a mile (something's up with my left foot so I tried not to pound on it so hard on the treadmill). Tomorrow, I'll probably not run but I'll substitute it with something else. Maybe light cardio (like really light) or double up on my core exercises... Anyway, I surprised myself with my planks. So instead of just my 30 secs...I did a minute and 35 seconds!!!! I'm still a little tender but I'm soooo happy I can just scream. (But I won't cause I don't want to scare my family in the other room ;):D.) But wait there's more (yes I totally went there :P), I did my 3 sets of pushups and 3 sets of two leg bridges!  

Tomorrow, like I said I'll lay off the treadmill until I figure out what I did to my foot but other than that my workout should be the same just measure it by difficulty (thanks for the advice RedStone!).  

Nutrition: So I have a confession to make...I love potatoes! Baked potatoes actually. So that's what I had a lot of today. I simply just mixed the meats. So I fasted through breakfast, then for lunch I had meatballs and spinach with a ...you guessed it: a baked potato. Then for dinner I had a baked potato with baked chicken and spinach with strawberries for dessert. So overall, I feel great but tomorrow I know we're going out for lunch to Burger King. Thus, I will have to have a very healthy breakfast and more than likely skip dinner (cause BK is just known for their healthy/delicious choices). 

Overall though, I think my Atlantis team is pretty proud :D Well almost everyone... ... ...

Image result for Vincenzo 'Vinny' Santorini gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Don't think I've popped in to say hi yet. Welcome to the warriors! :)

giphy.gif

(Haven't seen Atlantis in a long time, but I love all of your planned fandoms! :D)

Awesome!!! I love love Parker and seriously I feel like this awesomerific gif you've posted :D;) Thanks so much!!!

• Like 1

Day 2 & 3: So the second and third day were better but my adult life is ROUGH! Working while adulting :P 

Exercises: For both days, I got up at 4am to get my goals in order! For warm up I did 30 seconds of high knees, 3 sets of hamstring sweeps, and 1 minute of cross jumping jacks. Since I didn't have a lot of time, I only got in a 15 minute workout. So besides my minute long warmup, I only had about 15 minutes (different from my usual hour long). So I did shorter versions of my goals. Which included, planks 30 sec; 2 sets of lizard crawls; 2 sets of dumbbell rows with a heavy backpack, and ran 1 mile.  

Nutrition: So my diet was crappy the last two days. Two words: Burger. King. So, I thought my  family and I were only going to BK for one day. Buuuttt, because of a family surprised we went BOTH days... :( Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it, but seriously ever since I started exercising THINGS. TASTE. DIFFERENT! My brain is working differently dude!!! Thankfully, there are many NF articles about food. So I'll incorporate them now in my game plan.

Image result for it's a new jack city fresh prince gif  Related imageRelated image

What did you get from Burger King? A balanced diet is a Whopper in one hand and a box of french fries in the other.

It's comendable to wake up so early in the day and exercise. That's something I try and fail to do every single week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

What did you get from Burger King? A balanced diet is a Whopper in one hand and a box of french fries in the other.

It's comendable to wake up so early in the day and exercise. That's something I try and fail to do every single week.

ROTFL! I know right!!! A Whopper and some fries the ideal balanced breakfast. :P 

But I had just that a whopper and fries but two days in a row with soda...yeah not good! 

I believe in you! Morning workouts are rough but are fun...afterwards ;)  

Day 4: Aww yeah jack! The fourth day went very very well!

Workouts: So I switched up my warm up today! I did 10 lunge kicks, 10 squat jacks, 40 sec plank, and reverse elbows + hammer for 2 sets. I did a HIIT for 20 minutes. 20 seconds of high knees, 20 seconds of jumping jacks, 5 lizard walk, 5 horse walk, 40 seconds of rest. Then I repeated this for 20 minutes. I was sooo sweaty. But I felt great. This weight won't hold me back!

Related image 

Nutrition: For breakfast I ate eggs with sausage bread with salsa! It was sooo goood!!! :D:D:D Honestly, I don't the sausage was nutritious but I'll take that. Then for lunch, I had fish tacos! Not the fried kind either. :) Then...I fasted through dinner. I'm really enjoying this intermittent fasting. I'm seeing a difference with my relationship with food. I don't crave certain foods or drinks like I used to. For example, pastas and sodas were my biggest enemy. But now, I find alternatives and I can also stop eating at a certain time! My alternative for wheat pasta is vegetable pasta and rice noodles! Both are DELICIOUS! Also, my alternative for soda is grapefruit juice and natural grapefruit juice! It's great especially when I workout. 

