an easy programme to follow

Im reading on all the programmes and everything seems way to complicated, i was following a dumbell ppl routine but family emergencies came into the way and I stopped. My god are dumbell routines easy. Im reading on 5/3/1 and im getting so confused. When do I add the weight? and how do I figure out my one rep max? esp on benchpress....can I use dumbells? all programmes are confusing me. It seems tougher to progress. Is it because I never did barbell training on my own? Whats an easy programme to follow man. By easy I mean my brain can understand, not the lifting part being less taxing.

You don't start on 5/3/1.  That is an intermediate barbell lifting program - so all of your questions would be figured out well before you ever touch that program, which is why you're confused.

Start at either StrongLifts or Starting Strength, which give you the basics of lifting and tips about when and how much weight to add as a progression.  But those are also barbells, not dumbbells.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Yea i understand that. But i always have this fear I wont progress as per the programme . Do i pick a weight where i can only do 5 reps and fail after that or do i leave 1-4 reps in the tank?

Also i have a routine i picked out...i dont know how good it is, i will post the routine in a bit. It tells me to to hit 15 reps on the compound movements. Do i start where i can do 7 to 8 reps and work up to fiften for one set and add weight the next session or do i pick a weight that hits 15 reps all sets. How do i progress? Il just find the routine and post it

Edit: heres one i found https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-barbell-mass-workout.html  but how do i progress and what weight should i pick edit again: oh yeah this is intermediate too

Edit: https://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=24445  heres another one i see that hits all bodyparts 3x a week but same questions

Edit: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html  this is a routine i want to follow something im confident i can understand(as i worked with dumbells b4) can i follow thia progression scheme and just replace dead lifts and squats with barbell equivilent?

24 minutes ago, siddhant1991 said:

Yea i understand that. But i always have this fear I wont progress as per the programme . Do i pick a weight where i can only do 5 reps and fail after that or do i leave 1-4 reps in the tank?

I think you are collecting too many underpants here.... 

Directly from Stronglifts website:

This is true regardless of what program you do. Start light and focus on your form. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to progress. People will fail at different points based on a number of different factors. 

• If you’ve done these exercises before, with proper form, then start with 50% of your max. So if you can Squat 5x100kg/220lb, start with 50kg/110lb. This will be easy but within two months you’ll be Squatting 110kg/245lb for 5×5 – more than you started with.
  • If you’ve never done these exercise or haven’t lifted in years, then start with the empty bar. You may look ridiculous for a while, but the weight will increase each workout. Within three months you’ll be Squatting 100kg/220lb for 5×5 – more than most people.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

^This

Seriously.  Pick a *beginner* program, read it, and go.  If you're just starting they're all going to get you to roughly the same place.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, Sylvaa said:

@Sylvaa, I love this and I think you are right.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, siddhant1991 said:

Edit: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html  this is a routine i want to follow something im confident i can understand(as i worked with dumbells b4) can i follow thia progression scheme and just replace dead lifts and squats with barbell equivilent?

I think this is a great starting dumbbell program and I would start by following the program exactly. Start with a weight you know can hit somewhere in the middle (about 9 reps with good form) and progress from there. If after the first week it is too easy for you then add more weight. If the routine becomes stale and boring then feel free to change it up or find a new routine. I would pick a plan and work through it for at least a month or two before switching it up. It takes time and repetition for a plan to work.

Good Luck and you've got this!

An easy way to get started again, is to keep things simple.

Go back to the program you were doing before you had to stop.

With this difference,

Go with the 5x5 to start.

That is 5 sets of five reps per set, for a total of 25 reps.

I say this, because the low reps will allow you to get your form back on the exercises--and gradually get stronger.

After several months--or whenever you feel you are back in a groove.

Make the switch to something like the 4x12 program.

This will help you gain some muscle size.

This is where you do four sets--of 12 reps, but you only rest about 20-30 seconds between sets.

And you only increase the weight you are using when you do not feel you need to use everything you have to get through all of the sets and reps.

Hope this Helps.