• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Amazon Ninja

Fandom Fitness Challenge aka Amazon Ninja's first personal challenge

33 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Hi again Ninja. Would you consider competing in a race with me? We can try to get other users involved too. All we need is a specified race distance, a start date and you, I, and maybe others that want to join. We can see who can complete the distance the fastest. 

OH YES!!! I'd love to! Got any ideas on how to get this started? Also, how far are we running?

Let's see if CallMeAmber and ReturnOfTheDad would like to join. I'm just a little excited!!!! :D  :D 

1 hour ago, Amazon Ninja said:

OH YES!!! I'd love to! Got any ideas on how to get this started? Also, how far are we running?

Let's see if CallMeAmber and ReturnOfTheDad would like to join. I'm just a little excited!!!! :D  :D 

lol yea! If I wasn't pumped up I wouldn't think of doing this either. I won't be able to create a new thread for it until Thursday night, but if you want to create a new thread before then and start getting people involved, then I'll post in it too and sign up. I'm not sure what the distance should be. Nothing too short people can finish in 1 week or less though. 

1 hour ago, Rubik'sCat said:

lol yea! If I wasn't pumped up I wouldn't think of doing this either. I won't be able to create a new thread for it until Thursday night, but if you want to create a new thread before then and start getting people involved, then I'll post in it too and sign up. I'm not sure what the distance should be. Nothing too short people can finish in 1 week or less though. 

Cool! I don't have a lot of time this week either but 'll see if I can make a new thread!!! I'll totally spread the NF word about this. 

hmmmm...tell me what you think...about distance how many miles we can complete in a week! Or do you think that's to broad... 

Also, do you think we should have a theme? We don't need it but I'm a giant geek ;) Image result for leverage age of the geek

• Like 1

Day 3: Ok so today was pretty chill (not really but compared to the last couple of days...today was wayyy nice). I mean seriously, exercising so helps with other things in your life. For me I see my endurance has greatly increased. For example, my focus has greatly increased. Also, I've been looking up exercise stuff online and I came across Strongman competitions. I'm not a Strong(wo)man but the sport is very cool to watch. They remind me of Sumos! They're appearance is very deceptive because at the end of the day...they can accomplish feats that are extremely impressive. Sorry I just wanted to share this cool past time that I've just recently found that I like. Alright, down to business. 

Workouts: Yep still stretching. As difficult and unpleasent as this portion of my workout is, I can't deny that I see improvement in my main workout. 

Related image

Nutrition: So for breakfast I had pineapples, for lunch I had a big spicy salad bowl, nothing for dinner.

Overall, today was really good! I can't wait for more. :) 

Related image

• Like 2

giphy.gif.4a7e159313fd5878609ac202c4c20571.gif

Maybe have it like the Tour de France, break the race up into stages and have each stage represent a certain anime or nerd icon, if you think it's a decent idea. I mean, it's Nerd Fitness! Theme it up! Would the distance(s) be random though or based off of locations in video games or movies like they did in the "walk to Mordor" challenge? Certainly something to think about I suppose.

And okay :) post the link to the new thread and I'll join in and try to find recruits as well. To be honest, during a bad week I can only run/walk 7-8 miles, during good weeks I can do 16-18 miles. How much can you do? I wonder how many miles scouts, warriors, rangers, and monks can run in a week on average. As a point of reference, the longest stage of my own personal challenge is 125 km and I can knock that out in about 1 month but I know there are others here much more athletic than myself.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness! This is great :D I'm well thank you!!

I'm going to post my results for this past week (and a couple of days) later today. You see, Rubik'sCat and I want a race (anyone and everyone is invited) but I needed to answer a question for myself about how many miles I can do in a week!

Rubik'sCat asked me this question and quite frankly I didn't know the answer. And I made a little quest for myself to find out! (So to make myself accountable I couldn't use the internet-other than for work-until I found out. :)

So I'm going to have my final answer later today!!!!! 

• Like 2

I DID IT!!!!!! For two weeks I pushed myself to my major limit and held myself accountable. In two weeks I walked/ran 12 miles! I've never been so tired in my life but never felt so accomplished. :D 

Rubik'sCat let's talk details on our race! I'm thinking for a theme DC vs Marvel: Team Flash vs Team Quicksilver...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 9:38 AM, Amazon Ninja said:

I DID IT!!!!!! For two weeks I pushed myself to my major limit and held myself accountable. In two weeks I walked/ran 12 miles! I've never been so tired in my life but never felt so accomplished. :D 

Rubik'sCat let's talk details on our race! I'm thinking for a theme DC vs Marvel: Team Flash vs Team Quicksilver...

Wow! That's impressive. 12 miles is not a walk in the park! If you have the right motivation behind you then you can burst through walls.