Image result for kida disney gif

Overall though, I'm happy! This challenge is already paying off. :) Kida sure thinks so...

Image result for kida disney gif

• Like 1

Day 5, 6, and 7: I had a little bit of a set back on day 6 because I wasn't able to exercise. But I finished strong on day 7!

Workouts (for day 5 and 7): My usual warm up, I did 30 seconds of high knees, 3 sets of hamstring sweeps, and reverse elbows + hammer for 2 sets, 50 sec planks, and 1 minute of cross jumping jacks. I did a lot of animal movements for those three days (because I didn't have a treadmill around and the neighborhood I was visiting...yeah that adventure wasn't about to happen :))! For example, I did 20 crab walks, 20 bear crawls, 30 lizard crawls, 1 minute of horse walks, and 10 monkey walks.

Nutrition: So I was able to contain most of my cravings! I'm pretty happy about this fact. Down to the facts, for breakfast I had eggs sandwich with strawberry jam. For dinner, I had a potato with fish and spinach. The only time that I faltered, during day 6, was with my craving fried platter of shrimp, fish, and oysters :P. Yeah...so I had to seriously workout hard and watch my food on day 7.  

Level Up Requirements: So I think the biggest technique that I learned was the body position of the plank. I knew before that the body was supposed to be in a pushup position, but I didn't know that the butt is not supposed to be raised in the air because it'll mess up your lower back. And the hips aren't supposed to be to low because the affect of the plank won't be as useful. 

Overall: So this week's journey was great. Even with the minor setbacks. But I'm happy to report I lost 4 lbs! Also I got my brother and sister in on this challenge with me!!! Also, Commander Tiberius seems pretty proud of my success so far :D 

Related image

Image result for atlantis disney

• Like 1

Image result for avatar the last airbender epic

Quest 2: To lose 3 more pounds and bring more people in to exercising with me

Fandom 2: Avatar the last airbender 

Workouts 2: krav maga, planks 50 sec; 3 sets of push ups (conventional and alternative allowed);  two leg bridge; walking 1 mile with weights; STUDY form and technique 

Duration: One week

Level Up requirements: To have a working knowledge push up technique, learn basic krav maga moves, and for my meals to be more consistent through the entire week

Details: Zuko will help me with flexibility and precision, Katara will help me with balance and fluidity and core strength, Aang will help me with fluidity and power, Iroh and Sokka will help with hydration and ingenuity and research in the Spirit Library, and Toph will help me to listen to my body and upper and lower body strength!

Image result for avatar the last airbender intro gifImage result for avatar the last airbender intro gifImage result for avatar the last airbender intro gifImage result for avatar the last airbender intro gif

Alright guys let's do this! Because let's be serious, I have a lot to learn before I can save anyone. :) Yip Yip!! 

Image result for funny aang gifs

• Like 1

Cooool, I've never really known too much about the last airbender, only that the movie got poor reviews and I like how the characters control the elements like they have superpowers.

That's an impressive plank time and number of sets for push ups. 3 sets is a lot! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

No updates for a whole week?

Hey!!! Thanks for the accountability  Rubik'sCat. There's been some really bad thunder storms back to back and knocked out our electricity. :(

But it's better now! 

Alright! My life's back in some kind of relative order. So because I wasn't able to log my experiences I'm counting last week as a bonus week. So today was day one of Avatar workout! So without further ado...

Day 1: Today went very well. I had several close calls with temptations (i.e. orange soda) but I DID NOT FALTER!!!

Workouts: I warmed up with krav maga shadow fighting. The beginning level starts with high knees, hammer punches, cross jumping jacks, and raised kicks. Very tough but very very rewarding :)! From there I did 10 kettle bell swings (I alternated the kettle bell with a heavy backpack ;)), 25 Butterfly Stretch Squats, I mile jog (I'm totally surprised this is getting easier:D), and 10 push up (the last two were clap push ups).  

Nutrition: Ok so last week and today my nutrition was G-R-E-A-T!!! I actually made my meals in advance (although I had to with all the bad storms lately...never know when your power will be knocked out :P). But I took that momentum and ran with it. So I had today a baked potato with a tomato and spinach sauce! It was spicy and delicious and very filling. 

Overall I'm extremely happy with my progress so far and I'm really happy that I didn't backslide last week. So thanks Rubik'sCat for you being you (and for keeping me accountable)! 

intellectualconversationcomingup: â(via GIPHY) â

• Like 2

Day 2: I was a little sore today but it was a nice kind of soreness. This is because I know I'm getting healthier and closer to my goals! 

Workout: More Krav Maga warmups today: 20 high knees, 1 minute of hammer punches, 20 cross jumping jacks, and 10 raised kicks. My main workout consisted of a 1 mile jog (my time is currently 11 minutes :)), 2 sets of push-ups, and a 40 second plank! (Sweaty is the new sparkly ;))

Nutrition: a strawberry smoothie for breakfast, baked chicken and rice noodles for lunch, and I split a Whataburger with my mom for dinner. 

Overall, this was a pretty good day!

Image result for avatar last airbender gif

• Like 2

You're welcome with the accountability thing. I like keeping tabs on other people's fitness accomplishments here.

And Whataburger! So you're from the south too lol. I'm from Texas and there are 673 Whataburger restaurants in my state. So addictive, wouldn't it be nice if we could eat Whataburger forever and never get fat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 3: It was so hot oh my goodness! I felt like I was melting. 

Workout: Krav Maga warmups today: 20 high knees, 2 minute of hammer punches, 40 cross jumping jacks, 10 sumo squats, and 15 raised kicks. The main workout was consisted of a 1 mile jog (alternating from walk to jogging during the jacked up heat), 2 sets of push-ups, a 40 second plank, and 10 mountain climbers.

Nutrition: nothing for breakfast, baked chicken and celery sticks for lunch, a smoothie for a snack, and a potato with a sausage for dinner.

Overall, everything went very well! But man this heat just knocks ya out :P Gotta make sure I'm staying hydrated. (Can't a girl get a breeze!)

tumblr_oq1mz8lW5Y1si4ewso1_400.gif

• Like 2

Day 4 and 5: Alrighty! Things are really starting to role and I've been able to mark off a Quest on my profile. The one that says to make a designated time for working out. And so far I've been able to keep 7am a pretty good target. (In the future I'd like this to become 4am...my life needs this kind of structure.)

Workout: Krav Maga warmups today: 15 high knees, 2 minute of hammer punches, 30 cross jumping jacks, 10 sumo squats, and 10 raised kicks. The main workout was consisted of a 1 mile jog, 2 sets of push-ups, a 35 second plank, and 10 mountain climbers. So my workouts didn't follow all the rules I set out for the day but I'm just glad I didn't stop. And besides, some rules are meant to be broken! :) 

Related image

Nutrition: So I splurged and had pancakes and eggs for breakfast both days, for lunch on both days I had baked chicken and a spicy salad bowl, and for dinner on both days I had a burger on a baked potato. Also, I've been drinking a lot more water (5-6 cups a day! I'm working on the 8...someday guys...someday ;)

All in all, not a bad day. Just gotta make sure I don't hurt my self with new things :) 

Image result for avatar the last airbender toph gif

Day 6: Okie Dokie! Today was g-r-e-a-t! So my achievement today was my mile! I finally did it in under 10 minutes baby. :D:D:D 

Workout: So I changed up my warm ups (my legs are kinda regretting it right now :P). The warm up included, 20 sumo squats + baby kicks, skater hops, and fire hydrant kicks. (Still feelin' dat burn.) My main workout consisted of HIIT exercise that lasted 30 minutes. 2 sets of Pushups Rows, 2 sets of Spider-man Pushups, 8 Frog Jumps, and topped it all off with a 1 mile jog/RUN!

Nutrition: Ok so for breakfast I had a pancake with chicken sausage, for lunch a baked potato with a burger (that's what happens when I make a meal plan :)), and a strawberry smoothie for a during/post workout snack, nothing for dinner. 

So I found this video and I wanted to put this link here! Because it was seriously so challenging and yet so much fun!!! This guy has other stuff as well that I'll be trying in the future. :) 

• Like 1